PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most disliked Spur?

Darkwaters
02-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Who is the most disliked Spur? It can be for personal, game-time, contract or purely absurd reasons. But which Spur do you dislike the most on the current roster?

Darkwaters
02-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Sorry, I couldn't have more than 10 poll options so I gave you everyone except TJ Ford, Cory Joseph, Tiago Splitter and Kawhi Leonard. If you really don't like one of those guys then I guess you'll have to do a write-in.

Spursfanfromafar
02-10-2012, 05:32 AM
I like Matt Bonner compared to Richard Jefferson. Bonner is paid below league average salary for sucking as a one dimensional basketball player while RJ is being honoured with $10 mil for basically being a poor man's Bonner.

chazley
02-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Why the hell do you put up players that obviously are going to get no serious responses?

angelbelow
02-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Hmm, I voted RJ.

Bonner has always been the same - year in and year out, we know what we're getting from him. Blair is a 2nd round pick with no knees and STILL looks like a potential rotation player in the NBA

But... RJ's fall from grace has been too ridiculous. Making him the 4th option pretty much removed him from contributing at all. And hes due 30 million the next 3 years. As much as we all love to hate on Bonner and Blair they make around 12 million combined the next 3 years.

RJ is my most hated Spur, and for what I like to think, objective reasons.

Brazil
02-10-2012, 07:03 AM
lol one fan prefers Bonner or RJ vs. TP :lmao

mudyez
02-10-2012, 07:34 AM
first thought was "Bonner will be killed in that one"....but then I remembered RJ's contract.

after all Bonner istnt that bad for the money he is getting (every team needs a stretch 4 and its not like he isnt doing just that for a reasenable salary)

Darkwaters
02-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Why the hell do you put up players that obviously are going to get no serious responses?

Why should I discriminate? Perhaps somebody truly can't stand Gary Neal or Manu Ginobili and this is his time to air that dirty laundry... Thats not for me to decide.

urunobili
02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Ginger... RJ is making his case too...

urunobili
02-10-2012, 08:40 AM
RJ won us the series vs. the Mavs before succumbing to Phoenix int he Playoffs. Ginger hasn't done anything when it matters...

bklynspursfan
02-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I put Blair. Seems like a nice guy, but so many times he is caught under neath among the trees and tries to force shots. He sometimes tries way too hard to get involved offensively and it hurts the flow of the game and more times than not leads to a charge, or a blocked shot. I wish he'd learn to get an offensive rebound, and unless he's wide open reset and use the 24 seconds they have.

Calispursfan11
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Close call bt RJ and James Anderson. I'm not sure it's Anderson's fault, but he's underachieving even for his draft position right now so I picked JA.

bus driver
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Close call bt RJ and James Anderson. I'm not sure it's Anderson's fault, but he's underachieving even for his draft position right now so I picked JA.

same here, last year he looked like a rising star......this year his shit stinks.

jeebus
02-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Bonner. Guaranteed to disappear in the later part of the season and playoffs. At least RJ might hit the occasional 3 pointer or two in the playoffs while Bonner just does absolutely nothing.

Keepin' it real
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Bonner because it's an embarrassment to see him on the court, especially at crunch time. I literally cringe every time he passes up a 3-pt shot and does that awkward-looking dribble penetrate. Has anyone ever looked more out of place on a basketball court?

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Bonner has been playing well. Face it haters.

Dick jefferson is the one.

Muser
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
People hating on Bonner is ridiculous, at least he gives 100% every night. RJ on the other hand is a lazy, passive fuckstick who needs to get off the team.

Blake
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sure Pop would have drawn a few votes if he had been listed.

johnnySpurs
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Between Jefferson and Blair for me.

I couldn't go with Bonner, because he is a role player who gets far too many minutes. I don't fault him for the fact that he plays so many minutes, that's Pops call.

I couldn't go with James Anderson, because I haven't been overly disappointed with what I've seen from him. I actually like his game and I think his limited play time is hurting his ability to develop, again... Pops call.

Jefferson wins, but Blair is not too far behind him.

timtonymanu
02-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Obviously it's Richard Jefferson. Blair's a close second. I don't dislike Bonner. He just annoys me.

RJ was brought in to be the 4th go-to-guy when one of the big 3 was struggling. Instead George Hill and Gary Neal took on that role while RJ coasted in the background. RJ's play has gotten lazier year after year and we're paying him 9 million. He actually makes me thankful we had Michael Finley. He's that bad.

The only thing that bothers me about Blair is him thinking he has to be the 2nd coming of Barkley. He had a very productive first year here and I don't think we'll see that again.

Darkwaters
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
For me it was between Jefferson and Blair. Jefferson won out, but Blair has seriously lost a lot of glamour in my eyes.

loveforthegame
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I've been frustrated with Blair and Bonner (he's picked up his play as of late) but RJ just makes me angry. His only contribution to the team is 3 point shooting and that's even diminishing. He might grab some boards once a month but he no longer drives or draws fouls. Don't even get me started on his defense or contract either.

mudyez
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Bonner?--> no, as he is a roleplayer on an ok contract, which is given a little too much courttime, but is husteling every now and then

Blair?-->no, see Bonner but with a really cheap contract!

RJ?-->not really a roleplayer, bad contract, "husteling"...whats that again?

mudyez
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Bonner?--> no, as he is a roleplayer on an ok contract, which is given a little too much courttime, but is husteling every now and then

Blair?-->no, see Bonner but with a really cheap contract!

RJ?-->not really a roleplayer, bad contract, "husteling"...whats that again?

Reck
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Nancy boy Jefferson.

He cannot contribute, will not contribute. Guy is useless.

ElNono
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
People hating on Bonner is ridiculous, at least he gives 100% every night. RJ on the other hand is a lazy, passive fuckstick who needs to get off the team.

This. Even though you're picking between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, the turd at least tries.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
This. Even though you're picking between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, the turd at least tries.

Except he hasn't been playing like a turd lately. He is hands down our 3rd best big and a decent backup by NBA standards. And regardless if ppl think he's getting too many minutes, we're winning with him on the floor. Pop is winning that argument as well.

DBMethos
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Can't hate on Bonner...it's not his fault that Pop plays him so much, especially over Splitter.

RJ sucks right now but at least he plays within himself for the most part.

Blair is on my shit list right now because of his insistence on being some kind of offensive wizard. His postup game sucks out loud, and he has no jumpshot to speak of. Yet that doesn't stop him from trying something whenever he gets the ball, which is always met by my admonition to not do anything stupid. He needs to stick to rebounding and put-backs, which have been declining at an alarming rate.

ElNono
02-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Except he hasn't been playing like a turd lately. He is hands down our 3rd best big and a decent backup by NBA standards. And regardless if ppl think he's getting too many minutes, we're winning with him on the floor. Pop is winning that argument as well.

Bonner's regular season work last season was better than this one... especially for a one-dimensional player.

But to Matt's credit, playing hard has never been a problem for him, regular season or playoffs.

cheguevara
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Bonner's regular season work last season was better than this one...especially for a one-dimensional player.

disagree, his per 36 stats are as good or better

But the #s won't tell how Bonner is playing better IMO. His positioning on defense especially is much better. It might help that he is playing with better guys out there but from the last 10 games, I don't remember too many stupid mistakes Bonner has committed. As opposed to last years when he'd make a stupid mistake often and then look at Pop with a stupid face. I haven't seen that lately.

That being said, he's Matt Bonner, he's still a liability half the time. But he's no turd.

jimo2305
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
IMO when bonner gets goin'.. u can't get mad.. and he doesn't disappear as much as RJ does.. the level of bonner hate is unwarranted..

RJ on the other hand.. is the JAMARCUS RUSSELL of spurs basketball..
*arrive..*get paid... *leave...

mercos
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't really dislike any one on the team, but I am disappointed in Jefferson. I had high hopes when he was signed. The last two years he even started great only to cool off and disappear. He has never given us the aggressive attack the basket mentality we have needed out of him. Not sure if that is on him or Pop but it has been a big disappointment.

Dr Cox
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
from other fans...manu

"he flops all the time"

jimo2305
02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
from other fans...manu

"he flops all the time"

and they're so stupidly biased.. like they don't recall manu's broken noses and being repeatedly hacked / clotheslined in the 2005 1st rnd series vs denver

a spear could be jarred into his chest and they'd still say he's flopping..

however i think bruce bowen would get more hate tho from other fans..

http://slamdumb.com/images/comics/3_18_08.jpg

stephen jackson
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
i hate bonner with a passion, rj is just there

baseline bum
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Jefferson easily. I still can't fucking believe he was given $40 million to shit the bed after the all-star break every year. And this year he has even gotten an early start. The only thing that separates him from Steve Smith is that at least Dick didn't threaten to hold out in a year he was being paid $10 million like that cocksucker Smith.

suitedkings
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I voted based off the title of the thread not the question to the poll. Opps

My vote would be Bonner.

jjktkk
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Jefferson.

DesignatedT
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
RJ and it isn't close. What a pussy that guy is.

and regarding Bonner, he might have shot the ball better last season but this has by far been his best season on the defensive side of the ball and that's exactly where he needed to make improvement.

BRs.Ganso
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
bonner in italic hahahah

wtf was that? a psyc induction or what?

DesignatedT
02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
that's because you voted him............................................... ...........

silverblackfan
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't really dislike any one on the team, but I am disappointed in Jefferson. I had high hopes when he was signed. The last two years he even started great only to cool off and disappear. He has never given us the aggressive attack the basket mentality we have needed out of him. Not sure if that is on him or Pop but it has been a big disappointment.

This. I don't hate any of the players, but RJ disappoints the most.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 02:35 PM

tp2021
02-11-2012, 03:01 PM
He is hands down our 3rd best big and a decent backup by NBA standards.

We only have 4 bigs :lol not that I disagree with you but that's not much of a supporting argument.

widowmaker
02-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Matt bonner. Cause even though he's playing good now, I know eventually he's gonna shit the stick.

Sean Cagney
02-11-2012, 03:11 PM
People hating on Bonner is ridiculous, at least he gives 100% every night.

When he is missing shots later in the year and still getting tons of minutes I would say it's justified. I know thats POPS fault for using him wrong, but you can't but hate him when he is getting abused on one side of the floor and his shots go clank (Like they do alot late). I cringe when I see playoff form Bonner.

I know he tries hard blah blah blah, but dude is not that giften if his shot is not falling and a stiff.
Matt bonner. Cause even though he's playing good now, I know eventually he's gonna shit the stick.THIS IS A GIVEN!

Creation88
02-11-2012, 03:50 PM
you're a fucking moron if you believe Matt Bonner gives 100% every night...that fool gets embarrassed on defense EVERY SINGLE NIGHt...just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlfP-ONjFPw&context=C3d6febbADOEgsToPDskL9aNJ775xeaAPhmp6gzQuC

BillMc
02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't dislike any of them.

siraulo23
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
this poll just depends on the time it's posted
RJ, Bonner and Blair are all terrible

early in the season I would have said Bonner, remember when he had 2 rebounds in like 10 games??? i do, and RJ couldnt miss threes, Blair was beasting inside

now, bonner is playing well, RJ and Blair are not

But right now, RJ definitely is the most disliked spur

underdawg
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
It's not about Bonner's effort or even his ability - it's about what he represents. Pop's stuborness to continue to roll with a flawed plan. Bonner won't cost you a championship, but he's not going to help you win one either and further more he's taking up minutes that could be given to someone that actually could.

RJ's horrible, but it's not his fault that teams are dumb enough give him the contracts he's been given.

Agloco
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Interesting that Neal has zero votes tbh, I mean with all the shit talkers about his past and all.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Blair was never "beasting inside". His stats the first few games were decent because he got easy layups off Manu's penetration. He never succeeds when he has to go one-on-one. Take Manu out of the equation and Blair turns into one of the biggest scrubs in the NBA. You're a bonafied scrub if you have to rely on a teammate to make you "decent".

All bigs rely on smalls or wings to get them the ball in the right spot, and hit shots to space the floor for them. Xs and Os fail.

ffadicted
02-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Matt Bonner is fucking awful, but god bless his heart.
Can't say the same about Jefferson, guy just doesn't give a fuck

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
As a Cowboys fan......I agree, Richard Jefferson is the Spurs' version of Roy Williams. Highly expensive underachiever.

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Blair was never "beasting inside". His stats the first few games were decent because he got easy layups off Manu's penetration. He never succeeds when he has to go one-on-one. Take Manu out of the equation and Blair turns into one of the biggest scrubs in the NBA. You're a bonafied scrub if you have to rely on a teammate to make you "decent".

Eyestalker, how does someone end up being a Giants and Spurs fan?

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2012, 09:34 PM
For me, from most disliked to least..

1. Richard Jefferson
2. Dejuan Blair
3. Danny Green
4. James Anderson
5. Gary Neal

Brutalis
02-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Jefferson because we overpay him to not live up to his potential.

Dex
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Whoever voted for Duncan needs to GTFO.

BanditHiro
02-12-2012, 02:05 AM

i'm tired of him being a tired old shit bag...na i voted RJ

he is a starter that contributes nothing.

Sean Cagney
02-12-2012, 02:22 AM

Some idiot troll! Thats all it could be, they need to leave the forum though immediately I agree! PERIOD.

vander
02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
that POS Bonner never wins games for us in the playoffs.
for the obscene 3.5 million he gets, he should be fucking carrying this team: shooting 65% from the field, creating shots for other players, shutting down the opponent's best player, and hauling in at least 10 rebounds per game

spursfan1000
02-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Easily Richard Jefferson, I wish they would have really gotten rid of him last off season like they were planning to!

underdawg
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
that POS Bonner never wins games for us in the playoffs.
for the obscene 3.5 million he gets, he should be fucking carrying this team: shooting 65% from the field, creating shots for other players, shutting down the opponent's best player, and hauling in at least 10 rebounds per game

or maybe just show up for the playoffs instead of shriveling up like a little girl

vander
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM
or maybe just show up for the playoffs instead of shriveling up like a little girl

role players not showing up in the playoffs can be overcome, the "Big 3" not showing up in the playoffs can not be overcome, in the last 3 years, only TP has carried his weight in the playoffs, once or twice

but go ahead, keep thinking it's all Bonner's fault that the Big 3 are (way) over the hill an can't take this team anywhere anymore

underdawg
02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
role players not showing up in the playoffs can be overcome, the "Big 3" not showing up in the playoffs can not be overcome, in the last 3 years, only TP has carried his weight in the playoffs, once or twice

but go ahead, keep thinking it's all Bonner's fault that the Big 3 are (way) over the hill an can't take this team anywhere anymore

It's not all Bonner's fault of course, but if a player is getting 20 mpg during the season and in the playoffs, you'd hope said player would at least play to level that he did during the regular season and maybe even better because it's the stinking playoffs.

You might not like the criticism of Bonner because you think it's unfair, but your denial of his playoff woes and how they impacted the losses is also unfair. Bonner's performance on a Spurs team during the Big 3's prime - no big deal. Bonner's on a Spurs team with a dwindling potency of the Big 3 in the playoffs = kind of important (as is the performance of all the role players).

I've said it before - Bonner won't cost you the championship, but he's not going to help you win it either. There are actually role players that have had a major hand in helping win a championship - Spurs have had several on their way to 4 championships. They really need them now more than then.

vander
02-12-2012, 04:32 PM
It's not all Bonner's fault of course, but if a player is getting 20 mpg during the season and in the playoffs, you'd hope said player would at least play to level that he did during the regular season and maybe even better because it's the stinking playoffs.

You might not like the criticism of Bonner because you think it's unfair, but your denial of his playoff woes and how they impacted the losses is also unfair. Bonner's performance on a Spurs team during the Big 3's prime - no big deal. Bonner's on a Spurs team with a dwindling potency of the Big 3 in the playoffs = kind of important (as is the performance of all the role players).

I've said it before - Bonner won't cost you the championship, but he's not going to help you win it either. There are actually role players that have had a major hand in helping win a championship - Spurs have had several on their way to 4 championships. They really need them now more than then.

IMO if Bonner was playing with one or two actual NBA stars, who could draw double teams, he would be much better in the playoffs. but playoff defenses can pretty much D-up the spurs man to man and make the "big 3" try to win it, which they can't, which means Bonner doesn't get open threes anymore, but gets the ball in pressure situations after one of the big 3 failed to create an easy shot for anyone.

role players "step up" much more often when they play with real stars, who take all the heat and focus and responsibility and pressure.

Darkwaters
02-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Interesting that Neal has zero votes tbh, I mean with all the shit talkers about his past and all.

When Jefferson, Bonner and Blair are still on the board it's hard to justify Gary Neal as your vote.

underdawg
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
IMO if Bonner was playing with one or two actual NBA stars, who could draw double teams, he would be much better in the playoffs. but playoff defenses can pretty much D-up the spurs man to man and make the "big 3" try to win it, which they can't, which means Bonner doesn't get open threes anymore, but gets the ball in pressure situations after one of the big 3 failed to create an easy shot for anyone.

role players "step up" much more often when they play with real stars, who take all the heat and focus and responsibility and pressure.

that's why Pop needs to give most of those 20 mpg that Bonner gets to a player that doesn't need open 3's to be effective.

BanditHiro
02-12-2012, 04:45 PM

he didn't rapePERIOD.

vander
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
that's why Pop needs to give most of those 20 mpg that Bonner gets to a player that doesn't need open 3's to be effective.

wouldn't make any real difference, maybe a couple extra points, but the team still isn't sniffing a championship with whatever you'd rather spend that 3.5 million on, because that's not the real problem.

underdawg
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
wouldn't make any real difference, maybe a couple extra points, but the team still isn't sniffing a championship with whatever you'd rather spend that 3.5 million on, because that's not the real problem.

would you say that about Bowen in '07 when he made 3.7 million? How much does Jeremy Lin make? $762K - yep, that's extremely rare but never say never.

I know it's only 3.5 million, but Bonner's still the 6th highest paid player on the Spurs (very close to #5 Tiago too) - a team that has most of it's money locked up in 4 players. Every player outside of those 4 has to be maximized to their potential for the Spurs to be competitive in the playoffs.

Duncan was bad in the playoffs last year, but it wasn't like Manu and Tony were completely awful (almost 40 pts per game combined). The Spurs still averaged 94 points against Memphis (avg'd 97.5), but after Hill the scoring had a huge drop off going from 11.7 pts for Hill to 7.7 for Neal. Jefferson, Bonner and McDyess all averaged over 20 mpg and none scored more than 7pts per game. I give McDyess a pass for his purpose as a defensive player but RJ and Bonner definitely could have been better.

The Big 3 are old and I get that, but they still make the Spurs very competitive for a title this year. That's based solely on the Spurs getting maximum effort from its role players. Tiago and Leonard should provide the help they needed last year and maybe even TJ and Green too. Bonner could be effective if used in small spurts for situations that call for a 3 pt shot. Using him for more than 10 mpg in the playoffs will not help the Spurs and I know this because it's been proven to be true.

therealtruth
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
would you say that about Bowen in '07 when he made 3.7 million? How much does Jeremy Lin make? $762K - yep, that's extremely rare but never say never.

I know it's only 3.5 million, but Bonner's still the 6th highest paid player on the Spurs (very close to #5 Tiago too) - a team that has most of it's money locked up in 4 players. Every player outside of those 4 has to be maximized to their potential for the Spurs to be competitive in the playoffs.

Duncan was bad in the playoffs last year, but it wasn't like Manu and Tony were completely awful (almost 40 pts per game combined). The Spurs still averaged 94 points against Memphis (avg'd 97.5), but after Hill the scoring had a huge drop off going from 11.7 pts for Hill to 7.7 for Neal. Jefferson, Bonner and McDyess all averaged over 20 mpg and none scored more than 7pts per game. I give McDyess a pass for his purpose as a defensive player but RJ and Bonner definitely could have been better.

The Big 3 are old and I get that, but they still make the Spurs very competitive for a title this year. That's based solely on the Spurs getting maximum effort from its role players. Tiago and Leonard should provide the help they needed last year and maybe even TJ and Green too. Bonner could be effective if used in small spurts for situations that call for a 3 pt shot. Using him for more than 10 mpg in the playoffs will not help the Spurs and I know this because it's been proven to be true.

What killed the Spurs in game 6 was when Dice reinjured his neck and Pop played Bonner in his place. I think those extra minutes Bonner got really hurt the Spurs. By the time Dice came back in Randolph was unstoppable. That's the problem of favoring a one dimensional offensive player that had no business guarding Randolph.

therealtruth
02-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Very true. In the playoffs matchups are everything. You need to win your matchups to have a chance. Basically your stars need to be able to draw double teams and kick out to the open shooter or score themselves consistently. That's what Duncan used to do when we were winning. When he lost his ability to draw the double teams it basically made players like Bonner less useful in playoff situations. Bonner gets most of his 3's thru drive and kick penetration which can be nullified by young and energetic defenders as the Grizzlies showed.

therealtruth
02-12-2012, 09:03 PM

You can't survive in the playoffs with Bonner soaking 20+ mpg. JVG said it best last year. The Spurs need better talent. The last playoff series the Spurs won Bonner probably played his least mpg in a playoff series.

$pursDynasty
02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
First off let me say I love every Spur though I do curse them when they screw up in a game. I love it when they all do well but at least on this board it seems if Splitter walks up and down the court w/o tripping he is the best thing since Wilt Chamberlain, wait I mean Bill Russell because if we give Splitter enough minutes we are ensured of 6 more rings. I like what I am seeing from Splitter and only want him to continue to improve, I get the everyone loves the backup QB thing BUT thinking your backup QB is better than Montana and Brady seems a little ridiculous.

jimo2305
02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
First off let me say I love every Spur though I do curse them when they screw up in a game. I love it when they all do well but at least on this board it seems if Splitter walks up and down the court w/o tripping he is the best thing since Wilt Chamberlain, wait I mean Bill Russell because if we give Splitter enough minutes we are ensured of 6 more rings. I like what I am seeing from Splitter and only want him to continue to improve, I get the everyone loves the backup QB thing BUT thinking your backup QB is better than Montana and Brady seems a little ridiculous.

strong 1st post.. welcome

therealtruth
02-13-2012, 01:32 AM

Guys are just happy that there's a credible alternative to Bonner/Blair.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2012, 07:57 AM
The people who answered Tim, Tony or Manu are either trolls or fucktards. :rolleyes

Russo21
02-13-2012, 08:02 AM
How the fuck can Tim Duncan have two votes to his name ???? Fuck the two cunts who did that. Tim Duncan is and will always be the San Antonio Spurs.