PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3

resistanze
02-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Who's getting it? Which edition?

This will be the first game I'm preordering since God of War 3, tbh. I'll likely get the Gamestop pre-order deal with the N7 armor and 2 assault rifles.

Muser
02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Is it worth getting if I haven't played 2? I played one but didn't think too highly of it.

resistanze
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
If you don't care too much about the fine details of ME2 you can skip it, as ME3 has the option to recap both ME and ME1. But if you didn't like ME too much then I'm not sure how much you'll like the rest of the games.

ME2 was more of a shooter than ME was, but I heard they're also restoring the RPG elements while improving the shooter aspect in ME3.

vander
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
As soon as I see it for less than $50 i'm buying it. I hope it's more like ME1 (good story + RPG), and less like ME2 (hallway shooter filled with recruiting missions and chest high walls)

edit: 48 bucks at newegg? sold

Xevious
02-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Here's the latest trailer featuring a female Shepard...

3pShKKOV_gA

All I can say is holy shit. I doesn't make a difference to me that the trailer has a female Shep... the game just looks badass. This is definitely one of my favorite video game franchises ever.

Xevious
02-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I have the collector's edition pre-ordered. That's the first and probably last time I spend that much on a video game.

resistanze
02-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Damn, now I'm debating whether to get the regular or Collector's edition. I'll make my mind up when I pass by Gamestop today.

phyzik
02-13-2012, 04:23 AM
SPOILER!!!!!!!!

This is footage of someone who somehow got early access to the demo... it shows pretty much the entire begining (intro) of the game, including the 1st and 2nd missions of the demo (not necesarilly the first and 2nd missions of the game)..

If you dont want the first 30-60min of gameplay to be spoiled for you.... you have been warned... dont watch.

In the first video, skip ahead to about 1:55 to get to character creation stuff.... Skip to about 3:30 to get to the intro and gameplay.

2nd video picks up right where 1st video left off.

ah6OAaekaWw

WCXHzbEDK5E

resistanze
02-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Playing a ME3 game on Facebook and correctly guessing a sequence got you early access to the demo.

I only watched the first video, and I'm pretty hyped. Got my copy pre-ordered.

redzero
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Replaying ME2 on Insanity as an Infiltrator. It is so much better than Adept, which is shitty.

resistanze
02-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I only played insanity once with Infiltrator, tbh. I think I died only once in my entire playthrough, I might try another class before ME3.

redzero
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Damn. I'm not that good.

It is much easier with Infiltrator than with Adept. Adept is a pain in the ass to play. Infiltrator is versatile and fun. I breezed through parts of the game with Infiltrator that I had trouble with while playing Adept.

balli
02-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Adept was cooler in ME1 where singularity and throw and all the biotic stuff in general was just insanely cool. The physics were just a lot more loose and you could like pull an entire room into a singuIarity and then just fuck shit up however. I played an adept in ME2, but used infiltrator for my insanity playthrough; it would be hard to do otherwise I think.

vander
02-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I was kinda regretting playing infiltrator, I never once used cloak, and only used control AI a handful of times.

redzero
02-13-2012, 03:28 PM
On Insanity, Cloak was crucial for getting out of bad situations. I use it to run away from Praetorians all the time.

resistanze
02-13-2012, 03:46 PM
lol, without cloak I would've died a dozen more times on insanity. When you get the Widow sniper, the game's a fuckin' wrap. A bullet to the head put most creatures down.

vander
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
yeah, I don't often play on the hardest level, cause then it just becomes work.

anyone else think the shadow broker DLC was actually tougher than the suicide mission, or was I just getting lazy?

Xevious
02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
anyone else think the shadow broker DLC was actually tougher than the suicide mission, or was I just getting lazy?
Tougher? Not really. But the two boss fights were both unique and actually required a bit of strategy compared to most battles in the main questline.

As for the infiltrator. It's pretty overpowered compared to the other classes. A cloaked headshot with the widow sniper rifle pretty much dropped everything in the game. The vanguard in Me1 takes it though. If you have singularity as your bonus power, nothing will ever touch you even on the hardest difficulty. Singularity, throw, and lift to control the crowd, then launch a rocket out of your shotgun to clean up the mess. Rinse and repeat. Your squad-mates are basically just spectators.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
yeah, I don't often play on the hardest level, cause then it just becomes work.

I'm totally with you on that. It makes sense in that when it was released the target audience was people who had beaten the game and wanted more so they should up the challenge a little. But if you're a late comer to the game like I was (I bought it at a Black Friday sale, came packaged with most of the DLC) and start The Lair of the Shadow Broke it in the middle of the game when it first becomes available the difficulty spike is pretty jarring. The fight with the Spectre might be the best boss fight in the whole game.

redzero
02-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Lair of The Shadow Broker was tough on Insanity when I played Adept. I haven't played it with Infiltrator yet. Hell, Kasumi's DLC was tough, too, but it beck a lot easier with Infiltrator.

Lair definitely had the best boss fights, though.

vander
02-14-2012, 04:12 PM
oh no, just discovered that ME3 won't run through steam and will require EA's origin software. fuck that, I can wait till the GotY edition is available on steam for $30 next year

Xevious
02-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm mixed on the demo. The combat, and new skill trees are nice. While it isn't in the game, weapon/armor modding should be cool too.

The storyline/narrative sucks from the little bit we see. And the demo starts just as the game will apparently. It was originally said that Shepard would be on trial for his actions in the "Arrival" DLC when the Reavers attack. That was all cut out. Shepard and the Normandy are grounded for some unspecified reason (no mention of Shepard's involvement with Cerberus or anything) when the Reavers hit. What follows is a very clinical and emotionless escape from a generic futuristic city being destroyed by giant robots. No civilians around, no panic, nothing. Just a couple injured soldiers and burning buildings. You do see one child killed just for emotion manipulation. Then you are rescued by the Normandy... which is now part of the Alliance fleet for some reason? Cerberus crew, AI, and all? It just feels like there is missing exposition. No proper bridge between ME2 and 3.

Plus the dialogue wheel is gimped to shit. Shepard pretty much talks on his own. Hopefully this is strictly for the demo.

Anyway... I'll reserve final judgement until I play the finished game.

resistanze
02-14-2012, 07:58 PM
As I've said before I thought ME2 really was a missed opportunity in terms of the storyline - it suffered form the same gaps in logical flow. So honestly, I'm not expecting much of an improvement for ME3. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, otherwise I'm just gonna enjoy all the other parts of the game I love.

LnGrrrR
02-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Definitely getting it, at whatever is the most expensive edition likely. I only get four or five games a year now, if that, and I'm stoked for this one.

LnGrrrR
02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Replaying ME2 on Insanity as an Infiltrator. It is so much better than Adept, which is shitty.

I can never replay these games. I get too attached to the character I've created/played through, and so my other saves get abandoned after a few hours.

resistanze
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm mixed on the demo. The combat, and new skill trees are nice. While it isn't in the game, weapon/armor modding should be cool too.

The storyline/narrative sucks from the little bit we see. And the demo starts just as the game will apparently. It was originally said that Shepard would be on trial for his actions in the "Arrival" DLC when the Reavers attack. That was all cut out. Shepard and the Normandy are grounded for some unspecified reason (no mention of Shepard's involvement with Cerberus or anything) when the Reavers hit. What follows is a very clinical and emotionless escape from a generic futuristic city being destroyed by giant robots. No civilians around, no panic, nothing. Just a couple injured soldiers and burning buildings. You do see one child killed just for emotion manipulation. Then you are rescued by the Normandy... which is now part of the Alliance fleet for some reason? Cerberus crew, AI, and all? It just feels like there is missing exposition. No proper bridge between ME2 and 3.

Plus the dialogue wheel is gimped to shit. Shepard pretty much talks on his own. Hopefully this is strictly for the demo.

Anyway... I'll reserve final judgement until I play the finished game.

Yeah, it's gonna be dissapointing if this is how ME3 actually starts. What happened to the squad from ME2? Cerberus? The Illusive Man? Why would the Reapers start with Earth, wasn't there a nearer planet to start with for the invasion? I know Shep is human and all, but the whole invasion seemed weak. Ah well, just gonna wait and see.

vander
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, it's gonna be dissapointing if this is how ME3 actually starts. What happened to the squad from ME2? Cerberus? The Illusive Man? Why would the Reapers start with Earth, wasn't there a nearer planet to start with for the invasion? I know Shep is human and all, but the whole invasion seemed weak. Ah well, just gonna wait and see.

I'm still pissed off because I thought I locked them out of our universe by severing their connection to the citadel :bang

vander
02-26-2012, 01:44 PM

only one, and it's a human planet as well (http://dwebart.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-Galaxy-Map-2-0-198340809)

if certain rumors are true, buying Mass Effect 3 makes you a bad person (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM)

resistanze
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
only one, and it's a human planet as well (http://dwebart.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-Galaxy-Map-2-0-198340809)

if certain rumors are true, buying Mass Effect 3 makes you a bad person (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM)

Yeah, it just seemed so convenient that the Reapers would start with Earth. Felt to me the Reapers overall got dumber as the series went on, lol.

ME1: The Protheans disabled the Keepers, let's indoctrinate someone to manually open the Mass Relay at the Citadel (makes sense).

ME2: Let's make our mysteries servants the Collectors (had no part in ME1) kidnap billions of humans to make a Human Reaper (for what?)

ME3: Fuck it let's just fly to Earth and fuck it up, that'll make Shepard mad!

resistanze
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
And the nickle and diming for DLC is the new norm for the gaming industry, not surprising at all.

vander
02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
And the nickle and diming for DLC is the new norm for the gaming industry, not surprising at all.

well what EA is allegedly doing here is worse than DLC, they're cutting out a part of the completed game, a story part, and making you buy it separately.

but that's not even why I'm going to wait until the game+all DLC is cheap on steam. it just looks to me like the story has fallen apart, and the gameplay is now fast paced mowing down hoards rather than creep slowly behind cover and take out enemies carefully.

EA does it again

redzero
02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
http://vgtribune.com/files/2011/03/12994379371871.jpg

vander
02-26-2012, 02:17 PM
yep, though using the mona lisa is a stretch. most games these days would be more like, I don't know, blue duck? :lol

resistanze
02-26-2012, 02:23 PM
well what EA is allegedly doing here is worse than DLC, they're cutting out a part of the completed game, a story part, and making you buy it separately.

but that's not even why I'm going to wait until the game+all DLC is cheap on steam. it just looks to me like the story has fallen apart, and the gameplay is now fast paced mowing down hoards rather than creep slowly behind cover and take out enemies carefully.

EA does it again

There was another game that did this over the past year - I can't remember. Bioware's excuse is that "we started working on it once we completed the game!" I agree it's pathetic.

The funny part is that I pirated ME2 and I still ended up shelling almost $40 for all the DLC/Cerebus network access shit :lol

I pre-ordered ME3 because I figured I owed them one.

resistanze
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
http://vgtribune.com/files/2011/03/12994379371871.jpg

:lol

I remember back in the day, playing Half-Life expansions like Opposing Force. Now that was an expansion pack. Time's have fucking changed.

redzero
02-26-2012, 02:25 PM
To tell the truth, I don't care either way. I'll pirate the DLC like I always do.

Brutalis
02-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I pre-ordered today. Only been into ME2 for a couple weeks and used the Genesis DLC to catch me up and I'm loving this game so far. Miranda is a sexy bitch.

resistanze
03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Picking up pre-order after work (if I ever leave) from Gamestop, tbh.

z0sa
03-06-2012, 05:13 PM
too many video games .........

redzero
03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
People fucking hate the ending. Don't know about the gameplay.

MannyIsGod
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Can't pick this up right now as much as I want to. I would never find time to actually work. I might have to wait until after finals and that makes me incredibly sad.

resistanze
03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Wow this game is fucking retarded and I haven't even started. I'm trying to access my ME2 character on my new black console but it's not working - apparently EA is aware of this issue. Horribly idiotic and irresponsible.

resistanze
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
So going back to my original xbox with ME2, my character (I've had all since ME3) disappeared. I can see the most recent character I played with however. My saved game says the name of my original character when I go to storage.

I might just return this :lol

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Wow this game is fucking retarded and I haven't even started. I'm trying to access my ME2 character on my new black console but it's not working - apparently EA is aware of this issue. Horribly idiotic and irresponsible.

same I can't access my character so I said fuck it and started over

resistanze
03-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Apparently you can use a usb stick to transfer the saved game over if you have the ME2 file on another console still available.

My second issue is that my DLC was all deleted, so I *think* it inactivated all my other saved games where I had DLC character in it. So now I'm gonna re-download all my ME3 DLC to hopefully access the other saves. Lunacy.

EDIT: Nope, didn't fix it. Gonna sell and pirate this out of spite.

redzero
03-06-2012, 07:19 PM
:lol Bioware's fans already started to turn on them because of Dragon Age 2. This is just more ammunition.

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
:lol Bioware's fans already started to turn on them because of Dragon Age 2. This is just more ammunition.

yeah I could see this being a big issue for higher level ups I was only level 20ish no biggie

resistanze
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm still in disbelief, lol. I'm still downloading about 4 GB of DLC to see if it can recover my other saved games. They funny part is that I'm forced to play on my 20GB XBOX, where I can't install the games if I even want to have a chance to import my save I've had for almost 5 years.

z0sa
03-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Jesus christ EA destroys everything if touches

Xevious
03-08-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm enjoying it so far... haven't had that much time to play though. I had no problems importing my character but I know many others have - mostly people on PCs that uninstalled ME2 but kept their saves. Bioware's response has been to reinstall ME2, load up the save you want to import and resave it. I didn't know people on consoles were having problems though. I upgraded my Xbox HDD a while back and have had no problems.

About the game. The marketing for this game has been pretty misleading with its "take back Earth" business. While that is Shepard's focus(he's really trying to unite all the races/political powers to fight together), the entire galaxy is overrun by Reapers. One of the early missions takes place on a moon orbiting the Turian homeworld and that planet looks more devestated than Earth does.

Because the Reapers are everywhere, you have to avoid them in the Normandy. While you scan planets for resources and war assets, you increase Reaper awareness in that system. Also because of the hurried pace of the main storyline, some of the secondary missions will time out if you don't do them quick enough. That sounded shitty to me at first, but it hasn't been a problem yet. Just clear your journal before advancing the main story and you shouldn't miss anything.

So far so good. I still have concerns about how much your past desisions really impact the outcome of ME3. I guess I'll find out why so many people are bitching about the end soon enough.

resistanze
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I started playing a new game as well, trying to get over my tragic loss. :lol

I'm actually happen the whole "take back Earth" human-centric marketing campaign was just a ploy. It seemed against the nature of a a game that built itself on being so much more than just humans in the galaxy.

I'm about 8 hours in, and it's a good game. As redzero said I've heard things about the ending, but I won't think about it now. The customizable weaponry and loot is pretty good. I find the cover system in combat a little wonky though - I can't keep track the amount of times I've just popped out of cover for no reason, worse than ME2 in that respect.

resistanze
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I started playing a new game as well, trying to get over my tragic loss. :lol

I'm actually happen the whole "take back Earth" human-centric marketing campaign was just a ploy. It seemed against the nature of a a game that built itself on being so much more than just humans in the galaxy.

I'm about 8 hours in, and it's a good game. As redzero said I've heard things about the ending, but I won't think about it now. The customizable weaponry and loot is pretty good. I find the cover system in combat a little wonky though - I can't keep track the amount of times I've just popped out of cover for no reason, worse than ME2 in that respect.

BanditHiro
03-10-2012, 09:02 PM
How I felt after finishing the game.

http://i.imgur.com/fvutk.gif

BlackSwordsMan
03-10-2012, 11:01 PM
a lot of people hated the ending fuck I'm so tempted to spoil myself I'm still a long ways to go

redzero
03-10-2012, 11:02 PM
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/gnosblax/yodawgme.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM
i youtubed all three endings and am confused as fuck...

redzero
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
I saw the endings on YouTube, too. At least there was a point to doing everything in Mass Effect 2. The endings in 3 barely differ.

resistanze
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm probably 60% done my playthrough. I've said in the past this trilogy took a Matrix-esque turn, so I expect ME3 = Matrix Revolutions :lol

Game isn't bad so far, although I ended up playing a New Game so everything story-wise & character-wise is fucked up.

resistanze
03-13-2012, 01:57 PM
:lmao @ the ending I had for ME3. Oh boy.

The last level had excellent build up too.

resistanze
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I haven't bought the DLC but Javik (The Prothean) seems to be the best ME troll ever.

IehPgttjzpk7XmUw7yYhlE
DCNnMkJHYe84ZnWyCVWyCk at 1:30

phyzik
03-17-2012, 01:52 AM
what a huge letdown.... I finished the game about a week ago... The ending sucked...

I mean seriously... these were direct quotes from Chris Priestly and Casey Hudson MONTHS before the game was released...

“There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets?”

“Mass Effect 3 is all about answering all the biggest questions in the lore, learning about the mysteries and the Protheans and the Reapers, being able to decide for yourself how all of these things come to an end.”

“Every decision you've made will impact how things go. The player's also the architect of what happens."

“You'll get answers to everything. That was one of the key things. Regardless of how we did everything, we had to say, yes, we're going to provide some answers to these people.”

And what do we get at the end? an A,B or C choice which hardly diverge from eachother.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/076/d/3/mass_effect_fail_by_akael-d4t0nrx.png

Fuck that shit, Im pissed....

At least they are listening though...

We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening. Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game. In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free.

We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game. We are listening to all of your feedback.

motherfuckers better fix this shit. fucking selling out to EA.... FUCK!!! :bang

Dont get me wrong, the game was fucking EPIC!!!!.... until the last 10 minutes of complete and utter letdown and failure.

dont even get me started on the day 1 DLC bullshit either.... fucking sellouts! :greedy

redzero
03-17-2012, 02:13 AM
:lol people actually want to pay for a DLC that fixes the ending.

phyzik
03-17-2012, 02:31 AM
:lol people actually want to pay for a DLC that fixes the ending.

I wont pay for DLC that fixes the ending, or any other DLC they put out.... period... I'm gonna fucking pirate all the DLC they release until they make good on their claims of what ME3's ending was supposed to be.

They robbed me of my time and money making promises on how there was gonna be closure and how our actions where going to affect the ending... I have no problem robbing them until they make ammends.

Right now, they are snake oil salesmen to me.... They are that "bum" you see on the corner every day that you KNOW lives in an upscale home and dares to ask for more money playing the part of a helpless victim just to get that extra cash.

Xevious
03-18-2012, 02:42 AM
I've yet to beat the game (real life getting in the way), but I've read enough spoilers to know why people are pissed. And alot of my concerns early on have come to pass it seems. While I am enjoying the game, your ME1 and ME2 playthroughs make almost no difference... minor dialogue changes here and there. Instead of your prior experiences really impacting the direction of ME3 (and ultimately deciding whether it's possible for you to beat the Reapers), everything is tallied into a number. Depending on what the number is, you get one of three endings that barely differ. Am I correct here?

We were forced into a linear story while we thought we were actually making a difference. Want Anderson on the council? Naa, Udina will be there with no on-screen explination. Want to kill the last Rachni queen? No problem, there's a backup. Destroy the genophage cure? There's another one. Key characters killed off? Plenty of random NPCs to replace them with little impact on the story. I'm sure there's plenty more examples. I haven't seen the Quarians and Geth yet.

resistanze
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Depending on what the number is, you get one of three endings that barely differ. Am I correct here?
Yup. You could find quotes a year ago by BW saying how much divergent the endings could be.

Also ME3 just shows again that everything did in ME2 made no sense. I still have no idea why the Collectors were introduced and what the "human Reaper" was for. Because by the start of ME3, the Reapers had flew to Earth in less than 6 months while the galaxy had their thumbs up their asses.

ME3 wasn't a bad game overall if you treat it as self-contained game (...like you had to do for ME2). But the ending is just so plain lazy that you might actually hate the entire experience.

vander
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Yup. You could find quotes a year ago by BW saying how much divergent the endings could be.

Also ME3 just shows again that everything did in ME2 made no sense. I still have no idea why the Collectors were introduced and what the "human Reaper" was for. Because by the start of ME3, the Reapers had flew to Earth in less than 6 months while the galaxy had their thumbs up their asses.

ME3 wasn't a bad game overall if you treat it as self-contained game (...like you had to do for ME2). But the ending is just so plain lazy that you might actually hate the entire experience.

this renders the whole ME1 story moot as well

resistanze
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
this renders the whole ME1 story moot as well

Very true. I just made that assumption from the very beginning :lol

resistanze
03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1097695/colorblind.jpg

Sense
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
didn't even finish ME2, just watched the ending(s)...

It's all the same shit :lol no action whatsoever on the ending apparently as far as gameplay... but wow I would be upset too.

Fernando TD21
03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
I finished the game. The gameplay is good, but I had more fun playing ME2. Maybe because there were more interesting characters in ME2. I think that the interaction with the characters from the previous game was too brief and I was hoping more of them would join the crew in the normandy.

I wasn't pleased with the ending as well. I read a theory (Indoctrination Theory) that gives an alternative explanation to the endings but I think that would make the conclusion to the story even worse.

Hooks
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
The ending was rushed mainly because they had to change it because some douche leaked the whole script. The original ending was supposed to be about dark energy going out of control from too many people and the reapers had to wipe them out to keep it under control, it explained the human reaper etc.

vander
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
The ending was rushed mainly because they had to change it because some douche leaked the whole script. The original ending was supposed to be about dark energy going out of control from too many people and the reapers had to wipe them out to keep it under control, it explained the human reaper etc.

huh, I just assumed the reapers were evolution farmers, upgrading themselves with whatever this iteration of evolution offered, and then wiping it out before it became a threat, IMO that made pretty fucking good sense and explained the human reaper.

resistanze
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM

WTF? They destroyed the ending because of a leak most people who played ME3had no idea about? That might be a dumber move by BW than having the current ending because they were lazy.

Fernando TD21
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I forgot to say, I think there was too little secondary missions. Specially considering that many of the missions consisted of just finding a planet and throwing a probe on it.
At least they got rid of the gathering minerals thing.

Hooks
03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
huh, I just assumed the reapers were evolution farmers, upgrading themselves with whatever this iteration of evolution offered, and then wiping it out before it became a threat, IMO that made pretty fucking good sense and explained the human reaper.

My memory on the original ending is vague so I can't really remember, I'm sure you can find it if you google it though. All I know is that it had to do with a massive amount of dark energy that would've destroyed the universe or something... In the original ending you still had choices, I think one of them was to destroy earth in order to stop the build up of dark energy, etc.

WTF? They destroyed the ending because of a leak most people who played ME3had no idea about? That might be a dumber move by BW than having the current ending because they were lazy.

Yeah that's why they delayed the game's original release date.

Someone had leaked the entire script just a few months (maybe 3 months?) before the game came out. The person leaked it on the official Bioware forums, Bioware acknowledged that the leak was indeed legit and decided to delay the game to change the ending.

That's why it took forever for it to be released, I think it was like a 6 month delay or something like that, but based on the original script I think the only thing they really changed was the ending.

Bioware says they DO NOT plan to stop the Mass Effect franchise, BUT they did say Shepard's story is over.

Hooks
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I forgot to say, I think there was too little secondary missions. Specially considering that many of the missions consisted of just finding a planet and throwing a probe on it.
At least they got rid of the gathering minerals thing.

IMO ME2 was better than ME3. I really liked the amount of party members available in ME2, I kept on waiting and waiting to get a new party member in part 3 but that didn't come which was disappointing. I was waiting for a batarian member or something like that, getting grunt back etc.

ME2 had A LOT more interesting characters. I also liked the ability to visit other places like Omega instead of being restricted to the Citadel in ME3.

I was really hoping that I'd be able to visit other species' home worlds or something like that.

Fernando TD21
03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
IMO ME2 was better than ME3. I really liked the amount of party members available in ME2, I kept on waiting and waiting to get a new party member in part 3 but that didn't come which was disappointing. I was waiting for a batarian member or something like that, getting grunt back etc.

ME2 had A LOT more interesting characters. I also liked the ability to visit other places like Omega instead of being restricted to the Citadel in ME3.

I was really hoping that I'd be able to visit other species' home worlds or something like that.
I thought we would be able to visit other places too. Going to citadel all the time gets boring. They should've at least made the visiting places in citadel bigger.

Trainwreck2100
03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
We were forced into a linear story while we thought we were actually making a difference. Want Anderson on the council? Naa, Udina will be there with no on-screen explination. Want to kill the last Rachni queen? No problem, there's a backup. Destroy the genophage cure? There's another one. Key characters killed off? Plenty of random NPCs to replace them with little impact on the story. I'm sure there's plenty more examples. I haven't seen the Quarians and Geth yet.
Its in Anderson's codex entry that he served for awhile then said. "I don't want to do this I want to be in the field" and stepped down. I'm still pissed about the quarian/Geth scenario I was given

The see through kid said that the civilizations are absorbed into reaper forces, so i just assume that all reapers are the collected energies of the civilizations they conquered, turned into machinesq

resistanze
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
The see through kid said that the civilizations are absorbed into reaper forces, so i just assume that all reapers are the collected energies of the civilizations they conquered, turned into machinesq

Yeah I understand that but why try to make the Collectors do that shit in secret? It had nothing to do with ME1. Then after the Collectors failed the Reapers are like "fuck it let's fly to Earth". Apparently it only took the Reapers only 6 months to get there, as opposed on the 2 years it took for the Collectors to make an incomplete human Reaper.

And BTW, you can have a happy Geth/Quarian ending provided you used an imported save from ME2. If you don't then yeah it's fucked.

Kai
03-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I was so damn indecisive i ended up with Ashley, killing off Miranda, and had the disintegration ending.

Trainwreck2100
03-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah I understand that but why try to make the Collectors do that shit in secret? It had nothing to do with ME1. Then after the Collectors failed the Reapers are like "fuck it let's fly to Earth". Apparently it only took the Reapers only 6 months to get there, as opposed on the 2 years it took for the Collectors to make an incomplete human Reaper.

And BTW, you can have a happy Geth/Quarian ending provided you used an imported save from ME2. If you don't then yeah it's fucked.

i didn't have enough points from ME2 to get the paragon option for it, its fuckin bullshit

resistanze
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
i didn't have enough points from ME2 to get the paragon option for it, its fuckin bullshit

Yeah that sucks. Did you do Legion's loyalty mission in ME2 where you had to either rewrite or destory the Geth heretics? If you didn't then there's no chance of solving the issue in ME3. Even if you did it and chose to rewrite the Heretics (like I did) it becomes much harder to solve the issue.

Xevious
03-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Yeah that sucks. Did you do Legion's loyalty mission in ME2 where you had to either rewrite or destory the Geth heretics? If you didn't then there's no chance of solving the issue in ME3. Even if you did it and chose to rewrite the Heretics (like I did) it becomes much harder to solve the issue.

Why's that? I rewrote the heretics and had no problem making everybody play nice. What changes if you destroy them in ME2?

Fernando TD21
03-22-2012, 03:17 AM
NPro-9wvskg

SPOILERS

edited to add this:

If the Collector Base was saved

In Mass Effect 2 you're given a choice at the end of the game to destroy or keep the Collector's Base intact. The following endings are possible only if the base was NOT destroyed. Note: If you did not import a Mass Effect 2 save it is assumed that you destroyed the Collector Base.

With a Effective Military Strength that's under 1,750 points
you can choose to destroy the Reapers, or control the Reapers, but regardless of your choice Earth is still destroyed.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 1,750
you can choose to destroy the reapers, but Earth is still destroyed.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 2,050
you can choose to control the Reapers, and Earth is saved.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 2,350
you can choose to destroy the Reapers and save Earth, but Earth is devastated.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 2,650
you can destroy the Reapers and save Earth.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 2,800
you can choose the synergy ending for synthetics and organics saving the planet Earth, and the entire Galaxy.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 4,000
you can choose to destroy the reapers, and if you interrupt The Illusive Man to "save" Anderson and Shepard lives.
If your Effective Military Strength is at 5,000
you can choose to destroy the reapers. If you did not interrupt The Illusive Man to "save" Anderson Shepard still lives.

If the Collector Base was destroyed

If you did not import a Mass Effect 2 save, the game assumes that you destroyed the Collector Base. If that is the case, or if you imported a Mass Effect 2 save where you destroyed the Collector Base, these are the possible endings.

With an Effective Military Strength that's under 1,750 points
Earth will be destroyed regardless of the choice you made. You can still choose to control the Reapers, or Destroy them, but it will not affect the outcome.
With an Effective Military Strength at 1,750
you can choose to control the reapers, but Earth will still be destroyed.
With an Effective Military Strength at 2,050
1,900 you can choose to destroy the Reapers and save Earth, but Earth will be devastated.
With an Effective Military Strength at 2,350
you can choose to control the Reapers and by doing so you'll save Earth.
With an Effective Military Strength of 2,650
you can choose to destroy the Reapers and Earth will be saved.
With an Effective Military Strength of 2,800
you can choose the Synergy ending that will combine organics and synthetics. Earth will be saved as well as the Galaxy if you get this ending.
With an Effective Military Strength of 4,000
you can choose to destroy the Reapers, and you can interrupt The Illusive Man to "save" Anderson. Shepard also lives in this scenario.

With an Effective Military Strength of 5,000 you can choose to destroy the Reapers OR control the Reapers OR synthesis, and if you don't interrupt The Illusive Man to "save" Anderson, Shepard will still live unless you choose Synthesis or Control (which kills Shepard).

OTHER ENDING CUTSCENE DIFFERENCES

All ending cutscenes have a few things in common, with some very slight differences. Here are the additional permutations:

The Normandy's fate:
The Normandy crash lands into a forest in EVERY ENDING. If you choose to control or destroy the Reapers, your last Squad steps out. If you choose the Synergy ending (artificial intelligence and organic fusion), Joker and EDI step out.

The shockwave:
The shockwave is blue if you choose to control the reapers, red if you choose to activate the weapon, and green if you choose the synergy ending.

Paragon / Renegade effects:
If you have 100% Paragon or Renegade status, you can choose the persuasive red or blue text, respectively, when talking to the Illusive Man. If you do so, you can convince him to shoot himself. To get 100% Paragon or Renegade, you may have to import a character.

New Game+ Ending

Beating the game a second time with an imported Mass Effect 3 Shepard may unlock a different ending (Unconfirmed)
(saw this in another forum, I think IGN is the original source of this information)

Darkwaters
03-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I haven't finished the game yet. I imported the wrong ME2 game and ended up committing genocide on the Quarians. Pissed off, I started over with the correct import and am now starting the Quarian sequence again.

How far through the full game am I?

Darkwaters
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
I haven't finished the game yet. I imported the wrong ME2 game and ended up committing genocide on the Quarians. Pissed off, I started over with the correct import and am now starting the Quarian sequence again.

resistanze
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Why's that? I rewrote the heretics and had no problem making everybody play nice. What changes if you destroy them in ME2?

From what I've read, to have peace b/w the Geth and Quarians you have to fulfill at least 5 of 7 "points"

ME2
2 points for destroying Heretics
0 points for rewriting
2 points for Tali NOT being exiled (loyalty)
1 point for breaking up Legion/Tali fight

ME3
1 point for saving Admiral Koris
1 point for destroying Geth Squadron

So in your case (and mine) you did everything except destroy the Heretics = 5 points = peace. Also, you need high reputation.

resistanze
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM

About halfway?

Darkwaters
03-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Just finished the game.

Terrible. The whole premise as to why the Reapers have been doing this for thousands of years...weak weak weak.

resistanze
03-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Just finished the game.

Terrible. The whole premise as to why the Reapers have been doing this for thousands of years...weak weak weak.

:lol They slipped the script in literally the last 10 minutes of the game. Made no sense.

Kurik
03-25-2012, 12:20 AM
I really enjoyed the main quest until I returned to Earth, pretty disappointing.

ElNono
03-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Finished it a few days ago...

lol transparent kid

Hope Max Payne 3 doesn't suck...

redzero
03-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Just finished the game.

The reapers were saving organics from being killed by synthetics by killing them. Makes perfect sense.

Darkwaters
03-25-2012, 08:38 AM
The reapers were saving organics from being killed by synthetics by killing them. Makes perfect sense.

I know!

"We bring order to chaos. Organics will always make synthetics to serve them. Synthetics will always rebel and war against their creators - killing them. To prevent you from dying at the hands of your synthetics, I had my synthetics kill you first.

See, we saved you. We bring order. We are your salvation."

resistanze
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
:lol transparent kid
:lol Joker suddenly flying away
:lol Jungle planet
:lol squadmates that were with you on Earth somehow on ship

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2012, 09:33 AM
:lol transparent kid
:lol Joker suddenly flying away
:lol Jungle planet
:lol squadmates that were with you on Earth somehow on ship
well you don't know how long Shep was out for.

resistanze
03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
well you don't know how long Shep was out for.

tbh, I had Garrus and Vega running to the beam with me. How did I get knocked out cold by the explosion but they somehow didn't? WHY would they retreat in any case? :lol

And how did they even know the explosion was coming? It's not like Shep announced on a speaker "I'm about to unleash a reg/green/blue wave of energy!" after Shep spoke with the transparent child.

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
tbh, I had Garrus and Vega running to the beam with me. How did I get knocked out cold by the explosion but they somehow didn't? WHY would they retreat in any case? :lol

And how did they even know the explosion was coming? It's not like Shep announced on a speaker "I'm about to unleash a reg/green/blue wave of energy!" after Shep spoke with the transparent child.

Didn't they call for a retreat after the beam hit?

resistanze
03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Didn't they call for a retreat after the beam hit?

They said retreat back in the buildings because Hammer (includes you and squadmates) got decimated. But I don't see how my squadmates I was with running to the beam with were able to retreat, let alone get picked up by the Normandy.

And tbh, what the heck is with jungle planet? It's not like Mass Relays work anymore so unless this is how Jupiter looks like then I dunno.

Typhoon
03-25-2012, 09:07 PM
all the endings are bullshit except the destroy the reapers, Shepard is fighting indoctrination... that's why when you destroy the reapers ending you see Shepard alive in the rubble on London, because he defeated the indoctrination.

ythY_GkEBck

Fernando TD21
03-26-2012, 12:57 AM
all the endings are bullshit except the destroy the reapers, Shepard is fighting indoctrination... that's why when you destroy the reapers ending you see Shepard alive in the rubble on London, because he defeated the indoctrination.

ythY_GkEBck
This makes much more sense than the first theory about indoctrination that I read. But it still doesn't explain everything and some things can be argued. One problem is that with that ending (destroying the reapers) it still doesn't mean that Sheppard won the war, since the reapers were defeated only on his mind. This leaves an incomplete ending which IMO is still a bad ending. A DLC could fix this, but separating the real ending from the game would be a stupid decision.

There is a discussion about this on gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995487-mass-effect-3/62310308?page=5

Xevious
03-26-2012, 01:13 PM
This makes much more sense than the first theory about indoctrination that I read. But it still doesn't explain everything and some things can be argued. One problem is that with that ending (destroying the reapers) it still doesn't mean that Sheppard won the war, since the reapers were defeated only on his mind. This leaves an incomplete ending which IMO is still a bad ending. A DLC could fix this, but separating the real ending from the game would be a stupid decision.
Right... so the game basically ends with Shepard either being indoctrinated or not. Either way, the war is still waging in full force with no real knowledge of what the crucible does or doesn't do. That's if this theory is correct.

I honestly just beat the game (damn I'm slow), so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Not sure what else to add at this point. I can see why so many people are upset. Either the end is incomplete as is, or it just downright sucks and makes little sense if you take everything literally.

Kai
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
double post oops

Kai
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Joker can't dance at the club cuz it'll break every bone in his body but somehow can crash land on a planet and be okay.

http://mycrap.ru/uploads/images/00/00/62/2012/03/09/03cc8aadb4.png

sehui
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
This game...is such a disappointment to the series.

Kai
03-27-2012, 01:47 AM
The ending is what killed it. Everything else was awesome, IMO.

Xevious
03-27-2012, 06:55 AM
The ending is what killed it. Everything else was awesome, IMO.
Agreed. I'm still disappointed with the limited dialogue options, and how your choices are basically tallied into a "galactic readiness" number. But the game was really fun, with plenty of amazingly epic moments. It just sucks that we need theories to even explain what the hell the ending means.

resistanze
03-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Agreed. I'm still disappointed with the limited dialogue options, and how your choices are basically tallied into a "galactic readiness" number. But the game was really fun, with plenty of amazingly epic moments. It just sucks that we need theories to even explain what the hell the ending means.

Yeah, WAY too much auto-dialogue. Combat system was of course improved, although I foudn the cover system a little too sticky for my liking.

Didn't like the fact you're forced to play multiplayer if you really want a high EMS. The journal was broken. For XBOX 360 the character import system is broken for anyone that imported a ME1 character.

However the game had its moments, and was solid for the most part. The ending was tragic though, and I can only assume they didn't have enough time to finish whatever they were going for.

ME1 > ME2 > ME3, imo.

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I love the indoctrination theory. It would truly be an amazing ending if it were the desired endstate. But I think that it's just us grasping at straws trying to make sense of a conclusion that was actually just garbage.

Xevious
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, WAY too much auto-dialogue. Combat system was of course improved, although I foudn the cover system a little too sticky for my liking.

Didn't like the fact you're forced to play multiplayer if you really want a high EMS. The journal was broken. For XBOX 360 the character import system is broken for anyone that imported a ME1 character.
The multiplayer thing was addressed by the devs on the bioware forums. Playing multiplayer just makes it easier, but there's more than enough content in single player to max out your galactic readiness. I haven't even tried multiplayer in the full version yet. And I personally haven't had a problem with the import system, and I've imported from ME1 all the way to 3 on XBOX.

I don't know how I feel right now. This is still one of my favorite game franchises. I played ME1 and 2 countless times, but I just don't think I can play this one again. Which is a shame because it was really good. The ending just kills the entire experience. I guess I'll just wait for word from Bioware. Supposedly they tweeted that there's going to be an announcement sometime in April about an upcoming DLC or expansion. Hopefully it has something to do with the end.

Darkwaters
03-27-2012, 03:00 PM
The soundtrack continues to rock.

Thats huge for me. In a game that is so much about storytelling the cinematics need to be spot on. A quality soundtrack contributes to that so much.

Really, the role playing throughout the game was well done. But so much of that came from the fact that I was invested in characters that I had started developing relationships with back in 2008 when I played ME1. The character development and interpersonal relationship development is excellent. When principle characters died it was almost a teary moment. Mordin getting blown up? That was my boy in ME2. Thane taking one through the stomache? My other comrade through the 2nd game.

The other aspect thats nice is how the role playing feels more genuine than many games. The "role playing" in games like Skyrim is piss poor...to be nice. Theres no character development in the standard Bethsoft game. And while theres a lot to be said about the wide open world of Skyrim or Fallout 3, the lack of memorable characters and interpersonal interactions paints their games as very...empty. Even despite all the visual beauty. But Bioware has been known for developing that model for as long as they've been around. Frankly, they learned from the best: Black Isle (Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, Planescape Torment). So when they made Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) they implemented a similar system that focused on interpersonal relationships. It's not a new thing for them...but for Bethesda, any form of dialogue is labored and painful. Frankly, they suck ass at it. But what allows ME to pull this off with such fluidity is the fact that the game incorporates 3 games worth of those interactions. Games like KotOR shuffle the deck each time with a new set of supporting characters...and sometimes even a new hero. Allowing those relationships to mature over several real years as well as multiple games did a lot.

To keep with the basis of true role playing, I appreciate what ME brought to the table. Games like KotOR offered similar options to develop the mindset and morals of a character. But KotOR was too focused on being "light side" or "dark side". There was no in between...mostly because Star Wars doesn't allow for it. But Mass Effect allowed for decisions that were both "right" based on varied moral perspectives and stances. Depending on the lens through which you viewed the world. Now, it gets pigeon holed into paragon and renegade...blah blah blah. But I personally would have done away with those scores and options entirely and just offered the decisions. Thats role playing...developing the morals and motivations of your character and playing them out. And allowing you to maintain the same principle character throughout 3 games and throughly explore those morals was nice.

ME has some major flaws. And the cookie cutter ending was downright weak and upsetting. But the experience of the game through that last fire fight was exemplary.

It's too bad the game closed on such a sour, piss poor note.

resistanze
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
The multiplayer thing was addressed by the devs on the bioware forums. Playing multiplayer just makes it easier, but there's more than enough content in single player to max out your galactic readiness. I haven't even tried multiplayer in the full version yet. And I personally haven't had a problem with the import system, and I've imported from ME1 all the way to 3 on XBOX.

I don't know how I feel right now. This is still one of my favorite game franchises. I played ME1 and 2 countless times, but I just don't think I can play this one again. Which is a shame because it was really good. The ending just kills the entire experience. I guess I'll just wait for word from Bioware. Supposedly they tweeted that there's going to be an announcement sometime in April about an upcoming DLC or expansion. Hopefully it has something to do with the end.
Yeah, but on the same forum there's threads of people disproving Bioware's claims. Some of the 'alternate' endings require > 4000 EMS and > 5000 EMS. Without multiplayer, this would require 8000-10000 Total Military Strength (with 0.5X multipier). By all accounts from players I've seen, this is not possible.

I've completed the game twice, only because the first time I didn't have my imported saved game. I only have the desire to pick up more achievements, but even that is getting stale. Tragic end to the trilogy, really.

Fernando TD21
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
wisHcuBzTCM

resistanze
03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
wisHcuBzTCM

:lmao

Xevious
03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but on the same forum there's threads of people disproving Bioware's claims. Some of the 'alternate' endings require > 4000 EMS and > 5000 EMS. Without multiplayer, this would require 8000-10000 Total Military Strength (with 0.5X multipier). By all accounts from players I've seen, this is not possible.
Interesting. I haven't even seen any of the other endings. Everything on youtube I've looked up are the same three possible endings I've gotten, unless they are such small changes that I didn't notice.

EDIT: Ah okay... I didn't have the 5 second scene with Shepard waking up in the rubble.

Fernando TD21
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Interesting. I haven't even seen any of the other endings. Everything on youtube I've looked up are the same three possible endings I've gotten, unless they are such small changes that I didn't notice.
If you have high enough EMS (I think if it's above 5000), you get the "secret scene" where Shepard destroys the Reapers but survives. That scene is used in some of the Indoctrination theories to explain that Shepard escapes the indoctrination by choosing to destroy the reapers.

I don't know why, but I can't get this ending. The first time I tried it, I didn't have enough EMS points. Then I read about the multiplayer being necessary to increase those points and I played some multiplayer games, but I still can't get that ending, even having more than 5000 EMS points. Not that I care too much if Shepard lives or not...

Darkwaters
03-28-2012, 12:53 AM
wisHcuBzTCM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

That sums it up pretty well.

redzero
03-28-2012, 01:16 AM
aIP73xIAPLU

I thought this summed up Mass Effect 3 pretty well.

Darkwaters
03-28-2012, 01:25 AM
It all makes sense finally!

So the dinosaurs were the first life on our planet...

http://www.bellenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Jack-Horner-the-technical-adviser-on-Jurassic-Park-and-professor-of-palaeontology-at-Montana-State-University-is-hoping-to-use-living-birds-to-hatch-a-dinosaur.jpg

As they advanced and grew in knowledge, they became intelligent creatures with established cultures, cities and communities.

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/09/20/dinosaur.jpg

But as time went on, and their technology grew, they became a warlike people and started fighting one another.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2011/01/dino20riders-300x225.jpg

http://newspaper.li/static/c6bfb4fac68932e833f917cd45ad2ff9.jpg

But soon they developed new strategies to fight one another....synthetic dinosaurs.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/07/18/legoceratops-1.jpg

http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/lot/6151/MMPR/Dragonzord.jpg

Fearing for the safety of new organic life, the Reapers came and harvested the dinos.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081119042411/masseffect/images/thumb/8/84/Sovereign_Codex_Image.jpg/240px-Sovereign_Codex_Image.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky2f9wvP6r1qai80h.jpg

How else do you explain the extinction of the Dinosaurs?

I guess there are alternate theories...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545673_410885292274263_205344452828349_1485632_170 8851888_n.jpg

redzero
04-09-2012, 07:55 AM
http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

EA voted worst company of 2012.

vander
04-09-2012, 11:19 AM
http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html

EA voted worst company of 2012.

lol that's fantastic

DarkReign
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
lol that's fantastic

No, thats actually kind of pathetic.

vander
04-10-2012, 04:11 PM
No, thats actually kind of pathetic.

well yeah, but I'm happy to see the public (of a sort) crying out against EA, I've hated them for a long time and until now I thought I was in an irrelevantly small minority, but perhaps not.

Fernando TD21
04-13-2012, 09:20 PM
BioWare discusses Mass Effect 3 endings, DLC, and Tali's face
m8BSg9KIe0k

resistanze
04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
^^ I need to watch this when I have time.

Did they provide any answers to their ass-backwards ending (and beginning for that matter)?

IWantsACuatro
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
"Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

lol

Trainwreck2100
04-17-2012, 02:51 PM

Did they provide any answers to their ass-backwards ending (and beginning for that matter)?

nope

resistanze
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
nope

Thanks, saved me an hour

Xevious
04-18-2012, 12:54 AM

Beginning, not a word was mentioned.

Quite a bit was discussed about the ending, though they never explained it. They're well aware that people dislike the end. The extended cut, releasing this summer, is supposed to provide some clarification. While they aren't changing, or adding new endings, they are just expanding what's already there. They said it's supposed to be pretty substantial, providing a lot more personalization based on your in-game choices. They refused to comment on whether it was going to add more playable content, and they also refused to comment one way or the other regarding the indoctrination theory.

So take what you will from that. At least the extended cut will be free.

resistanze
04-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Beginning, not a word was mentioned.

Quite a bit was discussed about the ending, though they never explained it. They're well aware that people dislike the end. The extended cut, releasing this summer, is supposed to provide some clarification. While they aren't changing, or adding new endings, they are just expanding what's already there. They said it's supposed to be pretty substantial, providing a lot more personalization based on your in-game choices. They refused to comment on whether it was going to add more playable content, and they also refused to comment one way or the other regarding the indoctrination theory.

So take what you will from that. At least the extended cut will be free.

Thanks. Personally I think they're drawing up their plans right now. In my opinion it's clear the game (overall and the ending) were rushed. It's the last game of the trilogy and it had the shortest development cycle (even after delaying once). There are so many fundamental problems with that ending that the best they will probably do is pretty it up a bit.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Man, fuck.

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2012, 03:43 AM
told ya

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Just beat it and watched two of the endings. The game play was good aside from trying to get cover to work properly at times. I don't want to hate the endings but I really do think they are pretty weak. I hate that they tried to go all meta (I keep thinking back to Lost and while I LOVED that ending I think I understand now why people were upset about it) and wish they had just kept it fucking straight forward.

The whole we were trying to save you bullshit was sooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking bad. The fact that the ending hardly changes is SO god damn bad. I dunno, just can't help BUT be dissapointed about it. As has been pointed out, that is really going to piss all over replay value this game had.

BTW, I ended up killing Legion and all the Geth even though I didn't want that to happen but that didn't bother me too much because they actually got me to feel sad about that happening and I thought that was pretty cool. It was an actual hard decision to make and I liked that there were actual consequences to it.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 03:46 AM
told ya

Yeah you did. Oh well.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Also, FUCK EA for making MP have an effect on what should have always been a SP game. So god damn annoying.

resistanze
05-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Also, FUCK EA for making MP have an effect on what should have always been a SP game. So god damn annoying.

What, you don't enjoy being forced to play a shitty horde mode rip off in order to complete SP properly?

I knew the fucking boy was trouble from the beginning, when they tried to force you to care about him (sorry, I couldn't). Then they forced you to dream about the little prick.

And yeah, the cover system is fucked up. More complex than the other ME games, but not as polished as you'd see from say, Gears of War. You just end up latching on to random objects; it's 10X worse in MP.

resistanze
05-14-2012, 06:24 AM
The game overall was so uneven. Had moments of brillance (Tuchunka arc is one of the best in the trilogy; Rannoch), mixed in with mediocre parts (Intro, last mission on London, Thessia).

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
The worst parts of the god damn game were the "running" in the trees after the ghost boy. That shit was just dumb.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2012, 09:16 AM
I think I buy that indoctrination angle. If BW is smart, they latch onto that shit with the DLC. :lol

Oh yeah thats what we meant.

Also, the way some of the individual relationships finish up depends on 1 and 2 pretty heavily. The way ME3 definitely relies on that hugely.

It just sucks that the actual ending was so fucking limited. :lol Colorblind.

resistanze
05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I've heard rumors they played around with the Indoctrination angle early in development but it never made it inthe final product. but yeah, that obviously wasn't what they were going for in these currect endings.

ME1/2: You are beneath us. We're going to wipe all organics, muahaha!
ME3: Oh hey! They were my servants. We're actually trying to save you.

Fail.

resistanze
05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I also wanted to punch my TV b/c of how retarded your character becomes in that last scene and your inability to control the dialogue.

"maybe"
"I...don't know"
"duh..OK"

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Put in some hours but I just bought ME3 and haven't touched Skyrim since.

just bought ME3? My condolences

I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

just remember when you're done and know that someone else felt your pain

for those that missed our convo in the other thread

Trainwreck2100
06-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Dlc comes out Tuesday

resistanze
06-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Dlc comes out Tuesday

Get your LOLs ready.

resistanze
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Played one of the endings (destroy) and....meh. You can only polish a turd so much. The underlying concepts for the endings are still largely out of the blue and contradict previous games, but at least they provided more exposition on WTF they were going for.

The dialogue with the Catalyst has probably tripled in the EC (with dialogue wheel), even though they said they were only going to add epilogue/closure scenes. So they pretty much admitted they rushed it the first time.

Overall, meh. Some people might be satisfied if you set your bar low, but I never expected much unless they re-did the entire ending, tbh.

vander
06-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I played ME1 again, still fantastic, FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. remember the high hopes you had for the trilogy after ME1? :depressed

resistanze
06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
I played ME1 again, still fantastic, FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC. remember the high hopes you had for the trilogy after ME1? :depressed

Don't remind me :cry. Unfortunately, they went with the "what's next?" approach of writing after ME1.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM

Watching one right now. So bad.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2012, 02:13 AM
:lmao

Holy shit these are terrible. Might as well have never tried at all. It would have been better that way. WOW I didn't think they could make it worse and they did.

resistanze
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM
u7YcsRPJr9o
:cry Think I'm gonna play this again.

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
im pissed there were no achievement for the EC

resistanze
08-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Yup, I cleared ME1 again a couple of days ago. One of my top 5 games of all-time, tbh. I'll try to ignore everything after it.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
mass effect 2 wasn't THAT bad that you have to ignore it. Also i believe ME1 was made before bioware got bought by EA, and then went to shit.

vander
08-01-2012, 03:33 PM
mass effect 2 wasn't THAT bad that you have to ignore it. Also i believe ME1 was made before bioware got bought by EA, and then went to shit.

it wasn't that bad to play, the final fight and how everything effected the outcome was fantastic,

but from a story perspective it was shit, and only detracted from what ME1 would have been as a standalone. nothing but recruiting missions and geth 2.0 (collectors) all being moved along by the sudden introduction of Cerberus and it's unlimited resources. and in the end, what happens in ME2 relevant to ME1? pretty much nothing, they introduced a new enemy and you defeated the new enemy.

i still think that if they had made ME1 with recruiting missions and a decisions/outcome based ending like ME2, as well as more detailed and varying "bases" and "mines". would have been the greatest of all time.

As it is, I'm like resistanze, Mass Effect is in my top five, and I'll just ignore the existence of 2 and 3, and I'll probably never play 3.

resistanze
08-01-2012, 05:11 PM
it wasn't that bad to play, the final fight and how everything effected the outcome was fantastic,

but from a story perspective it was shit, and only detracted from what ME1 would have been as a standalone. nothing but recruiting missions and geth 2.0 (collectors) all being moved along by the sudden introduction of Cerberus and it's unlimited resources. and in the end, what happens in ME2 relevant to ME1? pretty much nothing, they introduced a new enemy and you defeated the new enemy.

i still think that if they had made ME1 with recruiting missions and a decisions/outcome based ending like ME2, as well as more detailed and varying "bases" and "mines". would have been the greatest of all time.

As it is, I'm like resistanze, Mass Effect is in my top five, and I'll just ignore the existence of 2 and 3, and I'll probably never play 3.

This.

Mass Effect 2 was a good self-contained game to play, but had nothing to do with part 1. It threw everything in ME1 out the window, and you spend the entire game chasing Bug People and solving daddy issues. They even kill the main character and are able to resurrect him like Jesus, just because Cerberus has money?

I expected ME2 to be about discovering the Reaper threat, gathering resources/allies, maybe finding information from past cycles regarding any weaknesses (or even if they were lazy, the superweapon should;ve been introduced here). Instead as you said, you chase down bug people and dispose of them all in the same game, with the Reapers still coming.

Not to mention the Council has amnesia, again. At the end of ME1 the Reapers were real, then in ME2 they were fake, even after a Reaper exploded all over the Citadel. And what happened to the Human-led Council they talked about at the end of ME1?

I honestly got into ME because of the story and characters, I'm not a heavy RPG gamer. But after ME2 I knew that magic was gone, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm doing the insanity play through and it reminded me how shitty the new characters were in this game

DirkDoesWork
08-01-2012, 08:54 PM
This.

Mass Effect 2 was a good self-contained game to play, but had nothing to do with part 1. It threw everything in ME1 out the window, and you spend the entire game chasing Bug People and solving daddy issues. They even kill the main character and are able to resurrect him like Jesus, just because Cerberus has money?

I expected ME2 to be about discovering the Reaper threat, gathering resources/allies, maybe finding information from past cycles regarding any weaknesses (or even if they were lazy, the superweapon should;ve been introduced here). Instead as you said, you chase down bug people and dispose of them all in the same game, with the Reapers still coming.

Not to mention the Council has amnesia, again. At the end of ME1 the Reapers were real, then in ME2 they were fake, even after a Reaper exploded all over the Citadel. And what happened to the Human-led Council they talked about at the end of ME1?

I honestly got into ME because of the story and characters, I'm not a heavy RPG gamer. But after ME2 I knew that magic was gone, tbh.

I don't want to be "that guy," but the Lazarus Project was named after...Lazarus. I know I'm ready for the Leviathan of Dis DLC, which has basically been confirmed by Mike Gamble himself and the VA for the Leviathan.

Shepard is basically space Jesus though, so I take your point.