PDA

View Full Version : How Your Cat is Making You Crazy

cantthinkofanything
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Semi-long read but pretty interesting.

Guy has theorized that parasites in cats are being transmitted to their owners and affecting their brain.

Article also talks about some other interesting parasites and their survival techniques.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/?single_page=true

leemajors
02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I think around 70% of brazilian people are affected by this, and nearly 80% of french people. It starts in rats, and makes them unafraid of cats. cats eat them and get it. I think this has been pretty well proven, and it's another reason to not be around a little box if you are pregnant. It's all not very shocking, since your body is basically a bacteria propagation machine.

Leetonidas
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Who cares, my cat is awesome

JoeChalupa
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Cat Scratch Fever!! We got a cat last year and I hated it at first but now he's okay but I've always just had dogs. My wife adopted it and the kids liked it so I was over ruled.

lebomb
02-10-2012, 02:06 PM
fuck cats!!!!!

DisAsTerBot
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Who cares, my cat is awesome

lol guy with a cat. I hope you dont live by yourself

cantthinkofanything
02-10-2012, 03:18 PM

I've got a wife and two kids. Three dogs and two cats. Anytime, I have to buy cat foot, I also buy a bag of dog food wheter they need it or not. Just so I don't have to stand there in line holding a bag of Kit N' Kaboodle.

After we got the second cat, my wife told me to go get it a little sleeping house like we have for the 1st cats. Both cats stay in the garage or outside. Anyway, I went to PetSmart and the only one they had was this pink puffy one with hearts on it. I think it even said Princess Pet or something. So I had to stand in line with that. AND, during the same trip, I had to go to Half Price Books which is next door to Pet Smart and purchase the a fucking vampire book that was next in a series my wife started reading. So after being subjected to the humiliation at Pet Smart, I had to stand in line at the bookstore and pay for this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GFgkjNzPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0451235118/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link)

Leetonidas
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM

No...my girlfriend got him for me for Christmas 3 years ago because my black cat I had since I was 5 was getting old and he ended up dying last year at 16 so she got me a new black cat and he's a big fluffy fat ass but he's awesome. I like cats, sue me :lol

DisAsTerBot
02-10-2012, 03:55 PM
No...my girlfriend got him for me for Christmas 3 years ago because my black cat I had since I was 5 was getting old and he ended up dying last year at 16 so she got me a new black cat and he's a big fluffy fat ass but he's awesome. I like cats, sue me :lol

:toast

Viva Las Espuelas
02-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Nothing wrong with cats. Just get a male though. Females are bitches and are probably the main reason people hate cats.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I know mine sure is driving me nuts. Everyday I get home it's the same thing: he gets underfoot, bugs me for food, tells me the mailman is a demon like our old neighbors were and I have to cut his head off and eat his heart before he takes my soul while I sleep just like they would have. Don't get me wrong; I love the little furball but he's so pushy sometimes!

bus driver
02-10-2012, 05:20 PM
who cares, my cat is awesome

+1

cantthinkofanything
02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Females are bitches and are probably the main reason people hate cats.

and many females

rascal
02-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Nothing wrong with cats. Just get a male though. Females are bitches and are probably the main reason people hate cats.

Agree. Females generally only like one person and are not friendly. Males have better personalities.

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Agree. Females generally only like one person and are not friendly. Males have better personalities.

I have to agree with this.

I have 2 males now and each one has a unique personality. :lol It's a constant battle to see which one is the Alpha for the day.

My female (who has since passed away) was clingy to me, and had attitude towards my husband. :lol

mrsmaalox
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM
I've only ever had female cats, not by choice just by chance (I've never selected a cat, they've only ever shown up at my house and moved in). But they are fine, not bitchy at all and have never had attitude with anyone who comes to my house. In fact people who swear they hate cats have said they might like cats if they were all as friendly as these are.