PDA

View Full Version : still some signable big available?

venitian navigator
02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
After Thomas being cut, we're 2 big short...
actually, the combination of Blair-Duncan and Bonner Splitter is working, but I still think that we need at least another big player...and probably the F.O. is in the same line.
Point is, we're just waiting for the trade deadline or for some team cutting someone intersting or we're looking a bit at who's already available via free agency?
Elson, who could have been a decent option, considering ha has already played for us, has been signed...
Other names currently availble are Fesenko (but a lot of teams took a look at him and decided not to sign him...), Prizbilla (probably still injured, and however he's looking at Miami or Chicago), Solomom Jones (cut by the Clippers thanks to the Martin signing), Wallace (probably unuseful/totally out of shape), Ethan Thomas (but his name has never been mentioned this season...maybe injured?).

Any ideas ?

Proxy
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Dice?

venitian navigator
02-10-2012, 05:56 PM
...I thought about it...probably still the best option availbe, if he cames out of retirement and maneged to be in shape....

jermaine
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Which would explain why we haven't aggressively went after anyone! Hummmmm.

callo1
02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Fesenko would be my pick, if he could be had cheap. 7"1 280, raw, but young. That Pekovich from the T-wolves was a banger, so is Bynum. I don't want to see TD worn down.

BRs.Ganso
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
yeah

Rafael Araujo re-signed with Franca Basketball

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't see anyone who would actually break the rotation at this point, but almost any of the free agents could be insurance or project signings closer to the end of the season. I guess some of it depends on the budget they are working under.

timvp
02-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Since the Spurs obviously aren't valuing height as a requirement for the fifth big based on their selections of Ike Diogu and Malcolm Thomas, perhaps they'll look at Jeff Adrien. He's exactly the same height as Blair but about 40 pounds lighter. He's shown some ability to play post defense and rebound.

He had a good game for the Rockets right before the non-guarantee deadline but Houston decided to let him go anyways. His upside is probably close to Chuck Hayes.

I wouldn't be thrilled with another midget but I could see the Spurs showing some interest.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I keep waiting for Adrien to break through at some point. Someone keeps mentioning Marcus Lewis in that vein of shorter PFs; I would like to see if he would respond to an NBA conditioning program, but again that does nothing for this season.

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Spurs need immediate help up front and it can very likely only be accomplished via trade.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Spurs need immediate help up front and it can very likely only be accomplished via trade.Likely also won't happen.

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Agreed.

angelbelow
02-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Fesenko had a nice rookie season, but has turned into a lazy, out of shape player.

Prizbilla is probably going to sign with the Bulls/Heat

Don't know anything about Solomon Jones.

Wallace/Thomas would probably just be insurance and play the Tony Massenberg role.

jason1301
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Dice?

Dice would be nice.

underdawg
02-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Fesenko had a nice rookie season, but has turned into a lazy, out of shape player.

Prizbilla is probably going to sign with the Bulls/Heat

Don't know anything about Solomon Jones.

Wallace/Thomas would probably just be insurance and play the Tony Massenberg role.

Solomon Jones is 27, has a 7'2" wingspan and played with TJ in Indiana -add to that he's in shape and I think worth a look

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm kind of suspicious of guys like Przybilla who haven't signed yet. What's the holdup?

venitian navigator
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
...other possible names, after a short look at hoopshype are, other the aformentioned like Adrien, :
1) Gadzuric;
2) Barron;
3) Ndyaye
4) Powe;
5) Songaila;
6) joe Smith;
7) K. Benson;
8) Caracter;
9) Mikki Moore;
10 )Oberto (but I think he already signed overseas);
11) Jerron Collins.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 11:29 PM
A lot of guys like that in the past, including some of the ones we had been notorious for picking up during the heart of our dynasty, have done that -- they're older and only want to play half a season.Given his injury history, I don't really blame him. I also don't know if I want him for that reason.

At least you know a guy like Mikki Moore is in shape.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm kind of suspicious of guys like Przybilla who haven't signed yet. What's the holdup?

He's probably still in the shower, afraid to step out.

Paranoid Pop
02-11-2012, 12:00 AM
I want Diaw so bad but I'm pretty sure we can't trade for him because of how much he makes. He played like a man possessed for a few games, you won't convince me it all went away like that. Someone who knows more than me about trades could tell if there's any chance to make it work?

Found that on the subject :
http://www.bobcatsbaseline.com/2012/trading-boris-diaw/

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I want Diaw so bad but I'm pretty sure we can't trade for him because of how much he makes. He played like a man possessed for a few games, you won't convince me it all went away like that. Someone who knows more than me about trades could tell if there's any chance to make it work?

Found that on the subject :
http://www.bobcatsbaseline.com/2012/trading-boris-diaw/

That's kind of the story of his career.

Paranoid Pop
02-11-2012, 12:11 AM
That's kind of the story of his career.

Guy's the ultimate weapon against New York, only way to counter Lin in the finals tbh.

letmk
02-11-2012, 02:36 AM
I think we should try Wallace. He is always mad at refs, but has a quite good reputation of being a good teammate.

venitian navigator
02-11-2012, 05:44 AM
...considering the positive feedbacks about his behavior (that's weird, considering the team he played before being cut) and his skills (athletic big a la Mahinmi) if I could give a chance to someone, it would be Ndyaye...

The_Worlds_finest
02-11-2012, 05:58 AM
:wakeup :deadhorse :splitter

SpurNation
02-11-2012, 09:01 AM
If the Spurs would consider another D-league player...Stats from D-league:
Individual leaders by category

Double/Double leaders
http://www.nba.com/dleague/statistics/player/DoubleD.jsp?league=20&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

Block Leaders
http://www.nba.com/dleague/statistics/player/Blocks.jsp?league=20&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

Rebound Leaders
http://www.nba.com/dleague/statistics/player/Rebounds.jsp?league=20&season=22011&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams