PDA

View Full Version : LOL Spurs need a dunking coach

SpurNation
02-11-2012, 10:44 PM
First of all...this is not a complaint because I love this guy. Actually it's kind of funny now. The Spurs have Chip to teach how to shoot. Now they need someone to teach how to dunk.

Wonder what the running tally is on Kawhi's missed dunks this year.

P.S. ...not making fun of it...just odd to see that many missed by one player in one season.

Reck
02-11-2012, 10:48 PM
There is more inportant things to teach honestly.

Dunking a basketball is something you do on instinct on the court. You cant teach that.

Chachachango
02-11-2012, 10:54 PM
they need to teach blair how to shoot cause he's horrible.

TMTŪ
02-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Thought this was a reaction to JA getting pinned by ex-Mr. Kardashian.

DesignatedT
02-11-2012, 11:03 PM
good thread.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 11:05 PM
First of all...this is not a complaint because I love this guy. Actually it's kind of funny now. The Spurs have Chip to teach how to shoot. Now they need someone to teach how to dunk.

Wonder what the running tally is on Kawhi's missed dunks this year.

P.S. ...not making fun of it...just odd to see that many missed by one player in one season.

He was fouled. It's not like he missed a solo breakaway on a runout. It was contested.

SpurNation
02-11-2012, 11:19 PM
He was fouled. It's not like he missed a solo breakaway on a runout. It was contested.

Perhaps the "LOL" was taken as making fun of instead of the light hearted intent.

But since you brought it up...though he was fouled...it wasn't what made him miss the dunk.

I just think that these moments should be (laughingly) remembered for when Kawhi becomes a throw down beast in the future.

And no...dunking is not just a "natural" occurrence of you've got it or not...it's an integral part of an offensive repertoire for one so explosive to the rim. Without being able to finish at the rim...explosiveness to the rim is a mute point.

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 11:38 PM
KL should be jumpin higher then just jumpin 3inches of the ground for some weak ass dunk when his lookin at finishing the fastbreak with the defender chasin him down from behind

SpurNation
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
KL should be jumpin higher then just jumpin 3inches of the ground for some weak ass dunk when his lookin at finishing the fastbreak with the defender chasin him down from behind

His problem isn't jumping just 3 inches off the ground...which he doesn't. The problem is in coordinating/timing his explosiveness to the rim. What Kawhi does now is slow down and think too much. Seen it several times this year. He'll get better. He's just to good not to. I've seen plenty of kids with explosive nature but raw in finishing.

They can be taught.

BackHome
02-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I want to see more of his mid range game....I want to see him beat people of the dribble and then slam it down. I guess that is what we keeping waiting for RJ to do but he never does for some unknown reason........

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-12-2012, 01:22 AM
does pop even allow the team to do highlight dunks? everytime their on a fastbreak they either lay it in softly or throw down a weak fingertip dunk.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
does pop even allow the team to do highlight dunks? everytime their on a fastbreak they either lay it in softly or throw down a weak fingertip dunk.

If the Spurs did half a dozen spinning, between the legs, throw it off the backboard dunks every game, exactly zero of them would wind up on ESPN.

ginobilized
02-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Kawhi will learn. He just needs to watch some Dr. J footage and throw it down with authority.

Seventyniner
02-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Kawhi will learn. He just needs to watch some Dr. J footage and throw it down with authority.

That's all I needed too!