PDA

View Full Version : ElNono's Spurs @ Nets photo album

ElNono
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
We had a great time again... seats not as nice as Philly, but still pretty good...

Didn't get to talk much with Manu this time. Place was full of Spurs fans.

Here's a small video during a timeout:

Bvdw6VAWFVQ

And here's the photo album. Wife took a lot of photos this time...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elnono_/sets/72157629280270693/

Enjoy :toast

SpurNation
02-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Great pics. Thanks again.

Man that is one wicked looking knee brace. Is that the one Duncan wears? I'm surprised anyone can move much less run with that on their leg.

benefactor
02-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Nice. Thanks again bro.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Great pics. Thanks again.

Man that is one wicked looking knee brace. Is that the one Duncan wears? I'm surprised anyone can move much less run with that on their leg.

Yep, that's TD...

ElNono
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
One of my favorites...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6860544505_a027cb2f11_d.jpg

:lol

mercos
02-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

spurs10
02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Great photos, good eye!

LakerHater
02-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Sean Marks??

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6860483043_78771a4d0a.jpg

ElNono
02-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Sean Marks??

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6860483043_78771a4d0a.jpg

yup

Kindergarten Cop
02-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. :toast

timvp
02-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Damn, there really were a lot of Spurs fans in the crowd.

Nice pics :tu

Chase_the_Bass
02-12-2012, 01:38 AM
This was my favorite. James watching Kawhi take a power nap.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6860535849_e7291af381_z.jpg

LakerHater
02-12-2012, 01:45 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7037/6860540751_792c94fc2a.jpg

ElNono
02-12-2012, 01:47 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7037/6860540751_792c94fc2a.jpg

Manu: When will Tiago get some of Matt's minutes
Pop: What did you just say?

LakerHater
02-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Manu: When will Tiago get some of Matt's minutes
Pop: What did you just say?
:rollin

...& look at that bold spot, it like it growing!

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 01:53 AM
ElNono Where were your seats? I was in Section 3F row A. Was a good game. loved Mr Kardashian's Alley Oop then fell flat on his back! This was my first Spurs games since 08 in San Antonio. Wish they still played in the Izod Center at least they didn't care if you got autographs there. They were pricks at the Prudential center.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:00 AM
ElNono Where were your seats? I was in Section 3F row A. Was a good game. loved Mr Kardashian's Alley Oop then fell flat on his back! This was my first Spurs games since 08 in San Antonio. Wish they still played in the Izod Center at least they didn't care if you got autographs there. They were pricks at the Prudential center.

Same section, row CC, third row courtside. I was with the wife basically on the aisle that is behind the rim. Gray shirt with Spurs logo and black long sleeves.

BanditHiro
02-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Great pics...did you really have to take so many bald spot pictures though

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Great pics...did you really have to take so many bald spot pictures though

:lol From where we were sitting, you could mostly get them from the back.

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Same section, row CC, third row courtside. I was with the wife basically on the aisle that is behind the rim. Gray shirt with Spurs logo and black long sleeves.

Nice I was right behind you. I think my wife actually commented how she liked your shirt to me. lol everytime when the Spurs shot a free throw on our side, some Nets fan with a Mr Whammy jersey on went behind your row trying to jinx them. Love how so many Spurs fans come out. Where are you from. Connecticut here

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 02:13 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=869707901687&set=a.709471746227.2191948.45600528&type=1&theater

my wife got a pic of your back!

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Nice I was right behind you. I think my wife actually commented how she liked your shirt to me. lol everytime when the Spurs shot a free throw on our side, some Nets fan with a Mr Whammy jersey on went behind your row trying to jinx them. Love how so many Spurs fans come out. Where are you from. Connecticut here

Dude that old motherfucker was screaming right on my ear. The security guy next to me told him to tone it down, and the old man didn't give a shit.

I'm in central jersey.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:18 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=869707901687&set=a.709471746227.2191948.45600528&type=1&theater

my wife got a pic of your back!

Link no workie

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Dude that old motherfucker was screaming right on my ear. The security guy next to me told him to tone it down, and the old man didn't give a shit.

I'm in central jersey.

every person that worked there all came up and kept shaking his hand, he was getting on my nerves. My wife kept telling me to calm down because he has nothing else to live for. I was in a white Spurs hate and Black Duncan jersey. you could actually see me in that crazy high five lady video at the bottom

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Completely agree with the Prudential Center guys being complete pricks. Last year we had courtside on the same section and after throwing a tantrum they let us in an hour and a half earlier. We actually got to talk to Manu for like 10-15 mins.

I'm glad we got to chat up with him in Philly this time around. This year the Prudential guys didn't give a fuck.

Luckily, Manu saw us during the game and at the end of the game we walked over to the side. The security guy told me to get back and I told him I knew a player and wanted to say goodbye. The guy looks at me like... pffffffttttt... he can't even stop looking stupid, turns around, and here comes Manu to shake hands and say goodbye. :lol

Not gonna miss not going there anymore. I've been to quite a few arenas, and that's bar none the worst there is when it comes to security guys on a power trip.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 02:36 AM
every person that worked there all came up and kept shaking his hand, he was getting on my nerves. My wife kept telling me to calm down because he has nothing else to live for. I was in a white Spurs hate and Black Duncan jersey. you could actually see me in that crazy high five lady video at the bottom

I don't quite remember you, but the place was packed all around with Spurs fans. It was great.

I do distinctly remember one fan that I think it's in one of my pictures where Manu is signing autographs which I recall seeing in the game in Philly.

Ditty
02-12-2012, 02:41 AM
You should of started a "Go Spurs Go" chant during the end of the game, did that last year in Houston, and the players loves it, especially with all the Spurs fans there tonight. Great pictures :).

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't quite remember you, but the place was packed all around with Spurs fans. It was great.

I do distinctly remember one fan that I think it's in one of my pictures where Manu is signing autographs which I recall seeing in the game in Philly.

Hopefully this works:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76449877@N02/6861093549/

Ya it is always fun When opposing fans have just about as many fans as the home team.

I hated the security. Izod Center they were more laid back and once all the players went in they told you to go to your seat. there was like 30 mins left in warm up and they were trying to get people to sit down. I was asked to see my tickets like 10 times by the same person.

I love getting autographs. Hate the people getting them to sell especially when they keep asking you who each player is. The only Spur I want to get in person is Duncan. I have Parker and a few Manu. Manu is a cool guy(wife loves him). How do you know Manu? That is cool as hell.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Hopefully this works:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76449877@N02/6861093549/

That's me! :lol

Ya it is always fun When opposing fans have just about as many fans as the home team.

I hated the security. Izod Center they were more laid back and once all the players went in they told you to go to your seat. there was like 30 mins left in warm up and they were trying to get people to sit down. I was asked to see my tickets like 10 times by the same person.

I love getting autographs. Hate the people getting them to sell especially when they keep asking you who each player is. The only Spur I want to get in person is Duncan. I have Parker and a few Manu. Manu is a cool guy(wife loves him). How do you know Manu? That is cool as hell.

I've collected a lot of autographs through the years. Tony, Manu, Bonner, George Hill, Gary Neal, Bill Walton, Magic Johnson, etc.
I still don't have one from Tim or Pop. I missed getting one from Pop in Philly by like 2 mins. He was signing when we got there, and by the time we took out the pen, he walked away. Today I noticed Manu didn't want to sign one that was going to be encased from a kid with a New York hat. I think he figured they wanted to sell it.

I really like pictures. I have a bunch with Manu, obviously, and also with Sean Elliott and Magic.

We know Manu since 2003, when he just joined the Spurs and he wasn't all that famous. He used to get into a chat almost every other night, and he would chat up with a small group of fans (at the time). We used to hang out there. Then we helped out a bit with his site (we still do some translations for him). Then we went to a game and when he was signing autographs, I told him who we were, and he not only remembered, he just parked his ass and we chatted up while he was signing for people around.

Every year we go to the games, expecting that he won't remember us at all anymore. But every time he sees us, he remembers, he comes over if he has time and we just catch up. Obviously, we're not friends, but to this day I'm shocked he fucking sees us, remember us, and even remembers stuff like when we got married (!!!!!). :lol

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 03:17 AM

I've collected a lot of autographs through the years. Tony, Manu, Bonner, George Hill, Gary Neal, Bill Walton, Magic Johnson, etc.
I still don't have one from Tim or Pop. I missed getting one from Pop in Philly by like 2 mins. He was signing when we got there, and by the time we took out the pen, he walked away. Today I noticed Manu didn't want to sign one that was going to be encased from a kid with a New York hat. I think he figured they wanted to sell it.

I really like pictures. I have a bunch with Manu, obviously, and also with Sean Elliott and Magic.

We know Manu since 2003, when he just joined the Spurs and he wasn't all that famous. He used to get into a chat almost every other night, and he would chat up with a small group of fans (at the time). We used to hang out there. Then we helped out a bit with his site (we still do some translations for him). Then we went to a game and when he was signing autographs, I told him who we were, and he not only remembered, he just parked his ass and we chatted up while he was signing for people around.

Every year we go to the games, expecting that he won't remember us at all anymore. But every time he sees us, he remembers, he comes over if he has time and we just catch up. Obviously, we're not friends, but to this day I'm shocked he fucking sees us, remember us, and even remembers stuff like when we got married (!!!!!). :lol

Bowen was one of my favorite to get. He talked to use for a few before he went in and joked around. Manu signed for my wife and she was like I love you Manu and he looked at her and was like thank you with a big grin. Duncan is my fav and I always hoped he'd be there signing but he's always gone. I think I'm just gonna have to buy Hall Of Fame tickets when he is inducted and hopefully get to meet him. I do have his autograph on a Slam Duncan Cereal box from the manufacturer but it isn't the same as getting it in person.

I hate people just trying to make money off the players. It ruins it for actual fans. I hope he didn't sign what that fan was gonna sell. This one guy kept asking me who's that when he saw a Spur player signing. LOL I even heard one guy scream to Sean Marks when he was signing "Hey Tiago can you sign this"

That's cool Manu remembers you. He seems like a down to earth guy.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Bowen was one of my favorite to get. He talked to use for a few before he went in and joked around. Manu signed for my wife and she was like I love you Manu and he looked at her and was like thank you with a big grin. Duncan is my fav and I always hoped he'd be there signing but he's always gone. I think I'm just gonna have to buy Hall Of Fame tickets when he is inducted and hopefully get to meet him. I do have his autograph on a Slam Duncan Cereal box from the manufacturer but it isn't the same as getting it in person.

Word is Timmy does his warmup routine very, very early. And with these arenas not letting you walk until an hour or so before tipoff, we're screwed. I actually been to the AT&T Center and Denver's Pepsi Center too, but never had good enough tickets to talk my way that early.

I hate people just trying to make money off the players. It ruins it for actual fans. I hope he didn't sign what that fan was gonna sell. This one guy kept asking me who's that when he saw a Spur player signing. LOL I even heard one guy scream to Sean Marks when he was signing "Hey Tiago can you sign this"

Agree.

That's cool Manu remembers you. He seems like a down to earth guy.

He is. It also helps I was born in Argentina too and so we speak in spanish. He just really is a humble, down to earth guy. That's what we get from our conversations.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:42 AM
BTW, where are you?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hg93xc.png

My wife is the one taking a picture, and I'm looking down (probably posting here :lol). I have that asshole right behind me screaming like a motherfucker.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2012, 03:59 AM
I got to meet Manu prior to the Spurs game against the Raptors a couple years ago. He signed my 2007 Spurs Championship DVD and was really polite/down to earth.

I was so stunned I actualy got him to sign something of mine I totally forgot to try and get a picture with him. :lol

Oh well, maybe this Wednesday at the game!

And nice pics ElNono!

Spurs Brazil
02-12-2012, 07:25 AM
thanks for the pics Nono

TJastal
02-12-2012, 07:30 AM

We are truly blessed to be spurs fans. From the classiness of the players all the way down to how they treat their fans. It's almost unreal that a superstar athlete can be so down to earth and cool at the same time (and not in a nutty Ron Artest kind of way either). Imagine all the pricks he has to deal with on a daily basis, trying to get him to sign there stupid shit like that stupid scum NY hat kid who was probably looking to make a buck off him.

Manu-of-steel
02-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the pics, el nono. We spurs fans are really lucky for having superstars who are still humble inspite of their achievements. Spurs players=cool!

Harry Callahan
02-12-2012, 09:04 AM
El Nono - Great pics. I saw the game at a Buffalo Wild Wings last night and I'm loving the outstanding team ball this year. I also loved all the Spurs fans in New Jersey's arena.

The Spurs have a really good squad again this year - I'm a little surprised how productive the Spurs are - especially missing Manu for 1/3 of the season. SAS looks like they will be in the playoffs again and may very well have a 1-4 seed, which would be a fantastic accomplishment.

It's great that Manu appears to be a genuinely nice person. I think too many NBA players (especially the unpolished, high school/one-and-dones to the NBA guys born in the U.S.) have this sense of entitlement. It's kind of silly to think the minimum salary in the league is more than what George Gervin made in some of his prime seasons. Its cool that El Nono knows MG a little bit.

I really want to get down to SA this year to a game - I live in Mavie land.

Manu is obviously one of the greats to ever play in SA and I want to see Tony, Tim, and Manu on the floor together in person again before one of them retires. We likely only will have another year or two to enjoy them in the silver and black together.

The Nets TV broadcast mentioned the Spurs regular season winning percentage since Duncan arrived (still 70%!). That is such a crazy, over the top type of success.

Obstructed_View
02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Before Manu retires he's gonna look like Captain Stubing.

jalberto
02-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Buen laburo El Nono y Sylvia!

Here our co-production for @Infomanu:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=272586779478614&set=a.260430504027575.59793.124920027578624&type=1&theater.

Mel_13
02-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Nicely done, Nono.

They should do a piece about your experiences on Spurs.com

ElNono
02-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Buen laburo El Nono y Sylvia!

Here our co-production for @Infomanu:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=272586779478614&set=a.260430504027575.59793.124920027578624&type=1&theater.

Muy bueno, jal!

Solid D
02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Awesome close-ups, ElNono! I'm sure you and your wife had a great time.

I didn't notice watching on TV but Timmy seems to be the only Spur wearing red, white and blue shoes...to match his Chaps uni. I wonder if those are for this occasion or some Timmy had from a previous All-Star game. Probably new models just for the occasion, is my guess.

Stringer_Bell
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Excellent work, Nono! Can't wait to see Manu back in the actual silver/black, but I'll take any colored uniform haha :P

ElNono
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks everybody :toast

We indeed had a great time.

FkLA
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I bet if it was Tony Parker you had chatted with and helped with his website he wouldnt have remembered you.

silverblackfan
02-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Great shots and really brings a different angle to watching a game. Thanks for sharing!
Watching them in slideshow and you get a good feeling about the teams attitude. Serious, but having fun with it.

spurspokesman
02-12-2012, 06:13 PM
We had a great time again... seats not as nice as Philly, but still pretty good...

Didn't get to talk much with Manu this time. Place was full of Spurs fans.

Here's a small video during a timeout:

Bvdw6VAWFVQ

And here's the photo album. Wife took a lot of photos this time...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elnono_/sets/72157629280270693/

Its always lots of spurs fans there el. Cant blame the fans for going to see the visiting team lol. I was going to go but I remember the long cold wait for my car at the pru and said no way. Nice pics

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 06:24 PM
BTW, where are you?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hg93xc.png

My wife is the one taking a picture, and I'm looking down (probably posting here :lol). I have that asshole right behind me screaming like a motherfucker.

I'm the guy in the row behind you. White Spurs hat and Tim Duncan Jersey.(4th and 5th people of row) My wife has the black hat on and Ginobili shirt with her hand in front of her face talking to some lady next to her probably talking shit about that Mr Whammy guy

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Word is Timmy does his warmup routine very, very early. And with these arenas not letting you walk until an hour or so before tipoff, we're screwed. I actually been to the AT&T Center and Denver's Pepsi Center too, but never had good enough tickets to talk my way that early.

Agree.

He is. It also helps I was born in Argentina too and so we speak in spanish. He just really is a humble, down to earth guy. That's what we get from our conversations.

I talked to some Nets ticket Agent a few years back and he got me into the game 90 mins early and Duncan was gone by then. The ting that sucks is seeing people with Duncan Autos. I've even tried to write him via the Spurs address but nothing.

The person I was surprised most to get was Parker. It was when he made his first All Star game and went around with his own Sharpie.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I bet if it was Tony Parker you had chatted with and helped with his website he wouldnt have remembered you.

:lol

To Tony's credit, whenever he decides to be approachable, he comes across as a nice dude. Bonner, Tiago and Neal too.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Its always lots of spurs fans there el. Cant blame the fans for going to see the visiting team lol. I was going to go but I remember the long cold wait for my car at the pru and said no way. Nice pics

We made that mistake last year. This year, we went around the corner to the will call/Devils shop, and waited in there all warm. It was packed with people though.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm the guy in the row behind you. White Spurs hat and Tim Duncan Jersey.(4th and 5th people of row) My wife has the black hat on and Ginobili shirt with her hand in front of her face talking to some lady next to her probably talking shit about that Mr Whammy guy

Okay, I see. I saw you on TV. At some point in the 4th quarter, in the YES broadcast, they gave props to "Mr and Ms Whammy", and they had them on camera. You can see your wife there and also about half of your face.
I can put a capture if you want. :lol

I talked to some Nets ticket Agent a few years back and he got me into the game 90 mins early and Duncan was gone by then. The ting that sucks is seeing people with Duncan Autos. I've even tried to write him via the Spurs address but nothing.

The person I was surprised most to get was Parker. It was when he made his first All Star game and went around with his own Sharpie.

That's cool. I like all I have (I even have Beno, lol), but I especially appreciate the Bill Walton one. He was doing a Spurs/Nets game as commentator for ESPN, and he walked by looking at me wearing my sky blue Argentina jersey like "you're crazy" or something, lol. I asked him for an autograph and he signed. I always loved his over-the-top color commentary and he stopped doing games for TV shortly after due to his back/knee problems. It was hard to watch him walk. You could tell he was just in constant pain.

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay, I see. I saw you on TV. At some point in the 4th quarter, in the YES broadcast, they gave props to "Mr and Ms Whammy", and they had them on camera. You can see your wife there and also about half of your face.
I can put a capture if you want. :lol

That's cool. I like all I have (I even have Beno, lol), but I especially appreciate the Bill Walton one. He was doing a Spurs/Nets game as commentator for ESPN, and he walked by looking at me wearing my sky blue Argentina jersey like "you're crazy" or something, lol. I asked him for an autograph and he signed. I always loved his over-the-top color commentary and he stopped doing games for TV shortly after due to his back/knee problems. It was hard to watch him walk. You could tell he was just in constant pain.

That would be awesome if you could put up that screen capture! lol I think my wife would like it. I think I was hating on Mr Whammy the whole game. lol The guy thought he was making the Spurs miss there free throws.

lol I have Beno to, Malik Rose,Rasho, and I was at that game where Walton did the game. I also got him to sign the Nets game book they give out before games. Throw it down big man. lol sometimes he annoyed me but he def is better then some doing it these days. I liked when they played at the Meadowlands so much better then the Prudential Center.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
That would be awesome if you could put up that screen capture! lol I think my wife would like it. I think I was hating on Mr Whammy the whole game. lol The guy thought he was making the Spurs miss there free throws.

Here's a video cap...

GVnj-KAZqzI

DawgMilkX
02-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Here's a video cap...

GVnj-KAZqzI

That's awesome! Thanks!

Brazil
02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll be at the palace for the spurs game in detroit tomorrow. I'll be first row right behind spurs bench ! I hope I will take some nice pics too.

ElNono
02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I'll be at the palace for the spurs game in detroit tomorrow. I'll be first row right behind spurs bench ! I hope I will take some nice pics too.

Enjoy!

Brazil
02-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Enjoy!

:toast
never had a seat so close to the bench... cannot wait... I'll wear a French jersey :lol

Kool Bob Love
02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Great pics and vids. :toast