PDA

View Full Version : Is Dejuan Blair Getting Fatter?

BanditHiro
02-12-2012, 01:57 AM
tsia....

timvp
02-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Everyone looked about 20 pounds heavier in those all-white uniforms, tbh.

Spurs da champs
02-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Everyone looked about 20 pounds heavier in those all-white uniforms, tbh.

Not really, but yeah Blair is still a fat scrub I liked how Pop benched Leonard for whatever reason, but he doesn't bench Blair despite his regressing play.

DMC
02-12-2012, 03:37 AM
I listened on the radio during my drive from SA, but I laughed when the announcer said "and Pop is going to sub Duncan" after he went down "probably Splitter... wait no it's Bonner getting up".

Cant_Be_Faded
02-12-2012, 04:24 AM
tsia....

Give this kid a spur. Funniest thread title this season EASILY

TwelveGs210
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Not really, but yeah Blair is still a fat scrub I liked how Pop benched Leonard for whatever reason, but he doesn't bench Blair despite his regressing play.

He didn't bench him. Leonard won't start if the opposing team doesn't have a star wing player Pop needs him to slow down.

And that's a super cool pic you have for you signature!!

Wild Cobra Kai
02-12-2012, 10:18 AM

Wings, many, bigs few
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e0/Yoda_SWSB.jpg

SpurNation
02-12-2012, 10:58 AM

If I may take a stab. Might be because of how under manned the Nets are Pop didn't see the point of giving some of the better players on the Spurs a lot of minutes banking on the game could be won without them playing significant time.

Spurs da champs
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
If I may take a stab. Might be because of how under manned the Nets are Pop didn't see the point of giving some of the better players on the Spurs a lot of minutes banking on the game could be won without them playing significant time.

Well regardless he's trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Brutalis
02-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I really like Blair but he shouldn't be starting. I just don't understand why Tiago isn't getting his shot.

Dex
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I really like Blair but he shouldn't be starting. I just don't understand why Tiago isn't getting his shot.

Because Bonner + Blair is our second worst defensive pairing behind only Blair + Small Ball. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said.

Splitter coming off the bench isn't ideal, but it's easily better than the alternative.

Fireball
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Because Bonner + Blair is our second worst defensive pairing behind only Blair + Small Ball. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said.

Splitter coming off the bench isn't ideal, but it's easily better than the alternative.

You are right, but you have to agree that Splitter could easily play more minutes which would include some minutes together with Timmy ... especially at the end of close games

Dex
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
You are right, but you have to agree that Splitter could easily play more minutes which would include some minutes together with Timmy ... especially at the end of close games

This, I do agree with. Pop is definitely not giving Splitter the minutes he deserves.

However, starting him isn't the answer to that. Spurs need to avoid the Bonner/Blair combo as much as they absolutely can, and Splitter starting would make that next to impossible.

SenorSpur
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Is DeJuan Blair getting fatter? Hmmmm. Has Whataburger's quarterly revenue gone up? The answer lies within the latter question.

Dex
02-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Is DeJuan Blair getting fatter? Hmmmm. Has Whataburger's quarterly revenue gone up? The answer lies within the latter question.

They did bring back the Favorites Menu. Maybe DeJuan has a penchant for the A1 Thick & Hearty, or the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich?

SpurNation
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
They did bring back the Favorites Menu. Maybe DeJuan has a penchant for the A1 Thick & Hearty, or the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich?

#2/triple cheese/Jalepenos/All the way. Sub fries for Large Onion Rings. Chocolate malt with a small Coke chaser. Cherry Pie to top off the meal.

If Blair is reading this right now...step away.

roycrikside
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
To answer the OP's question, speaking as a shallow fat person who's spent a lifetime noticing my own subtle weight loss and gain and that of the people around me, I can tell you, without a doubt, that yes, he's put on weight from the start of the season. He's thicker all around and noticeably less explosive.

mystargtr34
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Im not 100% convinced thats completely Pop's reasoning.

For one, when Tim sat against Houston Pop trotted Bonner out to start next to Blair.. the Rockets went out to a double digit lead in minutes.

Second.. last night against the Nets Tiago struggled to grab a couple of rebounds (that's punishable when it comes to Tiago but not Matty who hasnt rebounded well since probably high school) and missed his only shot. At the end of the second quarter when Tim came out for his ..Blair came in next to Bonner to finish the quarter.

Third.. Pop has gone out of his way on a couple of occassions now to label Tiago a blue collar player, and a guy without many skills :lol. As if passing, rebounding, pick and roll defense, interior defense, post moves aren't skills. Basically, Pop sees Tiago in the Oberto mold.. OK but nothing special. Bon Bon on the other hand.. well Pop thinks he has a little gem on his hands there :lol

If the Spurs happened to sign a decent caliber PF or even a C.. there's a good chance Blair is moved to the bench or out of the rotation all together ..however i seriously doubt it will be Tiago taking his place. I would also put my money on Bonner getting the starting nod before Tiago.

my2sons
02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
...and yet the spurs have the third best record in the west.....winning on the rodeo road trip when so many here said it would suck just a couple of weeks ago....and all I hear is fools gold wins...pop sucks...blair and bonner....
Tiago keeps improving, manu is back and a true backup point is on his way back....team rounding into shape...yes I am guilty of seeing to spurs colored sunglasses but the hate is unbelievable, you would think this team is mired in last place...heck some so called spurs fans were gloating when they were in 9th place for five mins earlier in the season

mystargtr34
02-12-2012, 08:05 PM
I have said numerous times this Spurs team has way exceeded my expectations i had coming into the season. Before the season started i would have been happy with a second round playoff appearance.. but after seeing what this team has im expecting a whole lot more.. WCF minimum.

Tiago getting more playing time has taken the team to another level.. Leonard is better than i thought.. the emergence of Green.. TJ Ford. Plus.. im enjoying watching this version of the Spurs more than any other since 2007.

Having said that.. most fans here have been around long enough to realise that regular season success doesnt equal playoff success.. case in point.. last season. The most important thing imo is to put your team in the best possible position to win in the playoffs.. and i think that might be lacking a bit so far for the Spurs during the regular season.. but thats just my opinion.

I cant see a team winning a championship that has Matt Bonner and DeJuan Blair taking 48 minutes at the PF spot.. especially considering its easily the deepest and toughest position to guard in the West. I hope they prove me wrong.. i just dont see it. Which is why im always beating the dead horse when Tiago doesnt get minutes next to Duncan.

therealtruth
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
...and yet the spurs have the third best record in the west.....winning on the rodeo road trip when so many here said it would suck just a couple of weeks ago....and all I hear is fools gold wins...pop sucks...blair and bonner....
Tiago keeps improving, manu is back and a true backup point is on his way back....team rounding into shape...yes I am guilty of seeing to spurs colored sunglasses but the hate is unbelievable, you would think this team is mired in last place...heck some so called spurs fans were gloating when they were in 9th place for five mins earlier in the season

The reason is lowered expectations. You forget when Pop got Dice and RJ in '09 he basically said he should be fired if they didn't win a championship? He got Splitter last season who's better than Dice. Pop hasn't exactly maximized the talent the past couple of years.

TJastal
02-13-2012, 03:04 AM
To answer the OP's question, speaking as a shallow fat person who's spent a lifetime noticing my own subtle weight loss and gain and that of the people around me, I can tell you, without a doubt, that yes, he's put on weight from the start of the season. He's thicker all around and noticeably less explosive.

Thx to the pics El Nono posted it's easy to see he is growing exponentially wider. Looks almost like trash can now. I've never seen anything quite like his body shape... he's as wide as he is tall, but with puny shoulders and puny calves yet arms that hang well past the knee.

What he really needs is a lower body workout regime to get a better base so he can actually move all that girth around. Barring that, I can't see his career lasting too much longer, that's gotta be a lot of stress on the knees.

playblair
05-03-2014, 07:46 PM
BLAIR haters :lol..................