PDA

View Full Version : If you were D'Antoni who would be the top dog in your team?

Rapper
02-12-2012, 04:19 AM
It's time to stop talking and arguing about how many games Lin can score 20 points + with 7+ assists. There is no room and impossible for a guy who luckily scores 28 points on average in 5 NBA level games. Lin is really for real and a great NBA player from the Net game on.

As far as our concerned.We all know that Lin is now a star level PG .and in the past 5 games NYK have become his team due to his incredible talent and effort. However, the real question is that when a 6 time all star , a future Hall of famer, averaging 25 points a game. can easily score from also every corner on the court. representing the United States to the Olympics. named All NBA team of last couple seasons. having a big contract like 20 million dollars a year, playing in his prime- Carmelo Anthony who returns to court and play alongside the hottest new star Lin.

At that Moment. Who would you to pick taking the last shot ? and who would be your top dog to create offense? would you play center-around Lin? would you dare to tell Melo that dwag please pass the ball to a teammate who just has 760 K a year?

I hope that there is possible a "Big 4" in the team. But unfortunately. this is impossible.

rayjayjohnson
02-12-2012, 04:57 AM
no way melo shares the spotlight.

he comes back, chucks the knicks back to under .500 and the universe returns to normal.

Rapper
02-12-2012, 05:10 AM
no way melo shares the spotlight.

he comes back, chucks the knicks back to under .500 and the universe returns to normal.

So the Knicks would rather be back to under.500 than be the Lin's team?

rayjayjohnson
02-12-2012, 05:13 AM
they wouldn't rather that at all. however, they've invested too much in melo to let lin's recent run derail it.

they're banking on lin facilitating melo. i don't think that'll happen tbh

Latarian Milton
02-12-2012, 05:17 AM
he's a Harvard graduate and hes been doing well lately but he still has alot to prove imho

Rapper
02-12-2012, 05:21 AM
they wouldn't rather that at all. however, they've invested too much in melo to let lin's recent run derail it.

they're banking on lin facilitating melo. i don't think that'll happen tbh

But it doesn't make sense

All people need is a win not a star if a star fails to win

rayjayjohnson
02-12-2012, 05:25 AM
i'm not sure stringing together 5 good games makes him a viable candidate to be the team's top dog.

especially not with two of the NBA's biggest egos making max money next to him

Reck
02-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Lin #1 Amare #2 Chandler #3

Melo can take a hike.

BlackSwordsMan
02-12-2012, 12:43 PM
linumber 1!

JamStone
02-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Dajuan Wagner had a 5 game stretch averaging 26 points early in his rookie season.

It's hard to believe Lin would continue to put up this type of scoring and scoring efficiency the rest of the season when teams start playing him tougher and focusing on him more. We already saw different things the last two games that made things tougher for him.

I think if Lin is as good in the pick-and-roll as people are suggesting, then the star of the team should be Amare in that pick-and-roll offense. Jeremy could sit comfortably around 15 points and 8-9 assists a game and still be very effective. With Amare and Carmelo, Lin is not going to average 25+ points a game. He just won't, win or lose or whatever. What I do think D'Antoni could do is perhaps stagger their minutes so that Lin and Melo don't play as much together, so Lin can work the pick-and-roll with Amare as the offense. And then times when Melo is on the court without Lin, the offense can be more of an isolation offense with Melo.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Lin as leader = D'antoni keeps his job
Carmelo as leader = ship his ass back to Italy

DMC
02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Mike D needs a solid scoring PG to run his offense. With Melo, Amare and TC free to roam, Lin will not be double teamed. That would be a serious fucking offense and unless Mike D is a complete brain dead moron, he knows this. Melo has to accept Lin as the ball handler and not be a black hole (no pun intended) when the ball comes his way. Otherwise the Knicks will rise and fall as Melo's scoring does.

Add the Chinese connection to it, the income from that, it's a no brainer so even a brain dead moron recognizes cash.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Issue is that Lin has pretty average conditioning right now, D'italiani should work on managing minutes for Lin so he can stay between 30-33mpg. He really will develop an injury if he plays 40mpg all of a sudden.

JamStone
02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Issue is that Lin has pretty average conditioning right now, D'italiani should work on managing minutes for Lin so he can stay between 30-33mpg. He really will develop an injury if he plays 40mpg all of a sudden.

Definitely possible. But there will be a difference in how fatigue will affect him after Amare and Carmelo return, regardless if they gel or not. Simply having two other guys that will allow Lin to shoulder less responsibility and less ball domination will help. He won't have to carry so much of the offense, especially with Melo. That in itself will have advantages as far as Lin's endurance and fatigue go later in games.

Playing 40 minutes and having 90% of the responsibility on offense will be different than playing 40 minutes and having 40% of the responsibility on offense. The Knicks might not play better, but I suspect that will help with Lin's endurance/fatigue.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Definitely possible. But there will be a difference in how fatigue will affect him after Amare and Carmelo return, regardless if they gel or not. Simply having two other guys that will allow Lin to shoulder less responsibility and less ball domination will help. He won't have to carry so much of the offense, especially with Melo. That in itself will have advantages as far as Lin's endurance and fatigue go later in games.

Playing 40 minutes and having 90% of the responsibility on offense will be different than playing 40 minutes and having 40% of the responsibility on offense. The Knicks might not play better, but I suspect that will help with Lin's endurance/fatigue.

He will have less responsibility, true, but he is still pretty average in conditioning and will benefit from less minutes because he is very prone to TOs when he runs out of gas. With Bibby and eventually Davis out there, I would hope the italian fuck uses them to give Lin some gatorade time.

JamStone
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
He will have less responsibility, true, but he is still pretty average in conditioning and will benefit from less minutes because he is very prone to TOs when he runs out of gas. With Bibby and eventually Davis out there, I would hope the italian fuck uses them to give Lin some gatorade time.

Doubtful Lin continues to play 40 MPG, especially after Melo returns because then the offense can run isolation through Melo for stretches. And if Baron Davis does ever get ready to play, that will almost certainly drop his minutes further. I'm going to guess after those things happen, Lin can settle in at around 30-32 MPG and with less energy exerted when he is on the floor, along with getting used to heavier minutes, I would imagine that will be fine.

JamStone
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM
i really don't think it's a given that lin will remain a 30-32 minute heavy rotation player. wait till teams get film on him and adjust before you suck his little asian tee tee after 3 or 4 solid games.

I agree it's not a given unless he continues to play at a high level and/or Baron Davis proves that he sucks just like Mike Bibby. But is averaging 27 points and 8 assists on over 50% shooting really only "solid?"

FkLA
02-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I think Melos sub-par play has had alot to do with lack of interest because of all the losing. When Denver reached the WCF against LA in 09' he looked focused and like one of the top 3-5 players in the league. If the winning/Lin hype gets him focused like that again I think he should be the first option with the Linn & Amare/Chandler pick and rolls right up there as well.

DMC
02-12-2012, 06:02 PM
They need a solid bench in order to keep their starters in reasonable minutes including a decent backup PG.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 06:42 PM
They need a solid bench in order to keep their starters in reasonable minutes including a decent backup PG.

Baron should be decent enough as a backup

DMC
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Baron should be decent enough as a backup
He will be once he recovers but I don't consider the 2nd unit a backup. I think the backup is the guy who's normally end of the bench and gets trash minutes until called upon.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
He will be once he recovers but I don't consider the 2nd unit a backup. I think the backup is the guy who's normally end of the bench and gets trash minutes until called upon.

Also got Bibby

DMC
02-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Bibby sucks

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I say Amare. He will give Lin a bunch of easy assists like he did for Nash.

pass1st
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Bibby sucks

Seems to fit your description of being on the end of the bench and getting trash minutes

DMC
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Seems to fit your description of being on the end of the bench and getting trash minutes

But I also said "decent". But it could work if they don't try to put Lin back to that role like Pop probably would.

Rapper
02-13-2012, 07:45 AM
There would be more complaints if melo returns to the team that could not help the knicks to win games. Melo would probably be playing under pressure