PDA

View Full Version : Should the Lakers Throw in the Towel?

Pages : [1] 2

Calispursfan11
02-12-2012, 10:39 AM
There is a combination of bad goings on here for the Lakeshow this season including but not limited to in no particular order :

- Mike Brown is not as good as Phil Jackson, and regardless of how much he adjusts, he will not be half a Zen Master.

- The Lakers have nine players over 30! Kobe 33, Pau 31, Metta World Book Encyclopedia 32, Fisher 37, Blake 31, Barnes 31, Kapono 30, Walton 31, Murphy 31. They are freakin' old!

- Despite his prolific averages, Kobe has become more of a chucker than ever, leading the lead in FGs attempted by a large margin while shooting a mediocre percentage.

- Pau and Bynum are not on board with the Kobe System . Still a force in the middle when motivated, Gasol and Bynum appear to have openly criticized the Kobe system, which has been limiting their touches and higher probability of a made FG per possession than Kobe's chucking.

- Related to the Kobe System, team unity and synergy is lacking under Brown and Kobe. I also wonder what happened to Brown's suggestion that the offense would be less Kobe-Centric. We know Kobe has always run the show to an extent but I wonder how much more Brown is than simply a blob in a suit on the bench at this point.

- Almost non-existent bench, or at least non-existent motivation on the bench

- Gave away Odom for nothing

Championships are looking farther and farther away in the rearview mirror for LA, at least as long as the Kobe System remains in place. For these reasons and others, it may be a good time for the Lakers to think about blowing it up completely now. What do you think? Can their elite window remain open in the Kobe era?

BlackSwordsMan
02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Kobe is the brett favre of his team tired old shitte bag who got caught sending cock pics needs to retire

Giuseppe
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
tired old shitte bag

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

BlackSwordsMan
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
finals MVPS?

buttsR4rebounding
02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Mike Brown is reigning in Kobe like he did LeBron. Interestingly, the Lakers, once known as an almost unstopable offense have only scored 100 points 3 times this year. Only the Bobcats and Pistons have done it fewer times. The Spurs, in contrast, even without Ginobili for 22 games have scored 100 14 times. Keep on shooting Kobe...

Giuseppe
02-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Mike Brown is reigning in Kobe like he did LeBron. Interestingly, the Lakers, once known as an almost unstopable offense have only scored 100 points 3 times this year. Only the Bobcats and Pistons have done it fewer times. The Spurs, in contrast, even without Ginobili for 22 games have scored 100 14 times. Keep on shooting Kobe...

...you guys have been pisser since Pop benched the tired old shit bag Duncan.

tee, hee.

ChrisRichards
02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Their window closed last year when the Mavs swept them. They are obviously not going to win this year. Their golden ticket was handed over to the Clippers, instead of having Paul they have 2 slow PG's above their 30's running the offense. They are slow, old and tired and their best trading chip is over the hill with a toxic contract. Trading Odom was their biggest mistake this season. People say he would be useless even with the Lakers this year. I disagree, I think playing in LA with his teammates was Lamar's refuge. Laker fans loved Lamar and Lamar love Los Angeles.

The Lakers will enjoy a couple more 50 win seasons and fwiw, I think Kobe will continue to entertain Laker fans, but hoping for anything more than a playoff berth is just wishful thinking.

NRHector
02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
...you guys have been pisser since Pop benched the tired old shit bag Duncan.

tee, hee.
Brown should do the same to Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Fisher, well Fisher has an excuse, he's old.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 12:03 PM
There is a combination of bad goings on here for the Lakeshow this season including but not limited to in no particular order :

- Pau and Bynum are not on board with the Kobe System . Still a force in the middle when motivated, Gasol and Bynum appear to have openly criticized the Kobe system, which has been limiting their touches and higher probability of a made FG per possession than Kobe's chucking.

What do you think? Can their elite window remain open in the Kobe era?

here's an official rebuttal from an elite Laker fan:

Let me tell you why this strategy sucks.

1. We don't have a PG that can make those entry passes
2. Bynum can't handle double teams(they send it every time)
3. We do not have outside shooters
4. Our movement off-ball is absolutely terrible
5. No spacing with Metta Fisher and Barnes all getting a lot of minutes

This happens every game. Our first option is to always go inside, we either:

1. Can't make the pass - ends with Kobe bail out

If by some miracle we make the pass

2. Bynum is double teamed, and either of the following happens:

a) He turns the ball over
b) He attacks the double and misses the shot
c) He makes the wrong pass and we don't get an open shot - Kobe bail out
d) He makes the right pass, but it's to Metta/Fisher/Barnes/Blake and they miss

Assuming that it's actually Pau that we're going inside to, if by some miracle we make the pass

3. Pau is single covered, and

a) Holds onto the ball for 10 seconds after jab stepping a million times and then passes it to Kobe for a bail out shot

b) Shoots a jumper falling away from the basket
c) Passes it out to Metta/Fisher/Barnes/Blake and they miss
d) Gets the ball slapped away

That's what happens when the offense is ran through our bigs.

Giuseppe
02-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Brown should do the same to Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Fisher, well Fisher has an excuse, he's old.

^They didn't quit like the tired old shit bag Duncan did.

WeNeedLength
02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
^They didn't quit like the tired old shit bag Duncan did.

:blah

Giuseppe
02-12-2012, 12:14 PM
The Lakers will enjoy a couple more 50 win seasons and fwiw, I think Kobe will continue to entertain Laker fans, but hoping for anything more than a playoff berth is just wishful thinking.

The silver lining? Every single time we're in the last place I'll look around and I'll have 28 motherfuckers sittin' in the same place.

It's not making the playoffs & winning the last game I play,,,but, it's the next best thing.

weebo
02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

How 'bout we start a new trend?

Let's call Kobe a Banged Up Old Fuck. Works for me.

JamStone
02-12-2012, 12:43 PM
If teams thought this way, then every year 25 or teams should throw in the towel and tank because they don't have a legitimate chance at winning a title. This year, every team except Miami, Chicago, and OKC should throw in the towel because really those are the three teams that look like they have legitimate chances to win a title and no other team.

It's just a ridiculous notion, troll job or not.

weebo
02-12-2012, 12:49 PM
If teams thought this way, then every year 25 or teams should throw in the towel and tank because they don't have a legitimate chance at winning a title. This year, every team except Miami, Chicago, and OKC should throw in the towel because really those are the three teams that look like they have legitimate chances to win a title and no other team.

It's just a ridiculous notion, troll job or not.

Actually that's not true at all. Almost every team that makes the PO's has a shot. Not saying that they'll win it but you never know. How many people gave the Mavs a chance to win it last year?

JamStone
02-12-2012, 12:52 PM
You misread my point. I said "IF TEAMS THOUGHT THIS WAY."

That's why I disagree with the suggestions of the original post. Teams shouldn't throw in the towel because you never know what could happen in the playoffs. Plenty of things change from this point of the season to the beginning of the playoffs, not the least of which are injuries to key players and trades that happen at the trade deadline, that end up changing a lot of things for teams.

But if teams threw in the towel one-third of the way through the season, then it would be 25 or so every year throwing in the towel. But that's why I disagree with it.

mavsfan1000
02-12-2012, 12:56 PM
The playoffs are much more favorable to older teams. Much more time between games. Will help both the Lakers and Mavs.

Mel_13
02-12-2012, 01:01 PM
For these reasons and others, it may be a good time for the Lakers to think about blowing it up completely now. What do you think?

I think the Lakers still have Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum. Anyone that believes that they have no shot based on some regular season struggles is kidding themselves. The Lakers will be a tough out for any team in the playoffs.

baseline bum
02-12-2012, 01:08 PM
LA threw in the towel the minute they picked Mike Brown over Brian Shaw.

JamStone
02-12-2012, 01:28 PM

Are you convinced the Lakers would be much better off with Brian Shaw? Because Mike Brown is that bad? Or because Brian Shaw would not have changed much of the philosophy under Phil Jackson? Or other reasons? I don't think any of us know how good of a head coach Brian Shaw would be.

baseline bum
02-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Shaw certainly was an unknown, but better to give a chance to a promising assistant running an offense that brought the team 5 rings than hire someone who was pretty awful in his other gig. That team is way too talented to be scoring 93PPG. Sure, losing Odom is a kick in the nuts, but otherwise it's the same team that won 57 games last season and was an offensive juggernaut.

ChrisRichards
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Only thing I like about Shaw is he has the balls to tell Kobe to stop shooting, and Kobe respects Shaw. MB doesn't have that in him. Mike Brown is Kobe's dream coach tbh. Kobe can take as many shots as he wants under this system with no accountability.

ChrisRichards
02-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I think the Lakers still have Bryant, Gasol, and Bynum. Anyone that believes that they have no shot based on some regular season struggles is kidding themselves. The Lakers will be a tough out for any team in the playoffs.
They are done. The twin tower experiment has failed two years in a row.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Shaw certainly was an unknown, but better to give a chance to a promising assistant running an offense that brought the team 5 rings than hire someone who was pretty awful in his other gig. That team is way too talented to be scoring 93PPG. Sure, losing Odom is a kick in the nuts, but otherwise it's the same team that won 57 games last season and was an offensive juggernaut.

Where's the offensive talent outside of the Big 3? I'd love to know.

LnGrrrR
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Assuming that it's actually Pau that we're going inside to, if by some miracle we make the pass

a) Holds onto the ball for 10 seconds after jab stepping a million times and then passes it to Kobe for a bail out shot

Holy shit! A post about actual basketball from Kool! Mark your calendars everyone. :lol

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM

read that on LG. and it is correct. With a better PG, the system would work but Stern nixed tnhat. Like i told DPG, we are not contenders. 2nd round is the ceiling for this team with no trades ...

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Holy shit! A post about actual basketball from Kool! Mark your calendars everyone. :lol

The pinking is working, whether he realizes it or not.:lol That post was not far off, either. We have zero perimeter talent outside of Kobe, and Bynum is still a noob when it comes to double teams.

baseline bum
Where's the offensive talent outside of the Big 3? I'd love to know.

In a decent offense those big 3 got lots of good shots for the rest of the team. I seriously can't understand a Laker fan defending Mike Brown as if this is the first time he has installed a completely dysfunctional offense.

ChrisRichards
So, true. I was reading that and I have to refresh my screen a couple of times make sure my eyes werent playing tricks on me.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you convinced the Lakers would be much better off with Brian Shaw? Because Mike Brown is that bad? Or because Brian Shaw would not have changed much of the philosophy under Phil Jackson? Or other reasons? I don't think any of us know how good of a head coach Brian Shaw would be.

I know this wasn't direct towards me, but even though we don't know what Brian Shaw would be, we do know what Mike Brown is. I think it's pretty clear he has no control of the team and garners zero respect. From Kobe's reaction to the hiring all the way to a guy like Ron Artest making the comments he does very publicly, no one seems to respond to him.

Beyond that, I think it's a huge undertaking to implement a new system in a shortened season with very little training camp and next to zero practice time. I think having Shaw would solve both of these problems and that alone would make it a better team this year.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
In a decent offense those big 3 got lots of good shots for the rest of the team. I seriously can't understand a Laker fan defending Mike Brown as if this is the first time he has installed a completely dysfunctional offense.

I'm not defending Mike Brown. he sucks, we all know.

I seriously can't understand how you think the chickenshit we have on the perimeter can consistently shoot well. Methinks you haven't been watching

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 01:58 PM
read that on LG. and it is correct. With a better PG, the system would work but Stern nixed tnhat. Like i told DPG, we are not contenders. 2nd round is the ceiling for this team with no trades ...

Kool is copying posts from LG?

Also, that post is wrong. It slams Bynum and Pau and that is not accurate because more often than not, they score or do something well as evidenced by their excellent FG%.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Bum you my nicca,
But have you actually watched this team play? Artest is 17% on 3's. The offense as shit as it maybe is giving Fisher, Artest, Murphy, Blake and Barnes plenty of open looks. The problem is, the only guys that can hit those Kapono Murphy and Godlouck ALL SUCK at defense. The roster is flawed. Without good shooters open looks are useless.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:01 PM

Also, that post is wrong. It slams Bynum and Pau and that is not accurate because more often than not, they score or do something well as evidenced by their excellent FG%.

That is FG% built on games against the Raptors (like today) Tyson pushed Bynum's shit in, and Milsap has done the same to Pau. Of course they shoot a good percentage. But Pau often does as much damage to the flow of the offense as Kobe does. Pau faces up, and spends so much time "reading" the defense, even hubie pointed that out. He needs to do a better job of just making a quick move or just move the ball ...

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm not defending Mike Brown. he sucks, we all know.

I seriously can't understand how you think the chickenshit we have on the perimeter can consistently shoot well. Methinks you haven't been watching

What we don't understand is how excellent 3PT shooters all of the sudden turn into bad ones when they come to LA? Blake, Kapono, Murph & even the new guy Goudelock can all shot and the first 3 were definitely above average 3PT shooters before LA. That leads me to believe it's on the coach not utilizing them enough or the fact they can't get into a rhythm playing with Kobe. There is no reason all very good 3PT shooters crumble like that especially when you have two legit bigs that command doubles.

Even Artest and Barnes have consistently knocked down 3 pointers in multiple seasons. So I don't buy the excuse that "LA has no shooters".

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM

Could be his for all I know ...

Just know I saw it on LG and thought it was accurate ...

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM
That is FG% built on games against the Raptors (like today) Tyson pushed Bynum's shit in, and Milsap has done the same to Pau. Of course they shoot a good percentage. But Pau often does as much damage to the flow of the offense as Kobe does. Pau faces up, and spends so much time "reading" the defense, even hubie pointed that out. He needs to do a better job of just making a quick move or just move the ball ...

You didn't answer my question though, is Kool copying post from LG and bringing them here?

JamStone
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Shannon Brown is another loss that's underestimated. He's not great or anything, but the Lakers didn't replace him with another wing player off the bench. I think his loss is part of the reason Kobe logs so many minutes, not just the loss of Odom. Then with the injury of Steve Blake, that puts even more pressure on Kobe and the need to use guys like Andrew Goudelock (granted he's shot the ball well) and Darius Morris, not to mention more reliance on Fisher producing. I don't think it's just the loss of Odom.

Also two of the losses at the beginning of the season were without Bynum and both were close losses that could have been different had Bynum played. At 17-10, they'd have the third best record in the West and would there be as much discussion of their demise? Maybe, but probably not.

One of the major problems with the Lakers this year has been their performances on the road. Lakers average over 95 points on over 47% shooting at home versus just over 90 points and under 43% shooting on the road. I think not having an experienced veteran off the bench is a big part of that.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:05 PM

This is just flat out not true and it's a case of spoiled Laker fan (no offense, you should be spoiled when your team is always stacked) distorting reality. The fact is it's their averages. The bigs have constantly put up eye popping production in nearly every game combined, many times with it being evenly distributed. They also bail LA out constantly on Kobe misses with put backs. How many game winners or last second shots, just this year, has Kobe missed and Bynum put back in at a critical moment?

They aren't just beating up weak front lines, they are playing very well against pretty much everyone.

baseline bum

Gasol looks lost in this offense, whereas he was an assassin in the triangle. They might as well trade him right now if they're not going to end the Mike Brown experiment.

BRHornet45

This

Son you gotta love affirmative action in sports. Les Miles allowed it to stand in LSU's way of another national championship and the Lakers threw in the towel and said "well Gasol gave us 2 more titles and hopefully we can land Howard to give Kobe more undeserved credit for our success, but let's go ahead and hire Mike Brown over the hundreds of better options out there so that everyone will give us a pat on the back and say we are doing the right thing."

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
You didn't answer my question though, is Kool copying post from LG and bringing them here?

more plots, sub-plots and drama :lol I like

Killakobe81
What we don't understand is how excellent 3PT shooters all of the sudden turn into bad ones when they come to LA? Blake, Kapono, Murph & even the new guy Goudelock can all shot and the first 3 were definitely above average 3PT shooters before LA. That leads me to believe it's on the coach not utilizing them enough or the fact they can't get into a rhythm playing with Kobe. There is no reason all very good 3PT shooters crumble like that especially when you have two legit bigs that command doubles.

Even Artest and Barnes have consistently knocked down 3 pointers in multiple seasons. So I don't buy the excuse that "LA has no shooters".

That has been a problem BEFORE kobe or when as many here have pointed out back when shaq was the the main man on the Lakers.

shooters/scorers who lost their stroke in Los Angeles:

1. Mitch Richmond
2. Terry Teagle
3. Glen Rice
4. Lindsey Hunter
5. J.R. Rider
6. Artest
7. Rick fox

And Kapono and the rookie Godlock are still shooting fine. Like i said their issue is they give up whatever they score on the other end. Bynum though a fine paint defender doesnt cover ground like Dwight where he can make up for slowfooted white guys getting beat on the perimeter.

JamStone
I know this wasn't direct towards me, but even though we don't know what Brian Shaw would be, we do know what Mike Brown is. I think it's pretty clear he has no control of the team and garners zero respect. From Kobe's reaction to the hiring all the way to a guy like Ron Artest making the comments he does very publicly, no one seems to respond to him.

Beyond that, I think it's a huge undertaking to implement a new system in a shortened season with very little training camp and next to zero practice time. I think having Shaw would solve both of these problems and that alone would make it a better team this year.

Don't really disagree, but one point of clarity. The decision to hire Mike Brown over Brian Shaw was made back in May, before there was any certainty there would be a shortened season with little training camp and zero practice time. Those weren't major issues back in May.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Shannon Brown is another loss that's underestimated. He's not great or anything, but the Lakers didn't replace him with another wing player off the bench. I think his loss is part of the reason Kobe logs so many minutes, not just the loss of Odom. Then with the injury of Steve Blake, that puts even more pressure on Kobe and the need to use guys like Andrew Goudelock (granted he's shot the ball well and Darius Morris). I don't think it's just the loss of Odom.

Also two of the losses at the beginning of the season were without Bynum and both were close losses that could have been different had Bynum played. At 17-10, they'd have the third best record in the West and would there be as much discussion of their demise? Maybe, but probably not.

One of the major problems with the Lakers this year has been their performances on the road. Lakers average over 95 points on over 47% shooting at home versus just over 90 points and under 43% shooting on the road. I think not having an experienced veteran off the bench is a big part of that.

Jam, this is just Laker fan over-reaction to their team not being the clear cut favorite. Their roster certainly has flaws, but it's a new coach, new system and somewhat new team in a lockout year. Bumps are to be expected. The fact is, like a few have said, they have 2 top 10 bigs and Kobe. They are dangerous. They also have guys who are known shooters.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Of course you don't buy it. Your agenda's been pretty clear for years, so it's hard to take you seriously. You said the same shit when the Lakers were winning titles, so you're just steadfastly sticking to your guns now that the team is older/downgraded. :lol

If you think McRoberts, Murphy, Blake, Fisher, Artest, and Barnes constitute adequate perimeter talent, then perhaps you should follow a sport that's a little more simple--like soccer.

I hope that helps.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:08 PM
This

Son you gotta love affirmative action in sports. Les Miles allowed it to stand in LSU's way of another national championship and the Lakers threw in the towel and said "well Gasol gave us 2 more titles and hopefully we can land Howard to give Kobe more undeserved credit for our success, but let's go ahead and hire Mike Brown over the hundreds of better options out there so that everyone will give us a pat on the back and say we are doing the right thing."

you also gotta love gay deacons - what do you say BR..or should I call you Deacon Williams)and preach the word.

BELTXyqwOMU

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Don't really disagree, but one point of clarity. The decision to hire Mike Brown over Brian Shaw was made back in May, before there was any certainty there would be a shortened season with little training camp and zero practice time. Those weren't major issues back in May.

I normally would agree with you, but many around here seem to think these owners knew there would be a lockout. That's obviously hard to prove, but after reading up on the issue, it seems that way.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Of course you don't buy it. Your agenda's been pretty clear for years, so it's hard to take you seriously. You said the same shit when the Lakers were winning titles, so you're just steadfastly sticking to your guns now that the team is older/downgraded. :lol

If you think McRoberts, Murphy, Blake, Fisher, Artest, and Barnes constitute adequate perimeter talent, then perhaps you should follow a sport that's a little more simple--like soccer.

I hope that helps.

Nice try, I'm talking basketball today.

JamStone
Jam, this is just Laker fan over-reaction to their team not being the clear cut favorite. Their roster certainly has flaws, but it's a new coach, new system and somewhat new team in a lockout year. Bumps are to be expected. The fact is, like a few have said, they have 2 top 10 bigs and Kobe. They are dangerous. They also have guys who are known shooters.

The Lakers are not a sub 500 team. It's not like they're the Knicks pre-Lin era. They have struggled, most notably on the road. But they still have a winning record, and they haven't played that horribly. That's with THE LEAGUE'S WORST BENCH. I think that's more of an issue than the coaching and new system. Good to great teams need production off the bench to have success. The Lakers aren't getting it. And beyond those top 3 guys, Kobe, Pau, and Bynum, they are getting little to no production at two positions (PG and SF). Their depth of talent is the biggest problem they have. And I'm not arguing Mike Brown is doing a good job. But there are more serious issues than him.

DPG21920
Also, lol Kool stealing other posters takes and bringing them here as his own :lol

baseline bum
02-12-2012, 02:12 PM
That has been a problem BEFORE kobe or when as many here have pointed out back when shaq was the the main man on the Lakers.

1. Mitch Richmond
2. Terry Teagle
3. Glen Rice
4. Lindsey Hunter
5. J.R. Rider
6. Artest
7. Rick fox

And Kapono and the rookie Godlock are still shooting fine. Like i said their issue is they give up whatever they score on the other end. Bynum though a fine paint defender doesnt cover ground like Dwight where he can make up for slowfooted white guys getting beat on the perimeter.

They asked Rice to be a spot-up shooter when his game was to come off lots of screens like Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, or Rip Hamilton. Then Richmond never looked healthy that season. And Rider was just a cancer.

Killakobe81
This is just flat out not true and it's a case of spoiled Laker fan (no offense, you should be spoiled when your team is always stacked) distorting reality. The fact is it's their averages. The bigs have constantly put up eye popping production in nearly every game combined, many times with it being evenly distributed. They also bail LA out constantly on Kobe misses with put backs. How many game winners or last second shots, just this year, has Kobe missed and Bynum put back in at a critical moment?

They aren't just beating up weak front lines, they are playing very well against pretty much everyone.

You are reaching I didnt say it was ALL against weak frontlines, I said MOSTLY ...
Pau and Drew played great against Celts. But what great center do they have? KG is still a great defender but too light for Drew ... and O'neal has shot knees. What were the numbers against Dwight? Probably the best frontlines the Lakers have dominated have been Memphis and Denver but Zbo is mising from the Grizz and Denver has no real PF next to Nene .. they should.

Knicks, Bulls, Mavs, have all mitigated our size and it's not just because Kobe shoots a lot. Bynum is ineffective when he cant back his man down and physical defense bothers Pau, that is no breaking news.

Just admit my worthy adversary you are wrong about the Lakers.

DeadlyDynasty
Nice try, I'm talking basketball today.

link?

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
The Lakers are not a sub 500 team. It's not like they're the Knicks pre-Lin era. They have struggled, most notably on the road. But they still have a winning record, and they haven't played that horribly. That's with THE LEAGUE'S WORST BENCH. I think that's more of an issue than the coaching and new system. Good to great teams need production off the bench to have success. The Lakers aren't getting it. And beyond those top 3 guys, Kobe, Pau, and Bynum, they are getting little to no production at two positions (PG and SF). Their depth of talent is the biggest problem they have. And I'm not arguing Mike Brown is doing a good job. But there are more serious issues than him.

I agree with you. I'm not bashing LA, I've agreed with what you've said and I really said all this first even when they started off slow. LA is still a very dangerous team despite their flaws, especially in a West where no one is dominant.

Hell, I've been one of the most critical posters about the Spurs and their chances and even I now think the Spurs have a decent shot at making it out of the West.

JamStone
I normally would agree with you, but many around here seem to think these owners knew there would be a lockout. That's obviously hard to prove, but after reading up on the issue, it seems that way.

Perhaps, but there was also a notion that many owners believed there wouldn't be a season at all. And if that was the thought, you might as well go with the guy you're committing to longterm, not a lame duck coach in the chance that there's a shortened season.

pass1st
LAL has time to get their shit together, so they are still question marks. Theoretically, they can field a brilliant team because of their front court being solid and the addition of people like McRoberts equates to having a decent bench.

Truth be told, the only hard weakness the team has is the PG spot. At its current state, the team is simply in shambles. Although, it's harder to see the Spurs making finals that LAL. Spurs would fall apart if Duncan couldn't produce. Lakers do better if Kobe restricts his possession of the ball and takes less shots.

That being said, all the teams except Nugs, Clips and OkC should throw in the towel with OP logic

Koolaid_Man

I hope that helps.

go ahead Deads and fucking eat his ass out...he deserves it:lol

LQlY28K7HTo

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:14 PM
My bad, I meant mostly ...didnt write that, my apologies ...DPG. But no need to take that so literal .... You know I am not a stat guy like you are, but look up the numbers aginst the better defensive teams, and I bet that I am not far off.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
You are reaching I didnt say it was ALL against weak frontlines, I said MOSTLY ...
Pau and Drew played great against Celts. But what great center do they have? KG is still a great defender but too light for Drew ... and O'neal has shot knees. What were the numbers against Dwight? Probably the best frontlines the Lakers have dominated have been Memphis and Denver but Zbo is mising from the Grizz and Denver has no real PF next to Nene .. they should.

Knicks, Bulls, Mavs, have all mitigated our size and it's not just because Kobe shoots a lot. Bynum is ineffective when he cant back his man down and physical defense bothers Pau, that is no breaking news.

Just admit my worthy adversary you are wrong about the Lakers.

:lol It's not reaching to call someone out on the semantic differences between saying "all" vs "mostly". Either way you slice it, that is wrong in my very humble opinion. Laker fans bashing their front line is ludicrous to me. Like a Spur fan bashing TP's overall contributions to the Spurs.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Also, lol Kool stealing other posters takes and bringing them here as his own :lol

I've always done that :lol I don't work are you kidding me :hat

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm truly sorry you are pink, Kool. I really mean that. I tried to save you from yourself but you wouldn't listen to me nearly a year ago. I didn't want you to be punished, I wanted you to make the decision on your own to do the right things.

- DPG

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I love how folks are saying the Lakers are contenders based on how mediocre the West maybe ...that shit doesnt matter. Spurs may not have a better big 3 but I would punch an infant to have Green, Neal Splitter and even Bonner. Those guys dont get a ton of FGA's but they make them when they do.

The excuse that Kobe is breaking the rhythmn sounds good for the haters but the laker shooters get plenty of looks as most teams are at LEAST doubling Kobe, and Knicks and Celts have doubled Drew as well. We have the WORST 3pft FG% in the NBA ...many on open shots. You can't blame Brown or kobe for that.

And I don't like Brown never wanted him. And agree should of went with shaw in a shortened season, but that is making the assumption team knew lockout would last that long.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Laker fans saying they wish they had Bonner is a new low when they are trying to look for reasons to hate on their team because they aren't clear cut favorites.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm truly sorry you are pink, Kool. I really mean that. I tried to save you from yourself but you wouldn't listen to me nearly a year ago. I didn't want you to be punished, I wanted you to make the decision on your own to do the right things.

- DPG

-GfscmQoqaE

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM
As an aside: lol

NBPA @TheNBPA

Jeremy Lin Destroys Notion That Asians Can't Drive - Forbes

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Kool is lashing out at me for catching him stealing other posters takes and for making him pink. Let's just stick to basketball. Go to LG and get some more takes.

Dunc n Dave
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM

1. Mitch Richmond
2. Terry Teagle
3. Glen Rice
4. Lindsey Hunter
5. J.R. Rider
6. Artest
7. Rick fox

This is the pressure of the big city making good players look mediocre. Same thing happened to guys like Roger Mason Jr when he went to the Knicks. Some guys can't handle their games being under the daily microscope of the New York and L.A. media and wilt under pressure.

It takes balls of steel to excel in L.A and NY... Guys like Horry and John Starks come to mind. Those guys didn't care about the media (or shot selection, in Starks' case), they just went balls to the wall.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
:lol It's not reaching to call someone out on the semantic differences between saying "all" vs "mostly". Either way you slice it, that is wrong in my very humble opinion. Laker fans bashing their front line is ludicrous to me. Like a Spur fan bashing TP's overall contributions to the Spurs.

I never said all you implied it because I did not define it. I said againt weak frontlines, obviously since those are averages SOME has to come against better teams.

Who is bashing? The post Kool displayed says that Pau holds the ball too long on offense. ANYONE who has watched Laker games going back to last year's playoffs, would agree with this. Bynum struggles with double teams (though he has gotten better) and with scoring over guys who he does not have a clear advantage on in height or weight ...do you disagree with any of this?

I get you would love for Kobe to facilitate or have some issue with kobe ...but the bottom line is how can a team with a bench this shitty with a schedule this hectic is supposed to win? In the Bigs defense, I think they were tired against the Knicks. They played great aginst the Celts. OT killed their legs. But that is also why we have to rely on Kobe because he has the stamina to bring it night in and night out. where I blame Brown, why not use McRoberst for energy and hustle to limit the bigs minutes a bit, especially on back to backs? Mcroberst should get a few mins at backup center ...

Browns rotations have been horrible. But again the roster is flawed, So I have to give him some slack.

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
LAL has time to get their shit together, so they are still question marks. Theoretically, they can field a brilliant team because of their front court being solid and the addition of people like McRoberts equates to having a decent bench.

Truth be told, the only hard weakness the team has is the PG spot. At its current state, the team is simply in shambles. Although, it's harder to see the Spurs making finals that LAL. Spurs would fall apart if Duncan couldn't produce. Lakers do better if Kobe restricts his possession of the ball and takes less shots.

That being said, all the teams except Nugs, Clips and OkC should throw in the towel with OP logic

Spurs were doing pretty well while Duncan was averaging something like 9pts and 6/7 rbds per game, tbh.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Laker fans saying they wish they had Bonner is a new low when they are trying to look for reasons to hate on their team because they aren't clear cut favorites.

I said heck, even Bonner because he can shoot.

Related:
Raptors announcers just said: Bynum has 2 points and no rebounds since Magloire switched on him. Jamal Magloire.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Dude, you are looking at one game. Look at game, by game. Bynum and Pau do very well most of the time.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
I can point to numerous times where the announcers kill Kobe for his fg% and ball hogging at times and you don't agree with that. Even in this game, Kobe passed to Bynum and the announcers both said "see, that is something that needs to happen more. Kobe goes away from them...."

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
The thing DPG doesnt get is I don't want to "bash" my bigs. I don't give two shits about Kobe's legacy or defending Brown. No I dont want us to be clear favorites I dont think we were clear favorites when we went to 3 of the last 4 Finals. But we were CONTENDERS no we are not. I ACCEPT that, but you for some reason want to elevate us there based on some ulterior motives ...

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Dude, you are looking at one game. Look at game, by game. Bynum and Pau do very well most of the time.

R2YrTxfbToM

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I can point to numerous times where the announcers kill Kobe for his fg% and ball hogging at times and you don't agree with that. Even in this game, Kobe passed to Bynum and the announcers both said "see, that is something that needs to happen more. Kobe goes away from them...."

I agree, that they should go to them more. Especially Pau. Not disagreeing with that. But if you watch this game the 2nd half is starting with them going to Drew and Pau on 3 straight possesions and what happened, DPG?

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
and where did I say I agre with Kobe ball hogging? All i said you guys are obsessed with FGA's ...cuz many on here post LOL 28 shot attempts without WATCHING the game. Look at my post after the Philly game I blamed that ALL on Kobe.

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree, that they should go to them more. Especially Pau. Not disagreeing with that. But if you watch this game the 2nd half is starting with them going to Drew and Pau on 3 straight possesions and what happened, DPG?

Again with the small sample size.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:36 PM
and where did I say I agre with Kobe ball hogging? All i said you guys are obsessed with FGA's ...cuz many on here post LOL 28 shot attempts without WATCHING the game. Look at my post after the Philly game I blamed that ALL on Kobe.

dude..chill out my man..my only issue with you at times is that you spend too much time going back and forth with a shrimp...you're supposed to skewer that shrimp dawg...:lol

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Again with the small sample size.

I agree, small sample size. But I have missed maybe 2 lakers games all season. How many have you or DPG watched?

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Fuck, firstrow is out?

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I agree, small sample size. But I have missed maybe 2 lakers games all season. How many have you or DPG watched?

Probably like half of their games, enough to know what's up with them.

ElNono
Fuck, firstrow is out?

.eu works

DPG21920
The thing DPG doesnt get is I don't want to "bash" my bigs. I don't give two shits about Kobe's legacy or defending Brown. No I dont want us to be clear favorites I dont think we were clear favorites when we went to 3 of the last 4 Finals. But we were CONTENDERS no we are not. I ACCEPT that, but you for some reason want to elevate us there based on some ulterior motives ...

There are no motives :lol. I said adamantly last year the Spurs weren't contenders and nothing changed for them either. Their roster is the same minus Hill + Kawhi. However, after looking at things this year, I've changed my tune. Spurs aren't any where close to a favorite, but they are a contender because the West is open.

It's not just you bashing the bigs, its that post Kool copied as his own that shows the mindset. It only highlights all the things wrong that Pau/Bynum do and nothing they do well while leaving Kobe/Brown out of it.

Like it or not, I'm giving you my honest opinion that I think even with a limited roster, LA can make it out of the West. That makes them a contender to me.

DAF86
I think I've seen more Lakers games than Spurs ones.

Killakobe81
dude..chill out my man..my only issue with you at times is that you spend too much time going back and forth with a shrimp...you're supposed to skewer that shrimp dawg...:lol

Kool you cool but I fight my own battles my own way. I have no problem going back and forth and I dont give two shits about trolling. DPG, is my huckleberry and we dance on here constantly ...

Muser
02-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Close game against the Raps.

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:39 PM
.eu works

Don't know that site. link or full name?

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM

They are struggling today no doubt. Toronto is playing with great energy and even guys like Magloire can have good moments. He's not a complete scrub all the time (made an all-star team once IIRC).

You know I watch the games before I comment.

Killakobe81
Pau airball ...
Magloire outworking Bynum ...

Spurs are more of a contender than Lakers but neither are winning the West ...

DPG21920

Really? Why are you acting like you don't see me in almost every LA game blog?

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Probably like half of their games, enough to know what's up with them.

:lol no life living fuck..I could care less whats happening with the gotdam Spurs....all I need to troll for is the box score that shows Timmy at 10 / 6 :lol

Muser
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Pau airball ...
Magloire outworking Bynum ...

Spurs are more of a contender than Lakers but neither are winning the West ...

There are 4 or 5 teams that can win the west as long as Westbrook plays.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Really? Why are you acting like you don't see me in almost every LA game blog?

That was more for others than you, DPG. But I wa sjust curious because you claimed they mostly have played well yet Pau got left off the the all-star team.

And for good reason ...

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Kool you cool but I fight my own battles my own way. I have no problem going back and forth and I dont give two shits about trolling. DPG, is my huckleberry and we dance on here constantly ...

that's cool..may I suggest you sit your beer mug on top of his head while you tango...take a sip ere now and then :lol

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:44 PM
:lol no life living fuck..I could care less whats happening with the gotdam Spurs....all I need to troll for is the box score that shows Timmy at 10 / 6 :lol

Says the guy with 16 posts per day :lol

I study, I work, I have real life friends and a girlfriend. I doubt you do/have any of that.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Spurs could win the west (I stated so in a thread in the main forum), but they have absolutely no chance at an NBA title for 3 very obvious reasons.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
That was more for others than you, DPG. But I wa sjust curious because you claimed they mostly have played well yet Pau got left off the the all-star team.

And for good reason ...

They have played well, especially when you look at the aggregate (combine their production every night). That doesn't mean Pau's an "all-star", but he's clearly an elite player.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Wow, Blake follows a great feed to Pau with a blown 3 on 2 fastbreak ...

Blake is a solid backup but plays starter minutes for us ...

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I also said they may have a WCF run in them, said that upstairs as well. But to me CONTENDER means you have a legit chance to win a title.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow, Blake follows a great feed to Pau with a blown 3 on 2 fastbreak ...

Blake is a solid backup but plays starter minutes for us ...

DPG is trolling you... even that little biscuit head knows better than the shit he spits

DAF86
If you make the NBA finals you have a legit chance to win a title.

Killakobe81
They have played well, especially when you look at the aggregate (combine their production every night). That doesn't mean Pau's an "all-star", but he's clearly an elite player.

Stats can be empty. Watch the games. Yes, they rebound well, very well. And they do protect the paint. But they suck on pnr defense and in defensive rotations, FT line extended.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Says the guy with 16 posts per day :lol

I study, I work, I have real life friends and a girlfriend. I doubt you do/have any of that.

:lmao and this one time in band camp.....:lol

Muser
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Spurs could win the west (I stated so in a thread in the main forum), but they have absolutely no chance at an NBA title for 3 very obvious reasons.

I wouldn't say no chance but it would be a very, very slim one.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
If you make the NBA finals you have a legit chance to win a title.

Thanks Yogi Berra. No, you don't.

The 2007 Cavs were the worst team in NBA Finals history and had no chance from the outset. Both Nets teams sucked balls in 02 and 03 compared to their western counterparts. The Bulls opponents were predictably defeated every time Chicago was threatened. The list goes on...

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
They are good when they have clear height or size (weight) advantages but are mediocre when they do not offensively. They are the primary reason our defense has improved. But I just dont know that more touches would reap better results against better competition.

A better PG, that would have the balls to go away from Kobe when needed, and would create dunks for Bynum would mean a world of difference.

DPG21920

They have a slim chance at actually winning it all, but I agree with what you are saying. There are still contenders in my mind because of that. You may not agree, but I'm not blowing smoke when I say I think LA is a contender with that in mind.

I would love to bash LA, but I'm not a homer and I truly believe they have enough talent to make it to the finals even if they aren't the favorites.

DeadlyDynasty
I wouldn't say no chance but it would be a very, very slim one.

Only if their opponent has significant injuries.

Pelicans78
DPG is trolling you... even that little biscuit head knows better than the shit he spits

I agree. He's just trolling right now.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 02:53 PM

quite an odd statement Deads...if they Win the West that means by default they have a chance at an NBA title...:lol

DAF86
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
:lmao and this one time in band camp.....:lol

Yeah, that's what I thought :lol

DPG21920
I'm not trolling. I also had to tell you how to run your team Hornets78 when you were panicking :lol

DeadlyDynasty
They have a slim chance at actually winning it all, but I agree with what you are saying. There are still contenders in my mind because of that. You may not agree, but I'm not blowing smoke when I say I think LA is a contender with that in mind.

I would love to bash LA, but I'm not a homer and I truly believe they have enough talent to make it to the finals even if they aren't the favorites.

I agree, LA could make the finals. SA could make the finals. The Clippers could. Portland and OKC the same. The west is just wholly unspectacular.

A healthy Heat team would crush any of those teams though, especially with the motivation coming off last year's Finals debacle.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Calderon 20 points, Im guessing EVERY PG in the NBA is circling us on the schedule :rollin

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not trolling. I also had to tell you how to run your team Hornets78 when you were panicking :lol

And I had to explain to you why the Mavs were a better team with Tyson Chandler when I predicted them to win the West even though you felt Butler's loss was more impactful than Chandler's addition.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't disagree fully with that, DD. You are getting hung up on my definition of contender vs yours. My opinion may not be yours, but it's not like I'm in left field with my definition of contender.

I thought Dallas, a team with no one who could slash and create for themselves (outside of Dirk), who relied solely on perimeter jump-shooting against the best perimeter defensive team in the league had no shot, but Lebron choked.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
quite an odd statement Deads...if they Win the West that means by default they have a chance at an NBA title...:lol

Not when you're giving major minutes to:

1. A ginger who can't defend or hit shots in the playoffs

2. An undersized fat-ass who has no real position or purpose on the court.

3. A guy who figuratively sucks cock on the court, and literally sucks cock off it.

Deep down Spurs fans know this to be true, despite the veil of optimism they try to maintain.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
And I had to explain to you why the Mavs were a better team with Tyson Chandler when I predicted them to win the West even though you felt Butler's loss was more impactful than Chandler's addition.

I never argued the Mavs weren't a better team with Tyson. I said I thought they were the favorites when fully healthy and I thought the Caron injury changed that.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM

I give two shits if he is trolling or not. To me that is an excuse people use on here when they are wrong. Im taking him at face value, and when we get rolled out of the 1st or 2nd round, I will remind him of it. He loves to crow when he is right, he just said he is NOT trolling.

But of course he is gonna blame it on Kobe, when even Kobehaters like Harlem have started to realize how flawed this team is.

DAF86
Thanks Yogi Berra. No, you don't.

The 2007 Cavs were the worst team in NBA Finals history and had no chance from the outset. Both Nets teams sucked balls in 02 and 03 compared to their western counterparts. The Bulls opponents were predictably defeated every time Chicago was threatened. The list goes on...

If the Pistons would have lost to LA in 2004 or the Mavericks to the Heat last season you would have them in your list of "non-contenders teams that made the finals". I don't care what you think, If you make the NBA finals you're a title contender.

MavDynasty

3. A guy who figuratively sucks cock on the court, and literally sucks cock off it.

Deep down Spurs fans know this to be true, despite the veil of optimism they try to maintain.

:lmao the goods

Pelicans78
I don't disagree fully with that, DD. You are getting hung up on my definition of contender vs yours. My opinion may not be yours, but it's not like I'm in left field with my definition of contender.

I thought Dallas, a team with no one who could slash and create for themselves (outside of Dirk), who relied solely on perimeter jump-shooting against the best perimeter defensive team in the league had no shot, but Lebron choked.

Chandler made them much better offensively since he could function in a pick n roll.

Lebron may have choked, but Dallas's defense played well, especially with Chandler. Also, the Mavs had way more depth than the Heat.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
I agree, LA could make the finals. SA could make the finals. The Clippers could. Portland and OKC the same. The west is just wholly unspectacular.

A healthy Heat team would crush any of those teams though, especially with the motivation coming off last year's Finals debacle.

Seriously?

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
In to bynum, to start the 4th.
AAron Gray on him. Davis came over late, but the shot had no chance. Look I like Bynum. But drew is not ready to be the focal point of an offense especially one with no high quality PGs

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:03 PM

I hear ya, brotha...and not to sound like an arrogant asshole but as a Lakerfan my idea of contender is a team that can win it all, not Place or Show. If this was the NFL or March Madness our teams would have a chance--but this is 7 games.

The Finals last year was an anomaly. In fact, 2011 and 2006 are the only years I can remember in the NBA where the better team lost because of unfathomable chokage.

Pelicans78
Seriously?

Its possible, if other guys get hot and make 3's or if Kobe consistently goes off, but it's not likely.

Gasol's not great, but he does need a bit more touches as he's their most efficient player offensively.

Koolaid_Man
Calderon 20 points, Im guessing EVERY PG in the NBA is circling us on the schedule :rollin

you betta know it...licking they chops at Fisher, Blake, and Glock...we're in bad spot because we cover all the colors of the spectrum..The oldest PG ( playing) in Fisher, to a Rookie in Glock, to a scared white boy running the show...Trust me when I say this but Kobe despises Blake you can see it on his face. He has more respect for Glock as a rookie...because at least Glock will shoot it...and Kobe's just always gonna be flat out loyal to Fish no matter what...they came in together...it's a true Love story

MlW_0mxRym8

DPG21920
I give two shits if he is trolling or not. To me that is an excuse people use on here when they are wrong. Im taking him at face value, and when we get rolled out of the 1st or 2nd round, I will remind him of it. He loves to crow when he is right, he just said he is NOT trolling.

But of course he is gonna blame it on Kobe, when even Kobehaters like Harlem have started to realize how flawed this team is.

You're missing my point entirely. I fully acknowledged this team has flaws. I still think they are a contender to make it out of the West legitimately (there are a few teams in the West that are true contenders IMO: OKC, SA, LA, DAL & POR).

They very well could get rolled out in the first or second round but that wouldn't change my opinion that they had a legit shot. When there are no clear cut favorites, it's going to be a close run and many times there is a fine line between winning and losing when things are jumbled up like this.

I don't love to crow when I'm right. I rarely ever start threads, I bring it up occasionally when provoked & that's about it. I certainly show up when I'm wrong and admit it (paid $500 on a lost bet about the Mavs after being welshed on) and people love to come at me when I'm wrong far more than I crow when I'm right.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Chandler made them much better offensively since he could function in a pick n roll.

Lebron may have choked, but Dallas's defense played well, especially with Chandler. Also, the Mavs had way more depth than the Heat.

Ok, but no one (outside of Mav fans) was really having DAL as a favorite and there is no question that if Lebron just plays to his averages, MIA wins.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
BTW DPG, I never said Dallas was gonna win it all. I just said they were gonna win the West because of Chandler which you disagreed with. Don't change the subject by bringing up Lebron. This is about winning the West. You said losing Butler would hurt the Mavs more than Chandler would help. Obviously, you were wrong about dem Mavs.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

manu>dirk

thanks for the great takes, as always.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM

so that means they have a chance you just don't like the odds...ask yourself what were the odds of your sperm head reaching that egg to fertilize it...even though it was like one in 10 million you still had a chance :lol

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
In to bynum, to start the 4th.
AAron Gray on him. Davis came over late, but the shot had no chance. Look I like Bynum. But drew is not ready to be the focal point of an offense especially one with no high quality PGs

Its true. He's no more reliable offensively than Kobe.

The key for the Lakers is Gasol. If he doesn't step up, they have no chance. We saw last year in the playoffs.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:07 PM
so that means they have a chance you just don't like the odds...ask yourself what were the odds of your sperm head reaching that egg to fertilize it...even though it was like one in 10 million you still had a chance :lol

The Nazi harborer will be happy to know he has someone in his corner now.:lol

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
BTW DPG, I never said Dallas was gonna win it all. I just said they were gonna win the West because of Chandler which you disagreed with. Don't change the subject by bringing up Lebron. This is about winning the West. You said losing Butler would hurt the Mavs more than Chandler would help. Obviously, you were wrong about dem Mavs.

This is true. If you remember, I was one of the most vocal about the positive nature of trading for Chandler even when Mavs fans were jumping off cliffs because they used the Damp Chip on Tyson.

I overplayed how big of a deal Caron was for a team like Dallas. I had never in the history of the game seen a team built like Dallas win a title with that type of offense.

DAF86
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
manu>dirk

thanks for the great takes, as always.

Was that supossed to be funny, make me mad or be interpreted as proof that you don't have anymore arguments regarding this subject?

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:09 PM
A good big man, always wants a good PG or an unselfish wing player. Kobe may not be completely selfish, but I get why Dwill is his preferred #2 ...

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:11 PM
2006 may have been more shocking. Not because of the 2-0 lead and Game 3 comeback, but b/c the Heat won with White Chocolate and Antoine Walker, and getting crap production out of Shaq in that series.

Killakobe81
This is true. If you remember, I was one of the most vocal about the positive nature of trading for Chandler even when Mavs fans were jumping off cliffs because they used the Damp Chip on Tyson.

I overplayed how big of a deal Caron was for a team like Dallas. I had never in the history of the game seen a team built like Dallas win a title with that type of offense.

And they shouldn't have. If Lebron is Lebron to cloe out that series, Mavs still ringless. Lebron no matter how many titles he ends up with ...will have left one on the table ...

DPG21920
My point is Killa, that whether or not you want to microscope your bigs, the expectations are crazy and bashing them is silly considering in what most Laker fans would call a bad game, your bigs are combined for 26 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks on 50% FG.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Even a PG like Calderon would do wonders for LA. They don't need a lot to really jump up their chances IMO.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:13 PM
BTW, I would do Pau for Parker right now.

Muser

:tu

Koolaid_Man
My point is Killa, that whether or not you want to microscope your bigs, the expectations are crazy and bashing them is silly considering in what most Laker fans would call a bad game, your bigs are combined for 26 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks on 50% FG.

horrible horrible horrible combined stats for allegedly two of best bigs in the game...but I can see how a man of your stature would think they're big

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Was that supossed to be funny, make me mad or be interpreted as proof that you don't have anymore arguments regarding this subject?

Here's your entire argument, you Nazi cumchugger: "They have a chance!:cry:cry:cry"--literally, that's your argument in this thread (go back and look).

Thanks for that great revelation, Scotty. Yeah...LeBron could break his ankle or the team plane could go down. There, that's your chance.

Fuck off and find another argument other than semantics.

Till then, manu>dirk

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:15 PM

I'm just glad you know more about the Lakers than you do the Spurs...

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
And they shouldn't have. If Lebron is Lebron to cloe out that series, Mavs still ringless. Lebron no matter how many titles he ends up with ...will have left one on the table ...

But Lebron is Lebron. Not a reliable perimeter game, not a reliable post game. Just a super athletic ball handler. Mavs knew that. Plus, Wade didn't deliver either. Mavs earned that title.

Muser
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM

I'm interested, what is lakerfans opinion on this?

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Mavs earned it for sure, but LeBron tripped on his dick repeatedly and choked like no other. It's one thing to shoot like shit (6-24) but keep gunning. It's quite another to know you're the best player on the court but refuse to touch the ball in the waning moments of the Finals.

If LeBron wasn't so mentally weak that Finals goes to Miami. I think he's grown a lot since then, though

Pelicans78
I still think Pau is more important than Kobe. Kobe is just a high volume scorer at this point. Those guys don't really make big impacts offensively. Lakers would be better with Bynum/Gasol/Paul than Bynum/Kobe/Paul.

Killakobe81

And my point is DPG, why does it bother you that some Laker fans are hard on our bigs? You do realize we are a franchise of: Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq. I get that is a high standard. But trust me our bigs are good relative to this era. But Pau makes like 3 less ASGs in the 80's/90's Bynum would still have none.

I dont get why everyone upstairs shits on Popovich. YOur own teams fans are gonna have some of the harshest critics and biggest homers. You know me and my style, I'm no homer. I may be a little harsh, but just calling what I see. I dont see a CONTENDER to me a contender is a Conference finals team that has a legit shot at winning it all. I think spurs make WCF but dont see them winning it, tough for me to see the Lakers in the WCF ...

DPG21920
But Lebron is Lebron. Not a reliable perimeter game, not a reliable post game. Just a super athletic ball handler. Mavs knew that. Plus, Wade didn't deliver either. Mavs earned that title.

No one is saying the Mavs didn't earn it. They played incredible. I think people are saying that throwing "you were wrong about the Mavs" out there is kind of crazy considering the circumstances.

Doesn't change the fact I was wrong, but it was one of the most incredible title runs the NBA has ever seen IMO.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm interested, what is lakerfans opinion on this?

Doesn't move the mercury, tbh. For either team...

DPG21920
And my point is DPG, why does it bother you that some Laker fans are hard on our bigs? You do realize we are a franchise of: Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq. I get that is a high standard. But trust me our bigs are good relative to this era. But Pau makes like 3 less ASGs in the 80's/90's Bynum would still have none.

I dont get why everyone upstairs shits on Popovich. YOur own teams fans are gonna have some of the harshest critics and biggest homers. You know me and my style, I'm no homer. I may be a little harsh, but just calling what I see. I dont see a CONTENDER to me a contender is a Conference finals team that has a legit shot at winning it all. I think spurs make WCF but dont see them winning it, tough for me to see the Lakers in the WCF ...

I get that, I just think it's Laker fans reaction to not having the clear cut favorite team is what I'm saying.

Pelicans78
Mavs earned it for sure, but LeBron tripped on his dick repeatedly and choked like no other. It's one thing to shoot like shit (6-24) but keep gunning. It's quite another to know you're the best player on the court but refuse to touch the ball in the waning moments of the Finals.

If LeBron wasn't so mentally weak that Finals goes to Miami. I think he's grown a lot since then, though

But hasn't Lebron always been mentally weak? I'd say Kobe's performance in the 2004 Finals was just as bad because he basically shot the Lakers out of a chance to win the championship and he didn't seem to care about it.

Killakobe81
Lakers getting ready to lose to the Raptors with horrible aggregate numbers for those deadly big men we have ...

Dont get me wrong give them a better PG they would be better, but we don't have that now ...

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
DPG was wrong bout me and wrong bout them mavs, anything else is pure revisionist history :rolleyes

:lol

DAF86
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Here's your entire argument, you Nazi cumchugger: "They have a chance!:cry:cry:cry"--literally, that's your argument in this thread (go back and look).

Thanks for that great revelation, Scotty. Yeah...LeBron could break his ankle or the team plane could go down. There, that's your chance.

Fuck off and find another argument other than semantics.

Till then, manu>dirk

To have that chance first they have to win the West, and they're capable of doing that. That's the whole point, you internet name calling badass.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
No one is saying the Mavs didn't earn it. They played incredible. I think people are saying that throwing "you were wrong about the Mavs" out there is kind of crazy considering the circumstances.

Doesn't change the fact I was wrong, but it was one of the most incredible title runs the NBA has ever seen IMO.

Gotta stick up for my boy, here.
No one saw what the Mavs were gonna do. Sure they had talent, but many of the previous Mavs teams did too ...plus Lebron and Wade were on the same team in the FINALS. of course, they should of won ...

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Season high for opposing PG's in back2back games ...

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I still think Pau is more important than Kobe. Kobe is just a high volume scorer at this point. Those guys don't really make big impacts offensively. Lakers would be better with Bynum/Gasol/Paul than Bynum/Kobe/Paul.

and Rick Perry still can't remember what 3 government agencies he'd cut so what's your point exactly..:lol

tuTufVOaF0w

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Only thing I'll say to mavs>spurs (lol trying to dog me while privately asking me for guidance on life decisions :lol)

You are done for the year, you were wrong about Tyson Chandler staying with the Mavs :lol

You were wrong about the Mavs last year :lol

:lol Saying you needed Gerald Wallace to win a title if you were Dallas

Pelicans78
Kobe still shouldn't shoot 7-21 and make it seem routine. He's a part of the problem as well.

ChrisRichards
:lol losing against the Raptors with an 18 point lead :lol

Kobe's teammates just raised the white flag since Kobe has no intention of playing winning ball this year.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
To have that chance first they have to win the West, and they're capable of doing that.

I said the entire time they were capable of winning the west...what the fuck is wrong with you?

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Kobe still shouldn't shoot 7-21 and make it seem routine. He's a part of the problem as well.

I agree he has had some bad nights especially in Philly. But Kobe has been one of teh reason we are above .500 ...

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Kobe heard Hornets78 ...3 followed by the steal and the assist ...

ChrisRichards
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Kobe's a huge problem. Kobe is their best playmaker. If this guy would just put his ego on check, take 5 less shots a game and establish a post game the Lakers are easily a +7 win team instead of the mess they are in now.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Pau has been the most important piece to the lakers title runs since joining the team..anyone but blind kobe dickriders can see this. dude was always efficient as hell. During 08 and 09 his typical playoff statlines were like 10-12 shooting, 25 points 12 boards 2 blocks. dude was efficient as FUCK and could have put up monster numbers if kobe wasn't so selfish.

:lmao

Tyson Chandler (real one) disagrees
Perkins too

DAF86
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I said the entire time they were capable of winning the west...what the fuck is wrong with you?

If they win the West they're contenders, you say that's not the case. That's what I'm arguing.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Pau has been the most important piece to the lakers title runs since joining the team..anyone but blind kobe dickriders can see this. dude was always efficient as hell. During 08 and 09 his typical playoff statlines were like 10-12 shooting, 25 points 12 boards 2 blocks. dude was efficient as FUCK and could have put up monster numbers if kobe wasn't so selfish.

Tyson - I love me some you another man will never do :lol

0AsPIGkPtKM

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
LOL Jose Calderon, who I agree DPG could help us but his contract sucks and his defense does too ...

30 points!!!! potential game winner ...

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree he has had some bad nights especially in Philly. But Kobe has been one of teh reason we are above .500 ...

But he hasn't been any more important than Gasol or Bynum. They've pretty much been equally responsible for the Lakers success or lack of success at times.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
M>S speaking the truth.

Killakobe81
If Brown is smart, he runs this play AWAY from Kobe initially then come back to Kobe ...at the end ...

If they go straight to Kobe, they will lose. They will send the double and Blake or someone will miss.

DeadlyDynasty
If they win the West they're contenders, you say that's not the case. That's what I'm arguing.

Ok, then they're like the 2007 Cavs or 2002 Nets were contenders.

Happy?

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
lol every team has a shot against this Lakers...

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Can we get some defense?

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
But he hasn't been any more important than Gasol or Bynum. They've pretty much been equally responsible for the Lakers success or lack of success at times.

let me parrot again

Fireball
Kobe took two steps before putting the ball on the floor ...

Killakobe81
lol every team has a shot against this Lakers...

NO shit, that is why they are NOT contenders ...thank you.

To be honest, though we have struggled in Toronto even with title teams ...

ElNono
:lmao Toronto

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
you thought i was kool aid man you idiot, kori came in and proved you wrong and made you look like an idiot. you were also running around causing mayhem by intentionally getting things crossed and made a poster have to delete his photobucket by spamming his shit around. you're an idiot basically, and have even less room than me. i was on the mavs wagon since the first month of the regular season, we had to drag you all the way into june kicking and screaming.

Nope, you quit. You bashed the Tyson trade, tried to crawl back in, quit again, were wrong about Gerald Wallace being the missing piece and then were wrong about Tyson for the second time in as many years :lol

I didn't think you were kool, I made you look like an idiot by trolling the shit out of you with it since I know this is your life and you even started multiple threads asking Kori to come to your rescue :lmao

Then you were stalking ST posters by gathering their info and keeping pictures of their family.

If I'm an idiot, what does that make you for asking me to give you advice on what to do with your life :lmao

"Hey, I know I'm a douche on ST, but I'm a really nice smart guy and I would like your help on how to navigate my way through college. Thanks bro" :lmao

Muser
That has to be the most retarded piece of basketball i've ever seen.

Killakobe81
LOL refs taking away the ending of the game ...

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
let me parrot again

Maybe they should have traded Kobe for CP3.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
:lol Kirby making it a game

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:37 PM
:lol Now Kool has to put in there that he is parroting.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Will Calderon deliver? :lol

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:38 PM
As clutch as Kobe has been tonight that FT miss was huge ...

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:38 PM
that's game

midnightpulp
02-12-2012, 03:39 PM
As clutch as Kobe has been tonight that FT miss was huge ...

Clutch? Lololol.

Played like shit today.

Koolaid_Man
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
:lol Now Kool has to put in there that he is parroting.

I'm glad you feel me so deeply :lol....re-read my OP on this subject...I don't consider my self an elite fan...I'm part of Laker Brass...El Presidente..I only get my hands dirty ere now and then...

Killakobe81
at least ron can play defense ...

DPG21920
I was wrong about the tyson trade when the news first broke but was actually the first person to say that we had a decent shot at winning a championship. In your words "we had absolutely no chance" and we would argue about this. I was on board with this team since after the first several weeks of the regular season. You? you were in denial until the final buzzer sounded, then all that denial turned to anger. You're still mad as fuck, but no matter what you say you were wrong about them mavs, WAY WAY more wrong than I or anyone else ever was. You tried to say we "had NO shot at all," you sissy bitch you.

So you were wrong about Tyson. End of story. Anything else is revisionist history and you still don't get to celebrate the Mavs title because you quit :lol

PM me for some more life advice.

midnightpulp
Shoots 39% and it's called "clutch." lol

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Clutch? Lololol.

Played like shit today.

Clutch

steal
assist
makes 1 of 2 FT's

Even Raptor announcers said wonderful finish by Kobe. Wasnt a great game for him I agree. But he was clutch ...

Koolaid_Man
well time for me to go now..midget has logged on...I don't want to give him the opportunity to converse with the legendary Kool

Pelicans78
Was a clutch game for Kobe.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
That ending by Kobe was clutch. Did well to stay composed and get the W. They won't all be pretty.

midnightpulp
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Clutch

steal
assist
makes 1 of 2 FT's

Even Raptor announcers said wonderful finish by Kobe. Wasnt a great game for him I agree. But he was clutch ...

No he wasn't. 39% ain't clutch. Just another one of those Kirby selective memory games where his fanboys forget the previous 44 minutes of the game and choose to concentrate on the last 4 minutes.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I celebrated that shit all summer long and continue to celebrate. I was right since week 3 of the regular season. you were wrong until the final buzzer. Me > you and I'm done.

Let's see if you'll answer honestly. Did you or did you not ask me to have a conversation with you (which I did because I'm nice) about how to navigate through college and which degrees where the best because you valued my opinion?

Killakobe81
Shoots 39% and it's called "clutch." lol

Clutch was the last 2 minutes ...but whatever. Glad we won. You dont think it was clutch, eat a dick. We agree to disagree. all i know we were down 4 with less than 2 minutes and we won without anyone else scoring and Kobe making 1 of 2 (artest pressured the last shot) of game saving defensive plays. That to me is clutch,

Calderon was even more so except the turnover late though ...

ChrisRichards
lol at KoolAid getting excited at a Raptors win lol

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:44 PM
M>S has the celebrate. His team won it all.

DPG has the right to stay mad as well.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Let's see if you'll answer honestly. Did you or did you not ask me to have a conversation with you (which I did because I'm nice) about how to navigate through college and which degrees where the best because you valued my opinion?

What's that got to do with basketball?

#41 Shoot Em Up
I celebrated that shit all summer long and continue to celebrate. I was right since week 3 of the regular season. you were wrong until the final buzzer. Me > you and I'm done.

Shut ur dick loving azz up... if it was up to your dumbazz the Mavs would of traded for gerald wallace you dumb fag

MavDynasty
Lol ain't no shame in askin someone their thoughts on a degree imo

Killakobe81
No he wasn't. 39% ain't clutch. Just another one of those Kirby selective memory games where his fanboys forget the previous 44 minutes of the game and choose to concentrate on the last 4 minutes.

Im no Kobe fanboi ...so like I said whatever. You have zero credibility on the Lakers as a topic, your hate for Kobe is visceral. I prefer to debate with someone more on my level like DPG.

So enjoy the Clip show and the 7 game Spur win streak. Im done with you.

Shitty game by Lakers but a win is a win ...still NOT contenders.

MavDynasty
Shut ur dick loving azz up... if it was up to your dumbazz the Mavs would of traded for gerald wallace you dumb fag

:lmao nigga do yo thang

Pelicans78
Gerald Wallace would have helped the Mavs regardless. He's a good player and would have been a good fit.

midnightpulp
02-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Clutch was the last 2 minutes ...but whatever. Glad we won. You dont think it was clutch, eat a dick. We agree to disagree. all i know we were down 4 with less than 2 minutes and we won without anyone else scoring and Kobe making 1 of 2 (artest pressured the last shot) of game saving defensive plays. That to me is clutch,

Calderon was even more so except the turnover late though ...

Lol. How do you think the Raptors got the lead in the first place?

4:33 Kobe Bryant misses 6-foot running jumper 82-81
4:33 Pau Gasol offensive rebound 82-81
4:33 82-81 Aaron Gray shooting foul (Pau Gasol draws the foul)
4:33 Pau Gasol makes free throw 1 of 2 83-81
4:33 Pau Gasol makes free throw 2 of 2 84-81
4:16 84-81 Linas Kleiza lost ball (Andrew Bynum steals)
4:03 Aaron Gray blocks Kobe Bryant's 4-foot two point shot 84-81
4:01 84-81 Linas Kleiza defensive rebound
3:46 84-81 Aaron Gray offensive foul (Andrew Bynum draws the foul)
3:46 84-81 Aaron Gray turnover
3:31 Kobe Bryant misses 25-foot three point jumper 84-81
3:31 84-81 Ed Davis defensive rebound
3:13 84-84 Jose Calderon makes 24-foot three point jumper
2:56 Kobe Bryant misses 9-foot jumper 84-84
2:54 84-84 Ed Davis defensive rebound
2:48 84-86 Ed Davis makes slam dunk (DeMar DeRozan assists)
2:21 Kobe Bryant misses two point shot 84-86
2:19 Andrew Bynum offensive rebound 84-86
2:16 Andrew Bynum bad pass (DeMar DeRozan steals) 84-86
2:11 84-88 Linas Kleiza makes 4-foot two point shot (DeMar DeRozan assists)
2:11 Los Angeles 20 Sec. timeout
2:11 Toronto full timeout
2:00 Andrew Bynum makes dunk (Pau Gasol assists) 86-88
1:40 86-90 Jose Calderon makes 20-foot two point shot
1:28 Steve Blake bad pass (Aaron Gray steals) 86-90
1:08 86-90 Linas Kleiza misses 25-foot three point jumper
1:07 86-90 Toronto defensive team rebound

So fuckin' clutch.

DAF86
02-12-2012, 03:49 PM
The only one to be right about them Mavs and Chandler is me, tbh.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
:lol Hornets78 with the not so subtle trolling goods.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Lol. How do you think the Raptors got the lead in the first place?

4:33 Kobe Bryant misses 6-foot running jumper 82-81
4:33 Pau Gasol offensive rebound 82-81
4:33 82-81 Aaron Gray shooting foul (Pau Gasol draws the foul)
4:33 Pau Gasol makes free throw 1 of 2 83-81
4:33 Pau Gasol makes free throw 2 of 2 84-81
4:16 84-81 Linas Kleiza lost ball (Andrew Bynum steals)
4:03 Aaron Gray blocks Kobe Bryant's 4-foot two point shot 84-81
4:01 84-81 Linas Kleiza defensive rebound
3:46 84-81 Aaron Gray offensive foul (Andrew Bynum draws the foul)
3:46 84-81 Aaron Gray turnover
3:31 Kobe Bryant misses 25-foot three point jumper 84-81
3:31 84-81 Ed Davis defensive rebound
3:13 84-84 Jose Calderon makes 24-foot three point jumper
2:56 Kobe Bryant misses 9-foot jumper 84-84
2:54 84-84 Ed Davis defensive rebound
2:48 84-86 Ed Davis makes slam dunk (DeMar DeRozan assists)
2:21 Kobe Bryant misses two point shot 84-86
2:19 Andrew Bynum offensive rebound 84-86
2:16 Andrew Bynum bad pass (DeMar DeRozan steals) 84-86
2:11 84-88 Linas Kleiza makes 4-foot two point shot (DeMar DeRozan assists)
2:11 Los Angeles 20 Sec. timeout
2:11 Toronto full timeout
2:00 Andrew Bynum makes dunk (Pau Gasol assists) 86-88
1:40 86-90 Jose Calderon makes 20-foot two point shot
1:28 Steve Blake bad pass (Aaron Gray steals) 86-90
1:08 86-90 Linas Kleiza misses 25-foot three point jumper
1:07 86-90 Toronto defensive team rebound

So fuckin' clutch.

all you proved was that he could miss 4 straight shots and STILL delivered when it mattered ...thanks:toast

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
That ending by Kobe was clutch. Did well to stay composed and get the W. They won't all be pretty.

See DPG, gets it. That is why I debate with DPG, he knows ball. An arrogant prick who is clearly wrong sometimes ...but a worthy adversary and a top notch poster.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
:lol Hornets78 with the not so subtle trolling goods.

DPG still mad about dem Mavs. Let it go man, you'll feel better and move on.

midnightpulp
02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
all you proved was that he could miss 4 straight shots and STILL delivered when it mattered ...thanks:toast

5 straight shots.

So those previous moments, which you faggots call "Kobe time," don't matter?

Okay.

MavDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Great fucking 16th pick :cry

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
See DPG, gets it. That is why I debate with DPG, he knows ball. An arrogant prick who is clearly wrong sometimes ...but a worthy adversary and a top notch poster.

lol you think I'm really arrogant when I'm not. Someone like Tyson (see his past posts) is arrogant and hasn't been right at all.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 03:58 PM
An arrogant prick

A pompous ass is the more appropriate and PC description.

ElNono
02-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Man... one miss away from

pbp critical error

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
It's got nothing at all to do with basketball. DPG is just mad because when the mavs won it all, I wouldn't allow DPG to celebrate while all the spur fans were jumping for joy acting like it was their championship. DPG was the only spur fan who didn't celebrate the mavs championship, because he was so WRONG BOUT DEM MAVS :smokin

Here's the timeline of most Spursfan last season.

1) Preseason - jumped on the Heat bandwagon

2) Regular season - Pumped over their 60 win season

3) Postseason - After 8, on the Heat bandwagon

4) Offseason- Celebrating the Mavs championship

5) Lockout - DPG still mad

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
:lol It's funny because I don't go around patting myself on the back unless it's these posters who love to attack me so I'll go round'-and-round' with them for a little while. For some reason, people love to see me be wrong. I'm an easy target. Just throw DPG's name out there and you've got headlines I guess. Your dinner wasn't good? DPG was wrong about Italian food. Movie sucked? DPG was wrong about No Country for Old Men. I'm an easy target I guess.

Although behind the scenes, these same people come to me with their hands out looking up to me like they want something free.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
lol you think I'm really arrogant when I'm not. Someone like Tyson (see his past posts) is arrogant and hasn't been right at all.

Like I told ya, I am too. It's one of your redeeming qualities. You are the Lebron of this forum, you try to play humble but the arrogance is as blatant as the "chosen one" tattoo on your back. The EC snub was akin to Bird and MJ choosing Kobe over you.

ElNono
Here's the timeline of Spursfan last season.

Shouldn't throw everybody in the same bag, IMO...

DPG21920

I wasn't pumped with the Spurs season.

DeadlyDynasty

With the exception of #5--which is up for interpretation--this is the most factual post ever written on ST.

Well done, 78:tu

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
:lol It's funny because I don't go around patting myself on the back unless it's these posters who love to attack me so I'll go round'-and-round' with them for a little while. For some reason, people love to see me be wrong. I'm an easy target. Just throw DPG's name out there and you've got headlines I guess. Your dinner wasn't good? DPG was wrong about Italian food. Movie sucked? DPG was wrong about No Country for Old Men. I'm an easy target I guess.

Although behind the scenes, these same people come to me with their hands out looking up to me like they want something free.

Give it a rest. You were trying to troll me about Drew Brees recently. And you admitted it when I called you out right away because I didn't fall for it.

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Time: 2:44 pm

I am a man of my word and won't participate any further in your trashing of the board.

Time: 3:00 pm

Taking pot shots at me won't add any value to spurstalk and won't make you any less wrong bout dem mavs :smokin

let it go bud

The Lie

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM

I love you, man (no homo)

Killakobe81

LOL see!! Lebron!!!:lol

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

Sounds familiar? :lmao

Bruce Wayne

It was sickening and a disgrace at how they acted. Claiming the Mavs' ring.

DPG21920
Give it a rest. You were trying to troll me about Drew Brees recently. And you admitted it when I called you out right away because I didn't fall for it.

What does that have to do with basketball? Also, that proves my point. I'll admit when I"m trolling.

Pelicans78
Shouldn't throw everybody in the same bag, IMO...

I do apologize. I should have said most Spurs fans.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

That is pretty funny :toast

ElNono
02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
At the end of the day, you guys will have to wake up tomorrow and still have the same personal problems you have today

(kidding) :lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Good eye:lol

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
It's not a matter of blaming everything on you, the only thing I personally hold you accountable for is being so damn wrong about them mavs. No amount of slithering and snaking will make you any less wrong. You're ONLY this upset with me because I wouldn't let you celebrate what you felt like was your championship. Spur fans don't get to celebrate Maverick championships, especially not whenever you were such a damn overly opinionated hater all year long. You were giving prime Chris Webber and Charles Barkely a run for their money in the hating department.

Guy, you didn't hold me accountable. My actual accountant did for losing $500 that I paid up on immediately even in the face of being welshed on. I'm above reprieve when it comes to this and I figured even you would respect that.

I don't want to celebrate, I wanted MIA to win.

Bruce Wayne
02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
DPG gettin' his shit pushed in.

Pelicans78
02-12-2012, 04:08 PM

DPG21920
lol Killa, did Lebron say that or did you just edit my post to make it sound like that? :lol

midnightpulp
It was sickening and a disgrace at how they acted. Claiming the Mavs' ring.

Mavfans didn't burn that Lakerfan ass enough, so we had to step in for our Southwest Conference brothers. I think the reason is because Mavs fans were just happy to win the championship and the hate left their hearts for a few months.

DPG21920
Yup you're such a sneaky troll you prompted me to continue to argue with you even though I said I wouldn't, you should be proud of yourself I guess?

Maybe you should have a pickle symbol as well.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Classic ...

DPG did it for the kids ...

mavsfan1000
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
What a fucking dumb thread. I am not a fan of the Lakers but you gotta be an idiot to count them out.

Bruce Wayne
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Mavfans didn't burn that Lakerfan ass enough, so we had to step in for our Southwest Conference brothers. I think the reason is because Mavs fans were just happy to win the championship and the hate left their hearts for a few months.

Naw that's no excuse. Not after the Terry nutpunch and Cuban shitting on the riverwalk that developed the hate between you two fanbases.

Killakobe81
02-12-2012, 04:11 PM
lol Killa, did Lebron say that or did you just edit my post to make it sound like that? :lol

NO that is real ...

Link (http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7556817/miami-heat-lebron-james-apologize-kendrick-perkins-tired-blame-game)

Check it out, homey. Like I said you Lebron dog ...

DPG21920
02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
You're damn right you did, that's why you are STILL so mad girl. But the next best thing, your "consolation prize" was going to be somehow trying to take some of the credit and pretend like you were right all along and saw it coming. And big daddy Tyson wouldn't allow it. This is 100%, completely why you are so mad right now and your panties have been exposed for the entire forum to see.

You aren't good at trolling, I just wanted you to know that. Since you have gone back on your word and are still posting to me, how about we answer this even though it's not basketball related: