PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson for Ryan Anderson ?

tmtcsc
02-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I read there's some talk of Orlando may want to consider trading Ryan Anderson. If this is true, do you think they would take RJ and Blair for him ? Is it worth messing with our chemistry ?

I'm not that familiar with the guy but I here he's having a breakout season and is already the second best player on the team.

Link:

Trade Candidate: Ryan Anderson
February 12 at 3:12pm CST By Michael Pina

Should the Magic choose to keep Dwight Howard for the rest of this season and allow him to test the waters of free agency this summer, a massive domino effect involving several organizations and players will take place. Teams like the Rockets, Nets, Celtics, and Mavericks have all cleared cap space and will scramble for the perennial All-Star's services, but only one will be able to walk away with the number one prize.

If Howard does leave, which is likely, Orlando will be forced to come to terms with a roster that was built to accommodate its superstar's strengths. The stock for the team's three-point shooters and defensively liable swingmen who are enabled by Howard's presence may plummet. The most notable example would be the team's second best player, Ryan Anderson.

As we covered on Friday, the Magic chose not to offer Anderson a contract extension earlier this season—a decision that acknowledges the team's willingness to accept its unknown future—and right now he's playing to show the league his worth once he becomes a restricted free agent in the offseason. With the chances of Anderson accepting the team's qualifying offer of $3.23MM in the offseason nonexistent, the Magic could be wise to sell high and trade their best asset. Anderson is a young, improving sharpshooter having a borderline All-Star season, but his success may be predicated on the play of Howard. If he's going to walk anyway, why not get something for him while you can?

With the type of game to either come off a bench or start for a playoff team, someone like the Nuggets or Pacers would be wise to seek his services in a trade involving multiple draft picks.

Juggity
02-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I can't see Orlando trading a breakout star for inferior players who won't convince DH to stay. Plus it puts them over the luxury tax threshold.

yavozerb
02-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I can't see Orlando trading a breakout star for inferior players who won't convince DH to stay. Plus it puts them over the luxury tax threshold.

:toast, nice way to end this thread..thanks

tmtcsc
02-12-2012, 10:21 PM
3 Way trade maybe ? I dunno, aint my job. I'm sure if we wanted him we could make a pitch.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
You can always make a pitch. One involving RJ for anyone on Orlando would involve Orlando's GM laughing for exactly 3 minutes and 37 seconds, then hanging up.

DesignatedT
02-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Would be nice but they would never do that.

ffadicted
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Why in god's name would Orlando ever do that hahaha
Some people

Hoops Czar
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
3 Way trade maybe ? I dunno, aint my job. I'm sure if we wanted him we could make a pitch.

Your right... you don't know. No team in their right mind would go out of their way to trade for jefferson.

Budkin
02-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Laughable.

8FOR!3
02-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Uhh, not even going to touch this one.

jimo2305
02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Ryan Anderson for Richard Jefferson
http://stanceworks.com/Pictures/Mike/Gifs/areyouserious.gif

I Heart Ginobili
02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah they are gonna trade their starting PF for a couple traffic cones.

dallasmaverickslose
02-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll happily give them Richard Jefferson AND Blair for Ryan Anderson.

Here's what happens with that:

Starters:

Duncan
Splitter
Leonard
Neal
Parker

Bench;

Ryan Anderson
Bonner
Green/James Anderson
Ginobili
Ford/Joseph

And sign a descent FA big for depth.

:hungry:

tmtcsc
02-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Your right... you don't know. No team in their right mind would go out of their way to trade for jefferson.

LOL !!! What was I thinking ? Only a 4 time world champion would ever trade for Richard Jefferson right ?? And then re-sign him! LOL!!! Too funny. It's never about the system is it ? It's not like our offense has been really difficult for players to assimilate to. Simple right ? Let's see, Brent Barry thrived in it right ? Mike Finley just came in here and fit seamlessly.

God almighty, a 2004 Olympic team member with veteran experience...for an unproven player just coming in to his own and the product of a good center? Oh, man I make myself laugh.:lol

Some people.

jesterbobman
02-12-2012, 11:51 PM
2004 was 8 years ago. When you invent a time machine, it'd be a reasonable offer.

Though, if you invented a time machine messing around with a Ryan Anderson trade shouldn't be high on your list.

GSH
02-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Last year he averaged about 11 points per game and shot about .400 from the 3P line, in 22 minutes per game. In the playoffs, he averaged 24.5 minutes, and 4.7 points per game, shooting .300 from the 3P line.

See: Bonner, Matt

He's tall, but he's not the answer for what we're missing inside. Besides that, Orlando is going to want too much for him, and the only players we could offer (and still match salaries) would be players they don't want. And PLEASE, please, please... read just a little about the trade rules and salary matching. They CAN'T take Richard Jefferson for him - even if they wanted to. Period.

Hoops Czar
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
LOL !!! What was I thinking ? Only a 4 time world champion would ever trade for Richard Jefferson right ?? And then re-sign him! LOL!!! Too funny. It's never about the system is it ? It's not like our offense has been really difficult for players to assimilate to. Simple right ? Let's see, Brent Barry thrived in it right ? Mike Finley just came in here and fit seamlessly.

God almighty, a 2004 Olympic team member with veteran experience...for an unproven player just coming in to his own and the product of a good center? Oh, man I make myself laugh.:lol

Some people.

Your full of questions, but the one question you should be asking yourself is why are the spurs still stuck on 4 and the answer is as plain and simple as the nose on your face.... rj.

If this offense is so difficult for players to assimilate with, why the hell are you talking trade in the first place? The spurs have in rj, the most expensive three point shooter in the history of the nba.

Steve-O-Matic
02-13-2012, 01:03 AM
This proposal is the equivalent of the Bobcats calling the Spurs to offer Matt Carroll and DeSagana Diop for Tiago Splitter.

therealtruth
02-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Your full of questions, but the one question you should be asking yourself is why are the spurs still stuck on 4 and the answer is as plain and simple as the nose on your face.... rj.

If this offense is so difficult for players to assimilate with, why the hell are you talking trade in the first place? The spurs have in rj, the most expensive three point shooter in the history of the nba.

Imagine if they had traded for a big man instead. Then there would be no overreliance on Bonner/Blair. I am sure they could have gotten free agents or draft picks to cover the small forward spot. It's not that important in the Spurs offense other than hitting 3's.

therealtruth
02-13-2012, 01:22 AM
He's a more clutch and better rebounding Bonner. I am not a fan of power forwards that shoot 3's if that's all they do.

Hoops Czar
02-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Imagine if they had traded for a big man instead. Then there would be no overreliance on Bonner/Blair. I am sure they could have gotten free agents or draft picks to cover the small forward spot. It's not that important in the Spurs offense other than hitting 3's.

What they should have done was use the amnesty clause to drop rj and then sign or trade for a player closer to the trade deadline. Rj brings nothing to the table. He's completely useless while costing the team an arm and a leg.

maddnezz
02-13-2012, 01:46 AM
I truly hope that God in heaven blesses the Spurs with a championship this year so I dont have to read anymore trade RJ threads. We got who we got! Let the stupid trade talk go and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sleep:deadhorse

TJastal
02-13-2012, 01:49 AM
What they should have done was use the amnesty clause to drop rj and then sign or trade for a player closer to the trade deadline. Rj brings nothing to the table. He's completely useless while costing the team an arm and a leg.

So what was the reasoning of not amnestying him, did Pop actually think the team needed him?

Hoops Czar
02-13-2012, 02:01 AM
So what was the reasoning of not amnestying him, did Pop actually think the team needed him?

They couldn't get another free agent to sign here so the fo felt something was better than nothing. When it comes to rj, my personal opinion is nothing is better than something.

Rapper
02-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Think about that

the spurs must cut RJ and Timmy will just get 3- 5 million contract next season that means the spurs have much money to sign a star player like Dwight Howard

no need to trade RJ for Ryan Anderson