PDA

View Full Version : The Grammy's

tlongII
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Anybody watching? Bruno Mars was good.

phxspurfan
02-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Man, people must really like Adele. She has won a lot tonight.

A year after last year, I'm still asking who is Arcade Fire.

And why hasn't Lady Gaga won anything? These things are so rigged.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Watching a bit delayed on DVR and holy shit Adele was terrible when she sang Rolling In The Deep.

tlongII
02-12-2012, 11:43 PM
That Jason Aldean and what's her name cover of the Lady Antebellum song was horrible! :lol

tlongII
02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Bonnie Raitt and Alicia Keyes were excellent though.

DesignatedT
02-12-2012, 11:51 PM
wow nicki minaj was embarrassingly bad. The fact that people actually listen to this bitch is fuckin horrible.

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Liked that duo, The Civil Wars. Listening to their music now. pretty cool. I missed the first 20 minutes. Did they do anything about Etta James? I didn't see her mentioned in the death montage.

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 12:08 AM
^ changed my mind. only a couple decent songs, don't like the rest. too folksy

SA210
02-13-2012, 12:12 AM
wow nicki minaj was embarrassingly bad. The fact that people actually listen to this bitch is fuckin horrible.

I cannot believe i saw that trash on my tv screen

tlongII
02-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Liked that duo, The Civil Wars. Listening to their music now. pretty cool. I missed the first 20 minutes. Did they do anything about Etta James? I didn't see her mentioned in the death montage.

Alicia Keyes and Bonnie Raitt did an Etta James tune.

MannyIsGod
02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Jesus Christ tonight has to have been the worst night of performances in the history of this shitty awards show. Its been beyond terrible. The amount of people out of key has been more than those in key.

tlongII
02-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Rihanna is a sexy little bitch.

jeebus
02-13-2012, 12:17 AM
I haven't watched the Grammys since Elton John and Eminem performed Stan; I see I haven't missed anything in over 10 years.

phxspurfan
02-13-2012, 12:21 AM
Yay more Adele being mashed down my ear holes

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 12:29 AM
WTF about after Dave Grohl's speech about real music coming from the heart and they play LMFAO in the outro.

Also Neal Patrick Harris. Was that a thinly veiled comment about the shitty music he was about to give an award for?

Girasuck
02-13-2012, 12:37 AM
My god...how bad is music these days? You know it's shit when the Foo Fighters are preaching about true music. I mean they suck shit as well.

DMC
02-13-2012, 12:42 AM
I've never heard of a lot of these people. I don't even listen to music much these days.

dirk4mvp
02-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Do any of you assholes think you're some in depth scro by saying today's music sucks? You sound like a bunch of cubansucks.

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 12:58 AM
I only saw one performance but who were the couple before taylor swift? They were pretty good. He kinda looked jack white

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 01:04 AM
This thread got me no where

Technique
02-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Watching a bit delayed on DVR and holy shit Adele was terrible when she sang Rolling In The Deep.

No she wasn't? One of the few better performances of the night along with Hudson.

Nikki Minaj on the other had, was god awful.

redzero
02-13-2012, 01:12 AM
A year after last year, I'm still asking who is Arcade Fire.

Then find out. They're much better than most of this stuff, and I don't even like them that much.

CuckingFunt
02-13-2012, 01:24 AM

There were a few iffy moments, but terrible is an overstatement. I thought it was pretty good for a first live performance after surgery on her vocal chords. That type of procedure can often change the sound of a person's voice forever.

I thought she was easily the best of the female performances tonight (not considering the couple I missed, obviously), though the bar was admittedly pretty low. Jennifer Hudson forced it a bit, I thought. And Katy Perry's ice sculptures, Taylor Swift's tornado wreckage, and Nicki Minaj's whatever-the-fuck-that-was-supposed-to-be aren't even really worth the time to mock.

Also, I'm generally not a fan of his, but I give major props to Bruno Mars for avoiding the gimmicks so popular with others in favor just going out and performing the fuck out of his song.

MannyIsGod
02-13-2012, 01:43 AM
She flat out missed a ton of the notes. I was not impressed at all and I'm a huge fan.

monosylab1k
02-13-2012, 02:11 AM
I can't believe that so many people here actually give a shit about the Grammys.

Sisk
02-13-2012, 02:25 AM
She flat out missed a ton of the notes. I was not impressed at all and I'm a huge fan.

She did have surgery. Might take a little while to get back in the groove, yaknow?

Sisk
02-13-2012, 02:26 AM
I only saw one performance but who were the couple before taylor swift? They were pretty good. He kinda looked jack white

The Civil Wars

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 02:30 AM
yeah found that shit on huffington post been waiting for someone to upload that performance on youtube because their studio version isn't as good

robino2001
02-13-2012, 07:51 AM
There were a few iffy moments, but terrible is an overstatement. I thought it was pretty good for a first live performance after surgery on her vocal chords. That type of procedure can often change the sound of a person's voice forever.

You mean the lap-band procedure...? Just sayin/wouldn't be surprised...

MannyIsGod
02-13-2012, 08:12 AM
She did have surgery. Might take a little while to get back in the groove, yaknow?

Sure, but how does that change that it was bad? Not only that, but its not like that is the firs time she's sung since the surgery.

MannyIsGod
02-13-2012, 08:13 AM
I can't believe that so many people here actually give a shit about the Grammys.

+5 hipster cred.

I don't care about the awards (lol @ most of the nominations) but it was something to watch.

Frenzy
02-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I had a hard time switching over from netflix rocky IV to the Grammy's. I blame the addictive montage that game one right after another.

tlongII
02-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Personally I like the Grammy's. I think it's easily the best music awards show. Of course after saying that I still only watched the first 90 minutes of the show last night. :lol

rr2418
02-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I thought Adele sounded great! I don't sing or play an instrument so maybe I don't know what being pitchy sounds like. Adele changed a few things in the song but then again almost all artists will change their song a little when performing live.

lefty
02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
lol Grammys

lol @ people watching the Grammys

Fags

rr2418
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
lol Grammys

Fags

:lol @ people who like soccer. fags with no talent!

mrsmaalox
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I didn't see the Grammys, but I scrolled thru the red carpet pics this morning----WTF, a Little Red Riding Hood costume?? :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM
lol Grammys

Fags
like three other people did the same shit before you
we got it

JoeChalupa
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I thought Adele did a fantastic job and so did Jennifer Hudson. Kelly Clarkson also sounded good. Bruno Mars rocked it. That is about all I saw.

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
moterfuckers who watch the grammys, entertainment tonight, E1, access hollywood, the oscars, etc. are EXACTly what is wrong with society today. you morons WORSHIP these fake assholes cuz they on tv and movies. you literally pay them to ignore you and shit on your life.

its so god damned sad that things are the way they are in society today

I didn't watch it either but why feel the need to make your stance known on a show that millions watched? Is spurstalk your mein kampf before you go out and attack the celeb world?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Hudson did a so-so job on the Dolly Parton cover. Sounded like she was going opera with it towards the end.

Doug Whiner
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
moterfuckers who watch the grammys, entertainment tonight, E1, access hollywood, the oscars, etc. are EXACTly what is wrong with society today. you morons WORSHIP these fake assholes cuz they on tv and movies. you literally pay them to ignore you and shit on your life.

I hear ya

redzero
02-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Personally I like the Grammy's. I think it's easily the best music awards show.

not saying much

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Only "highlight" I can say of the Grammy's would be deadmau5. Kinda cool of them to give him such a stage and spotlight. Cool mask he had on.

tlongII
02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Of the parts I watched I thought Alicia Keyes and Bonnie Raitt were terrific and I thought Bruno Mars was great.

Things like Keyes and Raitt performing together is what I like about the Grammy's. You have two performers from distinctly seperate genre's collaborating and it sounds great.

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Only "highlight" I can say of the Grammy's would be deadmau5. Kinda cool of them to give him such a stage and spotlight. Cool mask he had on.

That was one of the worst parts about the so-called Awards show. DJing at the Grammy's, oh brother.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 12:50 PM
That was one of the worst parts about the so-called Awards show. DJing at the Grammy's, oh brother.

Eh, it was better than the Dolly Parton cover :D

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Eh, it was better than the Dolly Parton cover :D

Everybody did a cover of their own songs. :rolleyes

Can you tell I didn't care for the Grammy's?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Of the parts I watched I thought Alicia Keyes and Bonnie Raitt were terrific and I thought Bruno Mars was great.

Things like Keyes and Raitt performing together is what I like about the Grammy's. You have two performers from distinctly seperate genre's collaborating and it sounds great.

Yeah. It was good to see Raitt on there.

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM

so you liked the dance collaboration with Lil' Wayne, David Guetta, and The Abuser?

And btw, why the fuck do stars get passes on shit like Chris Brown did. If I beat up my wife, I'm going to have a hard time finding any fucking job. Much less, one where I get paid more than 99% of the rest of the world.

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
And why did that chick beater Chris Brown perform twice? :vomit:

BlackSwordsMan
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM

come on you know how woman can be

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Everybody did a cover of their own songs. :rolleyes

Can you tell I didn't care for the Grammy's?

No not really. Here http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6AUrurG9UeU/TuIwNENsyeI/AAAAAAAAAqI/EoDQCfZffA4/s1600/cheese_oh_cheese.jpg this may help getting your point across :)

Oh, and Dolly surrrrrrre has quite a tan these days......:wakeup

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
so you liked the dance collaboration with Lil' Wayne, David Guetta, and The Abuser?

And btw, why the fuck do stars get passes on shit like Chris Brown did. If I beat up my wife, I'm going to have a hard time finding any fucking job. Much less, one where I get paid more than 99% of the rest of the world.

Convicted of felony assult. smh

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
The icing on the cake for me was seeing Grohl from the Foo Fighters wearing a Slayer shirt? Really? He probably doesn't even own a Slayer CD. :lol

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 01:02 PM
The icing on the cake for me was seeing Grohl from the Foo Fighters wearing a Slayer shirt? Really? He probably doesn't even own a Slayer CD. :lol

I'd bet he owns a Slayer CD.

But the real icing on the cake was after giving an acceptance speech about how they got back to real music and made their CD in his garage and how music should come from the heart, not computers. Then they do a mashup with a dj.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM

???? You don't know dave grohl then. Check out Probot. The Mighty King is on it. He's currently working with Stephen Pearcy if that says anything about him.

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM

But the real icing on the cake was after giving an acceptance speech about how they got back to real music and made their CD in his garage and how music should come from the heart, not computers. Then they do a mashup with a dj.

:lol:lol

rr2418
02-13-2012, 01:07 PM

I don't why I picture you ugly as hell with gold teeth....:lol :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 01:08 PM

That's probably why they cut him off

tlongII
02-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Didn't see that. Turned it off before that.

ashbeeigh
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I watch the Grammy's every year and was super stoked about the Bruno Mars performance...duh. Aside from the splits in the middle it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the guy. He's just that good. I liked the Beach Boys bit, even if Adam Levine looked a little lost. And Adele. Ugh. I'm over her.

Chris Brown
02-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Shut you mouf, foo.

I got room for you too, biatch!

Convicted of felony assult. smh

Haters gonna hate

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Shut you mouf, foo.

I got room for you too, biatch!

Haters gonna hate

Hi Chris Brown. I thought it was interesting that both you and R. Kelly were both nominated for the same awared and both have done very bad things.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I watch the Grammy's every year and was super stoked about the Bruno Mars performance...duh. Aside from the splits in the middle it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for the guy. He's just that good. I liked the Beach Boys bit, even if Adam Levine looked a little lost. And Adele. Ugh. I'm over her.

I was waiting for him to bust into La Bamba or Come On at any moment.

ashbeeigh
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I was waiting for him to bust into La Bamba or Come On at any moment.

ha you are a funny guy.

NewcastleKEG
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM
2012 Grammys = classic white music still rules

MannyIsGod
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Definitely my favorite part of the show. That mask was awesome. At one point he was like a Mickey Mouse Cylon.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Definitely my favorite part of the show. That mask was awesome. At one point he was like a Mickey Mouse Cylon.

That mask was new, right? I just see him in "normal" masks. I thought that was a cylon.

rceCym_dXIU

tlongII
02-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Deadmau5? Seriously? :lmao

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Epic band, mediocre song

redzero
02-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Deadmau5 is a band?

monosylab1k
02-14-2012, 03:46 AM
tbh if you have to wear giant masks as part of your bit, its probably a gimmick to hide how shitty your music is. Also, just blatantly ripping off Daft Punk?

cantthinkofanything
02-14-2012, 04:09 AM
tbh if you have to wear giant masks as part of your bit, its probably a gimmick to hide how shitty your music is. Also, just blatantly ripping off Daft Punk?

no...this one has a cool mask. didn't you hear.

tlongII
02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Well...he's pretty good with computers anyway.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
tbh if you have to wear giant masks as part of your bit, its probably a gimmick to hide how shitty your music is.

That's funny, considering your avatar. Borderline rich, if you ask me. Pretty much negated what you just blathered :rolleyes