7 wins in a row:toast

Memphis 73 points
Houston 91 points
New Orleans 81 points
Oklahoma 96 points
Memphis 84 points
Philiadelphia 90 points
New Jersey 89 points

Our last loss was to Dallas when we gave up 101 points. No coincidence our wins are coming as our defense is improving. Currently we are 11th in opponent PPG, up from being in the high 20s earlier in the year. Let's keept it up. :toast

Then i do wander why the d has improved. What are they doing different? Duncan being Duncan? Splitters increased minutes? Splitter/Duncan playing together? Leonard being a defensive ace? Tony?

Blair and Bonner's Defensive stats have worsened since last year. Just thought i'd throw that in. Has their team D just improved overall in little ways? Individual players excelling? Anyway, let the defense and the better effort continue :flag:

Rapper
02-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Glad to see this stats

Spurs have won 7 connective games in a row with the great D.

Looking foward to the 8th

outmap
02-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Bonner has been decent at the defensive end this year, Blair though has worsened.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Teams that are not that good.

Darkwaters
02-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Teams that are not that good.

Memphis (14-14, Only a game behind 8 Seed Utah)
Houston (16-12, 6 Seed out West)
New Orleans (4-23, Lottery Bound)
Oklahoma City (21-6, 1 Seed out West)
Philiadelphia (19-9, 3 Seed out East)
New Jersey (8-21, Lottery Bound)

So during that 7 game stretch the Spurs have beat 3 playoff teams (including two very very good ones), a border-lined playoff team twice in Memphis, and two absolute trash teams in New Orleans and New Jersey.

So it seems to me you have a mixed bag here and it's not just a winning streak against the cellar dwellers.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Houston (16-12, 6 Seed out West)
New Orleans (4-23, Lottery Bound)
Oklahoma City (21-6, 1 Seed out West)
Philiadelphia (19-9, 3 Seed out East)
New Jersey (8-21, Lottery Bound)

So during that 7 game stretch the Spurs have beat 3 playoff teams (including two very very good ones), a border-lined playoff team twice in Memphis, and two absolute trash teams in New Orleans and New Jersey.

So it seems to me you have a mixed bag here and it's not just a winning streak against the cellar dwellers.

It is early in the season. The only win that is impressive, imo, is OKC.

z0sa
02-13-2012, 04:49 AM
It is early in the season. The only win that is impressive, imo, is OKC.

usual pessimist bullshit. welcome to ST.

Fireball
02-13-2012, 04:54 AM
the way Philadelphia was hyped this road win was as impressive as the win against OKC ... especially because had not won in Philly in four years ...

Russo21
02-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Too true Fireball. The 76ers have been a pain in our ass for years in Philly.

Out of the 7 wins (from 6 opponents) only jersey and new orleans are the only locks out of the bunch to miss the playoffs. So it has been a good streak against good calibre competition.

Nice to see classic San Antonio Spurs Basketball instead of run n gun San Antonio Suns Basketball.

polandprzem
02-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Win is a win

7 in a row is not impressive but IMO promising for the rest of the season.

Good that Tim and Manu will have ASB :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Bonner has been decent at the defensive end this year, Blair though has worsened.

Yeah, that's what I've seen too.

Let's just hope that the improved team defence is a sign of things to come. We haven't seen SPAM turn up for a few years, but if it does this year it will hinge on this defence getting better and better. Cross your fingers. ;)