PDA

View Full Version : Make me the GM of the San Antonio Spurs...

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 03:03 AM
... so I can make the move these idiots are always afraid, or are too cheap, to make. Blair (because he hates being on the Spurs, hates Pop and will never resign here cheap enough), Green/Anderson and a couple of 2nd rounders for Anthony Randolph. The guy has the most upside of any big I can think of in the entire league, outside of bigs that are already all-stars. He's close to 7' tall and he's as quick as a SF. He is like a young, raw Garnett/Bosh. At this time a year ago, I would say he'd never even get the chance to play if they did trade for him, but Popobitch is playing Leonard and that scrub Green... so who knows? At one point, Randolph was a damn-near untouchable type of talent(and yes, I'm aware he was traded). Randolph is barely playing right now, you'll never get a guy with that type of talent cheaper.

Btw... lol @ Corey Joseph. Solid first-round pick.

mudyez
02-13-2012, 03:11 AM
I actually like Randolph too and MIN may do a deal like that.

My only problem with that: It's not like we are loaded with banging big bodies...without Blair we loose even more in that regard, leaving us with Timmy and Splitter as only real inside players. That could get pretty ugly.

Change it to Gree+Anderson and I would do it...but MIN probably not anymore :-/

Give Joseph some time! We dont know sh*t yet!

ChumpDumper
02-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Original trade idea.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 03:15 AM
I actually like Randolph too and MIN may do a deal like that.

My only problem with that: It's not like we are loaded with banging big bodies...without Blair we loose even more in that regard, leaving us with Timmy and Splitter as only real inside players. That could get pretty ugly.

Change it to Gree+Anderson and I would do it...but MIN probably not anymore :-/

Give Joseph some time! We dont know sh*t yet!

Randolph is close to 7' tall and long. He blocks way more shots than Blair and alters even more. I would much rather have him protecting the rim than Blair. His athleticism can also make up for a lot of his mistakes. The only thing you lose with getting rid of Blair is hustle and knowledge of the system. But Blair is not a smart player to begin with, at all.

mudyez
02-13-2012, 03:17 AM
the thing I'd really like is Blair at PF + Randolph at SF...I think they fit nicely next to each other.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 03:20 AM
the thing I'd really like is Blair at PF + Randolph at SF...I think they fit nicely next to each other.

I'm not sure Randolph spreads the floor enough to have him at SF. That would be the weirdest line-up ever, too. lol Blair at 6'6" playing PF, Randolph at 7' at SF.

TJastal
02-13-2012, 03:24 AM
Randolph and Duncan would be a better starting front court defensively. Are the Tpups looking to move Randolph? He's only played in 3 games this year so far and is making Bonner-esque $$.

TJastal
02-13-2012, 03:26 AM

Why on earth would you want that? The starting lineup has enough issues with floor spacing as it is.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Randolph and Duncan would be a better starting front court defensively. Are the Tpups looking to move Randolph? He's only played in 3 games this year so far and is making Bonner-esque $$.

I'm not sure. I don't see how he couldn't be available if they're not even playing him. I think Blair is underrated by a lot of people on this board, he's a solid player, but I think Randolph's upside, especially at '7, is something that needs to be explored if we want a real shot at a ring. The only way you stop LeBron James is having a mobile 7' shot blocker.

Obstructed_View
02-13-2012, 04:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6svp5gd

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 04:30 AM

So you're insinuating it's unrealistic to be able to acquire a player who is currently playing less than 20 minutes per game, for a player that has been starting on a team that has the 2nd best record in the West, putting up better numbers and is cheaper? I can see where you're coming from.

Proxy
02-13-2012, 04:47 AM
He is like a young, raw Garnett/Bosh.

:sleep

z0sa
02-13-2012, 04:51 AM
and these dumbasses get propped up by the other dumbasses on this forum.

good job, circle jerk faggots.

Cry Havoc
02-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Randolph can't get minutes on the Tpups but he's going to come to SA and be a dominant player? Okay.

maddnezz
02-13-2012, 06:05 AM
... so I can make the move these idiots are always afraid, or are too cheap, to make. Blair (because he hates being on the Spurs, hates Pop and will never resign here cheap enough), Green/Anderson and a couple of 2nd rounders for Anthony Randolph. The guy has the most upside of any big I can think of in the entire league, outside of bigs that are already all-stars. He's close to 7' tall and he's as quick as a SF. He is like a young, raw Garnett/Bosh. At this time a year ago, I would say he'd never even get the chance to play if they did trade for him, but Popobitch is playing Leonard and that scrub Green... so who knows? At one point, Randolph was a damn-near untouchable type of talent(and yes, I'm aware he was traded). Randolph is barely playing right now, you'll never get a guy with that type of talent cheaper.

Cocaine is hell of a drug....(Rick James):nope

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Randolph has huge potential he'll probably never realise. I've been waiting 3 years for his head to click, but he's one of those guys who doesn't get the game. He's had plenty of chances and can't even hold down a rotation spot.

DAF86
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Randolph can't get minutes on the Tpups but he's going to come to SA and be a dominant player? Okay.

He just needs to be an upgrade over Blair.

DAF86
02-13-2012, 08:10 AM

You're giving way to much for a non-rotation player, I think you can have it for Blair and one of the two Anderson or Green. And there's no need to throw in the 2nd rounders.

DAF86
02-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Original trade idea.

Why hasn't the FO thought of it? Or have they? I would just like to know that they're moving to get something done. It shouldn't be so difficult to trade for/sign a guy that would produce an upgrade over Blair.

TJastal
02-13-2012, 08:31 AM

I know, right? :lol :rollin

Upgrading from Blair's defense isn't hard. It's a fact that he surrenders the league leading PER to whoever he guards. So basically any big at this point who in on an nba roster is applicable. As well as probably a good chunk of the bigs out in the developmental leagues.

acoelho1
02-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Make you a GM and the Spurs would not have sniffed a championship. Also, you are judging Cory Joseph on a handful of mins with no real training camp. Now that's funny. I'll take Pops and Buford's record over drafting players than most GM's in the league. That's not to say they have not made mistakes but show me a GM that hasn't.

K-State Spur
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM

He could probably be a better defender next to TD, but I doubt he'll ever be as productive as Blair is offensively in the same number of minutes.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Make you a GM and the Spurs would not have sniffed a championship. Also, you are judging Cory Joseph on a handful of mins with no real training camp. Now that's funny. I'll take Pops and Buford's record over drafting players than most GM's in the league. That's not to say they have not made mistakes but show me a GM that hasn't.

I know Michael Finley wouldn't have been my prized free-agent signing when I had the best player of his era. I would have done a hell of a lot more than that with the team. I also wouldn't have traded Luis Scola for cap-relief. That isn't hindsight, that's common fucking sense.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM

When did I say that? And he's glued to the bench because he has an attitude problem and always has. So fucking what. I'm sick of the Spurs and basically all of their fans being afraid to take on guys with questionable character all of the time. In fact, I think we need a couple of real ghetto guys on this team. Remember Massenburg? The guy was a complete scrub but at least he was ghetto and enforced the lane. More than anything, we need someone on this team that will get in Popobitch's face and be real, tell it like it is, and make him think.

underdawg
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM

kidding aside - this isn't impossible:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qom8pd

2 words for Utah - veteran leadership

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
kidding aside - this isn't impossible:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qom8pd

2 words for Utah - veteran leadership

It's most certainly impossible. I can't tell if you're trolling or not. No one wants Jefferson's contract to begin with and the only player of real value they're getting back is Blair. Throw Parker in that deal and I bet they'd still decline it.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7eg7z9l

Do they take it; if not, why? Jefferson's contract? Harris' contract is even worse for his production level at the moment.

Mel_13
02-13-2012, 11:16 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7eg7z9l

Do they take it; if not, why? Jefferson's contract? Harris' contract is even worse for his production level at the moment.

The correct question is why would they take it? The answer to that question is: no reason at all.

Look at the direction of all of Utah's personnel decisions in the last 12 months. The trade you propose goes in the opposite direction.

FromWayDowntown
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I remember when these sorts of threads castigated the Spurs for not pulling the trigger on hypothetical deals to get Stromile Swift.

Good times.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
The correct question is why would they take it? The answer to that question is: no reason at all.

Look at the direction of all of Utah's personnel decisions in the last 12 months. The trade you propose goes in the opposite direction.

It's 2 veterans for 2 veterans and they add Blair, a nice young player.

Mel_13
02-13-2012, 11:25 AM
It's 2 veterans for 2 veterans and they add Blair, a nice young player.

Look harder. You're smarter than Pop and RC, you'll figure it out.

Gagnrath
02-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Well you see he hasn't thought about money, caps, waived players or expiring contracts... Things like that also play into personal decisions.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Look harder. You're smarter than Pop and RC, you'll figure it out.

As I said, it's 2 vets for 2 vets and they add Blair, who is a nice young player. This also allows more playing time and development for Favors/Kanter and gives them an all-star at point guard again. Jefferson also could be a really nice player in the right system as well. Probably not Utah's system, but he's still a good player.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Well you see he hasn't thought about money, caps, waived players or expiring contracts... Things like that also play into personal decisions.

The salaries work. I'm not saying they take it, but it's a fair trade for both teams.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-13-2012, 11:37 AM
The salaries work. I'm not saying they take it, but it's a fair trade for both teams.

I think you've come up with one of the few trade ideas that both teams wouldn't want to do.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I think you've come up with one of the few trade ideas that both teams wouldn't want to do.

You need to start elaborating, because I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

The Spurs get a player who is currently the best offensive low post player in the league and a solid defending PG(something Parker is definitely not).

Utah gets an all-star point guard and a starting-quality SF, albeit on a bad contract. They also get Blair, who is young and one of the best bargains in the entire league.

Rummpd
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Would not be surprised to see the Spurs make a savy move and if the do so, it will probably come right out of the blue.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-13-2012, 11:53 AM
You need to start elaborating, because I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

The Spurs get a player who is currently the best offensive low post player in the league and a solid defending PG(something Parker is definitely not).

Utah gets an all-star point guard and a starting-quality SF, albeit on a bad contract. They also get Blair, who is young and one of the best bargains in the entire league.

Well first of all Utah don't do it because this trade adds salary to their future payroll, which they've spent 2 years now trying to reduce as much as they can. RJ is one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now and while the Spurs could (and will) amnesty, the Jazz wouldn't be able to after this trade. They have their own lottery pick Hayward to play at the 3 and they've also just signed Josh Howard as well, so no need for RJ whatsoever, even on a minimum contract. They have no need for Blair as well as they have Millsap, Kanter and Favors.

For the Spurs, this trade takes away whatever small chance they have to compete this season, as no combination of Jefferson, Duncan and Splitter would work. As you can see Pop would rarely put Duncan and Splitter together, adding Jefferson to the mix would make it even worse. Parker is of course infinitely better than Harris so it's a huge drop down in quality at PG. Moreover, this trade would even reduce the Spurs available cap space in the summer.

Damn! I'd dare anyone to come up with another deal that would damage two teams as badly as this one. I certainly can't think of any.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Well first of all Utah don't do it because this trade adds salary to their future payroll, which they've spent 2 years now trying to reduce as much as they can. RJ is one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now and while the Spurs could (and will) amnesty, the Jazz wouldn't be able to after this trade. They have their own lottery pick Hayward to play at the 3 and they've also just signed Josh Howard as well, so no need for RJ whatsoever, even on a minimum contract. They have no need for Blair as well as they have Millsap, Kanter and Favors.

Of course RJ isn't taking Hayward's spot. He could either takes Miles spot off the bench, or they could move Hayward down to the 2. He's plenty quick and athletic enough to play there. You need 4 bigs in the NBA; as I said, it allows Favors and Kanter to develop, because Jefferson gets a ton of minutes. Blair can play wherever they see fit in the rotation. A change of scenery could also be good for Blair. I think Popobitch is ruining the guy, personally. He doesn't let him play his game.

For the Spurs, this trade takes away whatever small chance they have to compete this season, as no combination of Jefferson, Duncan and Splitter would work. As you can see Pop would rarely put Duncan and Splitter together, adding Jefferson to the mix would make it even worse. Parker is of course infinitely better than Harris so it's a huge drop down in quality at PG. Moreover, this trade would even add to the Spurs available cap space in the summer.

Damn! I'd dare anyone to come up with another deal that would damage two teams as badly as this one. I certainly can't think of any.

Ummmm... you honestly think a Duncan/Jefferson combination isn't the best in the league? If it isn't, it's only 2nd to the Lakers. Jefferson might not be stellar on defense, but he certainly is on offense; almost certainly the best in the league. This way, we're playing inside out and getting many other people involved, instead of having Parker dribbling out the clock, taking midrange jumpers and getting outplayed by Mike Conley.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Well since you're being hypocritical enough to call Parker an all-star when trying to justify it for the Jazz and then someone who'd get outplayed by Mike Conley when trying to justify it for the Spurs, I see no reason to continue arguing since logic is obviously not a part of your reasoning. You also continue to fully disregard the financial point of the deal.

Kewni Leonard
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Well since you're being hypocritical enough to call Parker an all-star when trying to justify it for the Jazz and then someone who'd get outplayed by Mike Conley when trying to justify it for the Spurs, I see no reason to continue arguing since logic is obviously not a part of your reasoning. You also continue to fully disregard the financial point of the deal.

He is an all-star, that is a fact. He also got outplayed by Mike Conley in the playoffs last year, that is also a fact.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
He is an all-star, that is a fact. He also got outplayed by Mike Conley in the playoffs last year, that is also a fact.

Care to post the stats to back that 'fact' of yours?

DAF86
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM
He could probably be a better defender next to TD, but I doubt he'll ever be as productive as Blair is offensively in the same number of minutes.

Why not? He has more offensive weapons than Blair (a jumpshot just to name one) and if he plays better defense than Blair he will probably see more minutes too.

Obstructed_View
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
So you're insinuating it's unrealistic to be able to acquire a player who is currently playing less than 20 minutes per game, for a player that has been starting on a team that has the 2nd best record in the West, putting up better numbers and is cheaper? I can see where you're coming from.

Oh, apologies if that was too subtle. I don't have any particular problem with attempting to acquire Randolph, but your scouting reports of other Spurs' players borders on retarded. At least I can be glad nobody's going to make you the GM anytime soon. "Thot scola trad wuz dum." looks really good on your resume, though.

SpurNation
02-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Intelligent GM's are the combination of experience, knowledge and passion. You certainly have a lot of passion.

Kewni Leonard
02-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Oh, apologies if that was too subtle. I don't have any particular problem with attempting to acquire Randolph, but your scouting reports of other Spurs' players borders on retarded. At least I can be glad nobody's going to make you the GM anytime soon. "Thot scola trad wuz dum." looks really good on your resume, though.

Really? How's that? How many players in their early 20's, making less than a million a year, have 30/20 games under their belts? I'll give you a hint, there's only one player in the entire league and he plays for the Spurs.

Kewni Leonard
02-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Intelligent GM's are the combination of experience, knowledge and passion. You certainly have a lot of passion.

Care to give a better trade idea?

ChumpDumper
02-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Have they made you GM yet?

Kewni Leonard
02-14-2012, 03:45 AM
Have they made you GM yet?

Unfortunately not, so their chances of winning a championship this year are definitely diminished.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Did you even ask them to hire you?

Kewni Leonard
02-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Did you even ask them to hire you?

Yes, in this thread.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, in this thread.Then you're doing it wrong.

SpurNation
02-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Care to give a better trade idea?

For this year?...it be the one that doesn't happen.

Kewni Leonard
02-14-2012, 08:58 AM
For this year?...it be the one that doesn't happen.

Right, so you think we're equipped to handle LeBron James and Dwyane Wade attacking the rim if we get that far?

ChumpDumper
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Right, so you think we're equipped to handle LeBron James and Dwyane Wade attacking the rim if we get that far?A good GM would get both of those players on the Spurs.

vander
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM

I've got some really old news for you: the only reason Pop and RC ever even sniffed the NBA finals is because they won the Tim Duncan lottery.

TD turned as much of their shit into gold as was humanly possible

jjktkk
02-14-2012, 03:52 PM
I've got some really old news for you: the only reason Pop and RC ever even sniffed the NBA finals is because they won the Tim Duncan lottery.

TD turned as much of their shit into gold as was humanly possible

Yea really great coaches never actually get to coach great players. Phil Jackson ringing, despite having to coach Jordan, Pippen and then Shaq and Kobe, was one of the best coaching jobs ever, imo, fwiw, ftr, etc....

SpurNation
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Right, so you think we're equipped to handle LeBron James and Dwyane Wade attacking the rim if we get that far?

Yep

therealtruth
02-14-2012, 06:56 PM

For Lebron and Wade you need at least 3 good perimeter defenders. The Mavs had Marion, Stevenson, and Kidd. We have Leonard, Green, and Manu.

underdawg
02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Given that the Bobcats are doing so poorly they might consider this one:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kllgep

Spurs do it because this would probably benefit them more than using their amnesty on RJ. They also get 2 veterans that could work themselves into the rotation. Bobcats can't trust Maggette with his injuries - say what you want about RJ (there's a lot to say) but he's remained healthy.

Bobcats have almost given up on Thomas and his contract is almost a wash with RJ's in total $ amount. Thomas is only 25 and a dissapointment so far, but you can't teach talent (though you can teach discipline).