PDA

View Full Version : The Artist

Fabbs
02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Friend thought this was great. Our tastes do not always match. Have you seen this? Be forewarned it's a silent movie (made in 2011).

Synopsis
Hollywood 1927. George Valentin is a silent movie superstar. The advent of the talkies will sound the death knell for his career and see him fall into oblivion. For young extra Peppy Miller, it seems the sky's the limit - major movie stardom awaits.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-artist-2011/#

clambake
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
a silent movie? thats a relief. i thought i'd lost my hearing.

CuckingFunt
02-13-2012, 01:06 PM
It's a very good movie. And unbelievably beautiful. But if you can't sit through silent films, you probably won't like it, because it takes its gimmick quite seriously.

lefty
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Im gonna watch it

I lke both Dujardin and Goodman

cantthinkofanything
02-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I won't watch this. But if they called it, "The Fartist", I might check it out.

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Beautiful film, and quite faithful to the silent era. Bejo is gorgeous in it too.

thispego
02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Now you people are watching movies just for the sake of watching movies. Go outside.

Magua
02-13-2012, 09:54 PM
^
Can't afford the movies cause your welfare check is tied up in Gerber:lol

Fabbs
03-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Average at best.

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Now you people are watching movies just for the sake of watching movies.

As opposed to watching movies because one is being forced at gunpoint to watch movies?

thispego
03-04-2012, 10:59 PM
As opposed to watching movies because one is being forced at gunpoint to watch movies?

pffffft, what? :lol :rolleyes

thispego
03-04-2012, 11:00 PM
^
Can't afford the movies cause your welfare check is tied up in Gerber:lol

You guys don't know how to make jokes or what? :lol

Reck
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM

No, he's just lame and horrible at it.

Anyways, this movie has no place in today's film industry. Its not marketable and not for everyone. I bet if you pull some movie stats, the majority of people who went to watch this movie were people age 50 and up.

Magua
03-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Anyways, this movie has no place in today's film industry. Its not marketable and not for everyone. I bet if you pull some movie stats, the majority of people who went to watch this movie were people age 50 and up.

:lolYour ass is so sore b/c of me

:loltalking about me in multiple forums

:lolalways on your mind

Reck
03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
:lolYour ass is so sore b/c of me

:loltalking about me in multiple forums

:lolalways on your mind

LOL@U thinking you're in my head
LOL I dont even know who you are
LOL I just like trolling you

redzero
03-05-2012, 07:45 AM

Complaining about people watching movies because they want to watch movies is pretty laughable by itself.

Fabbs
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Took Gramps (only reason i went), who also thought average at best.
While the **buzz** is it's non mainstream/non pretentious, it's basically a pretentiousnessfest with all the usual Hollywood schticks. Main Guys forced, plastic preening smiles are lame.
Spoiler below

Finally gets engaging towards the end when he is possibly going to commit suicide and she frantically drives to his apt to attempt to stop him.
Even then the lame "OMG, he shot himself!" followed by "whoopsie, we're just messing with you" was lame.

lebomb
03-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I cant hear shit yall are saying in here...................

:depressed

thispego
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Complaining about people watching movies because they want to watch movies is pretty laughable by itself.

Complaining? Nah, just feelin sorry for y'all no life losers