PDA

View Full Version : Sons Eric Gordon is a wimp part 2

DJ Mbenga
02-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Going to have surgery, out another 6 weeks. the tanking sterns wont miss him though. the son had this right:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190730

Pelicans78
02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
The Hornets have pretty much misled everyone on his injury. For weeks, we've been told it's just a bone bruise. They don't even report a MRI even though its standard for an athlete who has a bad knee for weeks or months to get a MRI. Basically, they were being secretive about it and I think it stinks.

BRHornet45
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
God I hate this overrated wimp

Giuseppe
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
You can bet they knew he needed surgery right away but were told by NYC to bury it until the Paul Fiasco dimmed a bit.

Killakobe81
02-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Bottom line here is we all get NO is in tank mode. I never denied that was a smart play. But jesus, you still need to field a team that makes people that spend time or money to watch that team feel like they are not being raped ...

Glad to see Kaman played well last night, but they sat him for a week because they wanted to trade him but they never had any intents to use him properly until Okafor got hurt.

Stern screwed this team. Everyone here is OK with that because of the "chance" to get Davis, Barnes or Drummond ...but it's not your team getting waxed. Besides Bobcats are doing an EVEN BETTER job of tanking.
IF stern really wants to be a badass he could rig the draft to get them the #1 and #2 picks. No im not a comspiracy theorist, but if the Hornets do get that pick (as they look to sell the team) after homegorwn Rose to the Bulls, and Akron's finest to the Cavs ...I will start to wonder ...

Pelicans78
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Bottom line here is we all get NO is in tank mode. I never denied that was a smart play. But jesus, you still need to field a team that makes people that spend time or money to watch that team feel like they are not being raped ...

Glad to see Kaman played well last night, but they sat him for a week because they wanted to trade him but they never had any intents to use him properly until Okafor got hurt.

Stern screwed this team. Everyone here is OK with that because of the "chance" to get Davis, Barnes or Drummond ...but it's not your team getting waxed. Besides Bobcats are doing an EVEN BETTER job of tanking.
IF stern really wants to be a badass he could rig the draft to get them the #1 and #2 picks. No im not a comspiracy theorist, but if the Hornets do get that pick (as they look to sell the team) after homegorwn Rose to the Bulls, and Akron's finest to the Cavs ...I will start to wonder ...

99% of Hornets fans on HornetsReport are fine with the tanking. There's an even a thread dedicated to posting the best tank signature.

Stern didn't screw the team. Adding long-term contracts would have screwed the team. This team needed to blow it up. Yes Gordon is hurt and the T-Wolves pick is not as good as expected, but no one expected it before the trade.

Small market teams need to be really awful before they can contend. They need to get their star players in the draft.

I'm glad the Hornets only have 5 wins right now. They weren't gonna get the same package the Nuggets got. Just wasn't possible. You won't believe it, but its just true. The Clippers had actually rejected the Paul before the Lakers got involved.

We were all discussing on Hornets Report what would be the best possible scenario for trading Paul. The Knicks didn't have any pieces. Paul didn't want to go to Portland, Golden State or Minnesota. So that left the Lakers and Clippers. The Clippers deal was better long-term. And keeping Paul would have been awful. The team would be halfway decent and potentially blow a good lottery pick.

DPG21920
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
We all knew the Hornets would suck, it doesn't change the trade. Minnys pick is still a lottery pick and is still really valuable. NO could still end up with two top 10 picks, cap space and the ability to re-sign Gordon. That's just as is. If they move Kaman or Okafor they could gain even more assets.

Pelicans78
02-14-2012, 02:33 PM
We all knew the Hornets would suck, it doesn't change the trade. Minnys pick is still a lottery pick and is still really valuable. NO could still end up with two top 10 picks, cap space and the ability to re-sign Gordon. That's just as is. If they move Kaman or Okafor they could gain even more assets.

Kaman scored 27 pts with 13 boards last night. Hopefully he keeps performing to up his trade value. Landry's injury hurts because he could have had trade value as well.

I'm hoping the Rockets pull the trigger on Kaman.

DPG21920
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
What pick do the Rockets own this year? Knicks?

Killakobe81
02-14-2012, 03:53 PM
99% of Hornets fans on HornetsReport are fine with the tanking. There's an even a thread dedicated to posting the best tank signature.

Stern didn't screw the team. Adding long-term contracts would have screwed the team. This team needed to blow it up. Yes Gordon is hurt and the T-Wolves pick is not as good as expected, but no one expected it before the trade.

Small market teams need to be really awful before they can contend. They need to get their star players in the draft.

I'm glad the Hornets only have 5 wins right now. They weren't gonna get the same package the Nuggets got. Just wasn't possible. You won't believe it, but its just true. The Clippers had actually rejected the Paul before the Lakers got involved.

We were all discussing on Hornets Report what would be the best possible scenario for trading Paul. The Knicks didn't have any pieces. Paul didn't want to go to Portland, Golden State or Minnesota. So that left the Lakers and Clippers. The Clippers deal was better long-term. And keeping Paul would have been awful. The team would be halfway decent and potentially blow a good lottery pick.

Moved past that sir. I think in the end it MAY be good it maybe bad ...we shall see. You cant say the trade did not screw you for THIS year. It may turn out to be what saves basketball in NO, and if so then it was a great deal long-term. And like I said I even get tanking but this team is bad. The best asset is hurt, the 2nd best one was on the trade block, and Aminu is trash. Those picks have great potential, even Gordon does, no doubt about it. And the cap space will be valuable for trades, no way any star of note is signing there ...

I will not continue this diebate with you or DPG. Me and my huckleberry have agrred to shelve this until we see what the Hornets do with their picks and cap savings. The Lakers deal had sailed I don't care about that any longer.

I dont dispute your calims on the hornets forums. Never been there. I have two buddie sin my fantasy league that are Hornets fans. They would of preferred to hold on to Paul until the trade deadline ...and then tanked after. they feel 66 meaningless games was to much of a price to pay. One of those guys takes his wife to Mavs vs. Dallas game and has done so faithfully the past 3 years even when Paul was hurt. Now he plains to join some of the of us for the Lakers Mavs game instead ...

Also if longterm contracts were to be avoided, why did you guys negotiate with Gordon? agree his agent was crazy but if the plan was to have one young stud to build around ... and it appears they chose the wrong one. And it even if he does get healthy the odds of him re-signing look slim right now.

DPG21920
03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Gordon should be back soon...

slick'81
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
gordon could be back in a week

baseline bum
03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
LOL Hornets missing out on emo fat Odom, 41% Martin, and 32 year-old just signed a huge extension Scola. That Lakers deal would have been such an incredible failure for the bugs.

Koolaid_Man
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
this really touched me

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/03/happy-dog-welcomes-soldier-home/

Killakobe81
03-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Why so his new Adidas commercials dont seem so shamefully out of place? If they are tanking ... why bring him back? :lol

I get they need to see SOMETHING but wouldn't it be better to wait until they have assured themselves of a top 3 pick? Charlotte and Washington are playing really crappy ball. A few ill-timed wins could set you back a few lots in this "loaded" draft.

Chad Ford agrees with me ... if you dont get Davis, every other lottery pick has HUGE holes in their games. I am extremely disappointed with Barnes. I like UNC and him coming back probably does nothing to ensure a FINAL 4 berth ... I though he could be a smaller durant but he look smore like a skinny Marvin Williams with a better jumper. I also like Kidd-Gilchrist but someone is onna tank a season for him? I love this game ...

DPG21920
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Game winner from EG

Killakobe81
04-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Game winner from EG

That is good shit. His next team will enjoy the great shooting for 41 games a year ...:lol

Real talk, good for him. i like his game when he is healthy ...

Darth_Pelican
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
J Jack doesn't play, Gordon does. Gordon makes the clutch play at the end. Hornets win. Ah the simplicity of basketball.

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
He's still out of shape, but he made some nice plays today. Hornets were semi-healthy tonight and beat Denver, but they struggled again in the 4th quarter after having a double digit lead.

Killakobe81
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
How is Vasquez? I saw he had a decent amount of assists. obviously he is not a starter for a good team but I think he could be a good career backup

Pelicans78
04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
How is Vasquez? I saw he had a decent amount of assists. obviously he is not a starter for a good team but I think he could be a good career backup

He's good offensively. He's tall, he can shoot, dribble, and pass. Only concern is his foot speed. Offensively he's fine as a starter, but defensively he can be a liability with his foot speed. Very skilled offensively.

BRHornet45
04-04-2012, 11:36 PM
piss poor shooting 3 of 11 tonight as expected. he lucked up big time at the end when taking that extremely selfish shot trying to be the hero and the refs called a phantom call putting him at the line with two seconds left.

DPG21920
04-04-2012, 11:41 PM
How'd Beli do? Post his stats pls...

BRHornet45
04-04-2012, 11:45 PM

18 minutes, 5 points

he is done until the Hornets get rid of Gordon. they will give him all the playing time.

DPG21920
04-04-2012, 11:47 PM
That's dumb. Play them both monty

DPG21920
04-04-2012, 11:48 PM
7-9 fts is beast tho...

Pelicans78
04-05-2012, 12:27 AM

2-7 from the field.