PDA

View Full Version : Nash is the Lakers priority

TheMACHINE
02-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Yo so here is the scoop at fricken 2:15am PST. Just got off the phone with my source and he said the Lakers are definately interested in Arenas but dont just wanna pull the trigger just yet. The Lakers have one spot open and may need that for a Dwight Howard or Deron Williams or Steve Nash trade. Yes I said Nash!

Word in the streetz is that Pheonix is willing to trade Nash to a contender to show appreciation for the loyalty he has shown over the years. Lakers are the number one choice and Lamars trade exception is definately involved. Since nash is making only 11 million, setting up a trade isnt too difficult.

If these trades dont happen, then Gilbert will be a lakers .

Updates to follow shortly.

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 05:22 AM
If I'm the Suns I rather hold onto him for 2+ more seasons instead of unloading him for basically nothing.

Who is going to sell tickets? Gortat?

Calispursfan11
02-14-2012, 05:24 AM
That would make their average age around 42 wouldn't it? I don't see the Kobe system working with Nash but I could be wrong.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2012, 05:49 AM
lakers are back in the title pursuit if they get Deron or DH (not likely to happen tho, since both n!ggas are joining Dallas come summer), another TOSB (nash) ain't givin em no legit help imho

bluebellmaniac
02-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Word in the streetz is that Pheonix is willing to trade Nash to a contender to show appreciation for the loyalty he has shown over the years. Lakers are the number one choice and Lamars trade exception is definately involved. Since nash is making only 11 million, setting up a trade isnt too difficult.

I don't see why Phoenix gives up Nash for nothing, which it would be if the trade exception is included. Appreciation or not, you don't give away talent like Nash for nothing in return.

TheMACHINE
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM
That would make their average age around 42 wouldn't it? I don't see the Kobe system working with Nash but I could be wrong.

if he cant work with Nash, then he cant work with any PG.

Leetonidas
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Yo so here is the scoop at fricken 2:15am PST. Just got off the phone with my source and he said the Lakers are definately interested in Arenas but dont just wanna pull the trigger just yet. The Lakers have one spot open and may need that for a Dwight Howard or Deron Williams or Steve Nash trade. Yes I said Nash!

You have no sources faggot, your schtick is old and tired and never funny to begin with

Giuseppe
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
if he cant work with Nash, then he cant work with any PG.

The last headstrong case that tried to work with Nash got run off. Sure, Porter ran off with 10 million dollars, but, Nash still got his way.

Findog
02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I can see the Suns trading Nash to a contender but their biggest rival? Don't see it.

Goran Dragic
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
People have been saying "Trade Nash to a contender!" for some time now. It's not gonna happen. He's retiring a Sun and this off season they're gonna sign him to a contract he wouldn't be able to get anywhere else.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-14-2012, 11:49 AM
There's a difference between playing with a superstar, MVP caliber big man who dominates the ball on many possessions and playing with an aging formerly MVP caliber PG who dominates the ball on many possessions. Bynum and Gasol would be the ones who'd get some benefit from Nash being around but I doubt Kobe would. Not that any of it matters because this is all bullshit anyways.

Also my sources tell me that Stern would block this deal, and any deal that would get a new PG for the Lakers because Fisher sold out the players union in exchange for Stern making sure that his starting spot was always safe.

Giuseppe
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
There's a difference between playing with a superstar, MVP caliber big man who dominates the ball on many possessions and playing with an aging formerly MVP caliber PG who dominates the ball on many possessions. Bynum and Gasol would be the ones who'd get some benefit from Nash being around but I doubt Kobe would. Not that any of it matters because this is all bullshit anyways.

Also my sources tell me that Stern would block this deal, and any deal that would get a new PG for the Lakers because Fisher sold out the players union in exchange for Stern making sure that his starting spot was always safe.

Nash is a loser.

But, he's white, so it's okay.

Pelicans78
02-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Trade Kobe for Nash. Makes sense.

Sportstudi
02-14-2012, 12:31 PM
lakers are back in the title pursuit if they get Deron or DH (not likely to happen tho, since both n!ggas are joining Dallas come summer), another TOSB (nash) ain't givin em no legit help imho

I wouldn't call someone with his shooting a TOSB. IMO it's off the charts (56/44/87) and he's leading the league in APG (10.3) while being 38 years old. Btw, he's only playing 31.4 MPG. His AST% this season is at 58.1, that's just nasty. If he keeps that up, it will be the highest AST% for a single season of all time, topping John Stockton's 57.46 in 90-91. Think about Nash what you want, but to say he's a TOSB right now is ridiculous.

sefant77
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Lakers not even have expiring contracts. Or young talents to send to Phoenix.

So: lol

lurker
02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Steve will retire as a Sun. He made his decision years ago to choose money over playing for a contender.

Giuseppe
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Steve will retire as a Sun. He made his decision years ago to choose money over playing for a contender.

He knew his own limitations.

Latarian Milton
02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
the 38yr old squire ain't havin much left in him imho, he might still be a dynamo in offense but at the defensive end he's just a BIG liability as he's ever been, when the game turns more physically come playoffs the young PGs (lowry for example) would bull the shit out of him

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Lakers not even have expiring contracts. Or young talents to send to Phoenix.

So: lol
Yup. And the teams are rivals

This isn't a Nash struggling on a bottom feeder & Lakers stacked (Think 2004)

If I'm the Suns front office I like the combo of Nash/Gortat, some shooters, and defenders. I player away from being a contender in the West

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
:lol

They were the 2nd best team in the league in 2007....Horry foul

DMC
02-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Nash in Miami would be interesting.

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 07:47 PM

Bron would be useless

Spursfan092120
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Until your source shows me something, I'm thinking it's one of these guys...

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/magic_8_ball.jpg

Latarian Milton
02-14-2012, 08:48 PM

yeah he'd be a decent 3rd option @ PG for us tbh

Huey Freeman
02-14-2012, 08:57 PM

Bron would be useless

I dont now about that imo
Dude can still dish out 30-40 points in any giving night. Maybe his assist totals will go down drastically.

Spursfan092120
02-14-2012, 08:57 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/steve_nash_wants_to_stay_in_phoenix_less_intereste d_in_championship/5787772

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Steve_Nash/2071676/suns-gm-lon-babby-says-that-if-steve-nash-wants-to-stay-in-phoenix

In case you don't feel like reading, the first one says Nash wants to stay in Phoenix, and isn't concerned about a title, and the second says Lon Babby says if Nash wants to stay in Phoenix, they won't be trading him.

Double-Up
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM

If your source is sportscenter as I suspect then this thread is as pointless as your last one...lol Kenyon Martin.

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
When do Lakers push the Gasol & Bynum to Orlando button?

Spursfan092120
02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
If your source is sportscenter as I suspect then this thread is as pointless as your last one...lol Kenyon Martin.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190143

TheGreatest23
02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
lol at the obsessed people who are calling out Machine as if its breaking news.

JMarkJohns
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Send Phoenix the Dallas 1st and deal.

NewcastleKEG
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
lol at the obsessed people who are calling out Machine as if its breaking news.
He's polluting the board with his filth

Dunc n Dave
02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
I thought trade exceptions can't be packaged with other players' in a trade. They can only used seperately. Lamar is an $8.9 million exception for the Lakers. By my calculations the most salary they could take back for the TE is $10.68 million. Nash makes $11.69 million this season after signing the extension. The Lakers are $1 million short.

Only way this deal happens is if the TE is not used and a guy like Gasol is sent to Phoenix (or a some package including Artest/Barnes/Blake)

TheMACHINE
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
He's polluting the board with his filth

oh yah...cuz this board is really clean without me. :rolleyes

Reck
02-15-2012, 05:21 PM
oh yah...cuz this board is really clean without me. :rolleyes

You're right, Kool and Lakaluva are far more infectious.