PDA

View Full Version : WVU settles suit, to join Big 12 in July

elbamba
02-14-2012, 10:35 AM
MORGANTOWN, W. Va. -- West Virginia University says it has settled a lawsuit with the Big East conference for an unspecified amount, clearing the way for the Mountaineers to join the Big 12 in July.

Athletic director Oliver Luck says terms of the deal are confidential and WVU won't release details. But he says no state or taxpayer funds, tuition money or other academic revenues will be used. He says WVU will pay the Big East from private sources and money that athletics raised on its own.

Luck planned a news conference later Tuesday in Morgantown.

WVU sued the Big East in November, challenging its bylaws in a bid to join the Big 12. The Big East countersued four days later

"Our membership in the Big 12 offers WVU significant advantages," Luck said in a news release. "The Big 12 is a strong and vibrant conference academically and athletically. We look forward to the potential academic and athletic partnerships and financial opportunities that membership in the Big 12 offers."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7574104/west-virginia-mountaineers-join-big-12-july-big-east-lawsuit-settlement

Blake
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
They've already got schedules out. In October they travel to Lubbock, then the next week to Austin.

They're going to get tired of traveling to Texas very fast, imo

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Man I can't wait for that big12 opener TCU vs Kansas!!! Now that's a game right there. I mean Charlie Weis is back!!! Sick ass game. Badass conference.

ChumpDumper
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
These things are very important to you.

Blake
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Man I can't wait for that big12 opener TCU vs Kansas!!! Now that's a game right there. I mean Charlie Weis is back!!! Sick ass game. Badass conference.

Funny an aggy knows that. I wonder who else here knew that without looking it up.

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Funny an aggy knows that. I wonder who else here knew that without looking it up.

It was all over espn like 2 days ago but that doesn't matter. Where is the watch party going to be?? Man that's going to be a crazy matchup between big 12 power houses. It's going to be a packed house in Lawrence!

ColinB
02-16-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't get it. It's not like A&M left seeking better competition. They couldn't even cut it in the Big 12.

ThePop
02-16-2012, 04:17 PM
It was all over espn like 2 days ago but that doesn't matter. Where is the watch party going to be?? Man that's going to be a crazy matchup between big 12 power houses. It's going to be a packed house in Lawrence!

What did they feed you guys in College Station?

Blake
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM

ESPN was all over it?

Is that bad?

Blake
02-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't get it. It's not like A&M left seeking better competition. They couldn't even cut it in the Big 12.

They aren't scared of the SEC!