PDA

View Full Version : Brazil's Spurs @ Pistons photo album

Brazil
02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Thank you Detroit for the run in the fourth :lol the end of the game has been awesome with the classic hack a Ben... the few people on the arena went crazy !!

some random thoughts from the game

- Prince is a wonderful basketball player, he is so fluid almost effortless, really nice to see him play the game
- The palace is a real great arena.. too bad it was empty
- Matt is sooo soft sometimes :bang
- The Pistons cheers leaders are not bad at all
- The spurs players seem to be literally terrorized by Pop... every time they fail at something they look at Pop to see if he is mad or not... unbelievable...
- This team is going to face big issues come PO time when they will have to play crafty athletic team that are going to play physical on them...
- Wallace deserved his standing ovation at the end of the game
- Stukey is athletic as hell
- Pistons fans were pretty happy to see Tiago a lot on the bench
- Typical Tim... you look the game and you think Tim is having a quiet night then you check the box score :lol

here is the link to the pics I took + 1 or 2 vids (no high quality but I hope you will enjoy it)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76662645@N02/

Robz4000
02-15-2012, 12:04 AM
I agree with all of that, but I thought the Spurs responded well to the toughness. They managed to reverse the momentum at the end of the game on the road against a team whose record doesn't really match how they've been playing lately.

Brazil
02-15-2012, 12:15 AM
I agree with all of that, but I thought the Spurs responded well to the toughness. They managed to reverse the momentum at the end of the game on the road against a team whose record doesn't really match how they've been playing lately.

They reversed it IMO because it is the Pistons... even if they are playing some good bb lately they haven't a lot of talents. At one point spurs have been eaten by jerebko, ben and rodney those 3 put the fire on the spurs playing with intensity. To stop the bleeding I wish pop could have thrown in the battle Tiago to help on Ben and Leonard... we needed athleticism but we stayed with Tim not solid enough on ben and the soft RJ and Matt. it almost cost us the game.

I also think a full arena would have made a difference for the pistons

Robz4000
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Part of the reason they were even in it was due to Pop not putting Leonard on Prince to start the game. If he didn't shoot lights out Spurs win by 20+, but I don't think any of us were expecting this kinda game from him. I'd of honestly liked to of seen more Blair/Tiago when the going got tough. Blair, though an idiot at times, is one of the toughest players on the Spurs and could've given a good response. Splitter is always getting beat on against opposing teams so he knows how to handle it.

Also, I expect the Pistons to be a higher-seeded playoff team in a few years (if Prince stays around and Monroe keeps developing) with the young talent they got and what they'll prolly get in this draft. Full arena definitely would've made more of a difference; there's no excuse for the Spurs to allow a 15-0 run, and I expect Pop to let them know this. A fully capable Manu will do wonders for a lot of the concerns garnered from tonight.

Also forgot to mention in my first post, awesome pics! Though the team really looks bummed out in most of them. 100% right 'bout dem cheerleaders...

ElNono
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing :toast

BanditHiro
02-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I love it when another team's arena is completely dead and empty.

ego
02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I love it when another team's arena is completely dead and empty.

Incredible to see an empty arena like this !

Kewni Leonard
02-15-2012, 02:40 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76662645@N02/6879180297/in/photostream/lightbox/

lol You can see me in this picture; under "Damien Wilkins", there's a guy wearing a black shirt to the right of me. I have my legs up on the seat.

jjktkk
02-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Thanks for posting the pics.

SpurNation
02-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the pics. I've never seen an nba arena that empty.

Brazil
02-15-2012, 08:43 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76662645@N02/6879180297/in/photostream/lightbox/

lol You can see me in this picture; under "Damien Wilkins", there's a guy wearing a black shirt to the right of me. I have my legs up on the seat.

Saw you... nice !! I was really right behind the bench always with a beer in hand:lol

Brazil
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the pics. I've never seen an nba arena that empty.

Me neither... this is the fourth game I went into and most of the time this is that empty. A real shame, the arena is really really great but Detroiters are totally giving up on their team... This arena was one of the loudest in the nba.

I do think one of the reason is the fact that the tigers, lions have had a really good season and the red wings enjoy a full arena every night.

Kewni Leonard
02-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Saw you... nice !! I was really right behind the bench always with a beer in hand:lol

ha Those beers are way too expensive. The lady came around to hand us a menu and I think it said $9. I was like :lmao

How much did you pay for your seats? They are really good ones.

Brazil
02-15-2012, 09:07 AM
ha Those beers are way too expensive. The lady came around to hand us a menu and I think it said $9. I was like :lmao

How much did you pay for your seats? They are really good ones.

I paid $125. To give you a comparison I bought tickets to see the red wings, I only found upper levers like really upper levers at $150 !

Yeah the beer is expensive but man the cheerleaders were delightful

703 Spurz
02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Worst crowd ever? I've seen the crowd at Wizards games be more populated than that

Amuseddaysleeper
02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Awesome pics my friend, keep 'em coming!

CGD
02-15-2012, 10:18 AM
I do think one of the reason is the fact that the tigers, lions have had a really good season and the red wings enjoy a full arena every night.

It also doesn't help that unlike the other teams, the Pistons don't actually play in The D.

will_spurs
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I was really right behind the bench always with a beer in hand:lol

Did you wear your "Free Tiago" t-shirt? Did you make disparaging comments about Pop and Bonner's love affair VERY LOUD? Did you? Did you? :lol

timvp
02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Brazil, I remember you posting about potentially moving to the Detroit area. I assume you actually made the move. Cool pics :tu

Brazil
02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Brazil, I remember you posting about potentially moving to the Detroit area. I assume you actually made the move. Cool pics :tu

Absolutely ! I moved beginning of July, August for the rest of the family. It's, for sure, very different compared to Brazil but I'm enjoying a lot my new job and the opportunity to work with Americans, the kids are lovin' the new school and my wife found a job few weeks ago... On top of that I'm probably going to work with a company owned by Vinnie Johnson... can't wait our first working meeting next week... I hope he will invite me soon to see some Pistons games with him !

Brazil
02-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Did you wear your "Free Tiago" t-shirt? Did you make disparaging comments about Pop and Bonner's love affair VERY LOUD? Did you? Did you? :lol

:lol I sure did !! At one moment Tiago was looking in my direction because of a crazy brazilian fan yelling TTTiiiaaaagggggooooooo eu te amo !!! I told him in portgues to ask for more PT to Pop ! He just smiled and gave a :tu to me or probably to the crazy brazilian fan. (the :tu is a very brazilian stuff)

I tried to speak to TP in French but he was soooo focused or penetrated or depressed that he didn't listen / hear. I can tell you he was not having a fun night.

mercos
02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Great pics, thanks for sharing. It really is sad to see how far Detroit has fallen since their run just a few short years ago. I hate seeing empty arenas anywhere in the NBA.

Spurs Brazil
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Great job Brazil!

Thanks for the pics

Brazil
02-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Great job Brazil!

Thanks for the pics

thanks SB !

O que vc ta achando do Tiagao ? ta indo bem ne ? Achei que 22 minutos contra Detroit nao tava tao ruim assim mas em minha opinao, Pop podria encaixar ums 5 / 7 minutos a mais. Parece ser um cara bacana, tava tranquilho na quadra, relaxado :toast

Kewni Leonard
02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
I paid $125. To give you a comparison I bought tickets to see the red wings, I only found upper levers like really upper levers at $150 !

Yeah the beer is expensive but man the cheerleaders were delightful

Oh, word. I got both of my tickets and VIP parking for $31 total. I'm actually sort of glad the Pistons suck now. :lol

Brazil
02-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh, word. I got both of my tickets and VIP parking for $31 total. I'm actually sort of glad the Pistons suck now. :lol

I fully agree !!

You work in Detroit area or are u studying ?

Kewni Leonard
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I fully agree !!

You work in Detroit area or are u studying ?

I live in the area. About an hour away.

Spurs Brazil
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
thanks SB !

O que vc ta achando do Tiagao ? ta indo bem ne ? Achei que 22 minutos contra Detroit nao tava tao ruim assim mas em minha opinao, Pop podria encaixar ums 5 / 7 minutos a mais. Parece ser um cara bacana, tava tranquilho na quadra, relaxado :toast

Acho que ta indo muito bem e vai melhorar ainda mais quando o Pop der mais uns minutos. Espero que nos playoffs ele jogue ao lado do TD

Brazil
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
BTW Detroit is winning tonite @ Boston by 10 pts 1 mn to go

Brazil
02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
+ a bad team and a bad economy

In addition, the Red Wings were going for a record last night. Which they eclipsed..

Needless to say, Pistons fans have been disillusioned that past few seasons. But once they start putting a decent product back on the floor, they will come back in force.

Certainly helps that the ownership debacle has been settled after the death of Davidson as well.

good points even tough the economy in the area is recovering pretty well... Ford, Chrysler, GM and therefore the auto parts companies are recruiting a lot recently

Whisky Dog
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Awesome thread, Brazil. I remember that thread you made about possibly moving to Detroit or somewhere else. Glad the move has worked well for you and you can enjoy some live Spurs ball.

Brazil
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome thread, Brazil. I remember that thread you made about possibly moving to Detroit or somewhere else. Glad the move has worked well for you and you can enjoy some live Spurs ball.

Thanks Whisky !!

Kewni Leonard
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
@Brazil TBH how does this part of the world compare to where you came from? I live around you and I hate it.

Brazil
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
@Brazil TBH how does this part of the world compare to where you came from? I live around you and I hate it.

I live in West Bloomfield not very fun tbh but I have two kids so it is very nice for the family. Where are you ?

I arrived in Michigan 6 month ago so it's quite new for me. Before that I spent 6 years in Brazil... and well Brazil is just freaking awesome... best country in the world for me... I loved it, the weather, the people, the beaches, the way of life...

I do believe that for the family Michigan is great, I live around a bunch of lakes, schools are excellent, plenty of stuff to do... the cost of living is quite cheap compared to France and Brazil...

But I miss Brazil for sure... I'm not missing France too much only family

Kewni Leonard
02-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I live in West Bloomfield not very fun tbh but I have two kids so it is very nice for the family. Where are you ?

I arrived in Michigan 6 month ago so it's quite new for me. Before that I spent 6 years in Brazil... and well Brazil is just freaking awesome... best country in the world for me... I loved it, the weather, the people, the beaches, the way of life...

I do believe that for the family Michigan is great, I live around a bunch of lakes, schools are excellent, plenty of stuff to do... the cost of living is quite cheap compared to France and Brazil...

But I miss Brazil for sure... I'm not missing France too much only family

West Bloomfield is cheap compared to where you lived in Brazil? Damn, you must have a shit ton of money. lol I live on the OH/MI state line, but have been to Detroit area/Auburn Hills a bunch of times.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Brazil
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
West Bloomfield is cheap compared to where you lived in Brazil? Damn, you must have a shit ton of money. lol I live on the OH/MI state line, but have been to Detroit area/Auburn Hills a bunch of times.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

You live in Toledo ?

I don't have a shit ton of money, my company is paying for the house and the school.
Yep Michigan is cheap compared to Sao Paulo... Sao Paulo cost of living is just freaking insane.

I'm CFO of a French company.