PDA

View Full Version : LA Times goes off at Lakers management/coaching staff

ElNono
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
These Lakers really aren't his type (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20120215,0,4339173.column)

TinTin
02-15-2012, 11:55 AM
On Tuesday, Brown fired back by saying he told World Peace, "If I was a stats guy, you wouldn't be playing at all."

:lol

NRHector
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
bunch of bandwagonners

BlackSwordsMan
02-15-2012, 11:57 AM
but not at kobe? the team leader? pussies

JamStone
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
"I would, however, like to brain them."

I'm going to go ahead and assume Plaschke doesn't know what that comment suggests.

DeadlyDynasty
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
"I would, however, like to brain them."

I'm going to go ahead and assume Plaschke doesn't know what that comment suggests.

:lol

IslpBwlagLQ

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
My assumptions differ. I believe that he knows exactly what it means and years of being upstaged by Mariotti and Page have filled him with enough rage to bludgeon a group of basketball players to death.

Giuseppe
02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Media could babysit 'em like they do here. But, then they'd be something like O for their last 53.

tee, hee.

JamStone
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
My assumptions differ. I believe that he knows exactly what it means and years of being upstaged by Mariotti and Page have filled him with enough rage to bludgeon a group of basketball players to death.

I was referring to a completely different slang definition of brain...

Sportcamper
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
BILL PLASCHKE is a great writer however this article is was way off the mark.…Lakers tried to make things happen but were not successful…That’s all there is to it…It may be years before the Lakers get back into championship form…I just question the Lakers scouts…Jeremy Lin was Calis High School player of the year & nobody from the Lakers organization had ever heard of him till a few weeks ago…:lol

djohn2oo8
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
BILL PLASCHKE is a great writer however this article is was way off the mark.…Lakers tried to make things happen but were not successful…That’s all there is to it…It may be years before the Lakers get back into championship form…I just question the Lakers scouts…Jeremy Lin was Calis High School player of the year & nobody from the Lakers organization had ever heard of him till a few weeks ago…:lol
He's one of the worst sportswriters/tv personalities alongside JA Adande who looks like a drag queen, aka lakaluva.

NRHector
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Why are you questioning the scouts? Lin and Bryant would never work, Lin is a team player

Sportcamper
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
He's one of the worst sportswriters/tv personalities alongside JA Adande

Doooood...You are clue-less....

Killakobe81
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM

Sorry but the Lakers tried to get him in to our camp after he went undrafted ... IIRC ... but he chose Gstate instead ...

Killakobe81
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
This is the one reason why the Lakers are interested in Lin. He is smart and skilled. Considering Lin is out of Harvard, he should have no problem learning the infamous Triangle Offense.

I have a feeling that Lin could have a potential future in the game of basketball whether it be with the Lakers or some team like the Dallas Mavericks.

This was taken from an old article from Hayden Kim .... after 2009 summer league

Sportcamper
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
So the story you are going with is that the Lakers knew how good Lin was but they did not draft him & then could not wrestle him away from Golden State? Now who is being naïve…

Killakobe81
02-15-2012, 01:29 PM
So the story you are going with is that the Lakers knew how good Lin was but they did not draft him & then could not wrestle him away from Golden State? Now who is being naïve…

Im just telling you the Lakers had interest in the kid. Who says that we went hard after him and he refused? you imply to much. I can just tell you and Mike Brown confirmed is that they like Jeremy Lin. Going back to his first NBA summer league ...

You act like the Lakers get EVERY player we want. Plus he is pnr PG and we ran the triangle.

Good to see you back, but dont be an ass ...:rollin

Killakobe81
02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
"Linsanity" could have come to Hollywood instead of the bright lights of Broadway.

The Los Angeles Lakers, who were one of several teams to express interest in New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin when he went undrafted out of Harvard in 2010, also considered signing the 6-foot-3, 200-pound point guard before this season began when Lin was a free agent.

"He didn't play much, I knew who he was because when he was floating out there, I know [Lakers general manager] Mitch [Kupchak] had some interest in him and he brought his name up to me," Lakers coach Mike Brown said before Friday's game in New York. "But, obviously with the success he's had these last few games, it's more attention that he's been getting. You're hearing a lot about him."

Brown would not speculate how close the Lakers came to signing Lin after already drafting two guards, Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock, who were already vying for roster spots.

"I have no clue. We brought up a million names," Brown said. "I know that [B]Mitch liked the guy and thought highly of him."

To read more (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7564303/mike-brown-says-los-angeles-lakers-had-considered-signing-jeremy-lin)

Like I said I remember his name coming up because I actually watch summer league games. I was already living in dallas and the Mavs actually had him in camp ... but let him go

Sportcamper
02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Excuse me…You are not a Lakers insider…Don’t act like you are…I am the authority on this board when it comes to the Lakers…And when I say the Lakers were clueless you need to accept this as divine truth coming from the burning bush…The Lakers have been in search for a speedy PG for over a decade and they did not even know about one in their own state who was H.S. player of the year…They have a deficiency with their scouting team…

Killakobe81
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Excuse me…You are not a Lakers insider…Don’t act like you are…I am the authority on this board when it comes to the Lakers…And when I say the Lakers were clueless you need to accept this as divine truth coming from the burning bush…The Lakers have been in search for a speedy PG for over a decade and they did not even know about one in their own state who was H.S. player of the year…They have a deficiency with their scouting team…

Never said I was :lol
Just said Lakers were interested were trying to get him to sign with them to be at the end of our bench...he chose a different opportunity instead. i think we only offered him a training camp invite IIRC ...

But based on this post compared to you, I AM A Lakers insider ...:rollin

BUMP
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM

:lol thinking that an NBA team automatically has an edge in signing players who played high school ball in the same state