PDA

View Full Version : Linsanity, the domino theory, and why the knicks will continue to win.

MattBonnerExperience
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Back in January things where looking BAD, New York was 7-15 and Jeremy Lin was stuck in the D-league after being cut by two teams. But as you all know, then linsanity happend.
The crazy thing is that one man has single handedly has changed the knicks and made them so much better, some without even trying. He's made them better by giving them energy again and playing true D'Antoni basketball.
Jeremy Lin can't keep up this play, let's get that out in the open. Right now he's playing better than Derrick Rose in his MVP season and that won't keep up either by Melo's return, or the scouting report catching up.
This is where the domino effect takes place, Lin has pumped up the intensity and as a result, everybody is playing with the energy you need for Antoni ball. The good thing is that his turnovers , one of his biggest faults are only going to go down as he gets more comfortable with his teammates and the system.
He's also fixed New Yorks backcourt issue. Iman Shumpert is not a point guard, When he started he took as much shoots as Amar'e and Melo, made about 30% of them ,and only had 3 assists a game. He was one of the main reasons they where losing but with Lin taking up most of the linutes (I'm sorry) Shump gets to move back to his native 2 guard spot and continue his being a black hole of everything good on offense.
Lin could never go above 10 points a game for the rest of the year but he's so aggressive and smart he will find a way for the knicks to keep winning, he's not going to be taking game winning shots from the iso but the knicks now have a shot at the title which is a lot more than they could say 3 weeks ago.
Mabye that's why linsanity's getting to everyone, he's a true diamond in the rough.

VBM
02-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Knicks just needed a PG, and I thought if they got Baron Davis healthy for the postseason, they could make a run (picked them to rep the East in the finals in one of the 345,678 prediction threads on ST). Feeling better about that prediction now.

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Knicks just needed a PG, and I thought if they got Baron Davis healthy for the postseason, they could make a run (picked them to rep the East in the finals in one of the 345,678 prediction threads on ST). Feeling better about that prediction now.

I feel sorry for Melo...he's living in perpetual fear of Lin and now has to share the ball with a kid who's proved himself all of what...5 games...Melo is fucked now...but in a way he did it to himself by his shitty play...I been telling nigrass for years..leave that alcohol alone it affects your game..that's what's wrong with Melo..Poor diet and booze.. NY getting ready to turn on Melo and it won't be pretty..Right now they want Melo to take a back seat to Lin....those fuckers actually think Lin is built for the long haul for the play-offs...Nothing has changed in NY those fuckers getting ready to over pay...I think he's a decent player but I'm not wrapped up in the hype...

VBM
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Nothing has changed in NY those fuckers getting ready to over pay...I think he's a decent player but I'm not wrapped up in the hype...

All he needs to be is decent. Melo took an L when Denver took off after trading him and by being swept last year. Fast forward to the present when Lin is getting more love in Melo's town than he is, and I think Melo might be humbled enough to buy into the team concept. If (big if) Melo can check himself a little, a lineup of Lin, Fields, Melo, STAT and Chandler can hang with anyone.

Senator Joseph McCarthy
02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree. The emergence of Jeremy Lin is the first phase in an irreversable process that will end with the whole of the Asian continent dominated by communist regimes.

thispego
02-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Havent been watching NY this year, but wtf happened to Landry fields? Wasn't he good the the last couple of years?

MattBonnerExperience
02-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Right now they want Melo to take a back seat to Lin....those fuckers actually think Lin is built for the long haul for the play-offs...Nothing has changed in NY those fuckers getting ready to over pay...I think he's a decent player but I'm not wrapped up in the hype...

:lol What are you talking about? Nobody is saying that Lin is superior to melo.

Leetonidas
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Havent been watching NY this year, but wtf happened to Landry fields? Wasn't he good the the last couple of years?

Considering he was a rookie last season, no

Juggity
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I agree. The emergence of Jeremy Lin is the first phase in an irreversable process that will end with the whole of the Asian continent dominated by communist regimes.

This troll is excellent. :tu

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
:lol What are you talking about? Nobody is saying that Lin is superior to melo.

ohh yes they are...:lol Melo bout to be on a crucifixion symbol...

MattBonnerExperience
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
ohh yes they are...:lol Melo bout to be on a crucifixion symbol...

I would love to read a credible source you have to back up this claim.