PDA

View Full Version : Haters gonna Hate

The_Worlds_finest
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
The nba is very happy that Lin is taking the spot light. Spurs are looking damn good. Discuss, the Spurs chances at title using the rodeo road trip performance as an championship indicator.

Juggity
02-15-2012, 09:41 PM
The Western Conference is as wide open as it has been in a long time. Beating OKC would be difficult but not impossible in a seven game series. Beating the Heat seems less plausible to me. They have too much firepower.

I will say that I think the Spurs will certainly be in a position to win the first round this year, in a way they weren't last year. Barring major catastrophe.

spurs1990
02-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Anyone notice how eerily simlar this season is playing out compared to 1999?

You remember the Heat were the 1 seed and the Knicks beat them that year.

How's about another Knicks-Spurs 2012 NBA Finals.

Juggity
02-15-2012, 09:44 PM

If that happened, the Spurs would be the villains in the finals. Everybody would be cheering for Lin to overcome adversity and lead his team to the title.

ezau
02-15-2012, 09:46 PM
POP owns D'Antoni in the playoffs. It'll be a walk in the park IMHO.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
i checkd the knicks vs kings boxscore, and all the highlight plays is of fkn lin.....

spurs operate better under the cover

ezau
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Lin has played out of his mind because nobody knows him. It's going to be different once teams start to prepare for him. Also, during the Knicks' winning, the only teams of note that they defeated were the Lakers and T-Pups.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2012, 10:06 PM
http://tinypic.cc/files/t/tumblrle8v14723.jpg

ElNono
02-15-2012, 10:28 PM
IMO, Miami still a step above the rest... but anything can happen, that's why they play the games...

I Heart Ginobili
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM
If that happened, the Spurs would be the villains in the finals. Everybody would be cheering for Lin to overcome adversity and lead his team to the title.

That would be a very unfamiliar scenario for this team...

Libri
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Magic Johnson considers the Spurs as one of the favorites.

As for Jon Barry, we know what he thinks.

Sean Cagney
02-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Anyone notice how eerily simlar this season is playing out compared to 1999?

You remember the Heat were the 1 seed and the Knicks beat them that year.

Spurs and BOSTON! I have been calling that since 08 lol! I swear it was meant to happen.
Magic Johnson considers the Spurs as one of the favorites.

As for Jon Barry, we know what he thinks.

Fuck his corny bald ass and his little snide smile when he mentions them! You can tell that idiot just hates them. I hate Jon Barry.

TampaDude
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Celtics are done...they will not even sniff the Finals.

Spurs-Heat or Spurs-Knicks for the :lobt2:

z0sa
02-16-2012, 01:07 PM
The Western Conference is as wide open as it has been in a long time. Beating OKC would be difficult but not impossible in a seven game series. Beating the Heat seems less plausible to me. They have too much firepower.

I will say that I think the Spurs will certainly be in a position to win the first round this year, in a way they weren't last year. Barring major catastrophe.

Most important is the first sentence. Winning a title is always difficult, but with some luck and continued winning a high seed MIGHT actually be good this season (unlike vs. Memphis last year) and allow us some confidence and rest.

That said, the Heat are favorites vs. everyone and it will take a large upset on any team's part to beat them at any stage.

DubMcDub
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Spurs are a relative lock to win the first round, >50% at winning second round in most matchups, outside shot at winning conf Finals, almost nonexistent shot of beating Miami.

But Miami doesn't get there. Who knows....

Horse
02-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Spurs are a relative lock to win the first round, >50% at winning second round in most matchups, outside shot at winning conf Finals, almost nonexistent shot of beating Miami.

But Miami doesn't get there. Who knows....
Miami is matt bonner come finals time, you know that better than anyone.

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I would love to face OKC in the playoffs, rather than Dallas, Lakers or even Memphis.

lefty
02-16-2012, 01:38 PM

lol

I would loe to face OKC in the playoffs

They dont scare me one bit

Proxy
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Miami is matt bonner come finals time, you know that better than anyone.

The Heat got to the finals. Beat CHI and BOS... so if Matt Bonner can do that, we're in good shape.