PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Tony for Dwight Howard

ElNono
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Tony is peaking, Dwight is looking to move to another team. Both All Stars.

If you had the chance, would you do it?

Bill_Brasky
02-15-2012, 11:00 PM
If I knew Dwight would stay and give it his all, yes. If he's gonna continue to mail it in here like he's doing in Orlando and jet in the off-season, nah.

Seventyniner
02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
It would be risky, but I would do it. Winning a title this year could very well convince him to stay, and if it doesn't happen...well, it's called risk for a reason.

FkLA
02-15-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.memecreator.net/futurama-fry/showimage.php/420/NOT-SURE-IF-SERIOUS-.jpg

mystargtr34
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Not enough minutes for Dwight behind Timmy and Bon Bon to take on that contract.

GSH
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Assume you're talking about getting him extended, and not just rented? Maybe - and only because I still think it's ultimately a big man's game. Last year the answer would have been a simple "yes". But Tony has proven that he can step up and put a team on his shoulders. That's hard to replace anywhere. Dwight has the physical skills to do it. Does he have the head for it? I'm not so sure.

The Lakers have two pretty damn good big men, and Kobe, and they're still scrambling for a point guard. I think I'd have to hang onto the known quantity.

I wish someone would pay me for all that brain work.

Robz4000
02-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Nope. Spurs just need a 3rd big that can play D and perform in the post well enough. Just do that and the team can contend.

JR3
02-15-2012, 11:10 PM
It was actually really hard for me to vote yes but I would ultimately do it. I would probably regret it though.

ElNono
http://i41.tinypic.com/20p8n4p.png

jag
These are difficult times for the CoM

DPG21920
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I would do it for a season rental.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
:lol

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Tough call. Maybe trade Manu to the Knicks for Lin instead?

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Tough call. Maybe trade Manu to the Knicks for Lin instead?

CoP poll, tbh... you should get that going

spursfaninla
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I would do it for a season rental.

Why? Just for the excitement of a true "twin towers" moment?

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
CoP poll, tbh... you should get that going

But would you do it?

jag
02-15-2012, 11:16 PM
But would you do it?

:corn:

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:17 PM
But would you do it?

Hell no

angelbelow
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I would do it with the current circumstances. (Not knowing if Dwight would accept an extension.)

Ticket sales and a legit shot at the championship this year.

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Hell no

Spurs would finally have their point guard though, right? What a shame it would be to finally have someone who would pass to Manu and then no Manu though.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Spurs would finally have their point guard though, right? What a shame it would be to finally have someone who would pass to Manu and then no Manu though.

No. I have no complaints when it comes to Tony. I'm actually valuing him superlatively if I'm considering him worthy of a trade for Howard.

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:21 PM
This is a stretch, but what if the Knicks offered Lin+Shumpert for Manu?

ElNono
Plus you would be making the Knicks contender, so... definitely no

DPG21920
Why? Just for the excitement of a true "twin towers" moment?

Because I feel the team would have a better chance to win it all this year if done. It would be heart breaking to see TP go but we would have the best defense in the league, still have a top 3 bench and a guard that can handle the ball in Manu.

I would trade Manu for a season of Dwight as well in place of TP.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
This is a stretch, but what if the Knicks offered Lin+Shumpert for Manu?

I would consider Melo + Amare, but then salaries likely wouldn't match...

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:24 PM
I would consider Melo + Amare, but then salaries likely wouldn't match...

No dice. I'd rather have Lin since a Harvard grad is smart enough to know you don't do pushups right before critical free-throws tbh.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
No dice. I'd rather have Lin since a Harvard grad is smart enough to know you don't do pushups right before critical free-throws tbh.

Plus it's unlikely Tony would pass the ball to either Melo or Amare.

Hoops Czar
02-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Without a point guard, having howard is a waist. Ford is terrible and manu would be gased by the playoffs. Pass!

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Without a point guard, having howard is a waist. Ford is terrible and manu would be gased by the playoffs. Pass!

What about Corey Joseph? :lol

baseline bum
02-15-2012, 11:33 PM
The biggest problem is I just don't see Dwight passing the ball to Manu any more than Tony does. I'm not sure what this deal is supposed to accomplish.

angelbelow
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM

Howard played with Jameer Nelson. Isn't that difficult to dump the ball to someone like Dwight.

GSH
I would do it with the current circumstances. (Not knowing if Dwight would accept an extension.)

Ticket sales and a legit shot at the championship this year.

You really think they could bring home a trophy with their PG's being TJ Ford, Cory Joseph, and Neal? I'm not trying to bait you - I really wonder if you think that could happen.

ffadicted
No cuz he wouldn't stay

Banzai
02-15-2012, 11:39 PM
TP is a Spur for life..I can't imagine him, Manu on any other team.

FkLA
02-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Are some of you really saying no? Parker is a great player and has been carrying this team but Howard is in a different tier. Top 3-5 player in the league for the past couple of seasons.

Id do it for a season rental as well. I like our chances to win it all this year better with Dwight, Manu, and Tim than I do with Manu, Tony, and Tim. What happened after this year wouldnt matter much if we got that 5th ring. If I put sentimental feelings aside and simply looked at it from a purely basketball perspective Id even be willing to trade Manu for a season rental of Howard.

spectator
02-15-2012, 11:42 PM
i'd do it for a rental as well

but what type of assets would the spurs have to give up? the magic want youth and picks and talent. do you believe you can beat the nets' package with tp + rj + neal + pick(s)? definitely not.

DPG21920
02-15-2012, 11:45 PM
There is no possibility of this happening :lol

Purely hypothetical Spectator

DesignatedT
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Rather trade Manu. I would trade either if Dwight agreed to an extension before hand. No way for a half a season.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:47 PM
The biggest problem is I just don't see Dwight passing the ball to Manu any more than Tony does. I'm not sure what this deal is supposed to accomplish.

Trading PG dominance*for big dominance...

* when the opposing PG is not called Mike Conley Jr

angelbelow
02-15-2012, 11:51 PM
You really think they could bring home a trophy with their PG's being TJ Ford, Cory Joseph, and Neal? I'm not trying to bait you - I really wonder if you think that could happen.

Before I get too invested, I just want to state that this trade would never happen in a million years. Trading a big for a guard is generally considered a cardinal sin and in this case the magic have the better player.

I do think we'd have a better shot at winning it all if we acquired Dwight and lost Tony in the process. The hole at point is definitely glaring but Dwight is probably the most dominant big men in the game today. History has been kind to teams with dominant bigs, and for good reason. With that said.. its still a tough trade to swallow given Tony's history and the fact that Dwight's extension isn't guaranteed. But to have Dwight, even as a rental, makes a ton of sense from a business perspectiv (media coverage, ticket sales, merch etc). It also gives us the option to potentially sign one of the legit franchise players in the NBA (pretty rare position for small market teams to be in.) Additionally, we give Duncan another shot at the title with a serious talent upgrade. The trade won't answer our prayers and hand us a championship, but I do believe it puts in an excellent position to do so.

mercos
02-15-2012, 11:52 PM
No, because Howard would not resign and I would not give away a franchise PG for a rental. Howard does not guarantee a championship as his ringless fingers indicate. I like our chances with the roster we have in this wide open season. I like our future as well with a 29 year old top 5 point guard and a 27 year old center who looks very promising in his own right.

Howard is no doubt the best big man in the game right now, but his game is based almost solely on his athleticism. His game is not going to age like a fine wine, it is going to age like milk. I would not want to be the one holding his max contract when he spoils.

ElNono
02-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Howard is no doubt the best big man in the game right now, but his game is based almost solely on his athleticism. His game is not going to age like a fine wine, it is going to age like milk. I would not want to be the one holding his max contract when he spoils.

So you wouldn't do it even if he agrees to a max deal?

Hoops Czar
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Howard played with Jameer Nelson. Isn't that difficult to dump the ball to someone like Dwight.
It would be addition by subraction. I personally don't like the idea of losing an elite pg for a center who can't help his current team win when it matters most. Some of that falls on the shoulders of van gundy for underutilizing his center and admittedly, thats part of orlando's problem. But, i can assure you, orlando won't win in the post season with nelson running the point and howard, although he won't say, knows this.

Kewni Leonard
02-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone who wouldn't is seriously out of their minds and knows literally nothing about the NBA or basketball in general.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2012, 12:01 AM
What about Corey Joseph? :lol

He should be playing for the toros. He's getting next to no playing time and with manu back in the fold, he sure to stay on the bench.

mercos
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
So you wouldn't do it even if he agrees to a max deal?

If he was going to sign a max deal I would be tempted to chance it. I do believe Howard is going to flame out early, but it is a big man's game and it might be worth the risk. That being said, I'm a loyalty guy and I want all the big three to retire as Spurs, so the decision is tough for me. I would not so quickly ship off a guy who was a major contributor in three title runs.

GSH
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Before I get too invested, I just want to state that this trade would never happen in a million years. Trading a big for a guard is generally considered a cardinal sin and in this case the magic have the better player.

I do think we'd have a better shot at winning it all if we acquired Dwight and lost Tony in the process. The hole at point is definitely glaring but Dwight is probably the most dominant big men in the game today. History has been kind to teams with dominant bigs, and for good reason. With that said.. its still a tough trade to swallow given Tony's history and the fact that Dwight's extension isn't guaranteed. But to have Dwight, even as a rental, makes a ton of sense from a business perspectiv (media coverage, ticket sales, merch etc). It also gives us the option to potentially sign one of the legit franchise players in the NBA (pretty rare position for small market teams to be in.) Additionally, we give Duncan another shot at the title with a serious talent upgrade. The trade won't answer our prayers and hand us a championship, but I do believe it puts in an excellent position to do so.

Heh... no, I know we're suspending disbelief to even discuss it.

If the deal is getting him extended, then we could dig up a serviceable PG next season and be a favorite. But as a rental? I don't know, I just have visions of a frustrating post-season, with a stagnant offense. One thing I think people should keep in mind is that Howard has already proven that one guy - even the most dominant big man in the game today - can't do it by himself.

Has everybody forgotten what it looked like tonight, with Joseph at the point? And that was against the Raptors. And even though Neal has improved some, we still know where the offense goes with him at the point. I don't know, maybe with a healthy Manu facilitating along with TJ Ford. But I still don't see it. Without a legitimate starting NBA PG, I think this Spurs team would finish the playoffs about like Orlando has the last few years.

Extended, yes - for next year. Rental? I just don't think so.

GSH
02-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Look at it another way: could the 06 Heat have won it all without Dwayne Wade? With Ford, Neal, and Joseph as fill-in PG's? I know there are some differences, but I think the analogy works.

Spursfan092120
02-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Wouldn't do it, tbh.

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm sitting here asking myself... is this really a thread?

Ditty
02-16-2012, 12:24 AM
IMO it's alot harder to find a dominate center, then a dominate point guard. I would trade anyone on the Spurs roster for Howard. Maybe if the Spurs make a nice playoff run, maybe Howard would make the Spurs a contender on his list this summer ;).

FkLA
02-16-2012, 12:24 AM

If the deal is getting him extended, then we could dig up a serviceable PG next season and be a favorite. But as a rental? I don't know, I just have visions of a frustrating post-season, with a stagnant offense. One thing I think people should keep in mind is that Howard has already proven that one guy - even the most dominant big man in the game today - can't do it by himself.

Has everybody forgotten what it looked like tonight, with Joseph at the point? And that was against the Raptors. And even though Neal has improved some, we still know where the offense goes with him at the point. I don't know, maybe with a healthy Manu facilitating along with TJ Ford. But I still don't see it. Without a legitimate starting NBA PG, I think this Spurs team would finish the playoffs about like Orlando has the last few years.

The Lakers recently won back to back titles with the corpse of Fisher running the point. With Howard the Spurs would have the most dominant frontcourt in the league along with an elite SG. Thats a recipe for success as the Lakers showed. That team would have a significantly better chance at a 5th ring than this current team.

timvp
02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
It would be funny watching Pop figure out how to divide 48 by three since obviously Duncan, Howard and Splitter all play the same position and can't be played next to each other.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I like Tony, but I think we could get a decent PG, and with Howard, Splitter and Duncan holding down the paint, Spurs are true contenders. A team led in scoring by the PG isn't going to go too far in the playoffs.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
It would be funny watching Pop figure out how to divide 48 by three since obviously Duncan, Howard and Splitter all play the same position and can't be played next to each other.

You might be joking (probably are) but Duncan moves out to the true PF slot and lets Howard take the beating under the rim.

Ditty
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Bonner still would be getting 30 minutes a game.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Bonner still would be getting 30 minutes a game.

And he would be scoring 20 per tbh. With Tim and Howard in the middle, no way the defense comes out to guard Bonner.

Arcadian
02-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow, I'm shocked to see that so many people voted "yes." I was a "hell no." I would rather have a balanced team - the classic point-guard, wing-man, post-man combo - than two post players, one of whom is older and one of whom has offensive deficiencies.

I have never been a fan of Howard. His back-to-the-basket game is just...ugh. After watching Tim Duncan play for the last 14 years, I can't bare to watch centers with unskilled post play.

angelbelow
02-16-2012, 12:34 AM

Fair points. Joseph should really be in Austin and I haven't trusted TJ's health in 5 years. However, Orlando's most successful year (where they got to the finals) was fueled by Hedo Turkoglu's play making rather than outstanding play from their point guards (Nelson/Alston/Lue/Johnson). After Hedo was traded and reduced to a lazy player, the Magic were never the same. Part of it is Dwight's limited offensive (yet he some still averages 20) and the rest is the lack of playmaking from the rest of the team. Another factor is how much easier Dwight is going to make the game for the rest of the roster. Neal might even evolve into a consistent player maker :lol.

A different perspective (but not one that I necessarily agree with) is if Dwight were to leave, we'd free up a shit ton cap space. Our total salary would be somewhere around 33 million with all the expirings. This is likely the last year we'll contending and if so, we'd have a fantastic foundation to rebuild on. The main reason why I don't really like this POV is because Dwight is the major FA prize. So losing out on him kind of defeats the purpose of clearing so much room. In this scenario, the possible consolation prizes:

-Roy Hibbert
-Brook Lopez
-Javale McGee
-Chris Kaman
-KG
-Jamison
-Spencer Hawes

ElNono
02-16-2012, 12:34 AM

Since RJ would play PF, you just slide Tim to the wing, tbh

chazley
02-16-2012, 12:54 AM
We could actually put together a really nice package for Dwight that the Magic might actually be willing to take.

Would the Magic really turn down:

Tiago
Danny Green
Matt Bonner
Tony Parker
James Anderson

2 1st rounders
1 2nd rounder

For: Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson

That's a hell of alot better package that what other teams could offer. Our team would instantly become an elite defensive squad:

Nelson
Manu
Kawhi
Tim
Howard

Bench: Neal/RJ/Blair/Ford/Joseph

All contingent upon Dwight agreeing to sign a contract extension.

We would also have a ton of cap space for next year (Tim signing at a low price/Rj amnesty), allowing us to sign a near-max free agent.

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 01:07 AM

That's rather simple. The entire league knows by now what a serviceable big man Splitter is, you trade him in a package deal for a solid point. Howard 30 a game at C; Duncan 18 at C, 5-10 PF.

Of course, this deal would never happen. The Magic would laugh the Spurs off the phone.

timvp
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
^ 'Twas a joke.

Of course you trade TP for Howard. I'd probably do it even if Howard didn't immediately sign an extension.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2012, 01:51 AM
This is only a good question if you're talking a one-year rental. If Dwight were willing to sign an extension, then anybody who would be against this deal is a mongoloid and I sincerely hope you haven't procreated yet.

gilmor
02-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Plus you would be making the Knicks contender, so... definitely no

They are already a contender with Lin there..

mathbzh
02-16-2012, 02:01 AM
This is only a good question if you're talking a one-year rental. If Dwight were willing to sign an extension, then anybody who would be against this deal is a mongoloid and I sincerely hope you haven't procreated yet.

Basketball-wise this would be a no-brainer.

But I don't like Howard personality, his constant ranting, his wish-list...
I am not sure I would want him on my team.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Basketball-wise this would be a no-brainer.

But I don't like Howard personality, his constant ranting, his wish-list...
I am not sure I would want him on my team.

:lolwgaf about his personality...for a 20 and 20 guy who's the best bigman in the league you can overlook petty shit like that.

You also need to realize that it's a great business decision. FA's want to play with Dwight Howard. FA's don't come down there to play with Tony Parker.

mathbzh
02-16-2012, 02:16 AM
:lolwgaf about his personality...for a 20 and 20 guy who's the best bigman in the league you can overlook petty shit like that.

You also need to realize that it's a great business decision. FA's want to play with Dwight Howard. FA's don't come down there to play with Tony Parker.

I realise it would be a great business decision and a no-brainer... and I still don't like Howard. And I am fine with that thanks. It's not like I am the Spurs GM or something :hat

slick'81
02-16-2012, 02:28 AM
lol@ anyone saying no it wouldnt happen in a million years anyway but u dont say no to tp 4 dwight

ego
02-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Firstly I would trade some spurs's fans and then actually the spurs are based on TD (fondamental), MG (flamboyant,exalting) , TP (the quicker and agile) and POP (art of coaching).

If you remove one of these men, I stop to watch the Spurs ! This is the only team in the NBA with people who like working together since many years.

My only dream is to see these 4 men winning the title a last time. It will be the most famous title !!

Proxy
02-16-2012, 02:41 AM
firstly i would trade some spurs's fans and then actually the spurs are based on td (fondamental), mg (flamboyant,exalting) , tp (the quicker and agile) and pop (art of coaching).

If you remove one of these men, i stop to watch the spurs ! This is the only team in the nba with people who like working together since many years.

My only dream is to see these 4 men winning the title a last time. It will be the most famous title !!

most famous!!!

Aztecfan03
02-16-2012, 02:58 AM
We could actually put together a really nice package for Dwight that the Magic might actually be willing to take.

Would the Magic really turn down:

Tiago
Danny Green
Matt Bonner
Tony Parker
James Anderson

2 1st rounders
1 2nd rounder

For: Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson

That's a hell of alot better package that what other teams could offer. Our team would instantly become an elite defensive squad:

Nelson
Manu
Kawhi
Tim
Howard

Bench: Neal/RJ/Blair/Ford/Joseph

All contingent upon Dwight agreeing to sign a contract extension.

We would also have a ton of cap space for next year (Tim signing at a low price/Rj amnesty), allowing us to sign a near-max free agent.

So... Mortgaging the future.And that wouldn't even make the team better- i don't care how good Howard is. And Blair as the only big on the bench? Are you effin crazy?

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:16 AM
trollbait thread since the obvious answer is yes but I would hate doing it

chazley
02-16-2012, 03:42 AM
So... Mortgaging the future.And that wouldn't even make the team better- i don't care how good Howard is. And Blair as the only big on the bench? Are you effin crazy?

That trade opens up cap space next year to allow us to sign a max free agent, and we keep Manu/Tim/Dwight/Kawhi/Neal/Blair/TJ. When you get the chance to get Dwight Howard, you've got a once in a lifetime center who will lead your franchise for the next ten years. You do what you can to get him.

Obstructed_View
02-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Remember what people who never watched David Robinson play say about him, that he wasn't a hard worker, that he didn't step up in the playoffs, that he didn't have a post game, that he wasn't good enough to carry a team to a title? That's actually what Dwight Howard is. No, I wouldn't trade Tony Parker for the black Kevin Love.

ElNono
02-16-2012, 04:35 AM
trollbait thread since the obvious answer is yes but I would hate doing it

:lol

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 07:37 AM
^ 'Twas a joke.

Of course you trade TP for Howard. I'd probably do it even if Howard didn't immediately sign an extension.

TBH most of the time I can't tell what is sarcasm on this forum. I think there are people here, with a lot of posts(so they probably actually watch games), that still wouldn't trade Parker for Howard.

benefactor
02-16-2012, 07:44 AM
lol 19 people wouldn't do it. You greys never cease to deliver the goods.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Remember what people who never watched David Robinson play say about him, that he wasn't a hard worker, that he didn't step up in the playoffs, that he didn't have a post game, that he wasn't good enough to carry a team to a title? That's actually what Dwight Howard is. No, I wouldn't trade Tony Parker for the black Kevin Love.

holy hell what a fucking retard:lmao

Seventyniner
02-16-2012, 08:34 AM

Not all greys. I was the first one to vote and I put yes.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 09:02 AM

I voted hell no just to keep the trollin alive

errr

i mean yea LOL @ them grayboys

MaNuMaNiAc
02-16-2012, 09:17 AM
In a fucking heart beat! and I love the dude.

PS. and just so the Parker nuthuggers don't start with this CoM bullshit, I'd trade Manu for Howard even faster! Are you kidding me??

TDMVPDPOY
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
d12 has no low post game besides dunkn on people, yet he cant even win games with that sort of effort and gamestyle against todays shit centers...

velik_m
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Getting good point guard is hard, trading one away in the middle of a season is pure madness, if you plan to compete.

velik_m
02-16-2012, 10:06 AM
In a fucking heart beat! and I love the dude.

PS. and just so the Parker nuthuggers don't start with this CoM bullshit, I'd trade Manu for Howard even faster! Are you kidding me??

Manu for Howard is a no brainer and i'm a big fan of Manu.

GSH
02-16-2012, 10:17 AM
If nothing else, this thread and discussion underscores just how truly difficult it really is to put together a championship team. Makes me think about how stacked Miami was last year, and how that turned out.

And I have to admit, if I knew (like crystal ball kind of KNEW) that we would win it all with either player, I would rather have Tony. I know that's sort of admitting to being a homer, but what can I say? If somebody gets to raise another trophy, I'd rather see it be the Big 3 again. I wonder if the FO would do it the other way to sell more tickets?

DMC
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM

You have to decide how you want to play it.

If you want to be a playoff team every year, but not a true contender, you stick with what you got.

If you want to be a contender at the risk of missing a couple playoff years, you have to make some moves, take some chances and maybe get a good 1st rounder.

It's hard to get where the Spurs are, damn near impossible as you see across the league, but that doesn't mean they are where they want to be.

Goran Dragic
02-16-2012, 11:16 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

jag
02-16-2012, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't trade Tony for the white Kevin Love, but I wouldn't think twice before trading Tony for the black Kevin Love. I'd also trade Manu for the black Kevin Love, but then again I'd trade Manu for the white Kevin Love.

That being said, ElNono should be slapped for making this thread. It breaks his heart to see Tony performing at a superstar level while Manu flails his broken bones around the court.

Edit: And oh yeah, The Admiral was an amazing player and an even better person. A true American hero.

ElNono
02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
That being said, ElNono should be slapped for making this thread.

Why? Turned out to be a pretty good discussion I thought...

jag
02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Why? Turned out to be a pretty good discussion I thought...

:jack

ElNono
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
:jack

CoP fans can make their own poll, tbh

Haters gonna hate

jag
02-16-2012, 11:50 AM
CoP fans can make their own poll, tbh

Haters gonna hate

CoP fans are secure in their fanhood and have far too much respect for Emanuel Ginobili to create such a poll.

ElNono
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
CoP fans are secure in their fanhood and have far too much respect for Emanuel Ginobili to create such a poll.

Taking this thread as some sort of slight to Parker tells us all we need to know about your "fanhood security" :lol

ElNono should be slapped for making this thread :cry :cry :cry

Brazil
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Of course I'll do it... It would be a heart breaker though... but no way in hell you think twice...

Now the thread is retarded... Orlando would never do it... It's like saying would you trade Manu for let's say D. Rose won't happen

Brazil
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Taking this thread as some sort of slight to Parker tells us all we need to know about your "fanhood security" :lol

The thread is retarded ElNono it is not even close to be an eventually... Now I take the idea as a compliment to TP.

jag
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM

Slomo should visit your home or place of work and slap you for making this thread.

Goran Dragic
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
lol Brazil
lol France

jag
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/august_2011/Eva_Longoria_article_CD.jpg

Stacks on stacks.... on stacks

Brazil
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
lol Brazil
lol France

lol Slovenia ?

mercos
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Here is a good question for those who think this is a no brainer. How much better would the Spurs be after this trade than the 2009 Magic who went to the finals and lost? My memory of that team is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall them having a few decent players on the roster. I believe Jameer Nelson was even an All Star that year. Granted the Spurs have a better coach and system, but I'm curious to know if people think this roster would be that much better than the Magic roster.

TDMVPDPOY
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
this trade doesnt make sense if we dont get a pg back, means we have to go look for a new one in the draft, or sign vet like ford, or hopefully CJ pans out

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Here is a good question for those who think this is a no brainer. How much better would the Spurs be after this trade than the 2009 Magic who went to the finals and lost? My memory of that team is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall them having a few decent players on the roster. I believe Jameer Nelson was even an All Star that year. Granted the Spurs have a better coach and system, but I'm curious to know if people think this roster would be that much better than the Magic roster.

Yes. We have Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Jameer was injured and Rafer Alston led the team for a while (and did well). I think the fact they bring back Nelson and bench Alston in the Finals is what hurt them tbh.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
this trade doesnt make sense if we dont get a pg back, means we have to go look for a new one in the draft, or sign vet like ford, or hopefully CJ pans out
No.

If you had that front court, PGs would be lining up for the MLE to play here.

will_spurs
02-16-2012, 01:04 PM
If you had that front court, PGs would be lining up for the MLE to play here.

The same guys who've been lining up to play in Orlando?

02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
always trade a top PG for a top big. in this case it's a top 5 PG for the best big in the game. so... no brainer.

Killakobe81
02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
This CoM vs. CoP stuff is reminiscent of the shaq/Kobe stuff.

Good thing it's only your fans and not the players that have beef, that was an ugly time as Laker fan. by the time we won the third leg of the 3 peat, that team wa sno fun to watch. Good for you guys Parker, Manu, duncan and Pop are more loyal to each other, than your fanbase ...

benefactor
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Not all greys. I was the first one to vote and I put yes.
Grey is not necessarily limited to the color of the name. There are black named fans who bring the grey takes...and vice versa.

Goran Dragic
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Grey is not necessarily limited to the color of the name. There are black named fans who bring the grey takes...and vice versa.
This. Obstructed_View for example has a black name and almost 30,000 posts while he's as grey as they come.

ElNono
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM

Good thing it's only your fans and not the players that have beef, that was an ugly time as Laker fan. by the time we won the third leg of the 3 peat, that team wa sno fun to watch. Good for you guys Parker, Manu, duncan and Pop are more loyal to each other, than your fanbase ...

Exactly. Frankly, the fun is baiting grays on it. :lol

Goran Dragic
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/august_2011/Eva_Longoria_article_CD.jpg

Stacks on stacks.... on stacks

Stack city, bitch

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
spurstalk is so racist they even judge you by the color of your fucking name.

Brazil
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM

In all honesty I do think the actual CoM vs. CoP stuff is just for the ST folklore... I don't believe that there is anymore somebody wishing a spurs loss just to demonstrate a point when one of the two is missing except maybe uru and ElNono :lol and lefty but nobody is taking lefty seriously anyway

and I don't think there is such a thing like the CoP: never saw a so called CoP member not liking/loving Manu except ducks. CoM would say it is the ultimate proof Manu superiority:lol

therealtruth
02-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Jameer was injured and Rafer Alston led the team for a while (and did well). I think the fact they bring back Nelson and bench Alston in the Finals is what hurt them tbh.

Alston was playing well. They should have stuck with what worked. Jameer was thrust into the lineup too quickly.

DMC
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
The same guys who've been lining up to play in Orlando?
Because Orlando has Tim Duncan, Howard and Splitter.

Makes sense.

silverblk mystix
02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
:pop:"Hell NO! Matty would lose too many minutes and Dwight does not spread the floor, ...morons!"

jag
02-16-2012, 06:06 PM

...and so homophobic they judge you on the gayness of your posts. You specifically.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
In a heartbeat. If it was even just a rental there is no doubt in my mind the Spurs would win the title this year with Dwight. Between Tim, Dwight, and Splitter we would have the best bigs in the NBA. Add in Manu, Neal, Leonard, and Green and I see not team that would take us down. Imagine your starting lineup, C Howard, PF Duncan, F Leonard, G Manu, G Neal or Green.

Obstructed_View
02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Corey Joseph starting for the NBA champs. :lol

DMC
02-16-2012, 08:06 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IBj6ep1FN10/Tb7CLeuMwvI/AAAAAAAADP4/a7FwIReDIN4/s1600/Gay-Meter.jpg

DAF86
02-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Under this circumstances (not knowing if Dwight will sign for us next season, Tony playing borderline MVP, not having a reliable PG after Tony on the squad, etc.) I wouldn't, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Corey Joseph starting for the NBA champs. :lol

we all seen what he can do in charity minutes...lmao

throwing more starters minutes to him, would that improve his game??

if d12 is complaining about his current team mates in orlando, what will he complain with when his starting pg is corey joseph?

TheSullyMonster
02-17-2012, 03:05 AM
If I knew Dwight would stay and give it his all, yes. If he's gonna continue to mail it in here like he's doing in Orlando and jet in the off-season, nah.

Fuck, I don't care if he's half assing it. I'll take 20/15 with awesome D. Timmy and Manu can be the ballsy finishers.

romain.star
02-17-2012, 03:57 AM

Are you implying we have a PG?

mudyez
02-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Dont want to read all those 5 pages, but after all there are only like 3 players you wouldnt trade for D12 (and all of them are still debatebal). (KD, Rose, Bron)

All that assuming D12 will resign.

Would it make the Spurs better right now? Parker is our best player, but Twintowers reloaded with Manu at Playmaker isnt bad either. Tim and D12 would fit well next to each other...especially with our great shooters spacing the court.

And most importantly D12 gives us more of a future, than Parker does.

After all, its a deal you couldnt reject, but I have to agree, that TP is playing so well, that you at least can discuss it (like this threat shows).

Pauleta14
02-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Would you guys trade Tony for Pau Gasol?

ps/ Not worth starting a new thread, but I'm really interested in you answers.

mudyez
02-17-2012, 08:28 AM
no!...nince player...but right now worse than TP and a lesser fit (Splitter is doing fine and without TP there would be missing or main ballhandler).

xapatan2
02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
CoP/CoM are all fucking stupid fads, we don't win in 03/05/07 without both of them and we all know that

This !

(sorry Sequ ...)

Xap'

Darkwaters
02-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Hmmmm....

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Kawhi Leonard
Manu Ginobili
Cory Joseph

Championship?

BUMP
02-19-2012, 02:01 PM

:lmao

i had to actually see it with my own eyes

howbouthemspurs
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
This is a stupid poll

kaji157
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Hmmmm....

Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Kawhi Leonard
Manu Ginobili
Cory Joseph

Championship?

Go look at what Howard took to the NBA Finals. Plus it would be Ginobili playing PG and Neal SG, switching on defense.

bigfan
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Tony is our best player but Id do it. Easier to find a PG than a great big man. It will never happen though.

ducks
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
hell NO

therealtruth
02-21-2012, 01:09 AM
D. Rob was a much better player than Howard. It's not even close. Better scorer, passer, defender, shot blocker, and smarter.

Rapper
02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Hell Dwight sucks

tony is running MVP this year~

ElNono
03-14-2012, 09:59 PM
bump

Obstructed_View
07-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Bump again, just for fun. The only person who still thinks Dwight is as great as most of the people in this thread did is Dwight.

exstatic
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Bump again, just for fun. The only person who still thinks Dwight is as great as most of the people in this thread did is Dwight.
I sleep better knowing that our FO is far smarter than most of the internet fans.

ElNono
07-27-2014, 05:55 PM
:lol det thread

Juggity
07-27-2014, 07:17 PM
:lol everyone
:lol howard a broken cancer
:lol drove Kobe to an early retirement
:lol half the player he was in 2010
:lol embarrassed by a TOSB in the first round
:lol already 3 years past his prime at age 28

exstatic
07-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Howard was a whiny, bitchy loser in ORLANDO, and that wasn't going to change no matter where he went.

florige
07-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't want that vagina on the Spurs period. To have him and D-Rob mentioned in the same sentence is laughable.

Obstructed_View
07-27-2014, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't want that vagina on the Spurs period. To have him and D-Rob mentioned in the same sentence is laughable.

In fairness, I'm the one who mentioned him in the same sentence with David, but not to compare them in any way. There are sure a lot of people who thought it was ludicrous not to trade Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili for him though, but most of them root for the Mavericks.

kuato
07-28-2014, 02:48 AM
http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2014/05/thumb/81505_grumpy_cat__nope_by_imwithstoopid13-d624kvl.jpg

G-Dawgg
08-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Hell no. Dwight Howard is a douchebag... Didn't he recently get busted for hooking up with an underage girl in a hotel room?