PDA

View Full Version : LOL Doubters

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 12:31 AM
LOL Spurs 9 Straight

LOL Spurs only 1.5 games out of first in WC with Manu injured most of the season

LOL people thinking Duncan is washed up

LOL people saying Parker is not even a top 10 PG

LOL People placing emphasis on individual play rather than playing the right way

LOL Caeman not dropping TOSB since Duncan stepped it up

LOL insecure gloom and doomer Spur "Fans" shutting up

LOL Spurs flying under the radar yet again

LOL Spurs bench outplaying most teams' starters.

LOL Spurs not having any top draft picks since TD and still contending every year

LOL the notion that there's anyone who will surely beat us in a 7 game series when healthy and clicking. (Who's going to play D against us in the finals, Boozer's spray on hair?)

LOL Lakers PG situation

LOL Metta World Peace and Mike Brown

LOL Kevin Love saying he's the greatest PF in the game

LOL DOUBTERS

GO! SPURS! GO!

TDMVPDPOY
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
you should go see a urologists, premature ejaculation is cureable

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
LOL Spurs 9 Straight

LOL Spurs only 1.5 games out of first in WC with Manu injured most of the season

LOL people thinking Duncan is washed up

LOL people saying Parker is not even a top 10 PG

LOL People placing emphasis on individual play rather than playing the right way

LOL Caeman not dropping TOSB since Duncan stepped it up

LOL insecure gloom and doomer Spur "Fans" shutting up

LOL Spurs flying under the radar yet again

LOL Spurs bench outplaying most teams' starters.

LOL Spurs not having any top draft picks since TD and still contending every year

LOL the notion that there's anyone who will surely beat us in a 7 game series when healthy and clicking. (Who's going to play D against us in the finals, Boozer's spray on hair?)

LOL Lakers PG situation

LOL Metta World Peace and Mike Brown

LOL Kevin Love saying he's the greatest PF in the game

LOL DOUBTERS

GO! SPURS! GO!

January 2011 says hello.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Pyrite_Fools_Gold_Macro_1.JPG

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Pyrite_Fools_Gold_Macro_1.JPG

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 12:46 AM
you should go see a urologists, premature ejaculation is cureable

Feels good. I don't need curing.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 12:47 AM
January 2011 says hello.

Doom and gloomers appear to defend themselves angry that the season is not going worse.

Old School 44
02-16-2012, 08:47 AM
“Jeremy Lin is a good player,” Mayweather tweeted Monday, “but all the hype is because he plays for the Knicks. The Spurs do what the Knicks do every season and don’t get the same praise.”

z0sa
02-16-2012, 09:29 AM
so LOL @ essentially the whole forum?

silverblk mystix
02-16-2012, 09:50 AM
lol...seen this movie before...

lol...hoping for a different ending...

lol bonner still in rotation

lol...pop still the coach

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 10:10 AM
so LOL @ essentially the whole forum?

There are some who escape the LOL. You are one of those zOsa of infinite wisdom whom gods destroy.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
lol...seen this movie before...

lol...hoping for a different ending...

lol bonner still in rotation

lol...pop still the coach

Bonner isn't as bad as we think. See TIMVP's raw big man stats thread.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Metta meltdown imminent.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 10:24 AM
There are some who escape the LOL. You are one of those zOsa of infinite wisdom whom gods destroy.

yeah, both of us escape the LOL, but we are few and far between. It's actually pretty sad IMHO that our "ilk" are considered homers around here. It's like supporting and cheering on the team is considered stupid or something.

MannyIsGod
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
:lol at these threads in February.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
:lol at these threads in February.

One of the many doubters. 5 straight on the road and 9 straight overall, including some quality outings against quality competition, not good enough.

Let me warn you cali, they'll be more than happy to bump threads like this later to show their obvious superiority should our team be one of the 29 losers this season.

DMC
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
lol soccer moms

fan /= delusional

I am a fan of the Longhorns.

I don't think they will win the National Championship next season.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 10:43 AM
lol soccer moms

fan /= delusional

I am a fan of the Longhorns.

I don't think they will win the National Championship next season.

:lol who's really being delusional?

9 straight including 5 on the road after a 61 win season just last year, and our team is better, yet you're still scoffing. Man you must feel cool.

here comes the "we lost to an 8th seed" comments when Memphis purposely tanked to play us and were one of the best defensive teams in the entire league, and took OKC to 7. Have at it, doubters.

Russ
02-16-2012, 10:44 AM
The fun is in not knowing.

Is this 2011 again? The defensive stats are still inconsistent and still too many 3's.

Or is this 2003? New (young) fire injected into the lineup but the national media is still talking about how the Spurs are too old.

Anything can happen and that's the fun of it all.

The old mold can break. A new one can take. Maybe and maybe not . . .

Just ask the 2011 Mavs.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 10:45 AM
yeah, both of us escape the LOL, but we are few and far between. It's actually pretty sad IMHO that our "ilk" are considered homers around here. It's like supporting and cheering on the team is considered stupid or something.

The force is strong with you, my friend. Do not be swayed from your nature.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM

9 straight including 5 on the road after a 61 win season just last year, and our team is better, yet you're still scoffing. Man you must feel cool.

here comes the "we lost to an 8th seed" comments when Memphis purposely tanked to play us and were one of the best defensive teams in the entire league, and took OKC to 7. Have at it, doubters.

I couldn't have said it better.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
The fun is in not knowing.

Exactly.

But if my team isn't the favorite assuming they can possibly win a title is delusional.

Just ask the 2011 Mavs.

Or the 2003 Spurs. :king

z0sa
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I couldn't have said it better.

We are on the exact same page bro and what's even better? we are having a way better time this season than the haters, too. :toast

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
We are on the exact same page bro and what's even better? we are having a way better time this season than the haters, too. :toast

I'm having plenty of fun this year! :toast

DMC
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM

If you understand the difference between the regular season and the playoffs, that's not an issue.

Also, I think we can win the regular season.

here comes the "we lost to an 8th seed" comments when Memphis purposely tanked to play us and were one of the best defensive teams in the entire league, and took OKC to 7. Have at it, doubters.When someone tanks to play you, you have to start asking why.

We were beaten by a team that lost in the 2nd round to a team that lost in the 3rd round.

There's a huge gap between being a playoff team and a championship contender. The Spurs can put together wins, but other teams that have time to adjust can find the Spurs' weaknesses and exploit them within the time frame of the series, usually.

I think we have a decent shot at it this year, better than last year, but I am not going to sit around saying we are going to win. Enthusiasm is one thing, but I have to believe it to say it and I don't believe we are going to win a ring.

TampaDude
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
SPURS = 2012 NBA CHAMPIONS

Y'all know it's gonna happen!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

LongtimeSpursFan
02-16-2012, 11:20 AM

I'm on board as well. Had a great time last year also. Spurs were on pace for a great run in the playoffs last year until Manu got hurt. This year we are deeper, more athletic, defensive minded, bigger and hopefully Manu has had his injury for the year. :lobt:

Beanzamillion21
02-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I hate these threads, they're so stupid.

TampaDude
02-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I hate these threads, they're so stupid.

LOL SAS avatar.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 11:32 AM
If you understand the difference between the regular season and the playoffs, that's not an issue.

Also, I think we can win the regular season.

:rolleyes In 2010 we beat a similar Mavs club to this year (IE minus Tyson Chandler) in the first round, only Dirk and Terry were two years younger. You can pull the playoff card all you want; it doesn't mean that you can foretell how the playoffs will be THIS year. Acting like you can is the worst kind of fairweather fan bullshit IMHO.

When someone tanks to play you, you have to start asking why.

Matchups and to a lesser degree, adjustments dictate the winner of a playoff series. The Grizz knew they had a big team inside and a strong perimeter defense and guess what we lacked? A solid interior bigman next to Tim and a healthy Manu Ginobili. This year we have just those. I strongly doubt Memphis would tank to play this Spurs team if the situation occurred again.

We were beaten by a team that lost in the 2nd round to a team that lost in the 3rd round.

ok, when does a team start being a contender? When they reach the semis? WCF's? Finals? This semantics stuff can be tiresome but please, enlighten us. IMHO, Memphis had as good a chance as anyone to beat a contender. They also did it with an great defense. Instead of putting the Spurs without a healthy Ginobili down, give the Grizz some G-D credit. Hard, I know.

There's a huge gap between being a playoff team and a championship contender. The Spurs can put together wins, but other teams that have time to adjust can find the Spurs' weaknesses and exploit them within the time frame of the series, usually.

Prove they'll for sure do that in the 2012 playoffs.

jag
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Calispursfan and Z0sa getting their GNSF on.

I see you lurking Sigz... you should drop some Becky pics in this thread to improve the overall quality, tbh.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 11:35 AM

My original member spur says whats up, son.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm on board as well. Had a great time last year also. Spurs were on pace for a great run in the playoffs last year until Manu got hurt. This year we are deeper, more athletic, defensive minded, bigger and hopefully Manu has had his injury for the year. :lobt:

:lol:toast

Kool Bob Love
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Enjoying the ride.:toast

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Yea, last year we were also the best team in the west and what happened?

jag
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
My original member spur says whats up, son.

I didn't even notice that, tbh. I was too busy reading your posts that reek of GNSF.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I was too busy reading your posts that reek of GNSF.

more like IDGAF. Neal with the OG spur, O doubtful one.

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Doom and gloomers appear to defend themselves angry that the season is not going worse.

lol yup.

DMC
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
:rolleyes In 2010 we beat a similar Mavs club to this year (IE minus Tyson Chandler) in the first round, only Dirk and Terry were two years younger. You can pull the playoff card all you want; it doesn't mean that you can foretell how the playoffs will be THIS year. Acting like you can is the worst kind of fairweather fan bullshit IMHO.

You cannot tell, that's the point. Since you cannot tell, why are you saying the Spurs will win the championship?

What I can tell is that the Spurs still have Bonner, Jefferson and Blair playing as many minutes as Splitter.

Matchups and to a lesser degree, adjustments dictate the winner of a playoff series. The Grizz knew they had a big team inside and a strong perimeter defense and guess what we lacked? A solid interior bigman next to Tim and a healthy Manu Ginobili. This year we have just those. I strongly doubt Memphis would tank to play this Spurs team if the situation occurred again.
That has nothing to do with whether or not the Spurs are currently built to win a ring.

And we still don't have a solid interior big man next to Tim. Splitter and Tim rarely see the floor at the same time.

ok, when does a team start being a contender? When they reach the semis? WCF's? Finals? This semantics stuff can be tiresome but please, enlighten us. IMHO, Memphis had as good a chance as anyone to beat a contender. They also did it with an great defense. Instead of putting the Spurs without a healthy Ginobili down, give the Grizz some G-D credit. Hard, I know.
I team becomes a contender when they have the pieces to be one. The Spurs give a shit ton of minutes to people who do not perform well under the pressure of the playoffs. They breeze through the regular season though, having enough around them to cover their lapses, but in the playoffs the rotations are shorter and those players have their weaknesses exposed.

I like the Spurs chances better this year than last, but I still don't think they are a championship contender because Tim Duncan doesn't bring the domination he once did. I am not saying they cannot win, they can. I am saying it's not likely. I would bet Vegas agrees.

Prove they'll for sure do that in the 2012 playoffs.I don't need to prove anything. Time will tell.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
You cannot tell, that's the point. Since you cannot tell, why are you saying the Spurs will win the championship?

I never guaranteed that. I've barely even given the Spurs a chance, but they do have one.

What I can tell is that the Spurs still have Bonner, Jefferson and Blair playing as many minutes as Splitter.

So? Jefferson made it to the finals with Kidd. Blair could be traded or improve. Bonner could actually nut up to regular season levels and thus be a big asset. You see the glass half empty, I see it half full.

That has nothing to do with whether or not the Spurs are currently built to win a ring.

This is the first of two times in this reply that I respond to something you say and you respond that it has nothing to do with anything. Why bring it up then??

And we still don't have a solid interior big man next to Tim. Splitter and Tim rarely see the floor at the same time.

It's not even the all-star break yet ... and they ARE playing more together since the start of the season. Our entire team is recognizing Splitter MUCH more compared to the start of the season. Doom and gloom much?

I team becomes a contender when they have the pieces to be one. The Spurs give a shit ton of minutes to people who do not perform well under the pressure of the playoffs. They breeze through the regular season though, having enough around them to cover their lapses, but in the playoffs the rotations are shorter and those players have their weaknesses exposed.

That's your side of the story - which isn't entirely accurate IMHO. Take Neal for example, Mr. Balls of Steel and our newest Big Shot maker. HE stepped it up and has dramatically improved since even the start of this season. And we have Danny and Splitter who WILL get meaningful minutes in the playoffs barring catastrophe.

I say we have 3 proven champions at the helm, a great coach, and possibly the best bench in the NBA. We have a chance and that's all I'm saying, here or elsewhere.

I like the Spurs chances better this year than last, but I still don't think they are a championship contender because Tim Duncan doesn't bring the domination he once did. I am not saying they cannot win, they can. I am saying it's not likely. I would bet Vegas agrees.

Fair enough, but Vegas odds don't = a title. And Tim is actually playing quite well all things considered. If he averages 15+/11+ in the playoffs and is as active as he has been on defense I don't think he'll be the reason we lose.

I don't need to prove anything. Time will tell.

Once again, why bring it up then? If you can't prove it and have no evidence to the contrary for the 2012 spurs, what's your point besides bitching to bitch?

Killakobe81
02-16-2012, 01:16 PM

:lol

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 01:25 PM
The Lakers are even more done than the Spurs. Their fans still believe though, while ours have all but given up.

02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
honestly very little has changed since last year. the defense needs to step up. people may point to the mavericks coming out of nowhere and taking the title but they had elite defense.

phxspurfan
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
post_count++

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Our defense is a lot better than last season. And Dallas' defense was not "elite" but it was indeed much improved with Chandler anchoring the paint. Dirk played like a superstar and they caught Miami in their first year.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM

I see you lurking Sigz... you should drop some Becky pics in this thread to improve the overall quality, tbh.

You sir, are an elitist!

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
:lol

they shouldve tanked for LA tbh

02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Our defense is a lot better than last season. And Dallas' defense was not "elite" but it was indeed much improved with Chandler anchoring the paint. Dirk played like a superstar and they caught Miami in their first year.
maybe not in the statistical sense (still top 10 i believe) but they had defensive versatility. mavs had the bigs to match up against the lakers' monster front line, the team defense to stop the thunder's high powered offense, and the perimeter defenders capable of keeping wade and lebron in check. if the spurs had to walk through that road, at least one of those teams will find a crack in the spurs defense and exploit it.

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Well the Spurs definitely need help on the front line and I don't see them going all the way without another big on the roster but I think our offense is better and more efficient than Dallas' when we are healthy that will help balance that out.

DMC
02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I never guaranteed that. I've barely even given the Spurs a chance, but they do have one.

So? Jefferson made it to the finals with Kidd. Blair could be traded or improve. Bonner could actually nut up to regular season levels and thus be a big asset. You see the glass half empty, I see it half full.

This is the first of two times in this reply that I respond to something you say and you respond that it has nothing to do with anything. Why bring it up then??

It's not even the all-star break yet ... and they ARE playing more together since the start of the season. Our entire team is recognizing Splitter MUCH more compared to the start of the season. Doom and gloom much?

That's your side of the story - which isn't entirely accurate IMHO. Take Neal for example, Mr. Balls of Steel and our newest Big Shot maker. HE stepped it up and has dramatically improved since even the start of this season. And we have Danny and Splitter who WILL get meaningful minutes in the playoffs barring catastrophe.

I say we have 3 proven champions at the helm, a great coach, and possibly the best bench in the NBA. We have a chance and that's all I'm saying, here or elsewhere.

Fair enough, but Vegas odds don't = a title. And Tim is actually playing quite well all things considered. If he averages 15+/11+ in the playoffs and is as active as he has been on defense I don't think he'll be the reason we lose.

Once again, why bring it up then? If you can't prove it and have no evidence to the contrary for the 2012 spurs, what's your point besides bitching to bitch?

Blair could

Jefferson used to

Bonner could

All things considered

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172107

Ring any bells?

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Blair could

Jefferson used to

Bonner could

All things considered

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172107

Ring any bells?

1) lame response to which i award you no points
2) refer to my final response in that thread

DMC
02-16-2012, 02:18 PM
1) lame response to which i award you no points
2) refer to my final response in that thread

So you want me to cherry pick your last response and ignore all the others? h2b pretty much nailed it and you said his projection was an epic failure. In that thread I pointed out that the Spurs were an up tempo team and that those teams have had problems in the playoffs.

Just admit you are irrationally optimistic and I will admit that I am not.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
So you want me to cherry pick your last response and ignore all the others? h2b pretty much nailed it and you said his projection was an epic failure. In that thread I pointed out that the Spurs were an up tempo team and that those teams have had problems in the playoffs.

Just admit you are irrationally optimistic and I will admit that I am not.

:lol ok, I'll let you defend history2b all you want, bro. i was clearly trolling too and you obviously don't know his history as a total retard but have at it

Tiago Splitter
02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
There was a thread similar to this last year then the first round happened.. :lol

DMC
02-16-2012, 02:48 PM
:lol ok, I'll let you defend history2b all you want, bro. i was clearly trolling too and you obviously don't know his history as a total retard but have at it
I know he was dropping calculated shit bombs, but you got hit by one tbh.

:lolcting like you aren't doing it again.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
lol me trolling DMC a year later with posts meant for 2b

703 Spurz
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
“Jeremy Lin is a good player,” Mayweather tweeted Monday, “but all the hype is because he plays for the Knicks. The Spurs do what the Knicks do every season and don’t get the same praise.”

When the fuck have the Knicks done anything in the last 12 years?

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
lol me trolling DMC a year later with posts meant for 2b
:lmao you acting like your shit wasn't pushed completely into your chest cavity.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:05 PM
:lol calling out a win

ROFL trolled inadvertently.. this is seriously fuckin hilarious :lol

i knew eventually you'd get asshurt and start throwing names around since you're a huge hypocrite who couldn't even answer my last serious post to you with even a semblance of a rational thought.

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM
This is what I think:

1 of 2 things will happen guaranteed.

1) The Spurs will continue there tear through the regular season and position themselves as the #1 overall seed in the NBA. That would only set up even greater disappointment in Spurs land.

Spurs don't play playoff basketball

- rely too heavily on the 3p shot
- no low post game
- team defense is spotty at best
- no legit superstar to take over games
- overly reliant on deep rotation

So when they meet a team that slows the game down, plays tough team D they will be exposed for all the things they lack. Happens every year to the pretender teams that run through the regular season chucking 3s.

- Cleveland the last 2 years
- Suns throughout the last 6 years
- Mavs, etc. etc

or 2) Ginobili or Duncan suffers a marginal injury before seasons end and then all the excuses come about from Spurs fans how this would have been title #5 blah blah blah if this never happened. They would have become the first chucker team in history to win a title... right!

Epic Failure.

:lmao

Getting your shit pushed in by h2b

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
:lol not knowing history2b called me and others stalkers and challenged chumpdumper(?) and I to a fight at his address in real life
:lol thinking I was ever serious once when trolling him

:lol being trolled by me a year later

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
:cry I trolled you first goddamit

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:12 PM
:cry damn I'm fuckin retarded:cry

superbigtime
02-16-2012, 03:42 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001758545/1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge. jpeg (http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/celebrities-are-hiring-who-would-you-hate-to-work-for/question-2461181/)

I'm all too happy to eat second helpings of this. Spurs have scratched out some ugly wins and even lost some unlikely games (Sacto comes to mind). I'm 'thrilled' to be on this streak, a win is a win even against a crappy foe. We'll see how the west part of the RRT goes. I give TP, TD and the bench all the credit, and even a little to Pop. We're playing terrific team ball overall. Still worried though, because we remain undersized, we still have a squirrely coach, Tiago remains underplayed, Bonner isn't reliable and can disappear, ditto for RJ. It's exciting to watch this team, there's no doubt now that they can go far. Path to championship #5 is wide open.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont have high hopes honestly cuz of the past 4-5 years. Our D is way too inconsistent and is slightly above average at best tbh. I dont see us getting past second round fwiw imho. But I would gladly like to be proven wrong come playoffs.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001758545/1735916458_1240605367_eating_crow_answer_1_xlarge. jpeg (http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/celebrities-are-hiring-who-would-you-hate-to-work-for/question-2461181/)

I'm all too happy to eat second helpings of this. Spurs have scratched out some ugly wins and even lost some unlikely games (Sacto comes to mind). I'm 'thrilled' to be on this streak, a win is a win even against a crappy foe. We'll see how the west part of the RRT goes. I give TP, TD and the bench all the credit, and even a little to Pop. We're playing terrific team ball overall. Still worried though, because we remain undersized, we still have a squirrely coach, Tiago remains underplayed, Bonner isn't reliable and can disappear, ditto for RJ. It's exciting to watch this team, there's no doubt now that they can go far. Path to championship #5 is wide open.

This as well

rascal
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
One of the many doubters. 5 straight on the road and 9 straight overall, including some quality outings against quality competition, not good enough.

Let me warn you cali, they'll be more than happy to bump threads like this later to show their obvious superiority should our team be one of the 29 losers this season.

Feasting on non playoff teams in the east.

pawe
02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Anything can happen.
I like the OP's enthusiasm though. I hope every Spurs fans become like him and stop being so negative on the team.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Anything can happen.
I like the OP's enthusiasm though. I hope every Spurs fans become like him and stop being so negative on the team.

Thanks. Nice sig there, too.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 09:36 PM

Getting your shit pushed in by h2b

DMC showing interest in anal sex between men.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 11:26 PM
:lmao you acting like your shit wasn't pushed completely into your chest cavity.

More evidence of what's on his mind.

Calispursfan11
02-16-2012, 11:28 PM
There was a thread similar to this last year then the first round happened.. :lol

But this year, we have you playing tha minutes holmes.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
We don't have the same defensive and rebounding woes as we did last season. With Green and Leonard, the perimeter defense has been better than at any time last season even if it lacks consistency. Splitter getting more minutes has meant better help defense on dribble penetration and moe consistent rebounding.

This team has a better shot especially considering the ginormous step backthat LA and Dallas has taken.

Pessimism is not a virtue.

xellos88330
02-17-2012, 04:02 AM
I wonder if Greg Anthony still thinks the Spurs are done.

Calispursfan11
02-17-2012, 11:16 AM

Did he say that recently? I missed it.

Calispursfan11
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM

I recall Stephen A Smith giving them props even at the beginning of the year, when everyone else scoffed. Truth be told, Stephen A knew what he was talking about.

xellos88330
02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Did he say that recently? I missed it.

He said it during the Spurs/Miami pregame show. A couple of times on NBA Gametime, it sounds like he is upset that the Spurs are winning. IIRC, he said he doesn't think they are a legitimate playoff team.

TJastal
02-17-2012, 12:59 PM
He said it during the Spurs/Miami pregame show. A couple of times on NBA Gametime, it sounds like he is upset that the Spurs are winning. IIRC, he said he doesn't think they are a legitimate playoff team.

Gee, I wonder where he got that idea from? Could it be .. possibly that Pop relies way too heavily on Matt Bonner while a highly skilled 7 footer rots on th bench?

Could it be that Pop still starts a center who is only a few inches taller than Tony Parker and can barely move anymore with two gimpy knees?

Could it be because Pop stubborly refuses to give up on the Richard Jefferson reclamation project? After how many dissappointments.. Dude should have been amnestied and personally escorted to the city limits right after the lockout ended. There are plenty of guys who could have stepped up in his place.

I think most of us "doubters" have hopes that things will turn out differently, but if Pop doesn't adjust his ways and learn from his mistakes the spurs will not go far in the playoffs.

xmas1997
02-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Still have spotty defense to go all the way, but a definite improvement over last year.
The problem is, the more they keep winning, the worse their position is in this coming draft, a draft full of decent bigs that could really help come next year.
Defense wins championships, bottom line. Unless they can improve to at least a top 5 defensive team, realistically they have no chance this year, so all this winning is shooting themselves in the foot toward advancing in the playoffs and toward getting a high pick in the draft.

xellos88330
02-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Gee, I wonder where he got that idea from? Could it be .. possibly that Pop relies way too heavily on Matt Bonner while a highly skilled 7 footer rots on th bench?

Could it be that Pop still starts a center who is only a few inches taller than Tony Parker and can barely move anymore with two gimpy knees?

Could it be because Pop stubborly refuses to give up on the Richard Jefferson reclamation project? After how many dissappointments.. Dude should have been amnestied and personally escorted to the city limits right after the lockout ended. There are plenty of guys who could have stepped up in his place.

I think most of us "doubters" have hopes that things will turn out differently, but if Pop doesn't adjust his ways and learn from his mistakes the spurs will not go far in the playoffs.

I can understand if he said that the Spurs wouldn't be real players in the title hunt, but to pretty much count them out of the playoff picture was ridiculous. The Spurs have weaknesses sure, but their strengths are good enough to get them into the playoffs.

therealtruth
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Still have spotty defense to go all the way, but a definite improvement over last year.
The problem is, the more they keep winning, the worse their position is in this coming draft, a draft full of decent bigs that could really help come next year.
Defense wins championships, bottom line. Unless they can improve to at least a top 5 defensive team, realistically they have no chance this year, so all this winning is shooting themselves in the foot toward advancing in the playoffs and toward getting a high pick in the draft.

The lack of good defensive bigs is the big problem. Because Bonner/Blair are weak interior defenders the perimeter players help so much that they're not aggressive enough in challenging shots. It killed us against the Grizzlies. You remember all the open 3's Battier got?

therealtruth
02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
"Spurs don't play playoff basketball

- rely too heavily on the 3p shot
- no low post game
- team defense is spotty at best
- no legit superstar to take over games
- overly reliant on deep rotation"

I think the solution is simple. The Spurs need to work on a having a reliable post game with TD and TS. On defense they need to establish new defensive schemes that use TD and TS and allow perimeter defenders to be more aggressive.