PDA

View Full Version : Spurs-Heat Finals???

TampaDude
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
I'd love to have chance to crush LeBron's championship dreams again. :lol

DesignatedT
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
we suck
we're fools gold
bonner still on the team
blair is still on the team
rj is still on the team
we lost in 1st round after being 1 seed
pop sucks
tiago doesnt play enough
mavs were much better last year and had elite defense
our defense is horrible
you're delusional

just saving everyone the trouble.

Juggity
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
We got utterly destroyed the only time we played them this season. One of the worst halves of basketball I've ever witnessed.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 01:59 PM
we suck
we're fools gold
bonner still on the team
rj is still on the team
pop sucks
tiago doesnt play enough
our defense is horrible
you're delusional

:rollin

We got utterly destroyed the only time we played them this season. One of the worst halves of basketball I've ever witnessed.

true, but Spurs were doing great in the first half. and we had an amazing game vs them where it was a blowout all game long last season when our team was worse.

Robz4000
02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
That was a bit more of a fluky loss where the team wasn't even playoff worthy. Now there's still-building chemistry, Manu is back, and it'd be a 7 game series, not a one-game event. Still don't think the Spurs would win, tho; 6 game series tbh.

suitedkings
02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
How about we worry about winning the next game.

cantthinkofanything
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I would hate to lose to the Heat and give the Mavs fans something else to jizz their moms over.

Tiago Splitter
02-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Let's see the Spurs make it past the first round this time...

manufan10
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
we suck
we're fools gold
bonner still on the team
rj is still on the team
pop sucks
tiago doesnt play enough
our defense is horrible
you're delusional

:lol

romain.star
02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, sure... :rolleyes

Proxy
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
How about we worry about winning the next game.

lol, we aren't on the team. We're fans... unless there's something you aren't telling us.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:55 PM
lol, we aren't on the team. We're fans... unless there's something you aren't telling us.

open question to all who think like you do: do you think any of the spur players, staff, owners, etc care if the fans say 'we' when refering to the team?

if the answer is no, why do you care?

thanks in advance.

DMC
02-16-2012, 02:56 PM
we suck = not championship level
we're fools gold = regular season wins don't translate to playoff wins
bonner still on the team = The melting of the Snowman
blair is still on the team = Bench bound after game 2
rj is still on the team = Ninja defense (meaning he vanishes into a puff of smoke, not the Elliott defense)
we lost in 1st round after being 1 seed = same bullshit hype last year, some of you should learn.
pop sucks - I don't agree with this one
tiago doesnt play enough = completely true for the guy with the 2nd highest FG% in the league.
mavs were much better last year and had elite defense = Mavs won the ring
our defense is horrible = our defense won't stop top tier teams
you're delusional = you need to consider this

z0sa
02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
DMC is extremely fuckin serious about the spurs sucking.

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:00 PM
open question to all who think like you do: do you think any of the spur players, staff, owners, etc care if the fans say 'we' when refering to the team?

thanks in advance.
Sure they do, just like any product vendor wants you to feel you are somehow attached to their product.

The coaches and players are millionaires many times over. They could play one season and retire all because people like you feel they are part of the team.

I enjoy the game, but I don't pretend to be part of the team just like I am not part of a concert just because we all sing when the lead singer holds the microphone out.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Sure they do, just like any product vendor wants you to feel you are somehow attached to their product.

The coaches and players are millionaires many times over. They could play one season and retire all because people like you feel they are part of the team.

I enjoy the game, but I don't pretend to be part of the team just like I am not part of a concert just because we all sing when the lead singer holds the microphone out.

so you think the spurs want the fans who pay their salaries to consider themselves part of the team?

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:02 PM
DMC is extremely fuckin serious about the spurs sucking.
I've made myself very clear that I think they have a chance to win it all this year. I tempered the hyperbole in that 2nd response with reason.

Please continue your hyperbole and arm waving. I find it amusing. :madrun

DMC
02-16-2012, 03:03 PM
so you think the spurs want the fans who pay their salaries to consider themselves part of the team?
I already answered this "sure they do".

Just don't try visiting their home uninvited like the other team members.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I've made myself very clear

so have I. Unfortunately you've blatantly lied about my position multiple times now, such as saying I guaranteed a title last year/this year. You are the exact prototype of the doubters the Doubter thread called out. A total pessimist who says "the spurs have a chance" and then follows with all the reasons why they don't. I don't consider you anywhere near a true fan but hey, like I said earlier, have at it. God knows I won't stop you.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I already answered this "sure they do".

I enjoy the game, but I don't pretend to be part of the team

Pick a lane already.

Proxy
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

thanks in advance.

Just joking. He sounded like a coach. Of course I agree with what he's saying.

z0sa
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Just joking. He sounded like a coach. Of course I agree with what he's saying.

i honestly don't care either way ... i refer to the team as the team because thats most accurate, but dont get asshurt when fans refer to the team as us, either..

clambake
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I would hate to lose to the Heat and give the Mavs fans something else to jizz their moms over.

wouldn't be legit. can't see the league office letting the heat fail this year.

Proxy
02-16-2012, 03:24 PM
i honestly don't care either way ... i refer to the team as the team because thats most accurate, but dont get asshurt when fans refer to the team as us, either..

I say 'us' and 'we' without thinking about it. I don't take credit for anything they do... acting like I had a role in anything but their paycheck. Saying 'us' is giving into the obsession at a minuscule level, and I can admit that I do it at times.

rmt
02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
That was a bit more of a fluky loss where the team wasn't even playoff worthy. Now there's still-building chemistry, Manu is back, and it'd be a 7 game series, not a one-game event. Still don't think the Spurs would win, tho; 6 game series tbh.

It wasn't a fluke. Heat has beaten Spurs by 30 twice in a row. I was there for both and it wasn't pretty. This year was worse because they came back from being down 14(?) so a 44 point swing. Heat's (athletic) perimeter defense is too much for the Spurs and who's going to guard Lebron? RJ? 07 Bowen isn't walking through that door and Leonard is much too inexperienced.

Concentrate on getting past the first round. Hope Pop plays Splitter a lot.

SA210
02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I say "we" or "us" because it's San Antonio. No big deal.

Vic Petro
02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Spurs/Knicks again with Jeremy Lin playing the role of Latrell Sprewell

spurspokesman
02-16-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd love to have chance to crush LeBron's championship dreams again. :lol

We are just a very good regular season team nowadays. But I dig the confidence.

bigfan
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.hark.com/clips/rfwqbxdltb-well-lets-not-start-sucking-each-others-dicks-quite-yet

Seventyniner
02-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Losing in the Finals is still the second-best outcome a season can have. At this point I'd take it.

Arcadian
02-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Yep, I think this is a serious possibility. And while Miami would be heavy favorites (and for good reason), it would be one of the greatest upsets of all time if the Spurs won - and ruining James's hopes of a championship would make it that much sweeter.

It will be difficult, but it is possible. The Spurs are too smart and well-coached to be easily beaten in a 7-game series.

sananspursfan21
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
who says it has to be spurs vs. heat? :hat

xmas1997
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Unless defense improves to at least top 5, no way they make it that far.
Defense wins championships, bottom line!

Magua
02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
It could happen, but it would be an easy 4-0 sweep for Miami with maybe 1 close game.

jARS mEsH sEt
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Spurs don't have a snowball's chance in Miami of beating the Heat.

Old School 44
02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
The Spurs just need to make sure they do everything they can to have a better regular season record to secure home court, just in case they meet in the finals. :rolleyes

therealtruth
02-17-2012, 03:40 PM
The Spurs just need to make sure they do everything they can to have a better regular season record to secure home court, just in case they meet in the finals. :rolleyes

Home court in the Finals doesn't mean as much. The teams that meet in the Finals should be good enough to win on the road. If you can't win on the road you probably can't make it to the Finals.

Old School 44
02-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Home court in the Finals doesn't mean as much. The teams that meet in the Finals should be good enough to win on the road. If you can't win on the road you probably can't make it to the Finals.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I was alluding to the fact Pop played Manu last year against Phoenix just so we could have home court if we met Chicago in the finals. We know how that turned out. :(

therealtruth
02-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I was alluding to the fact Pop played Manu last year against Phoenix just so we could have home court if we met Chicago in the finals. We know how that turned out. :(

Pop's reason is he wanted his starters to get some playing time since they hadn't played against the Lakers in the game before.

Darkwaters
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM

I'm unclear, does that mean Jeremy Lin will choke out his coach or just go broke and only be mentioned in the press when he beaches his yacht?

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
I'd LOVE to see a Spurs-Heat Finals. It would be a matchup we've been waiting for for years.

2006 - if Manu hadn't fouled Dirk, chances are it would have been a Spurs-Heat Finals.

2011 - The West's top seed fell to the.......Grizz.

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-17-2012, 07:25 PM

This would be cool, too. I'd like for San Antonio to prevail in 7 games, but Lin has a monster performance in every single one of those games - averaging, like, 35 points per game.

And Duncan gets that long-awaited 5th ring.

silverblackfan
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I would love to see the Spurs vs. Heat in the playoffs, but am truly thinking of winning the next game at this point. Given a 7 game series, I think Pop, and healthy Tim, Manu and Tony would overcome the Heat.
Honestly, the Knicks / Spurs playoffs would probably net more $ and eyeballs, due to the international appeal and NY.

ohmwrecker
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
This thread reeks of douchebaggery.

sananspursfan21
02-18-2012, 02:17 AM
This thread reeks of douchebaggery.

thought i smelled something in here

TJastal
02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
No unless we add another big. We are biult for the season not the playoffs when the bench gets chopped to an 8 man rotation. We need a young big who can give us 20mpg. We all know as of now Bonner chokes in the playoffs, TD cant go 35mpg every other night and back to backs we will see this year, Blair is out of shape and Splitter has been great but can he go 36mpg? Pops seems to think he can only play 20mpg.

Spurs have a real shot if they make a move, if they dont, they have wasted another year and RC and Pops should both be fired. If you know your close year in and year out but refuse to do the little bit that means a ring instead of a first or second round out you need to go.

We are on a role, but watch for LA and maybe Okl to make moves to improve. If we get to the finals I think it will be the Bulls not the Heat.

:nope

The spurs have to preserve the magical cap space for next season. It's so magical that every last penny must be saved, even a few million for a shot at a title. Besides, the spurs don't need another big. It's a solid gamble that Dejuan Blair's across the board numbers will suddenly improve and he'll get smart at basketball IQ. Happens all the time really. No worries.

So pencil us in for a likely :lobt: this year. Then the fun really starts when the magical capspace is going to land us Dwight, Gerald & the boys. Then we can start ringing like crazy. Pencil us in for the championship in 2013, 2014, & 2015.

SpursDynasty
02-18-2012, 10:31 AM
The Spurs have established themselves as the best team in the league once again. Dallas has regressed, Lakers haven't been good since 2010, and OKC is too young.

Horse
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
If you guys think we have no chance, why watch? and why comment?, just come back next season.