SPARKY
06-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Line up.

Pistons < Spurs
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm always here. Win or lose.

New Drebly032
06-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Me too. Bring it on. I dont care if 100% of teams up 3-2 have won the NBA finals or whatever stat ABC and ESPN throws at us. We wont give up. Weve faced adversity. And we've beaten all odds. Bring it the hell on. 3-2 does not mean 4-2.

Nocioni
06-19-2005, 11:49 PM
game over for the pistons fans

fekz
06-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Im still here, still pissed at sheed, but im not disappointed by the effort displayed. Great game.. hats off to the spurs for knowing out to close out the game when we wouldn't. very good game, just sucks to be on the losing end of it.

Horry For 3!
06-19-2005, 11:54 PM
I had a dream Spurs won game 5 and 6 for the championship. Part 1 is done, time for Part 2 to come into play :) Go Spurs Go!

flame
06-19-2005, 11:58 PM
i gotta commend the pistons fans that are here still. Especially Pistons>Spurs - you may not know math very well but at least ur objective about the game. Can definately tell you love good basketball more than a good thumping (Id rather watch a good basketball game than have the spurs stomp a team.....might even take the spurs losing just to watch a good game =P)

violentkitten
06-20-2005, 12:00 AM
here they are:

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2005/fans_360_050619.jpg

represent.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:00 AM
i gotta commend the pistons fans that are here still. Especially Pistons>Spurs - you may not know math very well but at least ur objective about the game. Can definately tell you love good basketball more than a good thumping (Id rather watch a good basketball game than have the spurs stomp a team.....might even take the spurs losing just to watch a good game =P)

fans like him and DLF and PistonsNation and others are good fans.

People who tell the owner of this site to "kiss his black ass" are trolls....its important to know the difference.

CrazyOne
06-20-2005, 12:03 AM
It's good to have (most) of y'all here... this is shaping up to be a great series.

WayDowntownBang
06-20-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm here.

My stomach hurts, my heart is broken and I feel like someone just threw my dog up against a fence, but I'm here. In fact, I came into the chatroom after I got home to take my lumps like a man.

This loss hurts, there's no way around it. I made a thread for Piston fans, but I'm not sure if it's a contribution for them, or just a therapy session for myself. This one.. really.. really hurt. When Horry hit that three, I felt my stomach just imploded. Game's been over for an hour and I still feel physically ill.

I respect the hell out of the Spurs and the good fans on this board, but if you're wearing Piston blue, you can't give up. Don't look at it like TWO games you have to win. Go out, and do your best in Game 6. If you can pull THAT one off, it's Game 7.

Anything can happen.

Now.. where's my antacids...?

JamStone
06-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Have been here after every game. Excited to finally see a good game. Hearbroken over the loss, but it was a great, great game. The obstacle is incredibly difficult from here on out for the Pistons, but we still believe, and will fight til it's over, win or lose.

atlfan25
06-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Roll calls?????????? what the fuck is this the fucking cantina are u mombear?

baseline bum
No way we should be rubbing this in their noses. At least out of respect to the majority of the Piston fans here who have backed their team, but not acted like asses to us. All the Piston trolls got punishment enough tonight anyways.

rolbaza
Me too. Bring it on. I dont care if 100% of teams up 3-2 have won the NBA finals or whatever stat ABC and ESPN throws at us. We wont give up. Weve faced adversity. And we've beaten all odds. Bring it the hell on. 3-2 does not mean 4-2.

That's the way a team's fan ought to be!!! The SPPPPURRRRSSS will still win

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
Great, great game. What was Sheed thinking? Horry saved TD from getting grilled about his collapse down the stretch. What a performance from #5...

This is far from over though...

rolbaza
06-20-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm here.

My stomach hurts, my heart is broken and I feel like someone just threw my dog up against a fence, but I'm here. In fact, I came into the chatroom after I got home to take my lumps like a man.

Now.. where's my antacids...?

That's how we felt after the "0.4 game"

WayDowntownBang
06-20-2005, 12:12 AM
That's how we felt after the "0.4 game"

It's how I felt after Larry Bird stole that inbounds pass back in 1987 too.

No man should have to feel how I feel twice in their lives over the SAME team.

Could be worse, I suppose. I could be a Buffalo Bills fan.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Im still here, still pissed at sheed, but im not disappointed by the effort displayed. Great game.. hats off to the spurs for knowing out to close out the game when we wouldn't. very good game, just sucks to be on the losing end of it.

What happened to...

I'll go back to the pistons board, it's nothing to me. I thought there would be respectful discussions, but this place is more like an angry ass pleasantville. Keep your "best basketball on the net" discussions laced with hatred and racism, stereotypes and generalizations. Your board can kiss my black ass honesty, Kori Ellis. if this is what you call the best best basketball discussions on the net, I guess I better look elsewhere.

Pistons in 7 bitches. You want shitty attitudes? You have them. Don't bother replying with some half witted smart response, I won't be back to see it. To those who had the decency to talk basketball, great. To the rest, fuck you.

combs84
06-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Yea, Kobe's game 2 shot hurt a lot last year, probably more so for me. Horry is just a bad mamma jamma.

Gotta take my Stones in 7 tho, hopefully we can eek out 2 close ones in SA.

slayermin
06-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Tough, bitter loss. Just to let you Detroit fans know, that is how it is on the West Coast. It's over but I'm not gonna rub it in.

It's gonna be the Manu Ginobili show on Tuesday night. If you don't like Manu now, you are absolutely gonna hate him as he caps an incredible 365 days.

fekz
06-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I showed up because Im not a bandwagon fan, and Im off again. I really don't give a fuck what you think about me, you can dig up all the quotes you want.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 10:49 AM
:sleep

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2005, 10:54 AM
You Piston fans are lucky to be here, this series should be over by now.

You felt like shit WayDownTownBang?

I felt pretty bad after seeing the SPurs go up 2-0, and then getting blown out for 2 straight games, and almost losing game 5. I thought we were lost in the 4th when we were down 4 with like a minute to go, I felt like the series was over, but I didn't give up.

It was just so frustrating because if we lost that game, we would have lost all because of Duncan's foul shooting, and I even said that towards the end of the 3rd, that this game will come down to FT shooting. I just wouldn't have been able to see the Spurs lose the series in the NBA finals because Duncan likes to brick front rim for 6 straight shots...

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
I've been here every day. These are the mornings that aren't fun but at least it was a good game. I will never give up on the Stones. Still say Pistons in 7..

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=ALVAREZ6]"You Piston fans are lucky to be here, this series should be over by now."

Yeah, because games 3 and 4 were so close. :blah Get a clue, son.
Go back to playing X Box.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I will never give up on the Stones

nor should you.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I need ABC to play that Rob Thomas song now.

This is how a heart breaks.

Wasn't winning the game enough? Do you really need to sink that low to torture us? :lol

Last night's game was the series we've all been waiting for. I am not ashamed to be a Pistons fan. We showed up, we got beat. I saw effort, and that's all I can ask.
I'm with NDrebly. I don't hear no fat lady singing. Odds may be against us, but miracles DO happen.

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 11:03 AM
nor should you.

Well, some Pistons fans are on here saying it's over. I guess there's ones like that everywhere. It won't be easy, that's for sure.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 11:07 AM
and some Spurs fans said it was over after Game 4...I guess every team has them.

BigDaddyMatty
06-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Roll calls?????????? what the fuck is this the fucking cantina are u mombear?
mombear!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Isiah
06-20-2005, 11:31 AM
We're still here, What a game!! Thats what Horry does, I got no complaints, Sheed should know better than that, if you Spurs fans think this series is over thats fine.... They still gotta play Tuesday night, we'll see how the Pistons react....I expect the Pistons to win on Tuesday, b/c thats what they do, backs against the wall, thats when the Pistons play there best.... any Piston fan on this board can attest to that.....

PISTONS IN 7

payce :fro

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 11:33 AM
yeah....Spurs fans think its over....

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19256

The ignorance continues... :rolleyes

Payce????

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-20-2005, 11:51 AM
YO, Im still here and I'm still confident. Anyone who watched that game last night knows the PISTONS outplayed the spurs in that game. And if your a spurs fan you gotta admit the pistons have much more heart than the spurs and if any team can win 2 in a row in your building it would be us. But I will admit it's a very tough task. But we've been here before....

pache100
06-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I respect the hell out of the Spurs and the good fans on this board, but if you're wearing Piston blue, you can't give up.

I respect the Pistons and their fans, too. I never liked Rasheed Wallace before he went to Detroit (I used to think he was a thug, like the rest of the Portland Trailgangstas), but he's not. He's just a big ol' kid and he's a great basketball player. I gained a lot of respect for his during this season, beginning with the brawl, where he was trying to get his fellow players off the court and out of the fray. Prior to that night, I'd have bet he'd have been the first one out there smacking people around. And I watched him defuse situations all season after that. Lot of respect for 'Sheed.

I like Chauncey and I love Ben and Rip. I can take or leave Hunter and the rest. But Larry Brown is my favorite coach after Pop. I never quite got over him leaving here.

And, I have a confession to make. Last year, after the Pistons won the Championship, I bought a Pistons tshirt! I have never worn it, but it's sitting there in the drawer, and I'm proud of it. That's the only NBA item I have EVER bought that doesn't say "Spurs".

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Anyone who watched that game last night knows the PISTONS outplayed the spurs in that game. And if your a spurs fan you gotta admit the pistons have much more heart than the spurs

Why? Because you say so?

I saw it and I didn't think either team outplayed the other. I saw the two most recent champions go toe to toe for 53 minutes. I saw the Pistons heart in games 3 and 4 and I saw the Spurs heart last night. This series isn't over and to dismiss the Pistons is foolish and ignorant....to say the Spurs didn't earn that victory last night is equally so.

DDS4
06-20-2005, 12:10 PM
YO, Im still here and I'm still confident. Anyone who watched that game last night knows the PISTONS outplayed the spurs in that game. And if your a spurs fan you gotta admit the pistons have much more heart than the spurs and if any team can win 2 in a row in your building it would be us. But I will admit it's a very tough task. But we've been here before....

Pistons "outplayed" the Spurs? What's the final score, son?

If you truly think the Pistons outplayed them, then they surely choked their lead indicated by the final score. And they didn't choke, IMO. It was two heavyweights going at each other.

And Pistons having more heart? That remains to be seen. If the Spurs finish them off, you can have all the heart you want. Final score is what matters.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
The Spurs definitely "outplayed" the Pistons last night. If TD was on from the FT line the game would've been won by them in regulation.

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Pistons "outplayed" the Spurs? What's the final score, son?

If you truly think the Pistons outplayed them, then they surely choked their lead indicated by the final score. And they didn't choke, IMO. It was two heavyweights going at each other.

And Pistons having more heart? That remains to be seen. If the Spurs finish them off, you can have all the heart you want. Final score is what matters.
You name me one person off the spurs team who showed up last night besides Bowen and Horry in the 4th qtr and beyond. They all went and hid a soon as the 4 qtr started. I give Robert Horry credit, he just added us to the list cities whose heart he stole. But Tim Duncan wanted us to have that game and got bailed out by the one player on your team who has heart. Keept this in mind Spurs fans: 1990 we hadnt won in Portland in 17 YEARS, went out there and won 3 straight to capture our 2nd consecutive title. WE STILL BELIEVE....

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh, so now we have to start excluding players from teams? Fuck that man, that's some dumb fucking shit.

SpursChampsIII
06-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I need ABC to play that Rob Thomas song now.

This is how a heart breaks.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...NOT AGAIN!!!! :throwupsp

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:28 PM
You name me one person off the spurs team who showed up last night besides Bowen and Horry in the 4th qtr and beyond

so then....the Pistons only got beat by two guys? two against five? nice.

You missed the point. The other players were there doing other things like rebounding and playing defense.

So you are saying that none of the Spurs, except Horry and Bowen did anything, yet......Detroit still lost? Sounds like you are saying they choked.

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-20-2005, 12:34 PM
so then....the Pistons only got beat by two guys? two against five? nice.

You missed the point. The other players were there doing other things like rebounding and playing defense.

So you are saying that none of the Spurs, except Horry and Bowen did anything, yet......Detroit still lost? Sounds like you are saying they choked.
That's exactly what Im saying. We did choke, but Duncan showed his true colors last night and so did Gino, and TP. Robert Horry cant bail you out of every game. We've been thru shots like this before. Kobe tried to snatch our hearts last year with this kinda shot but we bounced back. Larry Bird got us back in 87' with the steal of a Zeke pass so we've seen this before. And WE ALWAYS BOUNCE BACK. When game 7 comes, your big 3 will fold like my favorite chair down the stretch.....

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Kobe didn't go into your house, rip out your heart and cut off your balls.

Duncan brought 26 and 19, Piston Fan.

Now I can understand that you are in a daze after last night but that's not going to be a viable defense for your stupidity for much longer.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
We did choke, but Duncan showed his true colors last night and so did Gino, and TP

you are right....26 and 19 are Duncan's true colors...and Ginobili had 5 points and 3 assists in that quarter.

I think its hilarious when the Spurs win...its because Detroit choked but when Detroit wins they are better. :rolleyes

For a group of fans who claim never to get respect.....some of you are reluctant to give it as well.

pache100
06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Keept this in mind Spurs fans: 1990 we hadnt won in Portland in 17 YEARS, went out there and won 3 straight to capture our 2nd consecutive title. WE STILL BELIEVE....

Hmmm. That was a loooooong time ago, 1990. There are no current players that were on that team. We won the championship for the first time in 1999...WITH TIM DUNCAN (who is still on the current team).

You're grasping for straws now. Don't get lame on me, or you'll lose me AND my respect.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
You name me one person off the spurs team who showed up last night besides Bowen and Horry in the 4th qtr and beyond. They all went and hid a soon as the 4 qtr started. I give Robert Horry credit, he just added us to the list cities whose heart he stole. But Tim Duncan wanted us to have that game and got bailed out by the one player on your team who has heart. Keept this in mind Spurs fans: 1990 we hadnt won in Portland in 17 YEARS, went out there and won 3 straight to capture our 2nd consecutive title. WE STILL BELIEVE....

That's cute. Remember that the current Pistons team has already been blown out twice in SA. A little different circumstance...

SpursWoman
06-20-2005, 01:06 PM
your big 3 will fold like my favorite chair down the stretch.....

Your favorite chair is a folding one? :wtf :lol

MOTOWNS_FINEST
Hmmm. That was a loooooong time ago, 1990. There are no current players that were on that team. We won the championship for the first time in 1999...WITH TIM DUNCAN (who is still on the current team).

You're grasping for straws now. Don't get lame on me, or you'll lose me AND my respect.
I could give 2 shits about anybody giving us respect, we got respect whether anyone likes it or not. No one takes us lightly...But anyway yeah Timmy put up some nice numbers, but dude is soft as baby shit man forreal. He can have 50 and 50 and it wouldnt matter if he cant hit a shot down the stretch and look just as dumb as Shaq does at the free throw line. Dude doesnt even bend his knees, just throws that shit up....LOL. And guess what, NO MR. ROBINSON to save his ass this time. He can keep lookin for Rob Horry if he wants to. But its gonna come down to him sooner or later and we'll see what he does....bet the end result will be that same shot of Pop rubbin his knee whisperin' sweet nothing's in his ear again. That was the lamest shit Ive seen since Zeke and Magic kissing...LMAO!!!

DDS4
That's exactly what Im saying. We did choke, but Duncan showed his true colors last night and so did Gino, and TP. Robert Horry cant bail you out of every game. We've been thru shots like this before. Kobe tried to snatch our hearts last year with this kinda shot but we bounced back. Larry Bird got us back in 87' with the steal of a Zeke pass so we've seen this before. And WE ALWAYS BOUNCE BACK. When game 7 comes, your big 3 will fold like my favorite chair down the stretch.....

Just because your team lost, they choked? Don't what to say about that..if that's your hangup, that's your problem. If I were a Piston fan, I'm happy with the effort not the outcome. Billups had some good looks and tough shots. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. Doesn't mean he choked.

Take away Tim's, Tony's or Manu's production last night and this win would have been an overwhelming loss. Tim outrebounded the Wallace brothers alone. Tell me that ain't production. Did he miss some free throws? Sure. But without Tim or Manu, Horry wouldn't have had an open lane for a dunk or open looks for a three.

And your '87 reference? Ancient freakin' history. Has no bearing on what happens in this year or in game 6.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
I could give 2 shits about anybody giving us respect, we got respect whether anyone likes it or not. No one takes us lightly...But anyway yeah Timmy put up some nice numbers, but dude is soft as baby shit man forreal.

ooh...you speak goodly. I guess hooked on phonics didn't work for you. :)

Yeah Tim is soft which explains the all-NBA selections, the two MVP's and the two Finals MVP's.

Yeah dog, Timmy is soft forreal....foshizzle. :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow -- this had started as a nice, respectful exchange between fans willing to feel the other side's pain (from having been there and done that). Then Motown's Finest shows up, starts throwing bombs and heats up the rhetoric.

I can't agree that the Pistons "outplayed" the Spurs last night, mostly because the context suggests that the Pistons showed very little killer instinct in Game 5. The Pistons had absolutely scuttled the Spurs in Games 3 and 4. A team with "no heart" wouldn't have bothered to show up for Game 5 -- that team would have mailed in a weak performance and hoped to get back on track at home in Game 6. Unlike that hypothetical team, the Spurs played, for the most part, with better effort and energy last night than the Pistons.

The Pistons had the Spurs at a tipping point at the end of their 13-2 run in the 1st Quarter. Pop took a timeout and it sure looked like a replay of Game 4. But then a funny thing happened. Spurs players decided to attack the Pistons defense; to play with great confidence and resolve. The Spurs put faith in their defense and were aggressive at tracking down defensive rebounds. The Spurs developed, before a national audience, a genuine belief that they could win Game 5. They were able to do that, I thought, because the Pistons confidence turned into complacency at times.

It was a team effort for the Spurs. Horry's heroics were possible because Tim Duncan was magnificent in the first 3 quarters. Bowen's late defense was meaningful because Tony Parker played a terrific first half. Manu's 9th assist was available because he had shown a renewed willingness to attack the basket in the earlier stages of the game.

I thought the Pistons played well last night, and arguably, they have only themselves to blame for the loss. But with that said, it's ridiculous to say the Pistons outplayed the Spurs.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I go back to my analogy of two heavyweight fighters. Each time one landed a shot, the other one answered back.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Exactly FWD. You don't lose to a team on your home floor after blowing them out in the prior two games, especially with you needing all of your home games plus one road victory to win the series.

Pistons fucking gagged last night.

http://billmon.org/archives/new%20cheney.gif

"Big time."

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow -- this had started as a nice, respectful exchange between fans

Ya what happened? Last night this was a pretty decent thread. But I check it out today, and it seems to have gone to hell....arrggh.

Both teams played great. Both teams showed desire. One team got it done, and the other didn't. End of story.

Lets get ready for game 6!

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 01:27 PM
I could give 2 shits about anybody giving us respect, we got respect whether anyone likes it or not. No one takes us lightly...But anyway yeah Timmy put up some nice numbers, but dude is soft as baby shit man forreal. He can have 50 and 50 and it wouldnt matter if he cant hit a shot down the stretch and look just as dumb as Shaq does at the free throw line. Dude doesnt even bend his knees, just throws that shit up....LOL. And guess what, NO MR. ROBINSON to save his ass this time. He can keep lookin for Rob Horry if he wants to. But its gonna come down to him sooner or later and we'll see what he does....bet the end result will be that same shot of Pop rubbin his knee whisperin' sweet nothing's in his ear again. That was the lamest shit Ive seen since Zeke and Magic kissing...LMAO!!!

Again, Piston Fan needs to watch more basketball.

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=DDS4] Billups had some good looks and tough shots. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. Doesn't mean he choked.

QUOTE]
Not saying Billups choked. We as a team choked (more Rahseeh than anybody). But you can run down the numerous MVP's and the all-star selections and all of that bullshit if you want but bottom-line, if you had to pick a dude to hit a shot to save your life, dude wouldnt even be mentioned in the top 100. I'll take Billups over anybody the spurs have (no disrepect to Horry but he wont do that but once a year)

MOTOWNS_FINEST
06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=FromWayDowntown]

The Pistons had the Spurs at a tipping point at the end of their 13-2 run in the 1st Quarter. Pop took a timeout and it sure looked like a replay of Game 4. But then a funny thing happened. Spurs players decided to attack the Pistons defense; to play with great confidence and resolve.

QUOTE]
I can admit it, Pop has been taking Brown to school in the this series...

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Piston Fan would dump on TD in favor of CHAWNC-EE Billups. Go figure.

Spurminator
06-20-2005, 01:37 PM
But you can run down the numerous MVP's and the all-star selections and all of that bullshit if you want but bottom-line, if you had to pick a dude to hit a shot to save your life, dude wouldnt even be mentioned in the top 100.

Maybe not on your list. He'd be in my top ten easily, and probably the number one big man.

Have you watched the Spurs before this series, like, ever?

td4mvp21
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM

Thats full of bull. It was an even matched game. Spurs led in rebounds and assists and paint points and Pistons led in blocks, turnovers, and fast break points. To say the Pistons outplayed the Spurs is ridiculous. It was probably the most evenly matched game of the playoffs. You guys have more heart? Then how come we won on the road in overtime? Do you know how difficult that is to do? Also, there is usually one thing in the playoffs that helps you win the championship. 2003-Horry missed that three and we lead the series
2004-Prince's block on Reggie Miller(the best block in
a while)
2005-Horry's GW???? I don't know teams that come up with stuff like Horry did last night has pretty good chances. But then again D-Fish's shot wasn't necessarily important in the Finals. But do you get the point at least?

Extra Stout
06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
I could give 2 shits about anybody giving us respect, we got respect whether anyone likes it or not. No one takes us lightly...But anyway yeah Timmy put up some nice numbers, but dude is soft as baby shit man forreal. He can have 50 and 50 and it wouldnt matter if he cant hit a shot down the stretch and look just as dumb as Shaq does at the free throw line. Dude doesnt even bend his knees, just throws that shit up....LOL. And guess what, NO MR. ROBINSON to save his ass this time. He can keep lookin for Rob Horry if he wants to. But its gonna come down to him sooner or later and we'll see what he does....bet the end result will be that same shot of Pop rubbin his knee whisperin' sweet nothing's in his ear again. That was the lamest shit Ive seen since Zeke and Magic kissing...LMAO!!!The last time Tim Duncan had an opportunity to close out an NBA Finals at home, he finished 2 blocks short of a quadruple double.

So take your weak shit back from where it came.

ZappaFan
06-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm still here! Actually, I'm back, but that's because I've been on vacation since just after game 1. Watched games 2, 3 & 4 in a cabin in the Smokies (Gatlinburg, TN), got home in time to see the heartbreak of Game 5. Congrats to the Spurs, they showed up & stepped up when they needed to. The Pistons, unfortunately had a couple cases of brain crampage at the end. Besides the obvious Sheed boner, Rip also missed a wide open Tay breaking to the basket as he was forcing up a bad shot to end the game. Rip reverted to an old habit of having tunnel vision when he's driving to the basket. He should have dumped it off to Tay for a game winning dunk. If-shoulda-coulda-woulda-didn't. That's the breaks.

This is not as bad as the time Bird stole the inbounds pass from Thomas. That was probably the worst I've ever felt after a basketball game.

This one reminds me a lot of losing to NJ in triple-OT last year at the Palace. That also put the Pistons on the brink of elimination, and headed to NJ for what was effectively a game 7 type game. NJ had handled the Pistons for both NJ home games to that point. But the Pistons dominated that game 6 and returned home to close it out.

This is similar, and I can remain positive about the Pistons chances, even though they face the seemingly impossible task of winning two in a row on the Spurs court.

First of all, I believe there is a chance for a Spurs let-down in game 6. There's always game 7 to close it out, game 6 won't be viewed as "must win" for them as it will be for the Pistons, regardless of what you hear them say.

I believe the Pistons, and Sheed in particular, will bring their best game to the table for game 6. They play best when facing adversity. It doesn't get more adverse than facing elimination. So honestly, I feel pretty strongly about the Pistons taking game 6.

Once it gets to game 7, anything can happen. There will certainly be a LOT of people happy that it gets to a game 7, that's for sure.

Looking at it philosophically, if the Pistons had won last night, I think they might have had a bit of a let down and lost game 6 anyway. They always seem to find a way to make it hard on themselves. I've really felt like one way or another this thing was going 7 games either way. So in that respect I'm not feeling at all like the series is lost already.

I'm really looking forward to a heckuva game 6. I know the Pistons are gonna bring it big time. If the Spurs answer the bell like they did in game 5 we're going to be in for another barn-burner. You're not going to see the same Pistons team that didn't show up for games 1 & 2, tho, I think you can be sure of that.

cherylsteele
06-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, some Pistons fans are on here saying it's over. I guess there's ones like that everywhere. It won't be easy, that's for sure.

Yogi Berra once said "it ain't over til it's over"

We still have to play game 6.....anything can happen.....this has been a strange series....al blowoutsexcept game 5 (the way I thought the series would be)

Game 6 I expect a close game with the Pistons layiong it all out on the line and the Spurs pulling away late in the 4th.

Spurs 100
Pistons 91

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Game 5 was a "must win" for the Pistons. This is what makes me chortle at the argument that the Pistons 'play well with their backs against the wall' or whatever delusion that Piston Fan wants to cling to at the present moment. Their backs were against the wall.

What we saw last night was shrinkage of epic proportions...

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 02:04 PM

Shrinkage met Growth last night. Growth won.

ZappaFan
06-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Game 5 was a "must win" for the Pistons. This is what makes me chortle at the argument that the Pistons 'play well with their backs against the wall' or whatever delusion that Piston Fan wants to cling to at the present moment. Their backs were against the wall.

They weren't facing elimination last night, their backs were not against the wall. Their confidence was at an all time high, having just beaten the Spurs in two games even worse than the Spurs beat them in games 1 & 2. The Pistons were feeling very comfortable heading into last night's game, not desperate at all. Your analysis is completely wrong.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Actually the Spurs beat the Pistons worse in Game 2 than they lost in Game 3. Especially in light of Game 4, the Pistons' meltdown in the critical Game 5 was all the more appalling.

Detroit needed to win that game last night. They've been crap on the road thusfar in this series. Banking on winning two in a row on the road in the Finals is a bit of a stretch, even for Piston Fan.

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 02:24 PM
National Weather Service:
San Antonio and surrounding area-
The National Weather Service has issued a level 6 Hurricane for the area of San Antonio and surrounding area. Hurricane Wallace expected to hit land sometime Tuesday around 5 pm and locate it's eye over the SBC Arena for the remainder of the night. Please stay indoors, under secure structures.
Gail force wids expected to reach 200mph and is known to sweep championships away with ease. Please be aware of the destructive force and stay clear of it's red, white and blue North Eastern fury.
end-