PDA

View Full Version : 3 team deal was disucssed: LAL / PHO / HOU - per my source

milkshakeballa
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow....just talked to one of my NBA insiders out in LA.

He said very recently, a 3 team deal was being discussed between HOU / PHO / LAL.

He said the framework went like this:

HOU in:
Pau Gasol
Devin Ebanks

HOU out:
Luis Scola
Kevin Martin
Chase Buddinger

PHO in:
Kevin Martin
Chase Buddinger

PHO out:
Steve Nash

LAL in:
Luis Scola
Steve Nash

LAL out:
Pau Gasol
Devin Ebanks

He also said both of the Lakers first round picks were going to each of the opposing teams.

Don't know how far this progressed but that would have brought the Lakers back in contention...

JamStone
02-16-2012, 11:17 PM
After your source told you this, did he give you a discount on the bag of doritos and the cherry slurpee?

lefty
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
After your source told you this, did he give you a discount on the bag of doritos and the cherry slurpee?

Yawn

mavs>spurs
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
trade would actually probably make hte lakers better..pau gasol is better than scola/nash at this point but him just standing in the paint not getting the ball renders him useless. kobe be ball hoggin and fuckin up the triangle tbh

cheguevara
02-17-2012, 12:05 AM
:lmao

what a stupid trade for the Lakers. Scola can be neutralized fairly easily, same goes for the dead corpse called Nash

TIMMYtoZO
02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
:lmao@ anyone who thinks this is a good move for the Lakers. A 38 year old Nash and a soon to be 32 year old Scola who will be under contract for a few more years. They still won't free up cap space either. :lol

DMC
02-17-2012, 12:16 AM
All the snide remarks aside, none of these teams are going anywhere soon so trading isn't going to hurt anything. It can only make them better tbh.

Kindergarten Cop
02-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Has this been a wild ride or what?

It has gone from the Lakers getting BOTH Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to the Lakers getting BOTH Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to the Lakers getting ONLY Dwight Howard ...

... and now getting Scola and Nash?

While it is extremely difficult to sympathize with Laker fans, I've got to say that I do feel a tad bit sorry for how this has all played out.

baseline bum
02-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Scola looked like shit earlier this year. Has he picked it up the last couple of weeks? Otherwise, LA would be getting raped in this retarded conjecture.

hehateme
02-17-2012, 12:26 AM
this trade smells like fishy shit..

Mal
02-17-2012, 12:29 AM
:lmao@ anyone who thinks this is a good move for the Lakers. A 38 year old Nash and a soon to be 32 year old Scola who will be under contract for a few more years. They still won't free up cap space either. :lol

36 yrs old Kobe is about to earn 33 mil, so what Scola`s contract matter

DPG21920
02-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Suns hang up the phone.

DMC
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM

It has gone from the Lakers getting BOTH Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to the Lakers getting BOTH Deron Williams and Dwight Howard to the Lakers getting ONLY Dwight Howard ...

While it is extremely difficult to sympathize with Laker fans, I've got to say that I do feel a tad bit sorry for how this has all played out.
I don't feel sorry for them. They are always willing to wholesale the team at the drop of a hat (or a season) and they've had more than their share of superstar talent. They sit around bragging about their rings then people want to feel sorry because they didn't get the far and away favorite to win team again?

Fuck them, feed them beans.

mavs>spurs
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
gasol is basically useless on the lakers kobe won't pass him the ball

Giuseppe
02-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Babby was on the radio here this morning and he stated emphatically & at length Nash is going nowhere.

DMC
02-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Babby was on the radio here this morning and he stated emphatically & at length Nash is going nowhere.
Which has been the case for many many years.

Goran Dragic
02-17-2012, 01:06 AM
It hasn't stopped people from constantly speculation or saying :cryNash deserves a contender:cry

Nash's career is gonna end with him playing in Phoenix at an 8 figure salary. He chose money over winning, and I can't say I fault him for it, but what I do know is that he doesn't deserve shit.

Giuseppe
02-17-2012, 01:08 AM

Well, Babs went way over the top this morning. You'd a thought Nash walked on water.

jjktkk
02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11209

Killakobe81
02-17-2012, 10:38 AM
trade would actually probably make hte lakers better..pau gasol is better than scola/nash at this point but him just standing in the paint not getting the ball renders him useless. kobe be ball hoggin and fuckin up the triangle tbh

Triangle? ...you watch A LOT of basketball don't you ? :lmao

VBM
02-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Triangle ...you watch A LOT of basketball don't you ? :lmao

:lol

Sportcamper
02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
trade would actually probably make lakers better..pau gasol is better than scola/nash at this point but him just standing in the paint not getting the ball renders him useless. kobe be ball hoggin and fn up the triangle tbh

Psssst Phil is not the coach of the Lakers anymore...This guy named Mike Brown is...:lmao

Mike Brown: "We don’t run the triangle offense but we do have bits and pieces that are incorporated into it…"

Sportcamper
02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Now the triangle defense, that is different…The Lakers are still running that…

Leetonidas
02-17-2012, 11:40 AM

Don't feel sorry for them. I felt sorry for Mavfan (lol shoogarbear) after they unloaded the DUST chip for Tyson fucking Chandler but it ended up getting them a title :bang

endrity
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Did they discuss trading the guy that's got fucked up knees and yet will make $30million next year, i.e half of cap space???

stretch
02-17-2012, 02:29 PM
If the Lakers had Nash, for this year at least, they would definitely be much scarier than they currently are.

Giuseppe
02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
^Based on what empiricals? He's never done a damn thing. He's just looked good doing it.

Giuseppe
02-17-2012, 02:36 PM

Giuseppe
02-17-2012, 02:47 PM
& whoever ends up with Gasol is going to be sadly mistaken. You can see it comin' a mile away.

mavs>spurs
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Kobe fucked up the triangle last year, this year he's fucking up mike browns offense I guess you could say. It's easy to associate triangle with LA after all these years and have a slip of the tongue. Kobe not getting the ball to bynum/gasol is what got you bitches curbstomped last year.

manufan10
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
My sources say your sources are stupid.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2012, 04:39 PM

He said very recently, a 3 team deal was being discussed between HOU / PHO / LAL.

He said the framework went like this:

HOU in:
Pau Gasol
Devin Ebanks

HOU out:
Luis Scola
Kevin Martin
Chase Buddinger

PHO in:
Kevin Martin
Chase Buddinger

PHO out:
Steve Nash

LAL in:
Luis Scola
Steve Nash

LAL out:
Pau Gasol
Devin Ebanks

He also said both of the Lakers first round picks were going to each of the opposing teams.

Don't know how far this progressed but that would have brought the Lakers back in contention...

i think we may have the same source.

m>s
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
just a straw for the drowning lakers tbh

Wild Cobra Kai
02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Scola's game has fallen off the cliff, tbh...