PDA

View Full Version : Chris Anderson On The Trading Block

Duncan2177
02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com this week that Nuggets center Chris Andersen is also available, with Denver having just signed Kosta Koufos to an unexpected three-year contract extension worth $9 million to lock him into a frontcourt rotation headlined by Nene and Timofey Mozgov. ESPN.com

thispego
02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Kiddin me? You think the spurs are that desperate?

Kewni Leonard
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Damn, his name is really Timofey?

I would only go after Anderson if he was a free agent and for the minimum. I would like the idea of him on the team in that scenario. Every championship team can use a player like that.

Leetonidas
02-17-2012, 08:45 PM
He only makes 4 million a season iirc and if we amnesty RJ and resign TD for a cheaper contract, we would still be in good position to add a decent FA this summer. Anderson provides energy, rebounding, and shot blocking, something we could use. I think we have enough offense in the post, just need some defense. But then again he's all tatted up so many won't think he's :cry classy :cry or :cry Spurs material :cry

ohmwrecker
02-17-2012, 08:53 PM
He's a total fuckhead.

DesignatedT
02-17-2012, 09:02 PM
The Spurs aren't going to do anything to jeopardize our cap situation next summer. Certainly not for the fuckin birdman

Kewni Leonard
02-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Certainly not for the fuckin birdman

thispego
02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
He's sucked this year and last. He's done. Who cares how many tats he has?

SpursRock20
02-17-2012, 10:37 PM
He's sucked this year and last. He's done. Who cares how many tats he has?

Pop would care.

SenorSpur
02-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Please!

monkeypunk
02-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Pop would care.
Cherokee Parks says Hi...

:lol

DMC
02-17-2012, 10:44 PM
He doesn't have the hops he used to since he weighed himself down with all that fucking ink.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-17-2012, 11:32 PM
He doesn't have the hops he used to since he stopped juicing.

fify

ThaBigFundamental21
02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
When you pursue a player, the idea is to try and improve your team. Not spend money and get nothing in return for someone who will ride the bench. Stop starting these stupid topics pertaining to washed up no talent basketball players. The Spur aren't signing them, and they don't need them. They need quality players who can contribute something.

TJastal
02-17-2012, 11:50 PM
Ahh... the legendary spurstalk fickleness is on full display here. :sleep

Anderson is still close to his prime and would be an excellent experienced nba ready pickup for 4m/yr. He would give the spurs some flexibility to either come off the bench and allow Tiago to start or start himself. He would give either unit a boost and is certainly head and shoulders better defensively than the lard bucket named Blair.

I guess the fickle 500 club expects Duncan to be fine doing all the heavy lifting defensively and believe he'll make it through the entire playoffs carrying Blair on his back. Y'all have more faith than me apparently.

spectator
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
just overpay for taj gibson - legit 6'9" who can guard athletic PFs and does a great job on players like lebron if switched. i would give blair+neal+1st round pick

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
The Spurs aren't going to do anything to jeopardize our cap situation next summer. Certainly not for the fuckin birdman

You are all so smart, especially you DesignatedfarT

How did you know both Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum were both coming over for the mid level exceptions.. And OJ Mayo and Gerald Wallace for the vet minimums? I wish I knew as much as you..

Well this is awsome. Can't wait. Since we can pencil in a title for the next 3 after this one guess this season don't matter. Hell yas.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:08 AM
just overpay for taj gibson - legit 6'9" who can guard athletic PFs and does a great job on players like lebron if switched. i would give blair+neal+1st round pick

lol overpay :lmao

Chi already has a 3pt gunner (Korver). No way would they give up a young player like Gibson with loads of potential yet for lardbucket like Blair who has maybe 1 shitty season left after this one and a carbon copy of a guy they already have a better version of.

They might give us Gibson & Asik for Splitter however. Not that I would do that deal, but it would be tempting.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:17 AM
When you pursue a player, the idea is to try and improve your team. Not spend money and get nothing in return for someone who will ride the bench. Stop starting these stupid topics pertaining to washed up no talent basketball players. The Spur aren't signing them, and they don't need them. They need quality players who can contribute something.

That's right fucktards. Listen to the big booty lovin' Fundamental here.

We need more quality players like the lardbucket Dejuan Blair. And the closet tranny Richard Jefferson. And let's not forget Pop's favorite playoff crunch time ginger, the one and only Matt Bonner.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Ahh... the legendary spurstalk fickleness is on full display here. :sleep

Anderson is still close to his prime and would be an excellent experienced nba ready pickup for 4m/yr. He would give the spurs some flexibility to either come off the bench and allow Tiago to start or start himself. He would give either unit a boost and is certainly head and shoulders better defensively than the lard bucket named Blair.

I guess the fickle 500 club expects Duncan to be fine doing all the heavy lifting defensively and believe he'll make it through the entire playoffs carrying Blair on his back. Y'all have more faith than me apparently.

:lol:lol:lol He's pushing 34, and his hops deserted him about two years ago. He's nowhere NEAR being close to his prime. Since he has no fundamentals to fall back on, he's basically a 4M dollar a year nothing. At least Blair is cheap.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:50 AM
:lol:lol:lol He's pushing 34, and his hops deserted him about two years ago. He's nowhere NEAR being close to his prime. Since he has no fundamentals to fall back on, he's basically a 4M dollar a year nothing. At least Blair is cheap.

Sorry bro I just go by what I'm told.

The fickle 500 club told me last year that Dirk was still in his prime and he and Anderson were both born in the same year (1978).

Well technically speaking Anderson is 1 month older than Dirk. That must be the cut off the fickle 500 club uses to determine whether a player is in his "prime". That's so cool how they break that all down.

They don't believe in a player's mileage either. Dirk has roughly 31,000 more career nba minutes played (than the Birdman). Again, I found that kind of odd they didn't take that into consideration in their defenitions. But I've learned over years the fickle 500 club is all knowing and wise. So I don't question it.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Sorry bro I just go by what I'm told.

The fickle 500 club told me last year that Dirk was still in his prime and he and Anderson were both born in the same year (1978).

Well technically speaking Anderson is 1 month older than Dirk. That must be the cut off the fickle 500 club uses to determine whether a player is in his "prime". That's so cool how they break that all down.

They don't believe in a player's mileage either. Dirk has roughly 31,000 more career nba minutes played (than the Birdman). Again, I found that kind of odd they didn't take that into consideration in their defenitions. But I've learned over years the fickle 500 club is all knowing and wise. So I don't question it.

Dirk has game. Birdman HAD hops. Game ages better than hops.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Dirk has game. Birdman HAD hops. Game ages better than hops.

The Birdman still has hops bro.

aE9dKN6lAKg

^ last season mix

The Birdman has more blocked shots and dunks in that short clip than Blair has logged in the past two years.

"Wild Cobra Kai" .. uh huh....

More like "High Cobra Krackhead"

Obstructed_View
02-18-2012, 01:13 AM
TJ, you need to switch to decaf. Is it really necessary to call everyone names just because they don't happen to agree with you?

Danny.Zhu
02-18-2012, 01:26 AM
Better than Blair at this moment.

But I would still give Blair one season to prove he can improve his skills and bb IQ.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 01:32 AM
TJ, you need to switch to decaf. Is it really necessary to call everyone names just because they don't happen to agree with you?

When people post such blatantly false things that can be instantly disproven by taking 30 seconds to look up a youtube clip they deserve to get it with both barrels. IMO.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Better than Blair at this moment.

But I would still give Blair one season to prove he can improve his skills and bb IQ.

Blair's "skills" are fading faster than the cartiladge in his knees. So in essence we're banking the entire season (the last one we may ever see the big 3 all healthy again) on Dejuan Blair's "bball IQ" improving.

Wonderful, where do I sign up?

/sarcasm

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Come on! A full page and no one has yet suggested RJ for Birdman?

Muser
02-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I'd take him over Blair in a heartbeat.

montgod
02-18-2012, 07:25 AM
I thought he was suspended for cocaine... not juicing. I mean... hate to say it but he does look a lil like a crackhead.

Waps1980
02-18-2012, 07:28 AM
It wouldn't matter how good he was Pop ain't taking him based on his stupid neck tat alone.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
When people post such blatantly false things that can be instantly disproven by taking 30 seconds to look up a youtube clip they deserve to get it with both barrels. IMO.

Like saying Chris Anderson is in his prime at 34?

TJastal
02-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Like saying Chris Anderson is in his prime at 34?

RIF, OV.

I said he was "close", as in "a few years removed", same as Dirk. Hey, like I told the articially high cobra kai I'm just applying the defenition as provided to me by the F-500C last year when I tried to explain why Dirk was no longer in his prime. And I figure with the equivalent of 31 thousand less minutes in his nba career it seemed prudent of me to meet somewhere in the middle on the defenition for Anderson. You see, I'm practical that way.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Chris Anderson isn't good enough to eat Spurs capspace.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Chris Anderson isn't good enough to eat Spurs capspace.

Beggars can't be choosers, Bruno.

Would be a shame to chuck another solid chance at adding Timmy's 5th because of "cap concerns".

What's the saying? One in the hand is better than two in the bush? Unless you really believe Dwight, Gerald and the boys are all gonna beat the door down next season to sign up so they can watch Matty shoot 3's from the bench and piss his shorts in the playoffs again.

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Jonathan Givony Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress

Erazem Lorbek starting to heat up now. Spurs are out here in full force and are hot on his trail supposedly trying to get him for 2012-13.

Looks like the Spurs have an idea of what they want to do with their cap space. To bad it doesn't help this year.

tuncaboylu
02-18-2012, 01:33 PM
He's a perfect fit for us, no matter what the people says.

If they would accept Mcdyess expiring and James Anderson's expiring, it would be a perfect addition.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Andersen < Lorbek

If he busts the cap for next year, ain't happening.

Bruno
02-18-2012, 01:39 PM
If they would accept Mcdyess expiring and James Anderson's expiring, it would be a perfect addition.

You can't trade the contract of a waived player.

The most logical Anderson to Spurs contract would be Blair+JA+Joseph for him.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Andersen < Lorbek

If he busts the cap for next year, ain't happening.

How would a player on a 4m/yr contract bust the cap? Maybe I'm just a cap dimwit but if RJ is amnestied out of the picture and James Anderson let go that's 11-12m right there saved. Then you figure Tim Duncan either retires or signs on a cheaper contract that would be another 10-20m in cap savings. Spurs should have plenty of room to work with.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2012, 02:24 PM
i take the methhead over the midget big

ChumpDumper
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
How would a player on a 4m/yr contract bust the cap? Maybe I'm just a cap dimwit but if RJ is amnestied out of the picture and James Anderson let go that's 11-12m right there saved. Then you figure Tim Duncan either retires or signs on a cheaper contract that would be another 10-20m in cap savings. Spurs should have plenty of room to work with.Maybe?

jjktkk
02-18-2012, 04:11 PM
How would a player on a 4m/yr contract bust the cap? Maybe I'm just a dimwit but if RJ is amnestied out of the picture and James Anderson let go that's 11-12m right there saved. Then you figure Tim Duncan either retires or signs on a cheaper contract that would be another 10-20m in cap savings. Spurs should have plenty of room to work with.

fify

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
How would a player on a 4m/yr contract bust the cap? Maybe I'm just a cap dimwit but if RJ is amnestied out of the picture and James Anderson let go that's 11-12m right there saved. Then you figure Tim Duncan either retires or signs on a cheaper contract that would be another 10-20m in cap savings. Spurs should have plenty of room to work with.

Cap fail. Getting below WHERE WE ARE NOW nets us shit. We have to get below the cap, about 57M. That's like 18M below where we are now. Then you need space below THAT figure. It's remotely possible, but NOT ALL ALL if we have Birdman's guano 4M contract on the books. It would stop us from maybe dropping a full offer on Serge Ibaka. Since OKC has already paid Durant and Westbrook, they're only going to pay one more player, and my guess is it will be Harden, the more skilled player.

Proxy
02-18-2012, 04:46 PM
There are nearly no options left for SA. All you guys hate Blair, and ridicule the pool of available players.

Birdman seems like a decent risk... I'm sure he would be a momentum changer in a few games based on his hustle and toughness alone.

As long as his contract doesn't fuck up the potential for moves this summer.

MaNu4Tres
02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Gross.

tuncaboylu
02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Cap fail. Getting below WHERE WE ARE NOW nets us shit. We have to get below the cap, about 57M. That's like 18M below where we are now. Then you need space below THAT figure. It's remotely possible, but NOT ALL ALL if we have Birdman's guano 4M contract on the books. It would stop us from maybe dropping a full offer on Serge Ibaka. Since OKC has already paid Durant and Westbrook, they're only going to pay one more player, and my guess is it will be Harden, the more skilled player.

Offering full offer to Serge Ibaka is not better than paying 4M to Birdman in my opinion.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Offering full offer to Serge Ibaka is not better than paying 4M to Birdman in my opinion.

Ibaka >>>>>>>>> Bird-doo

He's one of the premier WS shotblockers in the league, rebounds strongly, and has a nice jumper out to 18 feet.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
There are nearly no options left for SA. All you guys hate Blair, and ridicule the pool of available players.

Birdman seems like a decent risk... I'm sure he would be a momentum changer in a few games based on his hustle and toughness alone.

As long as his contract doesn't fuck up the potential for moves this summer.

It would.

tuncaboylu
02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Ibaka >>>>>>>>> Bird-doo

He's one of the premier WS shotblockers in the league, rebounds strongly, and has a nice jumper out to 18 feet.

Full offer >>>>>>>>> 4M

TJastal
02-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Ibaka >>>>>>>>> Bird-doo

I see the high cobra krackhead is at it again. :lol

Only a krackhead would think Serge Ibaka is worth a "full offer".

Guys who get those are guys who are cornerstones of their respective teams. Lemarcus Aldridge would be an example of a "full offer" kind of guy. Ibaka will make (if he's lucky) Lamar Odom kind of money someday. If he's lucky.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 09:08 AM

It's not? Maybe you just need to try some of the cobra's fine happy dust.

Consider. This year.

Ibaka in 27 minutes averages 8 pts 7 reb 3 blk
Birdman in 27 minutes averages 10 pts 9 reb 3 blk

I don't know about you but when I look at those numbers they just don't tell the whole story. The happy dust speaks to me, knowhutimsayin'?

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 10:19 AM
It's not? Maybe you just need to try some of the cobra's fine happy dust.

Consider. This year.

Ibaka in 27 minutes averages 8 pts 7 reb 3 blk
Birdman in 27 minutes averages 10 pts 9 reb 3 blk

I don't know about you but when I look at those numbers they just don't tell the whole story. The happy dust speaks to me, knowhutimsayin'?

Except Bird-doo isn't good enough to play 27 minutes. He only plays 15 minutes and has only played 23 games and lost this job to a guy named Timofey. :lol

Ibaka NBA EFF rating 14.2 | 22 years old
Bird-doo NBA EFF rating 8.8 | 33 years old

You have to overpay for bigs in this league. It's a fact of life. Another fact of life is that Dwight Howard isn't coming here. We'll have to steal a younger big who still has the potential to explode into an All Star. Lamar Odom money isn't going to get it done, no matter how many times you say that's what he's worth. The market will decide what he's worth, and I guarantee you that some team is going to throw a boatload of cash at that hard working young man.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Except Bird-doo isn't good enough to play 27 minutes. He only plays 15 minutes and has only played 23 games and lost this job to a guy named Timofey. :lol

Ibaka NBA EFF rating 14.2 | 22 years old
Bird-doo NBA EFF rating 8.8 | 33 years old

You have to overpay for bigs in this league. It's a fact of life. Another fact of life is that Dwight Howard isn't coming here. We'll have to steal a younger big who still has the potential to explode into an All Star. Lamar Odom money isn't going to get it done, no matter how many times you say that's what he's worth. The market will decide what he's worth, and I guarantee you that some team is going to throw a boatload of cash at that hard working young man.

Alright Cobra, different points of view, agree to disagree, and let's bury the hatchet.

Essentially: You'll pay max salary for Shitbaka next year (and forfeit this year in the process) while I'd rather pay less than a 1/4 of that for Bird-do and get more points and rebound per 27 with an improved chance at a title this year. Different strokes for different folks.

duhoh
02-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Alright Cobra, different points of view, agree to disagree, and let's bury the hatchet.

Essentially: You'll pay max salary for Shitbaka next year (and forfeit this year in the process) while I'd rather pay less than a 1/4 of that for Bird-do and get more points and rebound per 27 with an improved chance at a title this year. Different strokes for different folks.

nope.

getting birdman would be a panic move. dude is 34. so far you've been saying that you'd rather have a TOSB of a player over a 22 year old with plenty of upside? i'd much rather see the FO take chances at someone better next year than to screw over next year.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 11:12 AM
nope.

getting birdman would be a panic move. dude is 34. so far you've been saying that you'd rather have a TOSB of a player over a 22 year old with plenty of upside? i'd much rather see the FO take chances at someone better next year than to screw over next year.

That "TOSB" as you claim, is averaging more points and rebounds in the same number of minutes as Shitbaka.

There is no way on earth I would pay a guy like Shitbaka who averages less than 10 points a game to a max salary. I guarantee you no sane front office is going to either.

You guys are pure comedy gold though, thanks for the entertainment. :toast :rollin

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Bird-doo is a rapidly declining stock. Whether it is I-block-a or someone else, trading for Bird-doo and his 3y/12M contract closes the FA door for the next couple of years. This is a compressed, injury riddled year, so yeah, I'll write it off if necessary, since Bird-doo doesn't solve our current problems and causes future ones.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 11:25 AM
That "TOSB" as you claim, is averaging more points and rebounds in the same number of minutes as Shitbaka.

There is no way on earth I would pay a guy like Shitbaka who averages less than 10 points a game to a max salary. I guarantee you no sane front office is going to either.

You guys are pure comedy gold though, thanks for the entertainment. :toast :rollin

Except he doesn't play those minutes. Why not?

duhoh
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM

some people just open their mouths and it's :lmao

reading comprehension buddy. get sumodat.

if birdman was signed for the league minimum, i wouldn't mind. however, getting him now would pretty much guarantee nothing for the future.

there, i spelled it out for you.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Bird-doo is a rapidly declining stock. Whether it is I-block-a or someone else, trading for Bird-doo and his 3y/12M contract closes the FA door for the next couple of years. This is a compressed, injury riddled year, so yeah, I'll write it off if necessary, since Bird-doo doesn't solve our current problems and causes future ones.

Again, we will agree to disagree. I think Bird-do helps the team this year, especially in the specfic areas of need (defense, rebounding, rim protection) and has a few good years left in him. You apparently can't or won't recognize the fact that he's putting numbers better than your "full salary" guy.

And on the subject of shortened seasons, it's actually a feather in teh cap to be able to win a condensed screwed up season like this. It shows character and toughness. And in the end it still counts same as all the others, not matter what Phil Jackson or your half-baked ass claims.

And I guarantee you will be the only one offering Shitbaka a max contract next season. Have fun outbidding yourself. I'll be laughing my ass off when he signs for the mid level exception in OKC.

jermaine
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
I'd take Birdman any day. Anyone that has seen our bigs an says no to him is a fuckin fool. He is a clear upgrade on the defensive an rebound side than anything we got beside Leonard.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 11:57 AM
The problem with Bird-doo is that to get him, we'd either have to gut the bench or trade Bonner, which would be big out, big in, no net increase of bigs. We need and additional big, and it's almost impossible to trade for Bird-doo to be that big.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 12:00 PM
some people just open their mouths and it's :lmao

reading comprehension buddy. get sumodat.

if birdman was signed for the league minimum, i wouldn't mind. however, getting him now would pretty much guarantee nothing for the future.

there, i spelled it out for you.

Well, while your head is all the way up your ass waiting for "the future" I'll be happily watching the spurs celebrating this year's :lobt: on the riverwalk.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Well, while your head is all the way up your ass waiting for "the future" I'll be happily watching the spurs celebrating this year's :lobt: on the riverwalk.So Andersen = championship?

jermaine
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
So Andersen = championship?

Idk, but i do know he better our chances.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Idk, but i do know he better our chances.I suppose that would depend on who would be traded for him.

As for Ibaka, I can see his getting Camby-like money from someone. Tyson Chandler got a nice payday as well.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I suppose that would depend on who would be traded for him.

As for Ibaka, I can see his getting Camby-like money from someone. Tyson Chandler got a nice payday as well.

Here's one that works:

Blair, J Anderson, Joseph for C Andersen.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Here's one that works:

Blair, J Anderson, Joseph for C Andersen.Thanks, Bruno. I don't know if they are that desperate to dump his salary yet.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Bruno. I don't know if they are that desperate to dump his salary yet.

I think they would defenitely consider it. They get a backup big for a backup big plus two young prospects.

And let's be honest about James Anderson... with Ford returning and Green playing steady it's looking more and more likely he is not going to sniff regular minutes and day soon.

Btw, what's up with calling me Bruno Chump?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM

I think they would defenitely consider it. They get a backup big for a backup big plus two young prospects.

And let's be honest about James Anderson... with Ford returning and Green playing steady it's looking more and more likely he is not going to sniff regular minutes and day soon.That trade would be a pure salary dump. Why do you think he's on the block in the first place?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Btw, what's up with calling me Bruno Chump?He came up with the deal.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 12:56 PM
That trade would be a pure salary dump. Why do you think he's on the block in the first place?

But I'm sure they wouldn't mind replacing Anderson with another backup and they really do need depth at either wing position, hence Anderson could get some PT over there.

Unless you think they are satisfied with Corey Brewer and his eye gauging mohawk run up and down the court.

Kewni Leonard
02-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Wait a minute, you'd trade Blair for Chris Anderson? lol

TJastal
02-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Wait a minute, you'd trade Blair for Chris Anderson? lol

Well, the thought crossed my mind, yes.

Kewni Leonard
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, the thought crossed my mind, yes.

Anderson's overpaid and old. For the minimum I could see, if somehow he got on the FA list. Blair is in his early 20's and is a pretty talented player. Yes, he is fat and isn't the best defender, but he is still pretty talented.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Anderson's overpaid and old. For the minimum I could see, if somehow he got on the FA list. Blair is in his early 20's and is a pretty talented player. Yes, he is fat and isn't the best defender, but he is still pretty talented.

Talented at what?

Kewni Leonard
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Talented at what?

Rebounding. He's also got good hands on both offense and defense. He actually isn't a bad post defender, at all. His problem is pick and roll defense and poor rotations.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Rebounding. He's also got good hands on both offense and defense. He actually isn't a bad post defender, at all. His problem is pick and roll defense and poor rotations.

Blair's defensive rebounding is pretty much garbage nowadays. The few offensive rebounds that might drop into his hands per game doesn't make up for it. And when you factor in all the favorable fast break opportunities opponents get on account of Blair chugging along behind the rest of the pack those few offensive rebounds really come with a price tag.

I guess that's why Blair does his best work in the first 5 minutes of the game. And that's about all he's good for. Which ain't gonna cut it in the playoffs.

Manufan909
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Rebounding. He's also got good hands on both offense and defense. He actually isn't a bad post defender, at all. His problem is pick and roll defense and poor rotations and rim protection and knowing when to pass instead of shoot on offense and leaving jump shooters like Scola way open.

fify

tuncaboylu
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Sending Blair for Andersen is not logcail. We're trying to bring a new big man here and it's totally meaningless to send a big for it.

chazley
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Anderson is not a logical trade target unless its part of a larger trade,or we involve another team. We just don't have the right pieces. Not even worth talking about imo.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Anderson is not a logical trade target unless its part of a larger trade,or we involve another team. We just don't have the right pieces. Not even worth talking about imo.

dude I just gave you the "right pieces" to make a trade work for Andersen.

chazley
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
dude I just gave you the "right pieces" to make a trade work for Andersen.

Trading one of our 3 bigs for another with a relatively substantially larger contract? Plus, we have to throw in Cory/JA? No thanks.

Blair at least gives us decent inside scoring, and he matches decently with Duncan.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Sending Blair for Andersen is not logcail. We're trying to bring a new big man here and it's totally meaningless to send a big for it.

I kind of thought the whole idea was to rid ourselves of the turd tower problem and replace Blair since both him and Bonner can't play together since their both :baby who needs babysitting by a big who can actually play defense.

TJastal
02-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Trading one of our 3 bigs for another with a relatively substantially larger contract? Plus, we have to throw in Cory/JA? No thanks.

Blair at least gives us decent inside scoring, and he matches decently with Duncan.

Blair's "inside scoring" is a joke against anybody 6'10" and up... counting on this in the playoffs is fools gold. And the realistic chance that Cory/JA will see any significant PT in the next year is remote unless there is another rash of injuries.

I agree Andersen is pricey for a role player, but I think once he learned the spurs defensive system he'd be a hell of an asset on defense.

chazley
02-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Blair's "inside scoring" is a joke against anybody 6'10" and up... counting on this in the playoffs is fools gold. And the realistic chance that Cory/JA will see any significant PT in the next year is remote unless there is another rash of injuries.

I agree Andersen is pricey for a role player, but I think once he learned the spurs defensive system he'd be a hell of an asset on defense.

It's all relative.. it's not like Chris Anderson>Blair for inside scoring. In fact, it's DB>CA imo. Without DB, our low post scoring will become almost non-existant, and we just can't have that. We need to pick up a big that can score at least a little bit on the low block. We need a defensive big, but not right now while Tiago is out.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes Birdman is limited and declining, but why are people acting like he's overpaid or has a big contract? He makes 4M, that's nothing. Whether he's a good fit or not is one thing, it's a relatively small contract especially for a big.

chazley
02-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes Birdman is limited and declining, but why are people acting like he's overpaid or has a big contract? He makes 4M, that's nothing. Whether he's a good fit or not is one thing, it's a relatively small contract especially for a big.

Because the pieces we want to give up to get him all have small rookie contracts, and no deal works unless we put in Blair.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Because the pieces we want to give up to get him all have small rookie contracts, and no deal works unless we put in Blair.

I get that, but that doesn't change his contract.

chazley
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I get that, but that doesn't change his contract.

True, but his relative large contract size prohibits us from getting him for a price that would be suitable for our team.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:08 PM
He doesn't have a relatively large contract size.

chazley
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM

In the context of the contracts/pieces we have that make any sense in a trade for him, his contract is too large. That's all I'm saying. Dunno how you can argue that.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing people saying he is over paid or has a "relatively large contract".

chazley
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing people saying he is over paid or has a "relatively large contract".

Well, come up with a viable trade where the issue isn't his contract is too large without involving more Nuggets/Spurs pieces.

Hence why I said he has a relatively large contract.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, come up with a viable trade where the issue isn't his contract is too large without involving more Nuggets/Spurs pieces.

Hence why I said he has a relatively large contract.

Spurs pieces have no bearing on the fact he makes 4M. That is all.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 08:40 PM

It's an awkward size for a trade. Our bench is great but economy. It would have to be gutted to match that 4M. In that sense, it is too big.

Jefferson's contract is too big to match. Our one similar contract is Bonner, another big. Doesn't improve our big undercount.

chazley
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Lol since you don't understand the difference between a 'relatively large contract' and 'he has a large contract', i'll let this die so we can stop trolling this thread with useless back and forth.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I get that.

TJastal
02-20-2012, 02:08 AM
It's an awkward size for a trade. Our bench is great but economy. It would have to be gutted to match that 4M. In that sense, it is too big.

Jefferson's contract is too big to match. Our one similar contract is Bonner, another big. Doesn't improve our big undercount.

So now this trade is too "awkward" for you? :rolleyes

C'mon gimme a break.

Blair would get fully replaced by Andersen. So no more starting a 6'5" midget and not being able to match up against bigger teams.

Losing JA & CJ is no big deal, they are hardly seeing PT as it is. The spurs can likely replace them both with other scrub backups by the end of the year if they feel its in their best interests. So much for your "awkwardness".

The big "undercount" is an entirely different issue and one that the spurs may yet have to deal with. But making this particular trade doesn't necessarily "need" to address that problem at all, and nobody but you and schnozzly are squawking that it has to. Pop also has the option of using either RJ or KL as a small ball PF as well so it would be nice if you could both quit screeching about it already.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Yes Birdman is limited and declining, but why are people acting like he's overpaid or has a big contract? He makes 4M, that's nothing. Whether he's a good fit or not is one thing, it's a relatively small contract especially for a big.It's a big contract in that it would probably cost the one chance at Lorbek.

And I don't understand why Denver would agree to Blair when people say he sucks so badly.

angelbelow
02-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Denver is pretty set on bigs. Especially with the emergence of Faried, Harrington being productive offensively and the combination of Koufos/Mozgov. I think they have a lot of depth everywhere else too and its only going to get better for them when Chandler comes back. Wouldn't be surprised if they were looking to take back expirings rather than another prospect like Blair.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2012, 03:54 AM
I see the high cobra krackhead is at it again. :lol

Only a krackhead would think Serge Ibaka is worth a "full offer".

Guys who get those are guys who are cornerstones of their respective teams. Lemarcus Aldridge would be an example of a "full offer" kind of guy. Ibaka will make (if he's lucky) Lamar Odom kind of money someday. If he's lucky.He got lucky Sunday.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Denver is pretty set on bigs. Especially with the emergence of Faried, Harrington being productive offensively and the combination of Koufos/Mozgov. I think they have a lot of depth everywhere else too and its only going to get better for them when Chandler comes back. Wouldn't be surprised if they were looking to take back expirings rather than another prospect like Blair.

Blair is an expiring, since I believe next year is either a team option, or possibly non-guaranteed. Anderson is definitely an expiring.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-20-2012, 08:26 AM
He got lucky Sunday.

I thought the extension deadline had passed?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I thought the extension deadline had passed?I was just talking about his triple double.

Kewni Leonard
02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
lol @ this DPG guy not knowing what "relatively" means.

DPG21920
02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I know what it means but when people are pairing it with "he's overpaid" it's the wrong use of the term and doesn't apply to Birdman having a small contract for a big man.

DPG21920
02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Also, even after re-signing Tim in the off-season (assuming that happens & at the rate most think) wouldnt the Spurs still have ~7-8M in cap space? If Lorbek commands a Tiago-like contract that will be about 3-3.5M, so Birds contract shouldn't stop that correct?

I'm not saying I want Bird although I wouldn't mind it, just trying to see where my math is off.

angelbelow
02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Also, even after re-signing Tim in the off-season (assuming that happens & at the rate most think) wouldnt the Spurs still have ~7-8M in cap space? If Lorbek commands a Tiago-like contract that will be about 3-3.5M, so Birds contract shouldn't stop that correct?

I'm not saying I want Bird although I wouldn't mind it, just trying to see where my math is off.

Right now if the team stays intact, we'll transition into the offseason with 51 million in the books. But in addition to signing Duncan (my guess is 2 years 20 million), we have to make decisions on our 1st round pick, TJ Ford, Danny Green and James Anderson. If we keep the pick, TJ Ford (or another veterans minimum pg) and one of Danny Green and/or James Anderson, I think we'll be right at the cap limit. I predict ~1mill for the pick, 1 mil for Ford, 3 million for Green ~1.5 for Anderson. That's potential 6.5 + Duncan's 10 which would bring us to 67.5 million. Luxury tax is 70 million so that wouldn't be enough for Lorbek (unless he really goes for a 2 year 5mill contract which I highly doubt.)

The good news is that we can amnesty RJ, Duncan has shown the willingness to be unselfish (hopefully he takes a 2 year 7 million) and let Anderson walk - depending on how he looks for the rest of the season.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Right now if the team stays intact, we'll transition into the offseason with 51 million in the books. But in addition to signing Duncan (my guess is 2 years 20 million), we have to make decisions on our 1st round pick, TJ Ford, Danny Green and James Anderson. If we keep the pick, TJ Ford (or another veterans minimum pg) and one of Danny Green and/or James Anderson, I think we'll be right at the cap limit. I predict ~1mill for the pick, 1 mil for Ford, 3 million for Green ~1.5 for Anderson. That's potential 6.5 + Duncan's 10 which would bring us to 67.5 million. Luxury tax is 70 million so that wouldn't be enough for Lorbek (unless he really goes for a 2 year 5mill contract which I highly doubt.)

The good news is that we can amnesty RJ, Duncan has shown the willingness to be unselfish (hopefully he takes a 2 year 7 million) and let Anderson walk - depending on how he looks for the rest of the season.

Not sure your carryover figure is correct. Hoopshype shows $47M carryover, and the INCLUDES RJ, who will come off the cap when amnestied.