Now he changes teams

loOvmDw58wk

DesignatedT
02-18-2012, 01:49 AM
that guy needs to die.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 02:04 AM
that guy needs to die.

Pop disrespected Splitter even worse than "Stephen A Smith". Should he die too?

Darkwaters
02-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Stephen A. Smith still has a job? I mean, I haven't really watched any ESPN since I left the United States, but I figured you guys would have wized up and axed him like years ago.

SA210
02-18-2012, 04:01 AM

:lmao Thanks for making me laugh

SA210
02-18-2012, 04:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lawKYban42w

That laugh was so damn fake. If stupid ass Pop pulls his head out his ass and uses Splitter properly (starter and finisher), he could really show the haters that he can really help this team.

Texas_Ranger
02-18-2012, 04:34 AM
s2RPV8PHs1Q&feature=related

lol at everyone this days sucking on OKC. I can't see them going to the finals, they got 2 players and one of them is stupid.

chazley
02-18-2012, 04:47 AM
That laugh was so damn fake. If stupid ass Pop pulls his head out his ass and uses Splitter properly (starter and finisher), he could really show the haters that he can really help this team.

Choose one of Splitter or Duncan to start/close games. Cause they suck ass playing together. It's not anyone's fault, its the seasons shortened schedule that allows very little practice.

SA210
02-18-2012, 04:51 AM
Choose one of Splitter or Duncan to start/close games. Cause they suck ass playing together. It's not anyone's fault, its the seasons shortened schedule that allows very little practice.

No, I'll stick to wanting them both starting and finishing. Might as well sacrifice now so it can pay off in the postseason.

SA210
02-18-2012, 05:02 AM

lol at everyone this days sucking on OKC. I can't see them going to the finals, they got 2 players and one of them is stupid.

I have a question.

What is WESTIN conference finals?

TJastal
02-18-2012, 05:11 AM

Well its true they haven't played together much. I'm guessing its gotta be close to single digits. But it's still no excuse. The way Pop has avoided pairing them together like its some sort of plague to do so it wouldn't shock me that they've logged ZERO practice time together on the floor dating back to LAST YEAR even. NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

Like I said in a previous post, when the buffoon's house of cards falls again in the playoffs and the spurs are in a deep hole, he will once again pick up where he left off last year in using the twin tower lineup. And when that ultimately fails again (due to lack of minutes of course) he'll cop an attitude like "See? I told you guys it wouldn't work!"

:rollin

Texas_Ranger
02-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I have a question.

What is WESTIN conference finals?

Mavs - Spurs (if they get another big)

if not the Spurs, I still give the Lakers better chance then the Thunder.

SA210
02-18-2012, 05:20 AM
And they have played how many minutes together so far? I'm guessing its gotta be close to single digits. That argument holds no water at all.

And given the way Pop has avoided pairing them together like its some sort of plague to do so it wouldn't shock me that they've logged ZERO practice time together on the floor dating back to LAST YEAR even. NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

Like I said in a previous post, when the buffoon's house of cards falls again in the playoffs and the spurs are in a deep hole, he will once again pick up where he left off last year in using the twin tower lineup. And when that ultimately fails again (due to lack of minutes of course) he'll cop an attitude like "See? I told you guys it wouldn't work!"

:rollin

This, and so will certain fans.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 05:32 AM
This, and so will certain fans.

Oh, certainly.

I predict chazley to be the first in line to offer his Popologies. But he'll have to be careful though. Duncan and Splitter will put up a helluva fight for sure before the spurs expire. I predict Pop will surely dink around and avoid the inevitable until the spurs are in such a deep rut (2 games down) that it'll be damn near impossible to climb out at that point. This will be precisely calculated so Pop won't look too dumb either way and still be able to give the shit eating grin and the ol' "The fellas gave a nice effort." speech.

endrity
02-18-2012, 07:00 AM
it's shameful that skip bayless and steven a smith have a show

shameful

I have a hard time seeing how they are successful. Even casual fans should know by now that these guys have no real knowledge of sports.

SpurNation
02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Their show is for the uninformed and the unknowing. Many shows on T.V. and Radio seem to be purposely generated in a format which delivers more of a sensationalist point of view than in depth truth. It's popular because there are THAT many people who don't care about facts and who are turmoil junkies needing their fix.

Pimp my Banner
02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Steven A. knows his basketball.

acoelho1
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
ESPN has become the idiot's paradise with loud mouths with no analysis. Who cares what Stephen A. thinks and his predictions are like shooting darts at a board. Remember all the predictions on the Spurs prior to this season and where are we in the standings even with our best player being out.

K-State Spur
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Whoever hosts that show is doing some hella motor boating - spending that much time between two giant boobs.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2012, 10:55 AM
As ignorant as Skip Bayless has always been, it's funny watching him completely own the shit out of the people on ESPN.

SpurNation
02-18-2012, 11:03 AM
As ignorant as Skip Bayless has always been, it's funny watching him completely own the shit out of the people on ESPN.

Hence the "gimmick" that gets people to watch.

Horse
02-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I wonder if stephen a feels like the fucking moron he is now after what he said about Tiago.

widowmaker
02-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Steven A. Smith and his predictions are as accurate as niggadamus.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Pop disrespected Splitter even worse than "Stephen A Smith". Should he die too?You disrespected Splitter even worse than either of these guys ever did. Should you die too?

wildbill2u
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
You disrespected Splitter even worse than either of these guys ever did. Should you die too?

Oh Shit! Here it comes. Four pages of smack from these two. I knew I never should have opened any thread that had Steven A. Smith in the title.

Best thing for all of us to do is leave this thread. Don't say I didn't warn ya.:nope

ChumpDumper
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Nah, I'm going to be gone most of the day. TJ knows what he posted about Splitter. His best move is to try to change the subject.

Leetonidas
02-18-2012, 12:50 PM

I really hope now the Spurs get there just to see Skip shove it in this assholes' face. Fuck Stephen A. Smith. Honestly sometimes I think his schtick is funny but to sit there and say you have deep respect for the Spurs and then to not know what the fuck you're talking about at all, make retarded faces and roll your eyes while Skip's talking, and literally laugh at the thought of the Spurs doing anything is idiocy tbh. I hope Splitter makes him eat shit this postseason.

I assume that this was made before the season since Billups is out for the year probably so his idea that LAC is getting the WCF is already bullshit

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 12:57 PM
It's funny how Spurs fans actually think he'll eat any crow even if the Spurs win a title and Tiago wins MVP :lol

dbreiden83080
02-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Why does espn keep letting that guy in the backdoor? They fired him like 6 times already..

Cane
02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Splitter's great, but it'd be hard to pass up an opportunity to laugh like a maniac towards Skip Bayless.

And its common knowledge by now, but Splitter didn't really have the opportunity to establish himself as a quality player in the league for his rookie season...but times they're changing

xellos88330
02-18-2012, 01:05 PM
God Bless Skip. LOL!!! He is one of the few guys that doesn't write off the Spurs because the big 3 are getting older.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 01:06 PM
You disrespected Splitter even worse than either of these guys ever did. Should you die too?

Maybe. I should be at the very least called out, and rightfully so. Which I have been numerous times by the spurs faithful.

Last time I checked however I wasn't getting interviewed by ESPN when I made those deragatory comments about Tiago. Apples to oranges, tbh.

And I certainly gaurantee you Pop won't admit any wrongdoing. In his mind he probably didn't diss on Tiago at all.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2012, 01:11 PM
is SAS use to be a baller?

i take splitters one game over this guys whole career

Leetonidas
02-18-2012, 01:15 PM
It's funny how Spurs fans actually think he'll eat any crow even if the Spurs win a title and Tiago wins MVP :lol

Doesn't really matter if he does or not, he will still know he looked like a fucktard loling at them on ESPN

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Not really ^. If anything, Skip has looked like the idiot for hyping the Spurs the past couple of years, yet he doesn't seem to care. I hope you realize neither of them eat crow and will continue to say the same stuff.

ChumpDumper
02-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe. I should be at the very least called out, and rightfully so. Which I have been numerous times by the spurs faithful.

Last time I checked however I wasn't getting interviewed by ESPN when I made those deragatory comments about Tiago. Apples to oranges, tbh.

And I certainly gaurantee you Pop won't admit any wrongdoing. In his mind he probably didn't diss on Tiago at all.Tiago probably doesn't think he was dissed at all either.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Stephen A is fuckin terrible.

jag
02-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Hard to believe Spurs fans haven't figured out that Skip Bayless picking the Spurs to win every year is part of his shtick. He's just as bad as Stephen A. The only difference is that Skip doesn't have the black-man-against-the-world syndrome.

DPG21920
02-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Exactly. In reality a team who was bounced by an eighth seed, swept the year prior and not adding anything of note should be laughed at when they are picked preseason to go to te WCF.

jag
02-18-2012, 02:49 PM
If a borderline retarded loudmouth picks against the Spurs then he's an ignorant, borderline retarded loudmouth. :cry If a borderline retarded loudmouth picks the Spurs, then he knows his stuff :cry

Spursfan092120
02-18-2012, 02:54 PM
"The name says it all." The fuck does that mean?

pgardn
02-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Stephen A. Smith BEFORE the first Mike Tyson/Evander Holyfield fight:

No self respecting black male would ever root for Holyfield in this fight. Tyson is the image of our plight.

The plight of biting to get out of a fight you have given up on...

Excellent Stephen.
Bayless may actually present an even more clueless image.
Two clowns.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Quite frankly the bottom line is, at the end of the day, SAS is a piece of crap.

jag
02-18-2012, 04:26 PM
"The name says it all." The fuck does that mean?

That's how he evaluates talent. Stephen wouldnt have laughed if Tiago's name were DaTiago Jones.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Another video between Smith and Bayless going back on their picks and looking at the standings as of today:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7598337

Don't let SAS piss you off too much. :lol

GSH
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Smith is a carnival barker. P.T. Barnum. He doesn't mind being the guy you love to hate, as long as you tune in. Sorry, but it's been a long time since I could do anything but laugh, no matter what he says.

For those who are still mad, the good news is that nothing any commentator says will have any effect on how far the Spurs go in the playoffs.

Beaverfuzz
02-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Steven A. knows his basketball.

The proper weight and size maybe.

JR3
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
loosing to an 8th seed last year will allow us to stay under the radar no matter what we achieve in the regular season this year. That said. Stephen A Smith is worthless. No one really takes him seriously. No one take Skip seriously either. Together, they are a wash. Somewhat fun but annoying to watch at the same time.

007nites
03-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Bump. This will not be forgotten.

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Stephen A. Smith still has a job? I mean, I haven't really watched any ESPN since I left the United States, but I figured you guys would have wized up and axed him like years ago.
ESPN has recently brought him back. He was on Fox News...no joke Fox News for a while

Keepin' it real
03-13-2012, 08:27 AM
So let me get this straight: It's shameful that Steven A. Smith -- a successful sports journalist on the national stage -- has a show/job because he possesses no knowledge of sports ... so he "should die." But, all of you "expert" wanna-be sports journalists ... never mind.

You guys must have some really small dicks.

that guy needs to die.

it's shameful that skip bayless and steven a smith have a show shameful

I have a hard time seeing how they are successful. Even casual fans should know by now that these guys have no real knowledge of sports.

Why does espn keep letting that guy in the backdoor? They fired him like 6 times already..

8FOR!3
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe I should make a video of what I think of Steven A. Smith.

TwelveGs210
03-13-2012, 12:01 PM
What the Fuck does this idiot know? His hairline is almost as bad as Kobe's

hater
03-13-2012, 12:02 PM
So let me get this straight: It's shameful that Steven A. Smith -- a successful sports journalist on the national stage -- has a show/job because he possesses no knowledge of sports ... so he "should die." But, all of you "expert" wanna-be sports journalists ... never mind.

ESPN sucks bro. deal with it

ace3g
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Midseason review: Tiago Splitter

According to Synergy Sports, Splitter is shooting 71 percent and scoring 1.35 points per possession in pick-and-roll situations. That's good enough to rank third in the league. He's also done most of this damage without Manu Ginobili in the lineup. Certainly one of the league's craftiest passers hooking up with one of the best roll men in basketball is going to provide for even better production as the season goes forward.

On defense, Splitter ranks in the top ten in the league in defending spot up and isolation plays. Do not try to score on Tiago if your back isn't to the basket. He will put you in an uncomfortable position or force you to take a shot you don't really want to take. Once you get him on the block he's easier to score on, but he also defended the post fewer times than Matt Bonner. He's a very good defensive rebounder, but is pretty ineffective on the offensive glass (so the opposite of DeJaun Blair).

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/march/midseason-review-tiago-splitter.html

007nites
04-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Again. Here he goes again.

DMC
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Splitter has good moments, good stats as well, but damn his fundamentals are lacking sometimes. He defers when he should attack, and I cringe at that baby hook shot even though he's made a few.

DMC
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
ESPN sucks bro. deal with it
ESPN's problem is that they also televise games, so they spend most of their energy pumping up teams that they are showing, and most of the time that's big market teams. It's what those guys are paid to do. Skip is just the antithesis, because all talk shows need an antithesis.

TheSkeptic
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Splitter has good moments, good stats as well, but damn his fundamentals are lacking sometimes. He defers when he should attack, and I cringe at that baby hook shot even though he's made a few.

:lol I hear you. He's definitely a work in progress imo and I actually find it kind of encouraging that a lot of his flaws are correctable.

Like the whole business of rushing shots, deferring, over-passing, not getting his hands up fully, etc.

That's stuff that playing time and the coaching staff can fix and yet he's already producing at an incredibly high level. That's upside.

ESPN's problem is that they also televise games, so they spend most of their energy pumping up teams that they are showing, and most of the time that's big market teams. It's what those guys are paid to do. Skip is just the antithesis, because all talk shows need an antithesis.

That could be it. The thing is, to me, Skip at least has reasons behind the points he makes. "Manu got injured", they have depth, etc. He doesn't bring any extra insights or anything but at least he lists off solid reasons that support his points.

Stephen A Smith on the other hand: "Ha ha ha ha ha! Tiago. Tiago. The name says it all. Ha ha ha ha! Now you're talking to me about a guy named Patty? Ha ha ha ha! Look Skip Baseless, the Spurs are not going to win the West."

If you're going to pump up the big markets + OKC have the decency to back it up with at least *some* talking points.

hooperflash
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Stephen A's argument would obviously be "I'm just an analyst" but please correct me if i'm rock but i've honestly never seen the dude (Stephen A) shoot the rock...EVER! Gtfo Man :ihit

007nites
04-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Meh

ace3g
04-26-2012, 01:27 AM
tomorrow on First Take will be real interesting, Skip has a lot of ammo

Dr Cox
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Get over it spurs fans, Splitter and Duncan are not going to play together unless it is against a bigger team. They are too similar compared to every other post on the team.

We will see them when it is needed, but count me in the group that LOVE Manu and Splitter coming off the bench.

dbreiden83080
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
He still says the same crap. "Please don't make me go to the finals in SA, i want to be in South Beach or LA, please i can't be in SA" Who at ESPN finds this guy appealing exactly? They must have got some new MGT there that brought him back because the old MGT threw him out years ago..

hater
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
LOL shit's on you if you watch ESPN commentary voluntarily

dbreiden83080
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
You seriously want the Spurs to win the title just to see the look on SAS ugly face and all the crow that will be shoveled down his throat..

Bill_Brasky
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
:lol 3 page thread over ":crywhy are they so popular??:cry"

ace3g
04-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Skip Bayless ‏ @RealSkipBayless

Close

Only Coach Pop: Spurs full-scale scrimmaged during a.m. shootaround @Pho, then Pop, Big 3 flew home, left game to assts, other players. Won!

Don't tell Stephen A, but 2 players he openly laughs at scored 27 (Paddy Mills) and 26 (Tiago Splitter) as Spurs won, again, at Suns.

JazzFanz69
04-26-2012, 04:14 PM

It makes sense that a guy with a user name "Keepin' it real" is a Stephen A. Smith supporter.

BlairForceDejuan
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Gotta respect Stephen A as a professional. Goes to show the youngins out there how far public speaking skills can get you in the real world. Truth.

therealtruth
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Part of me thinks SAS acts the way he does for ratings. If he just gave logical nonbiased or noncontroversial takes do you think we would even be talking about him? A big part of his popularity is his outspokeness.

007nites
04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Patty Mills: 34 points, 5 rebounds, 12 assists

Bet Steven A. Smith didn't expect this

007nites
05-20-2012, 07:22 PM
About time

wut
05-20-2012, 08:15 PM
SAS's point of view represents the media establishment. You won't hear him say anything he wouldn't be embarrassed saying in front of his colleagues, who consequently are a bunch of morons/zombies who jock up on teams like the Heat/Lakers/Celtics because they live on the east/westcoast and those are the places that bring them ratings.

I could care less what a bunch of morons think about basketball.

However hearing guys like Kenny, Shaq, Charles and of all people Magic have high praise for the Spurs....that means a great deal more; these are people who have played basketball, won rings and know what a good team looks like.

tbh though....Skip's point would have held more weight had he used Diaw and SJax rather than Splitter and Patty. :lol

DMC
05-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I only believe the positive stuff.

joeSpurs
05-20-2012, 09:11 PM
The real question (from the point of view if the employers) is: Did both SAS and Skip put on a GOOD SHOW for their viewers. That's the only thing the networks care about.
If what they say is going to make viewers come back ... that their bottom line.
I don't have cable, nor satellite and therefore, I don't watch these folks ... And I don't care what they think.

007nites
05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Stephen is still a tool

ViceCity86
05-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Admit it.That 2nd video discussing the importance of Tiago Splitter missing 2nd game of Jazz series is funny as heck.That was scripted.They did that on purpose to get a big laugh.Tiago is good player,but that's like Nick Collison missing a playoff game for the Thunder vs Mavs.

I DVR the show every day,but only watch 10-15 minutes max.Today I only watch the Spurs topic.I always skip through Lebron James and Tebow junk.Tomorrow I hope they talk Spurs-Thunder and demise of Fakers.

ace3g
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM
what now Stephen A. Smith!!

007nites
07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Stephen was right

freetiago
07-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Stephen was right

not really
splitter was the unheralded hero of game 1
he came in the 4th quarter and scored like 6 straight points and got the spurs momentum when they were behind by about 10 points

then he didnt get a chance after the hack a splitter

therealtruth
07-11-2012, 06:14 AM
not really
splitter was the unheralded hero of game 1
he came in the 4th quarter and scored like 6 straight points and got the spurs momentum when they were behind by about 10 points

then he didnt get a chance after the hack a splitter

People forget how important he was to the team this year. He's the most efficient scorer on the team if they're willing to use him.

DMX7
07-11-2012, 07:58 AM

No, he didn't.

bigfan
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Smith is a bigger jerkoff than Bayless, and thats saying alot. To me he is every bit as irritating as Rush Limbaugh.

SenorSpur
07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
There was a time that I actually enjoyed ESPN's First Take show. A time when they had rotating guest analysts and the format was much different than it is now. Now it's turned into the Skip and Stephen A. show. Two guys yelling their opinions at one another, fighting for camera time and each trying to loud-talk the other.

I know Bayless loves the Spurs, but I cannot get past his ridiculous, ongoing love affair with Tim Tebow and some of his other non-sensical comments and opinions. I'm thorougly convinced that a lot of his schtick is for shock value. Smith, on the other hand, is just an egocentric, overly-opinionated, talking head, who tries to hard to be smooth - and it aint working. In the past, I've found myself actually agreeing with a lot of his opinions. However, he loses me with his occasional, braggadocious comments about his suits or dropping hints about his social life in Miami. He even once declared himself, Mayor of South Beach.

As for Splitter, I'm sure Bayless continues to bring him up just to get Smith's dandruff up. Of course, Spiltter didn't do much toward the end of the season, or in the playoffs, to dissuade any criticism by Smith or anyone else.

Obviously, both these guys are intelligent journalists, with solid, credible backgrounds in the print media. However, it's clear that they both have gone straight Hollywood. The show is horrible and I now find it unwatchable.

-21-
07-11-2012, 10:42 AM
There was a time that I actually enjoyed ESPN's First Take show. A time when they had rotating guest analysts and the format was much different than it is now. Now it's turned into the Skip and Stephen A. show. Two guys yelling their opinions at one another, fighting for camera time and each trying to loud-talk the other.

I know Bayless loves the Spurs, but I cannot get past his ridiculous, ongoing love affair with Tim Tebow and some of his other non-sensical comments and opinions. I'm thorougly convinced that a lot of his schtick is for shock value. Smith, on the other hand, is just an egocentric, overly-opinionated, talking head, who tries to hard to be smooth - and it aint working. In the past, I've found myself actually agreeing with a lot of his opinions. However, he loses me with his occasional, braggadocious comments about his suits or dropping hints about his social life in Miami. He even once declared himself, Mayor of South Beach.

As for Splitter, I'm sure Bayless continues to bring him up just to get Smith's dandruff up. Of course, Spiltter didn't do much toward the end of the season, or in the playoffs, to dissuade any criticism by Smith or anyone else.

Obviously, both these guys are intelligent journalists, with solid, credible backgrounds in the print media. However, it's clear that they both have gone straight Hollywood. The show is horrible and I now find it unwatchable.

Damn, SenorSpur with the goods!

Horse
07-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Splitter just needs some thicker skin. Seems his emotions dicate how he plays. When things are going good he's smooth, scores at will. Then he gets a little down and crumbles. Pop needs to have the same patience with him that is does with that red-headed choke machine Bonner.

SenorSpur
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Splitter just needs some thicker skin. Seems his emotions dicate how he plays. When things are going good he's smooth, scores at will. Then he gets a little down and crumbles. Pop needs to have the same patience with him that is does with that red-headed choke machine Bonner.

Now that's a touchdown. :flag:

SpurPadre
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Yeah, I don't blame Pop for chewing him out in Game 6 but I take issue that he doesn't do that to Bonner.

Josepatches_
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM

:lobt:

007nites
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
bump

007nites
06-06-2013, 06:39 PM
7E-SQRvHVs4

2:23

spurspokesman
06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Splitter will split doubters

007nites
05-11-2014, 05:56 PM
bump

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Who gives a shit what that chump thinks?

xmas1997
05-11-2014, 06:31 PM
All the Tiago haters on here who have spewed their hatred toward him all this year, last year, and the year before should be eating crow right about now just like Smith is.
Most of us knew this who have lauded him since before we drafted him.
It is really nice to be vindicated.

bigfan
05-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Smith and Bayliss need to be sewn together in a human centipede loop.

BackHome
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
You know I think I was the first one to buy a Splitter jersey but I have to admit I came close to burning it.....I am glad I didn't.

cd98
05-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Actually he was soft the last few years, but like most players, he's gotten much better. That said, he hasn't had to go up against great athletic players. He struggles against those, but defends high skilled players well. I'm worried about how he'll play against Ibaka. Hopefully Clippers win bc the one athlete he plays well against is Blake Griffin.

mrjap2x
05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Was he a really good defender at Tau?

cd021
05-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Smith and Bayliss need to be sewn together in a human centipede loop.

Southpark reference?

cd021
05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Actually he was soft the last few years, but like most players, he's gotten much better. That said, he hasn't had to go up against great athletic players. He struggles against those, but defends high skilled players well. I'm worried about how he'll play against Ibaka. Hopefully Clippers win bc the one athlete he plays well against is Blake Griffin.

I think he will fair better this time around vs Ibaka. Ibaka almost never posts unlike Dirk and L.A. His confidence should be sky high and as long as he stay fairly close to Ibaka he can hopefully limit some of those mid-range shots.

I'm a bit worried about Duncan and Splitter offensively vs OKC. Last time we played them, our offense had 0 spacing in part due to Duncans vanishing jumper and Splitters limited range. It makes it easier to trap TP.

Diaw can help deter that by posting at the 3pt line after screens. It keeps Ibaka from fully commiting unless he is willing to give up a 3pt attempt to a good shooter.