PDA

View Full Version : What's that? One of our bigs got injured?

Dex
02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
If only somebody had been smart enough to foresee this possibility and had some kind of contingency plan, such as...idunno...a fifth big?

But it's okay, we've still got Shorty and Ginger. And we can always pretend Leonard or Jefferson are 4s.

:deadhorse

MaNu4Tres
02-18-2012, 04:53 PM
I rather give minutes to Leonard at the 4 than any potential free agent out there right now. That's what Pop will probably do.

If Spurs sign a big man like Diogu or Thomas, they will hardly ever play.

I just hope Pop brings Splitter back quickly (unlike last year), once he's cleared from the doctors and once he passes the coaches' eye-ball test.

spurtech09
02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I rather give minutes to Leonard at the 4 than any potential free agent out there right now. That's what Pop will probably do.

I just hope Pop brings Splitter back quickly (unlike last year), once he's cleared from the doctors and once he passes the coaches' eye-ball test.
either way spurs need another big....just hope splitters injury ain't that bad and he plays monday....will see what happens....cross my fingers

hater
02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
get real we have 2 bigs and now down to 1. Blair/Bonner are no bigs

MaNu4Tres
02-18-2012, 05:15 PM
either way spurs need another big....just hope splitters injury ain't that bad and he plays monday....will see what happens....cross my fingers

Only way attaining a big is relevant is if he's actually good enough to play. As of right now, there's likely no realistic free agent out there that's good enough to play minutes for the Spurs.

Giving Leonard minutes at the 4 opens up minutes, not only for him, but for Danny and Neal as well and maybe even Anderson.

That being said, I'm sure R.C will continue to look at trades to bring in a quality big-- like Jason Thompson for instance.

iManu
02-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Timmy played over 40 minutes.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Only way attaining a big is relevant is if he's actually good enough to play. As of right now, there's likely no realistic free agent out there that's good enough to play minutes for the Spurs.

Giving Leonard minutes at the 4 opens up minutes, not only for him, but for Danny and Neal as well and maybe even Anderson.

That being said, I'm sure R.C will continue to look at trades to bring in a quality big-- like Jason Thompson for instance.

Why do people think Jason Thompson is available? Several people have floated that.

Spursfan092120
02-18-2012, 06:28 PM
he strained it, you guys...it's not like his legs fell off.

Muser
02-18-2012, 06:30 PM
he strained it, you guys...it's not like his legs fell off.

Last time he did that he was out for weeks. Not something the Spurs can afford to happen.

will_spurs
02-18-2012, 06:34 PM
It's ok, we still have a serviceable big in Mahinmi. Oh wait.

maverick1948
02-18-2012, 06:41 PM
If the Spurs do anything it will be to call on the Toros for either Dawson or Lyons. Both at least have exposure to the Spurs system. Not going to sign just anyone out there. With Manu now showing a strain oblique, he will be sitting again.

Spurs will wait until someone is available for trade after the 1st of March before they go out to make a deal.

TD 21
02-18-2012, 06:48 PM

This is probably exactly what they'll do. Out of necessity, obviously Duncan will have to play more. But I still don't think he'll play a ton more, especially given where they are in the standings. In other words, expect to see tons of Blair and Bonner.

If they're intelligent, whoever they bring in they let play. You just can't play that small and think you'll be even close to adequate defensively. And without Ginobili, Ford and Splitter, they don't have the firepower to flat out outscore teams, either. There's got to be a balance there and the only way to have that is to bring in a center, who's at least serviceable defensively.

Borosai
02-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Leonard could do well against certain PFs, but the Spurs need size. It's basketball after all.