PDA

View Full Version : What could we POSSIBLY get for Jefferson?

iManu
02-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Richard Jefferson is trash. Who would be dumb enough to take him? ANYONE would be better. Did you see him bobble the ball? His head's out of it, he has ZERO worth in the playoffs. ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hang

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-18-2012, 06:14 PM
:deadhorse

slick'81
02-18-2012, 06:21 PM
tbh nothing

Two10Whitey
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Some HEB slowly cooked brisket.

acoelho1
02-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Stephen Jackson.. maybe?

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
this guy provides us nothing on the court when his offense isnt going...

defensively his fkn shit then a pylon giving out stupid fouls....

loveforthegame
02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
No team is going to take RJ off our hands. Sadly, we're stuck with him this season.

What we can be thankful for is that the Spurs can now amnesty him this summer with the way Green and Leonard have stepped up.

Latarian Milton
02-18-2012, 06:42 PM
funny how you celebrated it on his arrival like you got your own version of pau gasol trade and right now hes being bashed like a bitch

timvp
02-18-2012, 06:45 PM
If you add Splitter and a pick to the package, you might be able to trade RJ for nothing.

Harry Callahan
02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
funny how you celebrated it on his arrival like you got your own version of pau gasol trade and right now hes being bashed like a bitch

The Spurs literally gave up nothing of value player-wise. The LAL gave up Marc Gasol - a much tougher, younger player than his big brother.

Beaverfuzz
02-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Mr. T autograph and 50 cents.

Latarian Milton
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
The Spurs literally gave up nothing of value player-wise. The LAL gave up Marc Gasol - a much tougher, younger player than his big brother.

they traded the RIGHTS to Marc which didn't have no value at that time, it was a complete steal and as far as i remember Pop was mad at this deal.

at that time we definitely had no idea his brother marc would evolve into such a solid player tbh

Bruno
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Jefferson has done more for Spurs than Ginobili this year and he is cheaper too. :stirpot:

timtonymanu
02-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Most likely just amnesty him.

Darkwaters
02-18-2012, 07:48 PM
What coule we POSSIBLY get for Jefferson?

Cap space next offseason when we amnesty his ass.

Darkwaters
02-18-2012, 07:49 PM

It could have worked out better. Although I think our situation is not nearly so humerous as say, the New York Knicks'.

DMC
02-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Howard, straight up.

maverick1948
02-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Has anyone looked at Utah as a trade partner for Jefferson? Only A Jefferson and Milsap are scoring double figures. The rest of the team is not putting up much in the way of offense. Jefferson would become a scorer again. He could play in an individual shot first pass second system. We could take on Derrick Favors and a trade exception. It would also get us under the dreaded luxury tax.

Favors may not be a long term fix but would be an addition to the team that might work.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Has anyone looked at Utah as a trade partner for Jefferson? Only A Jefferson and Milsap are scoring double figures. The rest of the team is not putting up much in the way of offense. Jefferson would become a scorer again. He could play in an individual shot first pass second system. We could take on Derrick Favors and a trade exception. It would also get us under the dreaded luxury tax.

Favors may not be a long term fix but would be an addition to the team that might work.

if the jazz fo are smoking the same crack as you to give up on young player they wasted a high pick on, then why not....

maverick1948
02-18-2012, 09:04 PM
if the jazz fo are smoking the same crack as you to give up on young player they wasted a high pick on, then why not....

So I'm smoking crack. Well, that crap you spout can be found in the middle of a cow pasture.

The Nets sent Derrick Favors (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4257/derrick-favors), Devin Harris (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2382/devin-harris), two first-round draft picks and cash considerations to Utah for Deron Williams.

They did NOT waste a high pick on Favors but they did get two from NJN.

spurtech09
02-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Some HEB slowly cooked brisket.
mmmmm yummy...Can I have some

CGD
02-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Jefferson has done more for Spurs than Ginobili this year and he is cheaper too. :stirpot:

True, but Spurs probably have an insurance policy for Manu which covers time he's out.

spursfan1000
02-18-2012, 09:48 PM
If we could I wish Spurs would do a Jefferson-Jackson switch. This would work out for both teams because RJ looked nice in that milwaukee basketball plus he is younger. For the Spurs Jackson would be playing with a chip on his shoulder because it being a contract season.

JR3
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Jefferson has no balls and wont do Jack in the playoffs. Sad but I would put money on it.

bevo
02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
I would not trade for S. Jackson. He wants a contract extension, not getting it and throwing a fit about it. He's cancerous now.

chazley
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
He can definitely be traded. The question is, do you want to give up alot of young pieces/pick to get that done?

chazley
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Let's remember, RJ will not be on this team next year because they have to use the amnesty before it expires. So, with RJ/Tim's $30m coming off that cap, we will be able to resign Tim on the cheap while keeping our options open in free agency.

The Spurs are geniuses. EVERYONE wanted the Spurs to amnesty RJ, but they knew what they were doing all along.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Watching Hill play Kobe makes me so sad that the Spurs whiffed on every free agent.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Watching Hill play Kobe makes me so sad that the Spurs whiffed on every free agent.

If Holt hadn't been such an ass during the negotiations, every FA SF with a pulse wouldn't have snubbed us. Peter, I guess YOU haven't suffered enough yet.

SpurmzKilla
02-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Richard Jefferson is trash. Who would be dumb enough to take him? ANYONE would be better. Did you see him bobble the ball? His head's out of it, he has ZERO worth in the playoffs. ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hang

new billboard #1 comedy hits yo. track 1 yo it's da spurs you get jefferson and calary sap unrelief what do we get in return yo response hahahahahahahaa

yo you get laffs. thats some funny shit on like at least two levels. like for the dude on the phone laffin and for the audience on the cd who gets to hear that gay azz phone call. and then like everybody at espn who thinks its funny that spurmz even tried that shit. and then the people the people who watch tv and hear about the funny shit that happened and how it got on cd and sold #1 hits and then decided to buy it cuz it's #1.

the people always respect #1.

Steve-O-Matic
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
RJ, Anderson and a pick to Charlotte for Boris Diaw.

spectator
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
RJ, Anderson and a pick to Charlotte for Boris Diaw.

and a pick?

:lmao

sasffl
02-20-2012, 12:00 AM
If not amnestry, he'll stay till the last year of his contract. Then some team will trade for him

spectator
02-20-2012, 12:10 AM
i think the spurs amnesty his ass after this year since his market value is lower than the average nba player, but he makes more than twice the average paycheck.

The ADMIRAL 50
02-20-2012, 02:07 AM
and a pick?

:lmao

The ADMIRAL 50
02-20-2012, 02:10 AM

:lol jazz giving us favors for rj

:lol and they give us trade exception to make the deal work.

The ADMIRAL 50
02-20-2012, 02:13 AM
:lol favors as a short term fix, not long term option.

venitian navigator
02-20-2012, 04:46 AM
the valure of RJ in the trade market could be :
1) for some team that plays the up tempo style that he needs to shine or
2) for some team that has more than one player they'd like to get rid of via amnesty which salaries could match the one of RJ (and that could more valueable than RJ for our team).

If we could find a team that anwar to both 1) end 2) we could definitely have a decent trade partner and a chance to improve our team via an RJ trade.

The candidates I see are Phoenix and Minny.

Phoenix won't sign Lopez again, they're gonna amnesty Childress and they're still under contract with Telfair for next season...so, comuing march 1 they could send the three for RJ, that could re-vitalaze himself with Nash and, in case, be amnistied next year (a la Childress).

Minny is not playing a lot of players...Webster, Milicic, Randolph, Ellington.
Others could well be included, 'cause probably won't be re -signed or are not essential to the team (Beasley, Ridnour).
RJ, like with Nash, sholud improve a lot with the up tempo style dictated by Rubio...
So, any mix of them could be made for the trade....

Russo21
02-20-2012, 06:39 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7a7grdc

no offense to manu but fuck, im sick of the dude being injured. and just fuck off rj and blair.

welcome dwight and ryan anderson, lets go tall ball

Dwight/Splitter
Duncan/Bonner
Anderson/Leonard
Green/Neal
Parker/Ford

Russo21
02-20-2012, 06:47 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7dpfzb3

welcome louis scola

Russo21
02-20-2012, 06:50 AM
[/URL][URL]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=729u6dp (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7se5cm4)

Okafor/Splitter
Duncan/Bonner/Blair
Ariza/ Leonard
Gordon/Neal/Green
Parker/Ford

Russo21
02-20-2012, 06:52 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7dyhfbs

Russo21
02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
If Holt hadn't been such an ass during the negotiations, every FA SF with a pulse wouldn't have snubbed us. Peter, I guess YOU haven't suffered enough yet.

Interesting comment... What did Holt do during negotiations for you to call him an ass? Very curious.

jgome21
02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
At this point I wouldn't trade him. He's playing fine in our system and can strech the court with his improved three-pt shooting. Believe it not, we are going to need him in the playoffs. If we were to trade someone, I'd trade Blair and James Anderson for a big. JA has been disappointing thus far.

Kori Ellis
02-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Probably the only way to get rid of RJ at this point (and this was probably the case last year too) is to package TP with him.

jgome21
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7a7grdc

no offense to manu but fuck, im sick of the dude being injured. and just fuck off rj and blair.

welcome dwight and ryan anderson, lets go tall ball

Dwight/Splitter
Duncan/Bonner
Anderson/Leonard
Green/Neal
Parker/Ford

Yea, I agree. I love Manu, but the man's been injured since 07. I wouldn't mind trading him if we got an effective big. As much as I like this trade, no way Dwight comes to SA.

bus driver
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Stephen Jackson.. maybe?

:drool:

hater
02-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Yea, I agree. I love Manu, but the man's been injured since 07. I wouldn't mind trading him if we got an effective big. As much as I like this trade, no way Dwight comes to SA.

:toast

tuncaboylu
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Lesson?
Advice?

superbigtime
02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
new billboard #1 comedy hits yo. track 1 yo it's da spurs you get jefferson and calary sap unrelief what do we get in return yo response hahahahahahahaa

yo you get laffs. thats some funny shit on like at least two levels. like for the dude on the phone laffin and for the audience on the cd who gets to hear that gay azz phone call. and then like everybody at espn who thinks its funny that spurmz even tried that shit. and then the people the people who watch tv and hear about the funny shit that happened and how it got on cd and sold #1 hits and then decided to buy it cuz it's #1.

the people always respect #1.

Uh, what? You MUST be a Lakers fan lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/m_mDTLphIVY/default.jpg

The ADMIRAL 50
02-20-2012, 03:11 PM
:lol Russo21

the thread title has POSSIBLY in all caps, geez