PDA

View Full Version : Knicks, real-talk

pass1st
02-19-2012, 04:17 PM
When Melo is back, will he be the team leader, option 1a/b or 2nd banana?

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
He'll kneel. He ain't a fool.

WeNeedLength
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
He'll kneel. He ain't a fool.

To be determined.

I'd say it's 50/50 right now.

DMC
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
It doesn't matter, they won't even get close to coming out of the East.

Technique
Melo is the Knicks leader.

What he will do is take the pressure off Lin and teams won't be so high on double teaming him anymore.

Giuseppe
To be determined.

I'd say it's 50/50 right now.

True, but, it's 70/30 he'll do the right thing.

Good stuff with the %. I like that.

Reck
02-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm starting to think it will be good.

Technique
Lin
JR
Melo
Stat
Chandler

You put two on any of these guys and you're gone. That's got to be the most potent offensive line up in the NBA.

WeNeedLength

Let's Vbookie this. :lol

JamStone
02-19-2012, 04:38 PM
It's become pretty apparent that D'Antoni's offense is the best with the PG running the show. I have no doubt Melo will still get his touches and shots, but it's becoming more and more likely that Lin will run the show, especially if the winning continues to coincide with his performance.

Spur_Fanatic
02-19-2012, 04:39 PM

endrity
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
It's become pretty apparent that D'Antoni's offense is the best with the PG running the show. I have no doubt Melo will still get his touches and shots, but it's becoming more and more likely that Lin will run the show, especially if the winning continues to coincide with his performance.

Yeah but the question here is will Melo let that happen. Remember Shaq with the Suns. The didn't make the playoffs once the offense centered on giving Shaq the ball on the block.

JamStone
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah but the question here is will Melo let that happen. Remember Shaq with the Suns. The didn't make the playoffs once the offense centered on giving Shaq the ball on the block.

It's an interesting question. But it's not just on Melo. It will also be dependent on Jeremy Lin's ability to say no to Melo. As a PG, he still has the ball in his hands and will be the primary ball handler. It will be on D'Antoni and the other Knicks players to put Melo in check if Melo play starts to sabotage their success. I don't think any of us know the answer. We'll just have to see.

endrity
02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
It's an interesting question. But it's not just on Melo. It will also be dependent on Jeremy Lin's ability to say no to Melo. As a PG, he still has the ball in his hands and will be the primary ball handler. It will be on D'Antoni and the other Knicks players to put Melo in check if Melo play starts to sabotage their success. I don't think any of us know the answer. We'll just have to see.

That's easier said than done though. If it was that easy Kobe woulnd't chuck 30 a game.

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Lin
JR
Melo
Stat
Chandler

You put two on any of these guys and you're gone. That's got to be the most potent offensive line up in the NBA.

and potentially one of the most volatile. JR is as streaky as they come, so we'll see if D'Antoni continues to give him crunch-time minutes.

Very good team on paper.

JamStone
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I didn't say it would be easy. I said none of us know what will happen. But also Kobe is the primary ball handler and decision maker on the Lakers. With the way Lin has established himself over this stretch, I don't think there's any question he will continue to remain the primary ball handler and decision maker on offense for the Knicks even when Melo returns. Won't be easy, but, we'll see.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
I wished we'd a hit a "lottery" like this.

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I wished we'd a hit a "lottery" like this.

It'll be fine, Cub. Still major players in the D12 sweepstakes--and although you don't like him--you have to realize his value in attracting other FA's like D-Will, etc.

LAL will always be competitive and looking to make moves, and the gargantuan TV deal warchest they have will ensure the Buss's are willing to pay the luxury tax. You've been around longer than me, so you know--it's the Lakers bro, they're never down for long.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
It'll be fine, Cub. Still major players in the D12 sweepstakes--and although you don't like him--you have to realize his value in attracting other FA's like D-Will, etc.

LAL will always be competitive and looking to make moves, and the gargantuan TV deal warchest they have will ensure the Buss's are willing to pay the luxury tax. You've been around longer than me, so you know--it's the Lakers bro, they're never down for long.

It's still stupifying to witness this Knick thing. Like finding a lot of money in the street. & inspite of myself and even though it doesn't butter our bread a trace it's still wonderful to behold for some gd reason.

I hate Lee sitting there. I hate D'Antoni. I hate Amare. I grudge 'em JR. I don't like zipperheads, and Anthony is fat, but, yet I can't garner a decent hatred like when the Spurs win. I'd like to commit an intentional killing when that happens.

WeNeedLength
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
It's still stupifying to witness this Knick thing. Like finding a lot of money in the street. & inspite of myself and even though it doesn't butter our bread a trace it's still wonderful to behold for some gd reason.

I hate Lee sitting there. I hate D'Antoni. I hate Amare. I grudge 'em JR. I don't like zipperheads, and Anthony is fat, but, yet I can't garner a decent hatred like when the Spurs win. I'd like to commit an intentional killing when that happens.

:lmao

You haven't become a serial killer with their 10-win streak, have you?

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM

:rollin

Think about how long Knicks fans have had to wait for a contender though. 2000 was the last time they had a serious team and we're talking about the #1 media market in the country. They're way overdue for some good luck (good FA signings) and I'm happy for them too. The league is better when the major markets are flourishing, and they know it. New York is on the rise, Chicago has returned to prominence, and even Philadelphia is rounding the corner. Boston is still hanging on by a thread, but they'll be a bitch in the playoffs.

If Dwight lands with the Lakers then it's basketball utopia for everyone. They still wouldn't win this year (unless they could keep Gasol too), but next year they'd land their PG and things would be set.

All it takes is Dwight coming to LaLa land and we'll see the Golden Age of the NBA--maybe even moreso than the 1980s.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Culb has jumped the shark.

Spur_Fanatic
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
:rollin

Think about how long Knicks fans have had to wait for a contender though. 2000 was the last time they had a serious team and we're talking about the #1 media market in the country. They're way overdue for some good luck (good FA signings) and I'm happy for them too. The league is better when the major markets are flourishing, and they know it. New York is on the rise, Chicago has returned to prominence, and even Philadelphia is rounding the corner. Boston is still hanging on by a thread, but they'll be a bitch in the playoffs.

If Dwight lands with the Lakers then it's basketball utopia for everyone. They still wouldn't win this year (unless they could keep Gasol too), but next year they'd land their PG and things would be set.

All it takes is Dwight coming to LaLa land and we'll see the Golden Age of the NBA--maybe even moreso than the 1980s.

BUMP
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
tbh this team has no weaknesses and I think are easily the most talented team in the NBA 1-12. (Don't care about anybody after that since they aren't making the playoff roster anyway).

The only thing that is holding them back imho is D'Antoni. With all this talent in the lineup I'm worried he might get a boner and forget about playing defense like his teams in Phoenix. If they play D like they did down the stretch in this game no reason to think they can't win a title

WeNeedLength
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Culb has jumped the shark.

Old school. :tu

DMC
02-19-2012, 05:41 PM
So is Lin still being considered a fluke or is it just Mike D's game style that allows the PG to flourish?

Either way, Lin's value is rising and you know Davis and Bibby are sweating.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 05:44 PM
The sad part for us is that lightening usually doesn't strike twice like this. I fear Arenas coming into Los Angeles and passing a gigantic egg out his ass that will have me on the EC radar for expulsion.

Technique
02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
hm2XO28YRYU
:p:

Cry Havoc
02-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Lin is too young to lead the team. The offense will go through him until they need a bucket and they're struggling, and then they'll ISO Melo all day.

Cry Havoc
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
The sad part for us is that lightening usually doesn't strike twice like this. I fear Arenas coming into Los Angeles and passing a gigantic egg out his ass that will have me on the EC radar for expulsion.

You're looking at 0 as a feast or famine? Couldn't he just be, you know, slightly competent and maybe a small upgrade over who's running 1 for the Lakers right now?

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
You're looking at 0 as a feast or famine? Couldn't he just be, you know, slightly competent and maybe a small upgrade over who's running 1 for the Lakers right now?

You're speaking to me in a civil manner? Dogs & cats must be living together.

ElNono
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I couldn't sleep last night... I had Linsomnia

Cry Havoc
02-19-2012, 06:15 PM
You're speaking to me in a civil manner? Dogs & cats must be living together.

I know! You're actually commenting in a thread and talking about basketball instead of reciting tired idioms ad-infinitum! :wow

DeadlyDynasty
02-19-2012, 06:25 PM

For once I agree with one of your takes. If he comes cheap then he's a definite upgrade over the shit we have at PG right now.

Cry Havoc
02-19-2012, 06:30 PM
For once I agree with one of your takes. If he comes cheap then he's a definite upgrade over the shit we have at PG right now.

The day a Laker fan agrees with one of my posts is the day I've lost all objectivity. Shit.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I know! You're actually commenting in a thread and talking about basketball instead of reciting tired idioms ad-infinitum! :wow

I talk basketball more than you think. We just had some bad moments over Sandusky and let our mouths overload our asses. Frankly, I've always liked you, Cry. & I don't like fighting with you. Others yes, because mostly it's an act and that's fine, but, with you it wasn't and I don't like that.

I am sorry, Cry.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 07:18 PM
You don't talk ball hardly at all. You're a liar.

wanggi
02-19-2012, 07:31 PM
It's pathetic to see the Lakers are still a "one man team" after we have watched how a team as the Knicks worked togather when they played.

wanggi
02-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I talk basketball more than you think. We just had some bad moments over Sandusky and let our mouths overload our asses. Frankly, I've always liked you, Cry. & I don't like fighting with you. Others yes, because mostly it's an act and that's fine, but, with you it wasn't and I don't like that.

I am sorry, Cry.

You don't talk basketball Zip, you have been bragging that you've got NBA World Titles all you life.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
You don't talk ball hardly at all. You're a liar.

& here I had you in the "act" category.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
You don't talk basketball Zip, you have been bragging that you've got NBA World Titles all you life.

You I had properly pegged. Me & you go way back, to before the Three Peat.

That's five ago.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:02 PM
No act. I legitimately think you are a bad person.

wanggi
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
You I had properly pegged. Me & you go way back, to before the Three Peat.

That's five ago.

Keep quiet. You just made your own bed tho.

wanggi
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Frankly, the Fakers don't need PG since a Super Selfish Rapist has dominated the coaches.

Giuseppe
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
No act. I legitimately think you are a bad person.

Like I said, I was mistaken.

DPG21920
02-19-2012, 08:58 PM
You bet ya!

mavsfan1000
02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
When Melo is back, will he be the team leader, option 1a/b or 2nd banana?
The knicks are better without Melo. Melo needs the ball in his hands which takes away the effectiveness of Lin. They hurt each other.