PDA

View Full Version : would anybody like to see memphis in first round again this season

tim210g
02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
:bang

ThaBigFundamental21
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
If the Spurs are healthy, the Grizz are no problem at all. The difference this year is Splitter and Leonard. We have more size to combat them. Obviously we need another big. But in a best of 7 this year we would be them in 6.

howbouthemspurs
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
The spurs are far deeper than they were last time.... Now they don't have to have Ginobili fully healthy to beat them. But the other teams like the thunder and mavericks, they will need Ginobili at full health playing 100%.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Hell to the yeah. They need to be reminded what time it is.

DMC
02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
no

SpurmzKilla
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
:bang

lil gasol gunna bitch slap duncan and beast all over splitter early retirement for the dynasty fakers

Em-City
02-19-2012, 11:09 PM
The team to avoid in the first round this year is the Timberwolves..

*i called it

acoelho1
02-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Memphis is a very physical team and when Zbo comes back, they will be contenders so I would rather face someone else in the first round. Sure I want revenge but I rather see them in the 2nd round at the earliest. There will not be any easy rounds in the playoffs and I think either Houston or Dallas would be better match ups to start our title run.

mystargtr34
02-19-2012, 11:22 PM
If Z-Bo is healthy i still dont like that matchup since it will mean at least 20+ minutes of Bonner-Blair guarding Randolph. Thats a recipe for disaster. Minny is another bad matchup IMO.

Denver, Houston, Utah and even Portland if you have home court.. one of those 4 you would hope fall into the Spurs laps IMO.

The next toughest group for the Spurs would be Minny and Memphis and obviously the Spurs would want to avoid LA, Dallas and OKC at all costs until the WCF at least.

Robz4000
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Houston would be another bad matchup for the Spurs tbh. They've gone 2-2 with them this year with three close games and them blowing out the Spurs in one win. They have the size to push the Spurs and are almost as deep. Same with Minni. I'd rather the Spurs get Memphis.

8FOR!3
02-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah I'd be up for Memphis for sure.

acoelho1
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I know Minny has given us a hard time this season but I don't see them as any threat in the playoffs. In fact, I'm not convince that they can make the playoffs.

I've ranked the teams that the Spurs could face in the 1st round and Houston would be my most favorable match up even though they have given us difficulties in the reg season.

1. Houston
2. Minnesota
3. Utah
4. Denver
5. Dallas
6. Portland
7. Memphis

Robz4000
02-19-2012, 11:41 PM
I'd take Utah over anyone in the race, but I can't see them making it.

spectator
02-19-2012, 11:56 PM
i think it's no mystery that the spurs would like to avoid teams with strong PF-C combos in any round; that would be mem, lal in the west and chi in the east if we make it that far.

some may add the jazz and the wolves to that club, but i don't see a problem tacking those teams with our team at 100% health - which is a requirement to win the title.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Memphis is a very physical team and when Zbo comes back, they will be contenders so I would rather face someone else in the first round. Sure I want revenge but I rather see them in the 2nd round at the earliest. There will not be any easy rounds in the playoffs and I think either Houston or Dallas would be better match ups to start our title run.

LOL Dallas is a rival so no............ Houston maybe, but they do match up too with Kevin Martin everytime beating us up lol. They had a tough split with Houston this year, could have been 3-1 them. I would rather get hmmmmmmmmmmm, wow there is no easy first rounder as Portland plays us tough as well.

Robz4000
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
LOL Dallas is a rival so no............ Houston maybe, but they do match up too with Kevin Martin everytime beating us up lol. They had a tough split with Houston this year, could have been 3-1 them. I would rather get hmmmmmmmmmmm, wow there is no easy first rounder as Portland plays us tough as well.
Portland wouldn't be a bad matchup tbh. As long as the Spurs are at full health they beat them in 5-6 games. Portland is shit on the road and just collapsed when LA got a minor injury to the Wizards of all teams., but yeah, the West is wide open as hell. However, other than LA, the Spurs have beaten every playoff team in the West.

sasffl
02-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Sweep Memphis in the 1st round for revenge

timtonymanu
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah there really is no easy match-up for the Spurs.

Houston has given us fits this year and they have enough guys who could go off against us.
Portland has always been a bad match-up for us but they still don't have the discipline to close out a series so that may work in our favor.

I actually think Memphis is an easier match-up for us this year but I have to see how they look once Randolph is back.

Denver has a lot of depth and can really tire out our team.

mercos
02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I would love to see the Spurs beat Memphis to pay them back for last year. In terms of just the matchups, there really isn't an easy first round opponent to be had this year. Not much separates the Western teams 1-8. No one is safe in the first round this year.

SA210
02-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Hell to the yeah. They need to be reminded what time it is.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-20-2012, 01:05 AM
i think it's no mystery that the spurs would like to avoid teams with strong PF-C combos in any round; that would be mem, lal in the west and chi in the east if we make it that far.

some may add the jazz and the wolves to that club, but i don't see a problem tacking those teams with our team at 100% health - which is a requirement to win the title.

I think it's no mystery that the Spurs NEVER avoid teams. That's a loser's mentality. You play who's in your way.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2012, 02:10 AM
Absolutely. It'd be a nice way to help put last year's humiliation behind them.

SA210
02-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Absolutely. It'd be a nice way to help put last year's humiliation behind them.

Definitely.

TJastal
02-20-2012, 02:25 AM
If the Spurs are healthy, the Grizz are no problem at all. The difference this year is Splitter and Leonard. We have more size to combat them. Obviously we need another big. But in a best of 7 this year we would be them in 6.

I'd say another difference maker might be Tony Parker winning his matchup with Conley this time.

Blair and Bonner will still get destroyed in the paint by Randolph and Gasol however. I think it would be a more competitive series for sure assuming everyone is healthy *knock on wood*.

Kewni Leonard
02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
I actually don't mind a Randolph/Blair matchup for 15 minutes or so. Blair is stronger than him and can definitely hold his own on the glass. Randolph will get his, but he's not going to push Blair around down there.

Moreover, I'm not afraid of the Grizz at all if the Spurs are healthy. Especially with Gay taking terrible shot after terrible shot. Also, getting Leonard gave us a lot more athleticism and size.

acoelho1
02-20-2012, 08:35 AM

My point is that I would rather see Houston or Dallas over Memphis. The Grizz is a solid team from top to the bottom and are probably the most physical team in the west when Zbo comes back. As we both agree, there aren't any easy choices for the first round. Also, Houston may have done well in the regular season but I believe we can shut them down in the playoffs. The key to shutting down K Martin is being physical with our tough wings of KL and DG.

jgome21
02-20-2012, 09:08 AM
If the Spurs are healthy (not counting Manu) then I expect a total beat down of the Grizz. If we have healthy Manu, then that's even a plus.