PDA

View Full Version : Gasol: "I’m not trying to force the team if they want to trade me, trade me tomorrow"

IronMaxipad
02-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Kobe to Lakers: Make a decision on Pau now

Kobe Bryant said the limbo of the Lakers possibly trading Pau Gasol has gone on enough and requested a decision be made.
“I wish management would come out and either trade him or not trade him,” Bryant said after the Lakers’ loss in Phoenix on Sunday night.
Bryant said his preference is the Lakers do not trade Gasol, citing the team’s “foundation” is in place with Bryant, Gasol and “the emergence of Andrew (Bynum).”
“Can’t have one of our pillars not knowing if he’s going to be here,” Bryant said.
Although Bryant said Gasol has “been the consummate professional” in maintaining loyalty to the Lakers and desire to stay, Bryant said: “It’s just tough for a player to give his all when you don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow.”
Upon being told of Bryant’s comments, Gasol said: “Obviously it’s not the best-case scenario for anybody, as a team. It’s always nice to have security and reassurance, but again, I understand. … Obviously it would be nice to know one way or the other for my mind’s sake, but I don’t know if I’m in a position to really demand that at all. I understand that things are not as easy as they appear at times.”
The Lakers were prepared before training camp to package Gasol and Lamar Odom to acquire Chris Paul until the NBA, holder of Paul’s rights as current owner of the New Orleans Hornets, nixed that trade. The Lakers traded Odom to Dallas but kept Gasol, who was recently left off the Western Conference All-Star team for the first time in four years.
“I’m not trying to force the team if they want to trade me to trade me tomorrow,” Gasol said. “Obviously I still believe in our team; I believe in our city. I believe we can continue to be a special, special team — a successful team.”
The NBA trade deadline is March 15, and Gasol is waiting for it while cognizant of various rumors involving him flying around “every other day.” Gasol said he has seen Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak after games, “but we haven’t really spoken about anything.”
Gasol said he believes the Lakers are “listening” to offers as opposed to taking him off the trading block.
“It seems it’s not that way,” Gasol said. “That’s the feeling that I get, and I haven’t really confirmed it, but from the situation and all the talks, that’s what I perceive.”
Bryant was not outwardly angry about the situation despite a couple of profanities he dropped in while saying the Lakers should trade Gasol or say they’re not trading him. He was aware of the newsworthiness of his opinion, however, half-smiling to reporters as he said: “You got some bulletin news for your story?”

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/02/19/kobe-to-lakers-make-a-decision-on-pau-now/69445/

lefty
02-20-2012, 12:09 AM
:lmao

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Awesome ...

BanditHiro
02-20-2012, 12:17 AM
RJ + Blair + 1st round pick

do it RC.

BanditHiro
02-20-2012, 12:17 AM
RJ + Blair + 1st round pick

do it RC.

BlackSwordsMan
02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Tired old shit bag lacking leadership ability.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Tired old shit bag

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Into the retirement home you go.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Into the retirement home you go.

:rolleyes

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 12:25 AM

4 wins in a row for me now, thanks.

ffadicted
02-20-2012, 12:28 AM
http://imgon.net/di-9F4D.gif

Most meaningful thing in this thread

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 12:29 AM
http://imgon.net/di-9F4D.gif

Most meaningful thing in this thread

Theyre amazing,

ElNono
02-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't really like her tbh,,,

Pau or the bikini chick?

Spur_Fanatic
02-20-2012, 12:36 AM
:corn::corn:

Banzai
02-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Pau on the spurs..scary...

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Pau on the spurs..scary...

We'd actually be a contender

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:53 AM
4 wins in a row for me now, thanks.

Robz4000
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
They might do it for RJ, Blair, and a 1st. RJ gives them perimeter scoring and plays decent D. Blair would be a good backup Center with the energy and physicality he brings. First round pick would only sweeten the deal. Spurs, obviously, get the added length they've been looking for, and it's an athletic PF to boot.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 01:05 AM

5 now, thanks gramps

Robz4000
02-20-2012, 01:06 AM
:lmao

Between Barnes, MWP and RJ, guess who's automatically guaranteed to not play for Mike Brown when they need a stop?
Honestly, RJ's offense might be more than enough to offset the drop in D to warrent him playing. Besides, that way you'd have MWP coming off the bench to add a little more depth. At any rate, it's just a wet dream; no way LA would do it.

IronMaxipad
02-20-2012, 01:09 AM
They might do it for RJ, Blair, and a 1st. RJ gives them perimeter scoring and plays decent D. Blair would be a good backup Center with the energy and physicality he brings. First round pick would only sweeten the deal. Spurs, obviously, get the added length they've been looking for, and it's an athletic PF to boot.

:lol Good luck with that.

Robz4000
02-20-2012, 01:26 AM
:lol Good luck with that.
A man can dream...:rollin

Banzai
02-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Pau would put the spurs in the finals I believe.

ElNono
02-20-2012, 01:58 AM
http://www.tvweek.com/2008/12/05/TNTStory_TNTGoldLogo.jpg

ElNono
02-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Would you guys do Gasol + Barnes for RJ + Blair + Manu and a first?

Without the pick, I would entertain the idea. Then again, Manu isn't going anywhere...

LkrFan
02-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Pau or the bikini chick?

:lol

BoricuaCJA
02-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Pau would put the spurs in the finals I believe.
If we were to get him, we'd the championship imo. But really, everyone knows that would never happen.

DeadlyDynasty
02-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Lakers starters by year's end:

PG - Ramon Sessions
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Dwight Howard

Bench:

Arenas
Artest
Glock

Goran Dragic
02-20-2012, 09:02 AM
They might do it for RJ, Blair, and a 1st.
No, they wouldnt :lol

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 10:21 AM
^UNC, it's just solace after 8.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Look the reality is we have some emotional ass mofos on this team. Trade rumors and amnesty clauses have our team not focused on the big goals. Artest, Pau the departed Lamar we have a lot of guys not built for the longterm scrutiny faced in a media market like Los Angels ...people think the fans are laid back. But we riot, rally and throw shit on the court and boo when the team is not up to snuff. Shit, I wanted to trade Shaq for Duncan after consecutive sweeps in 1988 and 1999 ...Pau will face this shit if he stays the question is can Pau handle it?

Like Kobe I would rather a trade be done sooner rather than later but if Dwill or Dwight are the targets (no way they get both) they HAVE to wait.

and unlike most Laker fans I appreciate Pau ..but unlike most other teams fans I don't overrate him either. Gasol is highly skilled. he can shoot on the block with either hand and is a very good passer with a mid-range game. Strong rebounder with a high bball IQ

But, he also can be pushed off the block fairly easily. At times is too unselfish, borderline passive-aggressive. Sometimes it takes a bad call, or someone dunking on him or blocking his shit for him to go HARD in response. He rarely initiates aggressive play. In the clutch he has good timing on put backs or blocks but is unreliable to hit FT's or jumpers under pressure.

Pau should still have value and if he could play with a top notch PG would easily be a all-star in the East, much tougher at PF in the west right now ...Many laker fans underrate him, many of you fans that havent had him on your squad overrate him. I used to cover Memphis as one of my "regions" most of their fans can't stand Pau Gasol ...or his game.

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Pau doesn't have substantial value to most teams, at this moment..

Would the Celtics realistically pursue a Rondo for Gasol trade?..I highly doubt it..

I could see the Pacers, Sixers and Rockets showing interest, but I can't think of a realistic deal..

Orlando would be foolish to trade Howard for Gasol..they'll insist on Bynum, as they should..

New Jersey trading for Gasol would be puzzling..they aren't a piece away from contending, adding Gasol would be pointless..

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Look the reality is we have some emotional ass mofos on this team. Trade rumors and amnesty clauses have our team not focused on the big goals. Artest, Pau the departed Lamar we have a lot of guys not built for the longterm scrutiny faced in a media market like Los Angels ...people think the fans are laid back. But we riot, rally and throw shit on the court and boo when the team is not up to snuff. Shit, I wanted to trade Shaq for Duncan after consecutive sweeps in 1988 and 1999 ...Pau will face this shit if he stays the question is can Pau handle it?

Like Kobe I would rather a trade be done sooner rather than later but if Dwill or Dwight are the targets (no way they get both) they HAVE to wait.

and unlike most Laker fans I appreciate Pau ..but unlike most other teams fans I don't overrate him either. Gasol is highly skilled. he can shoot on the block with either hand and is a very good passer with a mid-range game. Strong rebounder with a high bball IQ

But, he also can be pushed off the block fairly easily. At times is too unselfish, borderline passive-aggressive. Sometimes it takes a bad call, or someone dunking on him or blocking his shit for him to go HARD in response. He rarely initiates aggressive play. In the clutch he has good timing on put backs or blocks but is unreliable to hit FT's or jumpers under pressure.

Pau should still have value and if he could play with a top notch PG would easily be a all-star in the East, much tougher at PF in the west right now ...Many laker fans underrate him, many of you fans that havent had him on your squad overrate him. I used to cover Memphis as one of my "regions" most of their fans can't stand Pau Gasol ...or his game.

Your finest hour in a while. Substance over symbolism. Rare in these parts.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Your finest hour in a while. Substance over symbolism. Rare in these parts.

Appreciate it kind sir. Thing is Pau is NOT the problem. He should take it as a compliment that other teams want him, AND that Laker fans WANT MORE from him. Plenty of us, soured on Fisher and MWP ... but we realize they dont have much MORE to give, I at least just want them to be solid and take away from the team. Pau though, can (and has) given us more. Plus he makes more than those guys combined. And dont give me that Kobe shoots too much crap. Kobe does shoot too much, but both Kobe and Pau both realize the trade rumors are fucking with his head.He gets plenty of touches to do more than he has ... If it was a shot distribution issue he would be asking for those shots. Right now it's all mental ...Pau wants to feel "wanted" ...and after his ex left him in the lurch last May ...Pau is not feeling "loved" at home or at work

Hey the kid kid is a true Spainard, a romantic. It is what it is ...

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 11:57 AM
^I just pray they move him for the correct package. After the Odom Fiasco I'm not so sure about Kupchak. There is no need to be imminent.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
PG, bench and SF are the areas where we need help.
Pau is doing fine as a PF I would only take: ALdridge, Blake, Love, healthy ZBO Horford and maybe I'm missing someone but not many PF's Im taking over him at this point .. Bosh is a maybe ...

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Pau is doing fine as a PF I would only take: ALdridge, Blake, Love, healthy ZBO Horford and maybe I'm missing someone but not many PF's Im taking over him at this point .. Bosh is a maybe ...

WeNeedLength
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll just leave this here:

http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/pau-gasol.jpg

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM

Pau will die slowly on the vine after he's moved. A blind man can see that and that is why we'll have a difficult time moving him for suitable return.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I'll just leave this here:

http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/pau-gasol.jpg

:lol

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
[[[Lakers coach Mike Brown said that Gasol hasn't been able to avoid the rumors that have linked Gasol in trade scenarios with Houston, Boston, Minnesota, Orlando and Chicago in recent weeks.

"He was on his computer (Saturday) when we landed and he was looking through some articles and all that," Brown told ESPNLosAngeles.com after the team's shootaround Sunday. "I just leaned over and said, 'Pau, you got to stop looking at that crap. It will kill you if you do.' It's out of his control. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Nobody knows, except for the people upstairs and ownership. ... To worry about it, to try to do anything about it, it's wasted energy."]]]

I fervently hope he wasn't looking at this Forum.

tee, hee.

Muser
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
'Sup Mike Brown.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
[[[Lakers coach Mike Brown said that Gasol hasn't been able to avoid the rumors that have linked Gasol in trade scenarios with Houston, Boston, Minnesota, Orlando and Chicago in recent weeks.

"He was on his computer (Saturday) when we landed and he was looking through some articles and all that," Brown told ESPNLosAngeles.com after the team's shootaround Sunday. "I just leaned over and said, 'Pau, you got to stop looking at that crap. It will kill you if you do.' It's out of his control. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Nobody knows, except for the people upstairs and ownership. ... To worry about it, to try to do anything about it, it's wasted energy."]]]

I fervently hope he wasn't looking at this Forum.

tee, hee.

here? LG throws him under the bus constantly ...

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
"He was on his computer (Saturday) when we landed and he was looking through some articles and all that," Brown told ESPNLosAngeles.com after the team's shootaround Sunday. "I just leaned over and said, 'Pau, you got to stop looking at that crap.

I wonder if Bryant reads "that crap"?

clambake
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
he'll probably read about it before they tell him.

Kewni Leonard
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
To Laker fan: Would you take Parker and Blair for Gasol? You know, since your PG is complete and utter shit and Blair is actually young, talented and the best bargain in the league, outside of Lin. You're not getting Howard, either, so keep that in mind.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
To Laker fan: Would you take Parker and Blair for Gasol?

Yes. With the addition of Neal coming over. Neal is my ideal and he's lethal. You can have your pick of Gasol, or, Bynum + any other single player on the roster, CBA rules abide.

redzero
02-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes. With the addition of Neal coming over. Neal is my ideal and he's lethal. You can have your pick of Gasol, or, Bynum + any other single player on the roster, CBA rules abide.

Would you trade Gasol or Bynum for Hedo Turkoglu?

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Would you trade Gasol or Bynum for Hedo Turkoglu?

Kewni Leonard
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM

That is too much, tbh. I was hesitant to want to include Blair, tbh. Neal is an excellent roleplayer, he is too valuable to me.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 02:06 PM
That is too much, tbh. I was hesitant to want to include Blair, tbh. Neal is an excellent roleplayer, he is too valuable to me.

Okay, keep Blair, give me anybody else off the roster to satisfy CBA. But, Neal has to be included.

WeNeedLength
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Okay, keep Blair, give me anybody else off the roster to satisfy CBA. But, Neal has to be included.

Are you going to collect all the rapists on one team? That way they would be able to "rape" the other 29 teams like no other team could? :lol

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Are you going to collect all the rapists on one team? That way they would be able to "rape" the other 29 teams like no other team could? :lol

Makes me nary difference. Neal would play a minimum of 40 MPG at SG. I'd move Bryant up front.

z0sa
02-20-2012, 04:34 PM

:rollin

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Culby...

Manu + Blair + Neal for Bynum + Barnes, you'd do that?

No. Parker has to come over. Manu is too leaky a vessel.

Robz4000
02-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Too big a risk to send Parker off without knowing if the Spurs would have a capable PG. That would basically put the Spurs in the Lakers situation (only there'd be depth).

Reck
02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
If the Lakers lose tonight. He's gone with a 100% certainty.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry Culby, not giving you our best player.

It'd be a calculated gamble for sure. Especially for you. And frankly, Gasol would work better on the short term for you.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
If the Lakers lose tonight. He's gone with a 100% certainty.

That's ridiculous. We've beaten nobody this year. The Clippers that one time, and Dallas when Dirk was still in a fog, but, we've never hit a stride, been responsible for expectation. We've been wandering in the winds ever since this started. Tonight won't be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We're still trying to get off the canvas where Stern put us.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
No, without TP we'd be around .500 .

I meant if you had to choose between Gasol & Bynum.

Reck
02-20-2012, 06:02 PM
That's ridiculous. We've beaten nobody this year. The Clippers that one time, and Dallas when Dirk was still in a fog, but, we've never hit a stride, been responsible for expectation. We've been wandering in the winds ever since this started. Tonight won't be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We're still trying to get off the canvas where Stern put us.

Nah man, lets face it. Only reason why pieces haven't been moved further is because they went on a short winning streak. If they keep losing they'll move before the cut off point which is upon us.

NRHector
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM

who's "we"? you are a GD Cavs, Suns and Spurs fan.

Giuseppe
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Nah man, lets face it. Only reason why pieces haven't been moved further is because they went on a short winning streak. If they keep losing they'll move before the cut off point which is upon us.

There is no precedent or empiracles to support your supposition. It's pie-in-the sky. Where's the fire? There is no miracle out there. Paul was no cure-all. Howard is a problem child.

It's broke.