PDA

View Full Version : MBE's mid season awards,

MattBonnerExperience
02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
4 months ago, David Stern made his infamous quote about how a nuclear winter was about to cover the NBA.The very next week of thanksgiving the NBA and NBPA came together again and for some odd reason, decided to finally get there shit together and get a deal.
After that insanity happened, a star was dealt, players where signed to ridiculous contracts, David Khan continued his streak of dumbassery, Jr Smith got held captive in china, Stern vetoed a trade and ruined whatever public image the league had left after the lockout, the lakers gave away Odom, and Greg Oden got injured, again.

Needless to say this year has been terribly bad, but its also made it even more fun considering nobody has any idea whats going to happen next week. But anyways enough of this recap, lets get to the main event The Mid-Season Awards
First off, the off season awards.

MOM (most over paid Maverick)- Congrats JJ Barea this one's for you. You may not have gotten a ridiculous contract like chandler but you got 4 years at 4 million each to watch Rubio make magic and be behind Luke ridinour on the Depth chart. Your contract may not be bad, but your getting paid to do nothing. Chandlers contract will probably seem terrible when he's 34 making 10 million and injured, but as of now he's the only knick who can get a rebound so I would say his pay isn't as bad right now. (Honorable mentions: Tyson Chandler)

Best fake trade- Chris Paul to the lakers. Luis Scola,Kevin Martin, New Yorks 1st rounder, and Lamar Odom to the Hornets, and Pau Gasol to the Rockets.
Ok, this may not be a fake trade considering it really happened until Dan Gilbert burst in and "saved the day". But looking back now this is the better trade for the hornets then getting Minnys 1st rounder (at this rate may be a 15-20 pick) Eric Gordon (Leaving for Indy in a couple months) Al Faruq-Aminu (Maybe servicible?) and Chris Kaman (To busy hunting to play). The league fucked up on this one.(Honorable Mention: Dwight Howard to Toronto for Jose Calderon and a 1st )

Best Sign- Josh Mcroberts at the mini mid-level. 3 million a year for a great back up pf is a steal, especially when you consider that someone like DeAndre Jordan can get 10 million a year. (Honorable mention: Jamal for 10 mill over 2 years pretty great for a 20 point a night guy)

Worst sign- Rodney Stucky at 25 million over 3 years. Rodney Suckey is not a 8 million dollar man, Detroit is already littered with 2 guards and combo guards, on the bright side its only 3 years but Detroit is going nowhere with this roster right now with the mix of depressed veterans and bright youth (Monroe and Knight.

Now, the awards for actually playing.

MVP- LeBron James, say what you want about the man but 29 points 7 assists and eight rebounds and a game is pretty damn good. When LeBron takes control there is nothing you can do and so far this season, he has been good at taking control. (Honorable mention-Chris Paul)

SDP (Secretly Dead Player)- Lamar Odom, what happened dude, did those little aliens from space jam take your powers? You where the 6 man of the year last year and now you can't even average 8 points while dirk refuses to play good basketball. We all know the fake trade hurt you but get over it dude.(Honorable Mention- Amar'e , You know Carmelo will let you score if you want)

ROY- Mr. Kyrie Irving. A year after suffering the worst season in their history (not game wise but just the string of shit that happened to them) you have the cavaliers in 9th place. Then getting 18 points and 5 assists a game on 50 percent shooting while carrying the team as a rookie that only played 9 college games, you've made Cleveland a brighter place kid. (Honorable Mention- RUBIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.)

WGMWIIAPTHWGFATS(Worst GM who is in a position that he wont get fired any time soon). David Kahn.
This brilliant man seems to be unable to make a good decision without making a bad after that. Bringing Rubio over? Good darko needs somebody to pass to since we signed him long term. Convincing Adleman to coach? Thats alright but you know what's even better, getting another PG in barea! Whats that Love is willing to extend with us even though we refused to play him until last year and is putting up insane numbers? Well sucks you only get 4 year and no max contract. Seriously, Love is a top 10 player and you decided to piss him off and not give him 5 years at max unlike his buddy Westbrook.Ugh moving on...(Honorable Mention- Sam Presti, look im not saying he's terrible but he gets over rated for picking the only franchise player left on the board that is durant and taking risks on westbrook and harden).

MattBonnerExperience
02-20-2012, 12:38 PM
MIP-Jeremy Lin, nuff said(Honorable Mention-Danilo Galinari)

MVTOSB (Most valuable tired old shit bag)- Kobe Bryant. Personally I hate the dude, but averaging 30 points at the age of 36 while having a fucked up hand is pretty amazing. He's carrying this laker team above .500 in a shortend season with a new coach, needless to say it's amazing (Honorable Mention- Steve Nash)

COY- Doug Collins. This is the year that most analysts thought "alright doug collins had his year now the players are gonna tune him out" but this year they have been amazing they are destroying teams at home and surviving on the road. There's no other serious choice (Honorable Mention-Pop, the spurs aren't shit without Manu so that deserves a mention).

WSL (Worst Story Line). The Durant-Westbrook feud. Ever since last year playoffs, everybody has been talking about how these two will never work out together long term. Well the thunder decided to give a big middle finger to everyone and give westbrook the "what kevin love should have gotten" extension (5 years 80 mill). Ever since than westbrook has been performing even better and all the feud talk had died.
And Lastly......

Mid-Season Title Prediction

Miami Heat over Oklahoma City Thunder in 6
As long as Dwayne Wade stays healthy, the heat will win the east. The problem is the west is wide open, but over the season the thunder should have the best opportunity based on health/talent. Once in the finals the Heat are gonna have no real problem scoring on the thunder while durant struggles to score on a great Miami D.

Thanks for reading! Leave any comment if you agree/think im a retard and tell me if you enjoyed this mid season award!

Brazil
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
:tu

MIP for a 7 games stretch ? come on ST is not ESPN dude

What about the DPOY ?

MattBonnerExperience
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
:tu

MIP for a 7 games stretch ? come on ST is not ESPN dude

What about the DPOY ?

I may be wrong but I think that yesterday against Dallas was his 10th real game, that's alot more sample size in a 66 game season.Secondly he's gone from 2 pts and 1 ast a game to 15 and 5 and is leading the knicks to victory game after game. He's here to stay.

DPOY is a hard one and I wasn't sure who I really liked the most. Plus I felt like my awards where long enough as is.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
great read.

some of these were very amusing :lol

Brazil
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I may be wrong but I think that yesterday against Dallas was his 10th real game, that's alot more sample size in a 66 game season.Secondly he's gone from 2 pts and 1 ast a game to 15 and 5 and is leading the knicks to victory game after game. He's here to stay.

DPOY is a hard one and I wasn't sure who I really liked the most. Plus I felt like my awards where long enough as is.

for DPOY I like Ibaka fwiw

For Lin, I'm not saying he is not for real but it's a mid season awards and he had a stretch of 10 games good portion w/o Amare and w/o at all Melo. So maybe for the season awards when he will have solid perf with a full healthy knicks team but for now there are other candidates.

MattBonnerExperience
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
for DPOY I like Ibaka fwiw

For Lin, I'm not saying he is not for real but it's a mid season awards and he had a stretch of 10 games good portion w/o Amare and w/o at all Melo. So maybe for the season awards when he will have solid perf with a full healthy knicks team but for now there are other candidates.

Yeah I see what your saying and that's probably the better decision.

Iblaka is also a beast so I could deffiantly see him as DPOY.