29-7 after the 1st :lol

Jelloisjigglin
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
:lol 7 point quarter.

:lol Getting curbstomped by a average team

:lol tlong

Banzai
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not Expecting the Lakers to maintain the lead...nice start though.

Killakobe81
02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
mehh, expected us to come out strong after the shitty game last night and the media storm over Kobe's comments.
Would of been more impressed if we took care of the Suns or if we beat the Mavs or OKC this week. That being said you need to win this game ...BECAUSE we lost last night.

pass1st
02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for jinxing us, expect Blazers to come back strong and finish off 20+ over LAL

midnightpulp
02-20-2012, 11:26 PM
These are the kind of games that still makes me fear LA. Their defense is top notch and their front line is imposing. Much of the reason for the Lakers offense being so shitty and role players not producing is because they expend so much energy on the defensive end. Saw this same movie with the Spurs' championship teams. It's very much a system where offense goes to die and what got the Spurs the label "boringest team in the league."

InK
02-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Welcome back from Kenya guys, its a beautiful country

jeebus
:lmao

:rollin

:lol

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Nobody should question my jinxing powers

:hat

Tlong :lol

Reck
Lakers just beating a D-legue team.

tlongII
02-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Non-issue.

Reck
02-21-2012, 12:07 AM
We get Blazers tomorrow. Lakers are just tenderizing them for us. We going for that 3/3 games in as many nights.

ElNono
02-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Mike Brown giving the starters extra burn, despite the sizeable lead.... is he starting to feel the heat?

Spurminator
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Getting interesting...

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Uh oh. Ain't over. Those two 3's to close the 3rd gave the Blazers life.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 12:28 AM
14 point game going into 4th. I expect 8+ chucks out of Kobe to ensure he doesn't let that pussy Gasol shoot. :lol

jeebus
tbh this would be another nice jinx victory on lefty's belt should it go through.

pass1st
All LAL has to do is take their time, play enough D to limit the Blazers to 30 and score a few times.

Won't happen though, expect the game to be tied 5 mins into it.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
All LAL has to do is take their time, play enough D to limit the Blazers to 30 and score a few times.

Won't happen though, expect the game to be tied 5 mins into it.

You really believe in your team, huh?

Jelloisjigglin
02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
lol 12 point game. Typical Lakers blowing leads.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 12:31 AM
lol 12 point game. Typical Lakers blowing leads.

Us Spurs fans feel you on that. Our team does this shit all the time.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Mike brown waitged 2 long 2 sit ron an d fish no way lead should b this low

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 12:38 AM
Mike brown waitged 2 long 2 sit ron an d fish no way lead should b this low

Posting from phone? :lol

Brazil
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
can the blazers come back ? 10 pts lead for the lakers, 7:24 mn to go

TE
02-21-2012, 12:43 AM
tbh Aldridge looks like a tosb

Reck
02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Rawsome.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Posting from phone? :lol

Yep I do sometimes Lol

LkrFan
02-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Lefty trying to jinx the Lakers with this thread. :lol

Spur_Fanatic
Kobe with 23 FGA, right?

Reck
I'm on my iPhone now myself. I disabled the auto correct though. Thing is a pain

midnightpulp
Game.

pass1st
02-21-2012, 12:49 AM

You really believe in your team, huh?

Of course I believe in them

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 12:52 AM
:lol17 points from Blake? might be a career high...

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Matthews and felton have regressed big time

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I need Kobe shooting one more time...

But game is not nearly over for that, he'll shoot more.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Pissed we coughed up this lead could've rested our big 3

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Pissed we coughed up this lead could've rested our big 3

You had to have seen that coming though

007nites
02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
Both teams getting burn tonight with the Blazers staying in the game.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Horrible rotations by brown tbh plus he tried to be like phil and sat on his timeouts as the lead shrank

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Artest going for season high in points.

midnightpulp
Looks like the Lakers are going to break 100. Great. Now all these fuckin' beaners are going to get their free tacos.

pass1st
Horrible rotations by brown tbh plus he tried to be like phil and sat on his timeouts as the lead shrank

That was my biggest issue with Phil, always saving his timeouts no matter what was happening

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Looks like the Lakers are going to break 100. Great. Now all these fuckin' beaners are going to get their free tacos.

Guess I was wrong on both fronts...miracles do happen...

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:02 AM
17 points diff, 90 secs to go...

Kobe in or out?

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:02 AM
What a fucking stat padder... he still in.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Why is Kirby still in the game?

Lol statpadding.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 01:03 AM
What a fucking stat padder... he still in.

There goes your 5 points..

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Wat a fucker, I had him on 25 FGA for today, and he play a few more secs to chuck 1 more shot, and get to 26...

DAMNIT::..

pass1st
02-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Take Morris out lol

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:05 AM

There goes your 5 points..

Terrible start of a round for me... :S

pass1st
02-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Tacos secured

pass1st
02-21-2012, 01:06 AM
lol Morris with another TO for shits and giggles

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Wat a fucker, I had him on 25 FGA for today, and he play a few more secs to chuck 1 more shot, and get to 26...

DAMNIT::..

Lol. He knew he was coming out too so nothing was going to stop him from taking a shot.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Spur fan so insecure

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I think he stayed only so he would be the guy to get to 100 pts to get cheered for the tacos. The guy is so insecure...

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:09 AM
And failed at it, ofc.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Spur fan so insecure

Link?

We were jabbering about Kobe because of the NBA Season Contest that's going on...

11 wins in a row, no insecurities here. :nope

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Spurs keep winning but their fans (some) still obsessed with Kobe's stats ...

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah, dude. I dont care about the Lakers, except when they screwup my picks.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Spur fan so insecure

Not really. But even you have to admit Kobe's attempts at stat-padding are sometimes humorous. Not Ricky Davis or Andray Blatche funny, but amusing nonetheless.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Link?

We were jabbering about Kobe because of the NBA Season Contest that's going on...

11 wins in a row, no insecurities here. :nope

I get that, even though I choose not to participate ... but the cmoments that come with it are laughable ...

So what do you get for winning said contest? A doohickey under your name? some vbookie cash?

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Spurs keep winning but their fans (some) still obsessed with Kobe's stats ...

My pick was he was going to shoot 25. He shot 26, just for tha tacos.

And failed. Aside of that, no obsession.

LkrFan
02-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Lakers just picked up a full game on the Clipps. Switch ON!! :lol

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:13 AM
I get that, even though I choose not to participate ... but the cmoments that come with it are laughable ...

So what do you get for winning said contest? A doohickey under your name? some vbookie cash?

The trophy. And braggin rights, I guess.

It's just to pass time.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2012, 01:14 AM

Doohickey

It doesn't matter, it could be for shits and giggles. It's still entertaining.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Kobe had nothing on Honeybaked Ham Inc. tonite.

He was adorable.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 01:15 AM
A doohickey under your name?

I'd love a doohickey. Might as well try and catch the wind.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:17 AM

Why so sensitive about our Kobe comments?

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Not really. But even you have to admit Kobe's attempts at stat-padding are sometimes humorous. Not Ricky Davis or Andray Blatche funny, but amusing nonetheless.

Thing is i dont think it's stat padding. To be honest i just think it's ego that leads to bad shot selection. But others think it's stat padding ...can't say I know either way 100% ... But watching him his whole career and reading plenty on him I dont think he keeps track of his numbers or milestones ...but maybe he is full of shit.
I just hate when guys like Simmons make that assumption and speak like it's gospel. And to be honest I really don't care even if he did. I don't get why other fans do but I guess when you hate a player it bugs you...not me cuz Im not a numbers guy.If I watch Lebron go hard after a rebound to complete a triple double, it doesnt bug me. Sure it's not a "chuck" like Kobe but it is still stat padding.

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:20 AM
No one is saying Lebron is not a stat padder. I'll be the first to agree there.
The guy would kill for a triple double.

But Kobe is a stat padder. But its not his fault. His coach is an idiot.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Why so sensitive about our Kobe comments?

not sensitive, just don't get it. Stat padding should only bug you if you are ruled by stats. Being the stat guy you are, sure you can find one that punishes Kobe or any player for being a volume shooter. So why does their FGA's bother folks?

I guess for me I tend to stick up for the volume scorers that I respect. Rose, Westbrook, Ellis and Kobe are the ones I seem to defend on here that for some reason folks are always harping on their FGA's ... all 3 have horrid shot selection at times. But to me, they ALL do more to help than hurt their teams.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Portland should be adequately shamed to put a mud hole stomping on their very next opponent. And I'm gonna be there when it's walked dry.

This, I vow.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Thing is i dont think it's stat padding. To be honest i just think it's ego that leads to bad shot selection. But others think it's stat padding ...can't say I know either way 100% ... But watching him his whole career and reading plenty on him I dont think he keeps track of his numbers or milestones ...but maybe he is full of shit.
I just hate when guys like Simmons make that assumption and speak like it's gospel. And to be honest I really don't care even if he did. I don't get why other fans do but I guess when you hate a player it bugs you...not me cuz Im not a numbers guy.If I watch Lebron go hard after a rebound to complete a triple double, it doesnt bug me. Sure it's not a "chuck" like Kobe but it is still stat padding.

If you don't think he does, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course he'll be PC about it in the media and say he doesn't, but it's clearly evident from watching him play. I can't count how many times he's been in at the end of games that we're either impossible to win or lose simply for the purpose of putting up a few more points.

That said, doesn't bother me. I just find it amusing.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:30 AM
No one is saying Lebron is not a stat padder. I'll be the first to agree there.
The guy would kill for a triple double.

But Kobe is a stat padder. But its not his fault. His coach is an idiot.

Like I said I dont pretend to know the man, you may be right. What I am saying is that IMHO it's not the stats he is so focused on but the recognition (which feeds his massive ego). Let me give you 2 examples:

1. "not bad for the 7th best player on the NBA ..." Funny line but why the fuck does Kobe care where ESPN ranks him? Maybe a reporter fed that to him, and he did not seek it out but the fact that it bothered him and his FGA's are so high to me is not a coincidence. So to me he cares about his legacy more than the stats.

2. "I have got one more than Shaq ..." True. But after winning a hard fought 7 game series vs. the Celts I would of loved to hear that I have even the score 1-1. Or now it's 16-17 and Im looking to tie it soon ...

So i do think kobe is self centered and egotistical I just dont believe he is a stat padding whore. I think he is fiercely protective of his legacy and status.

Other examples:
1. I could beat Lebron 1 on1 (said this last year but reporter asked)
2. This team is still built around Me and Pau (pre-season) we eat first
3. Pau has settled as the third option Bynum because of his thirst to score is now our second option (after the mixed start this year)

Again ego, way overprotective of his "status" ...never mentions stats ...

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
not sensitive, just don't get it. Stat padding should only bug you if you are ruled by stats. Being the stat guy you are, sure you can find one that punishes Kobe or any player for being a volume shooter. So why does their FGA's bother folks?

I guess for me I tend to stick up for the volume scorers that I respect. Rose, Westbrook, Ellis and Kobe are the ones I seem to defend on here that for some reason folks are always harping on their FGA's ... all 3 have horrid shot selection at times. But to me, they ALL do more to help than hurt their teams.

The issue people have with volume scorers is that they seem incapable of playing a different role when their shot isn't falling. Kobe and Rose are the exceptions, however, as they have the ability to turn into facilitators if their shot is off (although it's a role Kobe refuses more often than not).

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:33 AM
If you don't think he does, I have a bridge to sell you. Of course he'll be PC about it in the media and say he doesn't, but it's clearly evident from watching him play. I can't count how many times he's been in at the end of games that we're either impossible to win or lose simply for the purpose of putting up a few more points.

That said, doesn't bother me. I just find it amusing.

Again not saying he doesnt chuck shots at the end of games , I just disagree on the motivation on the why. Again I cant prove I am right i am only basing it on what I have read and what I see. I dont know the man. Maybe he will write a honest tell all someday. But look at the quotes in the above post he is ALWAYS so protective of his "status" not his stats ...

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Like I said I dont pretend to know the man, you may be right. What I am saying is that IMHO it's not the stats he is so focused on but the recognition (which feeds his massive ego). Let me give you 2 examples:

1. "not bad for the 7th best player on the NBA ..." Funny line but why the fuck does Kobe care where ESPN ranks him? Maybe a reporter fed that to him, and he did not seek it out but the fact that it bothered him and his FGA's are so high to me is not a coincidence. So to me he cares about his legacy more than the stats.

2. "I have got one more than Shaq ..." True. But after winning a hard fought 7 game series vs. the Celts I would of loved to hear that I have even the score 1-1. Or now it's 16-17 and Im looking to tie it soon ...

So i do think kobe is self centered and egotistical I just dont believe he is a stat padding whore. I think he is fiercely protective of his legacy and status.

Other examples:
1. I could beat Lebron 1 on1
2. This team is still built around Me and Pau (paraphrasing) we eat first
3. Pau has settled as the third option Bynum becaus eof his thirst to score is now our second option

Again, ego over protective of his "status" ...never mentions stats ...

Mind you, its not like I want Kobe to stop shooting. Hell, I like the chucker. But the risk! 17 points ahead, 90 secs to go, and he stil on the court?
Aaah, and if he gets injured then? Mind you, as I said before, its not entirely his fault. His coach is an idiot.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:38 AM
And I freely admit like Chuck just said is the HUGE difference between Duncan and guys like shaq, Kobe, MJ, Karl etc. They always wanted to prove they could still score. Timmy could score more but even his prime never seemed fueled by scoring. his ego is the exact opposite of Kobe. Only knock on Tim in that regard is the PF bullshit, but I think that was just as much the FO than it was on Tim ...

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:39 AM

Other examples:
1. I could beat Lebron 1 on1
2. This team is still built around Me and Pau (paraphrasing) we eat first
3. Pau has settled as the third option Bynum becaus eof his thirst to score is now our second option

Again, ego over protective of his "status" ...never mentions stats ...

Mutually inclusive concepts. Statistical performances have an effect on how your legacy is perceived. You don't win the MVP without putting up great stats. You don't win the Finals MVP without doing so. If Pippen put up better numbers in the Finals than Jordan and won more Finals MVPs, it would change the legacy of both players. Or if Malone didn't play 50 years and reach 2nd place on the all-time scoring list, no one would consider him even in the argument for a top 15 player of all-time. But they do. Kobe understands this dynamic and it's why he pads.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:44 AM
And I freely admit like Chuck just said is the HUGE difference between Duncan and guys like shaq, Kobe, MJ, Karl etc. They always wanted to prove they could still score. Timmy could score more but even his prime never seemed fueled by scoring. his ego is the exact opposite of Kobe. Only knock on Tim in that regard is the PF bullshit, but I think that was just as much the FO than it was on Tim ...

That, and the Spurs' system in those days was the anti-thesis to big individual scoring.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Mutually inclusive concepts. Statistical performances have an effect on how your legacy is perceived. You don't win the MVP without putting up great stats. You don't win the Finals MVP without doing so. If Pippen put up better numbers in the Finals than Jordan and won more Finals MVPs, it would change the legacy of both players. Or if Malone didn't play 50 years and reach 2nd place on the all-time scoring list, no one would consider him even in the argument for a top 15 player of all-time. But they do. Kobe understands this dynamic and it's why he pads.

I'm not saying that he doesnt score to augment his legacy. We agree on this. I think the chase for 6 and the scoring numbers are ALL about cementing his legacy. Sure, he hates to lose and loves the Lakers ...but he SEEMS to love himself more. But what I am saying the number of shots he takes is because I think he believes his fade away 20 footer is more reliable than Pau on the low block, not because he wants to score a certain number of points. Because his ego is so big he believes if he shoots he will score regardless and that is the best way for them to win ...

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:47 AM
That, and the Spurs' system in those days was the anti-thesis to big individual scoring.

Fair enough, but Duncan just never seemed like he would be the type to say "if the big dog doesnt get fed, he wont guard the house" ... But Shaq ffreely admits he was a "scoring center"...

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm not saying that he doesnt score to augment his legacy. We agree on this. I think the chase for 6 and the scoring numbers are ALL about cementing his legacy. Sure, he hates to lose and loves the Lakers ...but he SEEMS to love himself more. But what I am saying the number of shots he takes is because I think he believes his fade away 20 footer is more reliable than Pau on the low block, not because he wants to score a certain number of points. Because his ego is so big he believes if he shoots he will score regardless and that is the best way for them to win ...

Can't argue with any of that. His fearlessness and conceit is what makes him so dangerous and volatile. A player who can bring you back from 15 down by himself or put you 15 down just the same.

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:57 AM
Fair enough, but Duncan just never seemed like he would be the type to say "if the big dog doesnt get fed, he wont guard the house" ... But Shaq ffreely admits he was a "scoring center"...

Duncan is simply a team basketball player first. For better or worse. Mostly for the better, but there's definitely times he needed to be more aggressive. That said, he's one of the best players at adapting his role to how the game is flowing.

tlongII
02-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the Lakers beat us last night. B - F - D! We get them in the Rose Garden one more time.

pass1st
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Tlong trying to hoist up the 1-sided rivalry again, thinking LAL considers that team a rival.

1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Spurs
4. Kings
10. Blazers

pass1st
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Tlong trying to hoist up the 1-sided rivalry again, thinking LAL considers that team a rival.

1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Spurs
4. Kings
10. Blazers

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Im not going to dismiss the Blazers since they beat our ass already this year. But to me good teams let alone CONTENDERS (not convinced we are one still) SHOULD win big games at home. Where the Lakers can PROVE to me they are legit contenders is by getting one of the two games on the DAL/OKC trip. Right now, DAL/OKC is probably the toughest back2back you can get in the NBA ...other contenders:

DAL/SA
MIA/ORL
LAL/LAC
DEN/POR
DEN/Utah

Lakers snag 1 or both (pipe dream) then I will say yes we are contenders. If we go 0-2 they are what I thought they were ...and middle of the pack playoff team.

And don't tell me regular season dont mean shit, TITLE contenders make a few statements in the regular season. Our 3 biggest, ALL have come at home. winning in boston with their full cast is the only legit road win we have all season ...

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
BTW, not saying those are the two toughest teams just saying that when you play on the road traditionally the NBA gives you those pairings as a potential back2back. Some are tough because of the crowd and some because of the talent of the teams. OKC/DAL has the best of both right now ...

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
^The DAL/OKC is a twin bridge affair. We must get both to cross over. After that we can blow the bridge.

A split and we're still on this side having to build again. A shut out and it's total loss.

Sportcamper
02-21-2012, 12:24 PM
T-Long…Sorry about the Oden update & waiting for the Blazers to catch a break…If the Lakers have a bad season or two its no big deal…Winning Championships year after year after year gets boring…Having to rebuild every decade or so is kind of fun to watch…But you guys are long over due for a Championship… :tu

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
^The DAL/OKC is a twin bridge affair. We must get both to cross over. After that we can blow the bridge.

A split and we're still on this side having to build again. A shut out and it's total loss.

Fair enough, but let's be real Cully a sweep maybe asking the impossible. OKC is a younger athletic team that loves to run. Westbrook will destroy Fisher/Blake and though Ron has had moments against Durant I dont think we are stopping him either. Then you factor in the fact our bench has been just passable at home and pathetic on the road.

Plus we will have had to play our big 3 major minutes to win at Dallas ... look I m not one for excuses. Other teams have won facing similar challenges ...heck our title teams would of been good for a sweep ...I just dont think this team has the stones or the talent for a sweep.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Fair enough, but let's be real Cully a sweep maybe asking the impossible. OKC is a younger athletic team that loves to run. Westbrook will destroy Fisher/Blake and though Ron has had moments against Durant I dont think we are stopping him either. Then you factor in the fact our bench has been just passable at home and pathetic on the road.

Plus we will have had to play our big 3 major minutes to win at Dallas ... look I m not one for excuses. Other teams have won facing similar challenges ...heck our title teams would of been good for a sweep ...I just dont think this team has the stones or the talent for a sweep.

I know. I don't either. But, if we could asshole it out in the Mavs game and win the day in Oklahoma we'd be completely upright once again.

Frankly, I thought we were gonna fuck it up last night.

Killakobe81
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
I know. I don't either. But, if we could asshole it out in the Mavs game and win the day in Oklahoma we'd be completely upright once again.

Frankly, I thought we were gonna fuck it up last night.

As did I, especially when MB sat on his TO's like PJ while the lead shrank. Phil could get away with that shit because he had skins on the wall. Brown should of managed that shit better ...I was disgusted.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
As did I, especially when MB sat on his TO's like PJ while the lead shrank. Phil could get away with that shit because he had skins on the wall. Brown should of managed that shit better ...I was disgusted.

He looked like me on my Lazy Boy,,,scared to death, to even move. Like a gd nightmare was happening before my eyes. I thought: "oh, shit, I have to go into that Forum and face it if this goes topsy turvy."