PDA

View Full Version : I'm drinking to a great spurs and ST season so far !

Brazil
02-21-2012, 12:20 AM
I have to confess that my expectation before the beginning of the season was quite low after the Grizz kicked our ass and the lock out drama. I was just looking for enjoying one of the big 3 last run and seeing the young guns development.

But so far this season exceed by far my expectations.

The team is playing some great bb, I'm loving to see Leonard, Neal, Green, Tiago playing hard every night with Tim and TP. I do hope Manu will be back soon to enjoy the journey ! I don't know if this team has what it takes to have a great PO run but at least they are giving hope which is huge if you consider our situation after last year first round exit.

And for ST... well it has been also a very pleasant surprise, the ST forum is bringing the goods and IMO it has a lot to do with timvp come back. Without him he was not the same tbh.

:toast to the spurs
:toast to timvp
:toast to spurs fans

and a special for Sequ... here we go Sequ :toast

GSH
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
They have been fun to watch - and they're winning. Hard to beat that.

And, yeah, I feel like I'm getting my proper daily dose of Spurs knowledge again. Timvp has been digging out some great stuff.

Brazil
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
They have been fun to watch - and they're winning. Hard to beat that.

And, yeah, I feel like I'm getting my proper daily dose of Spurs knowledge again. Timvp has been digging out some great stuff.

BTW you are also bringing some very interesting takes and analysis ! it is a pleasure to read you

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm drinking to another Tuesday morning at work! Here's to having a boss that never checks this coffee mug or my breath too closely!

xellos88330
02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Stay thirsty my friend!

hater
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Spurs have still no more than 5% chance at the title IMO. Title is the Cheat's to lose

EVAY
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I have to confess that my expectation before the beginning of the season was quite low after the Grizz kicked our ass and the lock out drama. I was just looking for enjoying one of the big 3 last run and seeing the young guns development.

The team is playing some great bb, I'm loving to see Leonard, Neal, Green, Tiago playing hard every night with Tim and TP. I do hope Manu will be back soon to enjoy the journey ! I don't know if this team has what it takes to have a great PO run but at least they are giving hope which is huge if you consider our situation after last year first round exit.

And for ST... well it has been also a very pleasant surprise, the ST forum is bringing the goods and IMO it has a lot to do with timvp come back. Without him he was not the same tbh.

I'll drink to all of that!!

As for a Playoff run...I am one of the folks here that believe that the product is more important in the regular season than in the post season. I know all the stuff about the 'real season' not beginning until after the regular season is over, but that is not where it is to me.

I spent 12 seasons paying through the nose for expensive season tickets and then paying again for playoff seats. During that time, I felt that way too often the coaches and players were focused only on the post season, and that those of us filling up the AlamoDome and then the AT&T center every night during the regular season weren't getting the best the team had to offer, because they were always focused on something later. This year, after the lockout, I think they know that it was/is super important to put as good a product as they can in front of the folks who pay so much on a regular basis.

So I'm glad to see them playing their hearts out now. If they don't make it too far in the playoffs, that doesn't diminish what they are doing now, imho.

Live (and drink?) for today!!

EVAY
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
If you think about it, it is still hard to see us beating OK, Chicago, or Miami in a 7 game series. So, if that is true, why not leave it all out on the court now? Win what you can when you can.

xellos88330
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
If you think about it, it is still hard to see us beating OK, Chicago, or Miami in a 7 game series. So, if that is true, why not leave it all out on the court now? Win what you can when you can.

I actually think the Spurs match up well with OKC. The X-Factor for that series would be Harden, not the interior bigs. Miami could be tough and same with Chicago.

Mel_13
02-21-2012, 02:48 PM

:toast

Nicely said, Brazil.

"Enjoy the journey" is excellent advice for fans of the Spurs.

z0sa
02-21-2012, 02:49 PM
:toast to all fellow Spurs fans! I'll be getting my drink on tonight! :drunk

Brazil
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
:toast to all fellow Spurs fans! I'll be getting my drink on tonight! :drunk

:lol after yesterday drinking I needed a :wakeup this morning !

Brazil
02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Stay thirsty my friend!

exactly, like the most interesting guy in the world is saying.

XX

jjktkk
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Salute. :toast