PDA

View Full Version : LOL Marshmelow Returns Knicks Lose

Calispursfan11
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
So regaining Marshmelo, one of the apparent best SFs and best pure scorers in the league results in losing to the Nets!? LOL. He's worthless. Not even the legendary Linsanity can withstand his negative effects. I feel sorry for the Knicks and the bursting of the Linsanity bubble now that big brother (and getting BIGGER by the minute) has resurfaced to rain on the parade. Time to trade det a$$ now before it's too late!

DMC
02-21-2012, 12:48 AM
They need Melo if they expect to advance in the playoffs. The team has to develop chemistry, otherwise it's just going to be regular season shit.

He's overrated, sure, but he's also a potent weapon. Gotta give him time to get acclimated again, just like how Manu played like shit for 2 games.

Calispursfan11
02-21-2012, 12:50 AM
They need Melo if they expect to advance in the playoffs. The team has to develop chemistry, otherwise it's just going to be regular season shit.

He's overrated, sure, but he's also a potent weapon. Gotta give him time to get acclimated again, just like how Manu played like shit for 2 games.

Ok, but how do you explain the Knicks actually becoming worse when Melo arrived continuing from last season through the present?

pass1st
02-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Ok, but how do you explain the Knicks actually becoming worse when Melo arrived continuing from last season through the present?

The team is very different with Melo in, for all his faults, Knicks can be much better if Melo and Lin play together well.

DMC
02-21-2012, 12:53 AM

I don't need to explain that as it's not part of the point you were making.

You were saying that Melo's first game back is an indicator of things to come, and it's historically inaccurate to say that.

Notice Lin had 3 turnovers only. He wasn't the only thing on offense.

If the Knicks can keep him involved and still get Melo open looks, they are golden. 1-5, no team in the league has their strength on offense, no one. Pretty decent defense too considering Amare and Chandler in the paint.

Calispursfan11
02-21-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't need to explain that as it's not part of the point you were making.

You were saying that Melo's first game back is an indicator of things to come, and it's historically inaccurate to say that.

Notice Lin had 3 turnovers only. He wasn't the only thing on offense.

If the Knicks can keep him involved and still get Melo open looks, they are golden. 1-5, no team in the league has their strength on offense, no one. Pretty decent defense too considering Amare and Chandler in the paint.

Ok, so you're saying they're going to be better with Carmelo AND Lin in, even though they stunk with everyone minus Lin. Okay, it's possible, but if Carmelo is as destructive to team chemistry as he seems, he could actually be worse for the team regardless of his individual ability. You're assuming chemistry will happen and evderyone will gel now. Melo couldn't share the Court with Amare. Why do you think he's going to be able to share it with Lin and Amare? I have my doubts about your prediction because it contains the assumption of team unity. You can't predict that's going to work out.

rayjayjohnson
02-21-2012, 01:38 AM
D-Will showed Lin what a real PG is

pass1st
02-21-2012, 01:42 AM
D-Will showed Lin what a real SG is

Fify

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 01:47 AM
D-Will showed Lin what a real PG is

Lin still played well. Cut the TOs down this game and was 3 boards and 1 dime shy of triple double.

DMC
02-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Ok, so you're saying they're going to be better with Carmelo AND Lin in, even though they stunk with everyone minus Lin. Okay, it's possible, but if Carmelo is as destructive to team chemistry as he seems, he could actually be worse for the team regardless of his individual ability. You're assuming chemistry will happen and evderyone will gel now. Melo couldn't share the Court with Amare. Why do you think he's going to be able to share it with Lin and Amare? I have my doubts about your prediction because it contains the assumption of team unity. You can't predict that's going to work out.

I didn't make a prediction. I said they would have to find chemistry with Melo if they want to advance in the playoffs.

Melo is one of the best players in the league. It's counter-intuitive to think the team is better without him, and for good reason. Lin distributes the ball very well, and with more offensive talent on the floor, Lin can drive the lane and find his guys open looks or just finish.

It's not going to develop overnight. Don't make a call based on one game. Had they won tonight because D-Will stunk it up, would your opinion be different considering the Knicks played the same? Lin had good numbers.

m>s
02-21-2012, 10:04 AM
however melo always among the best performers on the national team which puzzles me tbh

hater
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
however melo always among the best performers on the national team which puzzles me tbh

he's a lazy fuck that likes to be spoon fed

Brazil
02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Melo is a great player, I blame d'Antoni (see DoK thread) to not know how to use him or Amare... These two are having their worst career season ever... it is no coincidence.

DMC
02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Melo is a great player, I blame d'Antoni (see DoK thread) to not know how to use him or Amare... These two are having their worst career season ever... it is no coincidence.
Melo has great talent, he's not yet a great player. He's too fucking content just being in the NBA and having a name to give a shit about rings.

JR3
02-22-2012, 01:19 PM
trade melo for dwight howard.

DMC
02-22-2012, 06:05 PM
trade melo for dwight howard.
Trade Lebron for Shumpert.

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2012, 06:18 PM

You're right, it probably isn't a coincidence. Playing without Steve Nash in each other's primes probably has something to do with it in Amare's case. Amare, a scorer, leaves the Suns who always had a great PG feeding him throughout his time in PHX, joins Melo, another scorer who demands many shots.

PHX: Great PG, Amare consistently main scoring threat on the team

NYK: Less than solid PG, Amare + Carmelo Anthony, +injured during this Lin stretch

It's really not a coincidence. I think D'Antoni is probably doing some similar things, but the situation is much different compared to Amare's days in Phoenix.

Brazil
02-22-2012, 07:06 PM
You're right, it probably isn't a coincidence. Playing without Steve Nash in each other's primes probably has something to do with it in Amare's case. Amare, a scorer, leaves the Suns who always had a great PG feeding him throughout his time in PHX, joins Melo, another scorer who demands many shots.

PHX: Great PG, Amare consistently main scoring threat on the team

NYK: Less than solid PG, Amare + Carmelo Anthony, +injured during this Lin stretch

It's really not a coincidence. I think D'Antoni is probably doing some similar things, but the situation is much different compared to Amare's days in Phoenix.

This is indeed the whole issue, Danto is not capable to adapt his game plan to the material he has. He cannot run Phx system with this roster, I'm pretty sure contracting Chandler was not his idea, he would have preferred some Channing Frye to go with Amare.