PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Jazz - Feb. 20

timvp
02-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Another game, another hard fought win for the Spurs. Despite digging a few holes along the way, the Spurs went to Salt Lake City and came away with a 106-102 victory over the Jazz.

Early on, nothing was going right for San Antonio. They couldn't keep the Jazz out of the paint and grabbing any miss was a struggle. Thankfully, the Spurs caught fire from beyond the arc near the end of the first quarter to keep things close.

In the second quarter, the defense kicked in. The Jazz were held scoreless for four minutes, which allowed the Spurs to turn an eight-point deficit into a one-point lead. However, things fell apart in the third. The Jazz went on a 13-0 run to start the period and went up by as many as 11 points.

But these never-say-die Spurs battled back and tied the game going into the final stanza. In the fourth, neither team led by more than four points until Richard Jefferson hit the clinching three-pointer with six seconds left to give S.A. a five-point advantage.

Once again, the Spurs could have easily folded a number of times. And once again, they just kept scratching and clawing until they put the finishing touches on their 11th straight victory. While it wasn't always aesthetically pleasing, I loved the heart and composure the team illustrated throughout.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/nzg411.jpg
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2rmy1zt.jpg

Tim Duncan A-
I thought this was quietly one of Tim Duncan's best games of the season, all things considered. The Jazz threw an endless brigade of physical bigmen at Duncan yet he just kept battling and battling and battling. On offense, while those aforementioned bigs kept Duncan away from his go-to spots on the court, he still authored timely points when the Spurs needed him most. In pick-and-rolls, he was doing a better job than usual of finding open space. And with as much hacking as the Jazz were doing, it's a minor miracle he had only one turnover. Defensively, Duncan was also strong. Al Jefferson got his points but Duncan slowed him down enough while also constantly protecting the rim. Utah arguably has the most talented group of bigmen in the league yet Duncan powered his team to victory despite not having any size next to him to help carry the load. Job well done.

Tony Parker A
Tony Parker's consistency and poise from possession to possession was magnificent tonight. No matter the time or score, he kept creating good shot after good shot. Parker's sticktoitiveness is the main reason why the Spurs were able to continue to bounce back and, ultimately, get the win. His playmaking out of pick-and-roll sets was special and his defense was very good in the second half; Jazz point guards only had two field goals in the final two quarters. This season, there have only been ten games in which a player has at least 20 points, ten assists and ten free throw attempts while on the road. Three of those ten games are Parker's last three outings.

Richard Jefferson D+
For the first 44 minutes of the game, Richard Jefferson was horrible. Defensively, he was a turnstile. He had one good block but he was otherwise a mess. Offensively, he was 0-for-4. To the shock of probably even Jefferson himself, Pop went back to him to close out the game -- and Jefferson actually delivered. First he hit a long two-pointer to put the Spurs up by four points with 3:47 remaining. Then he got a steal in transition with the team only up by two with 1:46 left. Finally, his dagger three-pointer with six seconds remaining was the game's biggest shot. While Jefferson didn't come close to completely redeeming his poor play, it's undeniable that he was huge down the stretch.

DeJuan Blair C+
The good: DeJuan Blair scored efficiently around the basket. His post defense was surprisingly good. He drew a pair of charges and was a lot more alert than normal regarding his team defense responsibilities. The bad: Blair still isn't rebounding -- two defensive boards in 27 minutes is unacceptable. Even worse, he wasn't even boxing out his man. His transition defense also left a lot to be desired. On offense, sloppiness led to four turnovers and a couple other miscues. Overall, Blair seemed more mentally engaged than usual and his effort was commendable, however he really needs to clean up his game and get back to rebounding if he's going to truly be an asset.

Danny Green D
Danny Green just never found any sort of rhythm. On defense, he was placed on a lot of different Jazz players but he had little impact. Green had trouble navigating around screens and wasn't doing a particularly good job of staying in front of his man. Offensively, he didn't get many touches and made questionable decisions when he did get his hands on the rock. Add in a turnover that led to a dunk and a couple bad fouls and it was definitely a night to forget.

Matt Bonner A-
Matt Bonner took being Matt Bonner to an extreme tonight. Bonner is known for his three-point shooting: he drilled 5-of-6 from deep. Bonner is known for being weak on the glass: he had one rebound in 31 minutes. Bonner is known for disappearing when the times get tough: he didn't even attempt a shot in the final 17 minutes of the game despite having 20 points up until that point. Beyond Bonner being Bonner, I was really pleased with his defense on the low block. He was physical, held his ground and avoided cheap fouls. And even though he wasn't rebounding, he was boxing out to the best of his abilities. The Spurs are now 11-1 all-time when Bonner has at least five three-pointers.

Gary Neal B
For the second straight game, three-pointers were kinder to Gary Neal than two-pointers. He's 8-for-16 on threes in those two games and only 1-for-11 on twos. Despite his overall struggles from the field, I thought Neal was a net positive. On defense, outside of a few mistakes, he was much better than usual. I liked his effort on the boards throughout. Offensively, he had a couple ugly turnovers and he was having trouble dribbling against Utah's aggressive defenders … but he stayed aggressive and kept competing.

Kawhi Leonard B+
On offense, Kawhi Leonard grabbed offensive rebounds and pushed the pace a few times. Other than that, he wasn't of much help. But defense was a different story. He was a disruptive force all night long. Leonard had numerous deflections and he was successfully playing the passing lanes. The rookie leading the team in rebounding while limiting his mistakes in a hostile environment shows very good growth.

James Anderson A-
Considering James Anderson hadn't played a meaningful minute in two weeks, he was much better than expected. He entered the game and went straight to work. It would have been understandable if he was passive but instead the opposite was true. He stepped on the court and acted like he belonged from his first seconds on the court. For a deep bench player, Anderson is proving to be quite useful.

Cory Joseph B+
When Pop put Cory Joseph in the game, I thought he was crazy. Utah is a tough place to play. Earl Watson is arguably the best defensive backup point guard in the league. Despite those obstacles, Joseph produced. It wasn't pretty but you can't argue with the results: he had three assists in four minutes and each of his three assists resulted in three-pointers by Bonner.

Pop A-
Without Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter and TJ Ford, Pop was still able to put together a workable rotation. He avoided small ball and instead kept his lineups as big as possible, which was important against these paint-oriented Jazz. Pop's decision to put in Joseph worked out. Pop's decision to put a struggling Jefferson back into the game paid off. Going to Anderson provided a bit of a spark. Playing Neal and Leonard extended minutes was the right call. The only thing I can second guess are the 38 minutes Duncan played. Then again, if Pop doesn't it play him that many minutes, the Spurs likely don't win.

Spursfanfromafar
02-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks!

"Sticktoitiveness" >> "Relentlessness".

jjktkk
02-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the writeup and grades Tim. :tu

Robz4000
02-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Never get tired of reading these, timvp! Only reason I'm not asleep yet, tbh. Can't argue with most of the grades, though there are some that could be altered. I'd give RJ a C for actually being clutch for a change and cementing a win. Blair should get a B- at least for playing with more intensity, as well as being a bit smarter with his shots (though he still made dumb mistakes). Considering Splitter was out he definitely stepped it up for the team.

Arcadian
02-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Really, a D+ for Jefferson? He had three huge plays in the clutch. That alone is worth at least a C. With all the negativity surrounding this guy, it's easy to evaluate him with a biased eye.

ElNono
02-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the writeup!

I don't understand RJ sometimes. He just hit his first three pointer, and a possession or two later he passed up a wide open 3 to pass to Neal who was covered and allowed Utah to recover. I'm not done yelling at the motherfucker and he nails the game winner.

I'm glad Bonner was hitting, because we really don't have anybody else to play. Even though he was being murdered in the 1st half while paired with Blair, once Pop played him with Tim, he did a good job.

tbh, wouldn't surprise me if Pop sits TD or TP or both for tomorrow's game. I expect to see Anderson playing more. Even dropping the next game or two, this RRT has been basically a success.

Fireball
02-21-2012, 03:12 AM
This RRT has been basically a success.

If this is "basically" a succesful RRT because of the injuries to Manu and Tiago, then you are right. If you do not mean that, I don't know what you expect out of this team :bang

Darkwaters
02-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Thanks LJ. I appreciate you staying up late to write this for us.

As per the norm, your contributions are well received. :toast

Darkwaters
02-21-2012, 03:39 AM
tbh, wouldn't surprise me if Pop sits TD or TP or both for tomorrow's game. I expect to see Anderson playing more. Even dropping the next game or two, this RRT has been basically a success.

I tend to agree. It's hard to mail a game in while you're on an eleven game streak, but tomorrow is going to be tough. Down Splitter, Ginobili and Ford while on the back end of a back-to-back with Duncan and Parker both having logged nearly 40 minutes the night before.... Wow. The odds just look horrible.

Maybe you wave the white flag on this one, get Cory Joseph, James Anderson and even Eric Dawson some burn, and then round out the trip with a win in Denver on the 23rd. 8-1 ain't bad at all. Hell, 7-2 isn't either.

roycrikside
02-21-2012, 03:47 AM
D too kind to Green tbh, he was terrible out there on both ends.

More and more Leonard reminds me of a young Pistons-era Dennis Rodman. He's even doing that thing now where he gets the offensive rebound in the lane and doesn't even think about shooting it, he just dribbles it back out and hands it to Tony.

Defensively he's very good too. Once in a while he'll get lost on a screen, but in iso situations he's tough to score on.

If we can't trade for another big, my "wishful thinking" scenario is Pop experimenting with Leonard as the de-facto 4th big, taking Blair's spot in the rotation. I think Leonard can play post defense better than Blair and definitely rebound better in his own end. Keep the Tiago-Bonner tandem intact and play Leonard with Duncan and see what happens. I think a Duncan-Leonard-Green-Ginobili-Parker quintet could be real good on both ends.

dylankerouac
02-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Yeah, they kept attacking Tim and Tim got the best of some of those encounters. I really wish the team had one other active player that isn't injured that they could rely on for a post game on the offensive glass. Though, I think if Tim created a new go-to move he could probably draw more double teams and hopefully get an assist.

Tony Parker is playing lights out. Unfortunately, it feels as if Manu's injury has allowed Parker to flourish. If the team had been planning on keeping Parker all along this was going to need to be handled. He's the youngest of the Big 3 and it almost seems like the Spurs have been hesitant to give him the car keys or he was unsure of what to do when he got in the driver seat. He has repeatedly come up cluctch in fourth quarters this season. His fourth quarter statistics must be really good. If he's had enough time on the floor and is warmed up he can go lights out in the fourth.

RJ came up super huge. This was an interesting turn of events, I don't remember the last time I saw Jefferson in the last 6 minutes of the fourth that wasn't in mop up duty. It's great that he excelled because he hasn't been asked to by Pop.

"The good: DeJuan Blair scored efficiently around the basket. His post defense was surprisingly good. He drew a pair of charges and was a lot more alert than normal regarding his team defense responsibilities. The bad: Blair still isn't rebounding -- two defensive boards in 27 minutes is unacceptable. Even worse, he wasn't even boxing out his man. His transition defense also left a lot to be desired. On offense, sloppiness led to four turnovers and a couple other miscues. Overall, Blair seemed more mentally engaged than usual and his effort was commendable, however he really needs to clean up his game and get back to rebounding if he's going to truly be an asset. "

I completely agree with him being more alert than normal. This is likely because Tiago Splitter is out and Dejuan Blair was making his pitch that he can shoulder some of TS's minutes instead of asking someone else to do it. It shows he's hungry and not ready to be forgotten. He used some of his post game, which I thought was impressive, mostly because he had some success. I'm guessing Pop is going to play DB if his first 20 minutes are good. Hopefully DB can keep playing like this and he can show the Spurs organization that he has other offensive abilities that he can bring to the team with this potential increase in minutes.

I don't remember Danny getting called/delivering in many key moments of the game so I would say he had a quiet game though he had a nice block next to Tim (happened too fast to realize what happened though, so there's a compliment).

Matt Bonner had his assassin skills on display and delivered a show. If he could be a player like this all the time, he'd be deadly. He'd also be shooting 83% on threes so that isn't likely but we can dream right. He would probably play like this more often if he was more interested in playing basketball than worried about playing within a system. Is he too tense? Just play the game.

Gary Neal had that sweet three at the end of the quarter iirc. There should have been a foul called. Great job Gary.

I think the spurs should purposely call a play or two for Kawhi that are not spot-up 3s every game so he can have one or two plays in the game where he is allowed to make a mistake and attempt an offensive drive or involved in a pick-and-roll with someone that may actually pass (still love ya Tony), or post-up (isn't this a strength too?). Just let him choose the play and run it once or twice a game. If this team is to become as deadly as it can than it should see what the team can tap regarding his driving, pick, and posting abilities. They have not been tested yet and what better time than an NBA season. I haven't seen anything like this happen and the team should be trying to nourish the highest draft pick since Tim Duncan.

James Anderson played great in his limited minutes. When I saw him he was aggressive and driving, just playing his game waiting to get hot.

Cory Joseph. The beauty behind the decision for the Spurs to finally get a true backup point guard (sorry TJ). In the past teams would double the back-up point guard and what would happen? This time CJ made them play by not turning the ball over and dishing out the assists. As I recall, each assist was caused by a double team. It will be interesting to see if Utah makes this mistake when we play them again.

Pop. At first I thought Pop did not play Eric Dawson because he was petty and mad at Tiago. But, after seeing DB being what I thought to be, more energetic and finding you saw the same thing I think he did it more for Blair, who could say he was making a case. Maybe he made a few too many mistakes but remember, there should be some expectation that he is nervous about this opportunity. I for one would like to be patient and let Blair have an opportunity tomorrow to show what he can bring. Maybe give Tim the whole night off and give DB the green light and see if he can fly. Don't quit on it too quickly, remember some players take a while to get hot and the good ones get hot in the fourth. If he makes mistakes he should be given time to make adjustments and play from there, it's not like he's starting off with an advantage but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to play the game the way he knows how.

BoricuaCJA
02-21-2012, 04:11 AM
We can not explain how much we love your post game grades. Taking the time out of your day(night) to do these grades and posting them the night of the game. Thank you very much for the grades b/c it helps people like myself who weren't able to watch the game for assorted of reasons, to know what happen in the game and how players played. THANKS AGAIN!

xapatan2
02-21-2012, 05:57 AM
We can not explain how much we love your post game grades. Taking the time out of your day(night) to do these grades and posting them the night of the game. Thank you very much for the grades b/c it helps people like myself who weren't able to watch the game for assorted of reasons, to know what happen in the game and how players played. THANKS AGAIN!

a nice resume of my thoughts
Thanks Timvp !

Xap'

Manu-of-steel
02-21-2012, 07:08 AM
I haven't watched the game. But after reading timvp's take, it's like i was able to watch it. Thanks timvp.

Spursfanfromafar
02-21-2012, 07:25 AM
While this win was tremendous and a testament to the Spurs' team work - the next game, I expect Tim Duncan to be rested. And I still expect that the Spurs have more than a chance of winning. For one, LaMarcus Aldridge is coming off a recent injury and was lackadaisical against the Lakers. And Marcus Camby is as much prone to a case of fatigue and bad legs as much as Tim Duncan is. So it is going to be the Frail blazers featuring some small ball versus the Spurs' version of small ball. Not going to be easy for the Blazers, IMO.

SpurNation
02-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I tend to agree. It's hard to mail a game in while you're on an eleven game streak, but tomorrow is going to be tough. Down Splitter, Ginobili and Ford while on the back end of a back-to-back with Duncan and Parker both having logged nearly 40 minutes the night before.... Wow. The odds just look horrible.

Maybe you wave the white flag on this one, get Cory Joseph, James Anderson and even Eric Dawson some burn, and then round out the trip with a win in Denver on the 23rd. 8-1 ain't bad at all. Hell, 7-2 isn't either.

It actually will be interesting to see how far and deep playing newbies and second year players will carry. Agree...give Parker and Duncan the rest.

ManuTastic
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Love the grades/comments as usual. I was surprised to see Cory Joseph's good grade, since I thought he looked terrible at first, but can't argue with the results.

I wonder if you could add some sort of rating or commentary on the strength of the opponent in your write-ups. (You know, with all your spare time :) Obviously the success/failure of our boys is somewhat dependent on the other team, so it would be good to note that, e.g., Utah has been struggling lately or whatever. Might help those of us who don't keep up with the entire league as much as we'd like.

silverblackfan
02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Great write up, as usual. I have to rely on the game grades to get the whole story, as I am out of town (Mardi GRAS). Thanks a bunch timvp.

jag
02-21-2012, 09:01 AM
RJ looked crazy as hell after he hit that shot. Those were some of the most manly emotions I've ever seen from Richard. It was somewhere between a hood ass gangster and an angry Rupal.

wildbill2u
02-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks!

"Sticktoitiveness" >> "Relentlessness".

"Gritty Rockpounders"

These guys ain't pretty and they're out-manned most of the time with teams with more stars or "better" players and more experience--but damn it they won't quit pounding the rock.

And Pop's coaching decisions are getting scary good. He puts in Joseph and Anderson after neither has played much lately and they provide some needed rest and help. He puts in a useless Jefferson at the end and RJ gets the eye of the tiger all of a sudden.

How does Pop know when to do these things? He's been a Wizzard all season. Has he made a pact with the Devil?

Keepin' it real
02-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Richard Jefferson D+
That's a very harsh grade for a player who basically won the game for the Spurs in crunch time with his three big plays down the stretch. I would easily give him a B for that.

DeJuan Blair C+
I think anytime we can get 15 point from Blair on 60+ percent shooting, that should put him no lower than in the B range, and we should be happy about that kind of offensive output. The four paltry rebounds are a negative, no doubt, but not enough to grade him down to a C+. I say B ... or a B- if grading harshly.

acoelho1
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
As horrible as RJ played most of the night, he did hit 2 huge shots at the end so deserves at least a C+.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the grades.

This team amazes me at almost every game. They are without Ginobili, Splitter and Ford, down 10 in the third quarter after 13-0 run on the road against Utah. The safe bet at that point was Spurs losing this game. But they fight back and win this game. They are just displaying a great collective mental strength.

After last year season, it's hard to be overly enthusiastic over regular season success but Spurs are looking really good and they are damn fun to watch.

wildbill2u
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the grades.

This team amazes me at almost every game. They are without Ginobili, Splitter and Ford, down 10 in the third quarter after 13-0 run on the road against Utah. The safe bet at that point was Spurs losing this game. But they fight back and win this game. They are just displaying a great collective mental strength.

After last year season, it's hard to be overly enthusiastic over regular season success but Spurs are looking really good and they are damn fun to watch.

This morning on NBATV Charles Barkley said, "Pop is proving again that he is the best coach in the NBA."

said7
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Shocking what RJ has become. He basically has 1 value, spot up wide open shooter. Grow a sac bro.

Your telling me he just forgot how to play basketball?

Spurminator
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
This season, there have only been ten games in which a player has at least 20 points, ten assists and ten free throw attempts while on the road. Three of those ten games are Parker's last three outings.

:lol Who's your contact at Elias Sports Bureau?

Spurminator
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
This season, there have only been ten games in which a player has at least 20 points, ten assists and ten free throw attempts while on the road. Three of those ten games are Parker's last three outings.

Mel_13
02-21-2012, 10:47 AM

FYI-the research tools at basketball-reference.com are really good:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=2012&year_max=2012&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=R&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=ast&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=fta&c3comp=gt&c3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

ElNono
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
If this is "basically" a succesful RRT because of the injuries to Manu and Tiago, then you are right. If you do not mean that, I don't know what you expect out of this team :bang

What I mean is the Spurs can drop the next two and it would still be a success record-wise. Frankly, both Tiago and Manu should be back by the time the RRT is done, so no big deal.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 10:50 AM
This morning on NBATV Charles Barkley said, "Pop is proving again that he is the best coach in the NBA."

Yeah, Pop should be coach of the year this season.

When you look at Spurs roster and the injuries they have had, it's a team that isn't as talented than a lot of other teams. Having that record with that team, has a lot to do with the system/coaching.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
The bad: Blair still isn't rebounding -- two defensive boards in 27 minutes is unacceptable. Even worse, he wasn't even boxing out his man.

Yeah, the play in the second quarter when he let Kanter scored on the put back was especially horrible.

Spurminator
02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
FYI-the research tools at basketball-reference.com are really good:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=2012&year_max=2012&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=R&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=20&c2stat=ast&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=fta&c3comp=gt&c3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=date_game

Damn, I'm never going to get any work done now. I love that site but never knew about this.

Thanks.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the writeup!

I don't understand RJ sometimes. He just hit his first three pointer, and a possession or two later he passed up a wide open 3 to pass to Neal who was covered and allowed Utah to recover. I'm not done yelling at the motherfucker and he nails the game winner.

Did you notice at the ensuing time out Jefferson was basically apologizing to his teammates for doing that? I think he just had a brain fart, it happens. Or, maybe, he didn't feel he caught it cleanly. Who knows.

He came up big later in any case. That three was a COLD dagger. Did you see him strut up the court afterwards like a pimp saying "ain't no thing", until Parker and Duncan just slammed into him? It was quite a moment.

Xevious
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the grades.

This team amazes me at almost every game.
Same here. Especially that Clipper game. I rarely get to watch games live so I dvr them when I can't. My dvr literally cut off right when Gary Neal turned the ball over in the final seconds with the Spurs down by three. So I just blew it off... nine in a row is a good run, especially when most of those games were on the road. I didn't actually check the box score until a few hours later. Boy was I surprised. :lol

TD 21
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
The only thing I can second guess are the 38 minutes Duncan played. Then again, if Pop doesn't it play him that many minutes, the Spurs likely don't win.

He had to do it, though. They have to get wins when they can right now and of the three teams remaining on this trip, this was probably the one they most needed Duncan for. I'd much rather he play 38 and win than play 34 and lose. Playing Duncan and Parker heavy minutes isn't the worst case scenario; playing them heavy minutes and losing is. If they don't have it tonight, it makes sense to pull the plug early and empty the bench.

I wouldn't be overly concerned though. They've kept Duncan's minutes down all season. Parker, to this point, has shown no signs of slowing down. Also, they don't play a ton of games over the next couple of weeks and by then, all three of the injured players should be back. Then they can go back to manically managing Duncan's and Parker's minutes.

ElNono
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
He came up big later in any case. That three was a COLD dagger. Did you see him strut up the court afterwards like a pimp saying "ain't no thing", until Parker and Duncan just slammed into him? It was quite a moment.

I think he was looking forward to getting humped from behind, but I might be wrong :lol

Thompson
02-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Was RJ's foot on the line or something? I thought he hit two 3's.

Manufan909
02-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Did you notice at the ensuing time out Jefferson was basically apologizing to his teammates for doing that? I think he just had a brain fart, it happens. Or, maybe, he didn't feel he caught it cleanly. Who knows.

For the love of God someone make a gif of this.

dbestpro
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Just don't get the Joseph love. Almost always when he is in the game things go south. Bonner was hot and is the only reason Joseph had any decent stats. There is a reason Pop had to go to Neal and Green to run the backup point.

BackHome
02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Usually agree with the grades but Cory Joseph/Smiley sucks at best he should be a D. Can't wait until he goes back to the D-Leauge.........