PDA

View Full Version : Still no Ginobili...Still winning?

SpurNation
02-21-2012, 07:28 AM
:stirpot:

Would you trade him if it landed another quality big which shores up the front line being others in the perimeter are stepping up and being shown to doing fine without him in the back court?

Myself...not sure...one of my favorites...but seeing what the Spurs have manifested to do sans Ginobili might warrant what once was an unthinkable idea. Then again...maybe not.

pgardn
02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Watch what happens to Parker in the playoffs without him and another PG.

I cant imagine what this board would do to Gary Neal and Green after they were forced to handle the ball under heavy pressure every play. You will find Parker on the floor at the end of every quarter when a team has fouls to give during a series. Any team with a coach who wants to win a playoff series would have Parker mugged. Its diff. when you dont see the same team again for a while like the reg. season.

Halberto
02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Watch what happens to Parker in the playoffs without him and another PG.

I cant imagine what this board would do to Gary Neal and Green after they were forced to handle the ball under heavy pressure every play. You will find Parker on the floor at the end of every quarter when a team has fouls to give during a series. Any team with a coach who wants to win a playoff series would have Parker mugged. Its diff. when you dont see the same team again for a while like the reg. season.

:rolleyes

go sit in the corner dumbass

jgome21
02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Honestly, I'd be open to trade Manu at this point, but it would have to be for a quality big. Neal and Green have been holding up great thus far and wit TJ coming back, hopefully soon, we'll have more depth at PG. Manu's been hurt since like 07 and isn't reliable. Our team's playn great without him, so I'd listen to a few offers if they were to come our way.

Keepin' it real
02-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Honestly, I'd be open to trade Manu at this point

I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh. Of course you're open to trading him now. It seems that Manu can no longer stay healthy and contribute. But if you were another team's GM, why on earth would you want to trade for him, given that it seems he can no longer stay healthy and contribute.

Don't get me wrong, if I were a GM, I would entertain the idea of trading for Manu, but I would offer little in return because I would be the one taking the risk. In other words, the trade would be lopsided in favor of the other team, not the Spurs.

hater
02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Green > Manu

02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
it is troubling that the spurs are so good without ginobili. but if they wanted to trade him, it should have been before the season. no one will take a chance now that ginobili got injured again. i really don't know if he'll ever be healthy again for a significant stretch. since 2007, he's never been fully healthy in the playoffs.

Bonner4MVPzz
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
As much as I love Manu,I think if it helps the team in the end, we should do it. Parkers in his prime so hopefully come playoffs he'll get over the hump and play MVP ball. Manus on the far end of his career and the injuries are surely to pile up from here on out. :depressed:depressed

hater
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
:stirpot:

Would you trade him if it landed another quality big which shores up the front line being others in the perimeter are stepping up and being shown to doing fine without him in the back court?.

That's the realization I came up with, after the Clippers game.

Manu is done. Time to send him in a package for a big that will help us advance in the playoffs. And I know his trade value is low. Still package + Blair and someone else could give us a passable big.

Kawhi + Neal this year >>> Manu last 4 years.

sehui
02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
If we trade manu, we are going to regret it so badly during the playoffs.

Then again, this is assuming he's healthy during the playoffs.

Man these injuries freaking suck...can't we use some uber cyber technology to get him back quicker? I remember Dirk had a pretty big injury and he used some strange device to get back on the court quicker.

Also Kobe is like part cyborg from some doctor in Europe, we need to do that to Manu.

vander
02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
should have traded him few years ago :wakeup

jgome21
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
But if you were another team's GM, why on earth would you want to trade for him, given that it seems he can no longer stay healthy and contribute.

There have been lots of stupid trades in the NBA over the past decade. Also, I think there are a handful of teams that would be willing to risk a trade for Manu. But if I were the Spurs, I wouldn't do it unless it was lobsided in our favor, like you said.

acoelho1
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Winning in the reg season without Manu is one thing, in the playoffs it's another. I can't imagine the Spurs trading him especially with all he has accomplished with the Spurs and it would be a very bad PR move. Where is your fcking loyalty??

jermaine
02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Pop knows if he traded Manu he would get mugged by 2,000,000 Mexicans.

Sad but true. If anyone know my postings, you know I've been a Ginobili fan more than Spurs fan. But thangs have changed over the yrs. With the play of Neal & Green, Ginobili has become very expendable in my eyes. I say we try to package Ginobili, Blair, an Anderson for a big an a wing. To whom, Idk. I'm nor good with that kinda stuff but I'd love to have Mayo an Speights from the grizzlies. Or Tyrus Thomas an Diop.

ogait
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Winning in the reg season without Manu is one thing, in the playoffs it's another. I can't imagine the Spurs trading him especially with all he has accomplished with the Spurs and it would be a very bad PR move. Where is your fcking loyalty??

Never mind about loyalty. The fact that an injured Ginobili was still the Spurs best player in the last two playoffs runs is what Spurs fans should worry about.

Man In Black
02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Parker knows the value a healthy Manu could bring. That's why he doesn't care how well the other guys are playing, he'd take a 50% Manu.

Leetonidas
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Manu has always been the Spurs' X-Factor. Unless we're getting LeBron, Howard, Durant, Love, Aldridge, etc...then hell no. Dude is a top 3 SG in the NBA and as good as Green and Neal have been, they do not have the impact of Ginobili. timvp's recent stats and analysis prove how valuable he is to our team

hater
02-21-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL ^ how many games has manu played?

a 50% Manu? :lol Anderson is better than a 50% manu

you mofos been drinking to much manu juice. time to wake up to reality

ChumpDumper
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
The reality is Manu isn't going to be traded.

z0sa
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
The time to trade Manu was before we signed him to his newest deal IMHO. Manu is here to stay.

Arcadian
02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Hahaha...this hilarious. Every time something goes wrong with Parker or Ginobili, trade talks start among Spurs fans. Are you that forgetful? At the start of this season, Ginobili was considered the best player on the team and Parker was dispensable. Now all of a sudden it's the other way around.

The truth is that both ideas are equally dumb. They are both essential pieces to the Spurs franchise and untradeable.

cheguevara
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Manu will be fine. It's parker who I'm worried about come playoff time.

Sean Cagney
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Manu will be fine. It's parker who I'm worried about come playoff time.

Manu has not been fine the last few playoff runs or non runs with injuries, so I would not say he will be FINE if he can't stay healthy. That said I hope they both go off in the playoffs to shut naysayers up.

acoelho1
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Let's get it straight, we have absolutely ZERO chance of making another title run without Manu's active participation. Trading him for another big won't solve that problem. Also, people keep down playing how good Memphis was during that playoff run last year. You forget, that they took OKC to 7 games and they were one of the favorites in the west. I still believe that if Pop played Manu that 1st game, the series may have ended differently. Nevertheless, I feel much better about this team because of Leonard, Green and Splitter.

z0sa
02-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Let's get it straight, we have absolutely ZERO chance of making another title run without Manu's active participation. Trading him for another big won't solve that problem. Also, people keep down playing how good Memphis was during that playoff run last year. You forget, that they took OKC to 7 games and they were one of the favorites in the west. I still believe that if Pop played Manu that 1st game, the series may have ended differently. Nevertheless, I feel much better about this team because of Leonard, Green and Splitter.

:tu

cheguevara
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM

disagree. Memphis was 1 Gary Neal and 1 Ginobili miracle shots from winning this thing in 5. Their frontline completely wiped the floor with ours every single game. Conley/Vasquez looked like near allstars vs. playoff Parker.

It was a beatdown of a series.

acoelho1
02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
You disagree with what? I acknowledged their bigs were too much for us especially with the turd towers defending. Also, who knows how the series would have went if we won game 1 with Manu playing. The psyhcological impact for the Grizz winning game 1 was huge and cannot be discounted.

cheguevara
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
You disagree with what?

you implied Spurs would have definitely beat them had Manu played game 1. I disagree. Manu was fairly healthy in the last 5 games and we still got throttled.

I acknowledged their bigs were too much for us especially with the turd towers defending. Also, who knows how the series would have went if we won game 1 with Manu playing. The psyhcological impact for the Grizz winning game 1 was huge and cannot be discounted.

Spurs have lost game 1s before and recovered.

Both teams were very evenly balanced. Grizz just played better and more to their potential. Spurs did the opposite.

Spurs were #1 seed. Grizz #8. Historic loss.

SA210
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Manu is here to stay

Sant1ago
02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Hahaha...this hilarious. Every time something goes wrong with Parker or Ginobili, trade talks start among Spurs fans. Are you that forgetful? At the start of this season, Ginobili was considered the best player on the team and Parker was dispensable. Now all of a sudden it's the other way around.

The truth is that both ideas are equally dumb. They are both essential pieces to the Spurs franchise and untradeable.

:tu

therealtruth
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM

They took OKC to 7 games but if you watched the series you realized OKC was definitely the better team. Hollins had to insert OJ Mayo in the starting lineup to try to give them a chance. Which is why they missed Gay. The Thunder blew out game 5 and game 7. The Spurs don't even last to game 6 if they don't get lucky on Manu and Neal's shots. How many blowouts did the Spurs get? TD said it best: the Spurs were playing like the 8th seed and the Grizzlies the 1st seed.

therealtruth
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM

If Manu played in a big market like NY he would get the props he deserves. Look at Jeremy Lin and Manu plays like that all the time.

pgardn
02-21-2012, 08:36 PM
:rolleyes

go sit in the corner dumbass

So what do you think is wrong with my statement concerning the playoffs.

And...

Bite me.

Leetonidas
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
you implied Spurs would have definitely beat them had Manu played game 1. I disagree. Manu was fairly healthy in the last 5 games and we still got throttled.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yeah, playing with a broken elbow is "fairly healthy" :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
02-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Manu went from a guy you couldn't depend on to a guy that you can count on to be injured.

An unpopular opinion, but several saw this coming years ago.

If our championship hopes depend on Manu, we have no chance at all.

TMTTRIO
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM
lol at people thinking we can get someone of any kind of value for Manu now. At this point Manu may eventually be forced to retire. Face it teams won't want him. If you want to get something of any kind of value you might want to trade one of young bright spots.The only possible way I could see Manu traded for anything is next season during his last season for a bloated contract player that a team wants to get rid of.