PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from Piston fan

JamStone
06-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Unbelievable, awesome game. To say I'm disappointed about the outcome would be a huge understatement. But, tonite's game was what this series was supposed to be about. Great, great game!

Still can't believe Rasheed left Horry to double Manu. Still can't believe Rip's last attempt. But, what can I say, but great game, and good job by the Spurs.

Horry obviously saved Duncan's ass tonite. Tim's superstardom came into question in the fourth quarter and overtime. Tim needs to buy Robert Horry a Maybach or something, because instead of the missed free throws and the turnover late in the game by Duncan, everyone will read about "Big Shot Bob Strikes Again."

Again, great game!! And, as a Piston fan, I'm definitely crushed by the outcome.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:11 AM
well...its not over yet. This one was nice but it has to be forgotten tomorrow.

GrandeDavid
06-20-2005, 12:14 AM
JamStone, thanks for the tremendous show of class. :)

And as my friend Mikey said, its certainly not over yet.

Dre_7
06-20-2005, 12:17 AM
JamStone, mad props!! Lota class. If it were the other way around, I dunno if some of the guys here would have as much class as you. Thanks. Sure beats all those Nugget, Sonic "trolls" that were here.

Word.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Yup, respect JamStone. And nice take too.

Man, Timmy gives us all heartattacks when he has these "can't make a FT" nights. He did it against the Sonics (or was it Suns?) too. Oh for the season when he shot 80% from the line...

I think Tony P played some pretty awesome D at times tonight, and that last play was a good example.

This series is not over, though, not the way the Pistons are playing.

Bring on game 6!

Summers
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Tim needs to buy Robert Horry a Maybach or something

I hate having to be the nerd to ask what that is!! It's a hummer, right? And how come I've never heard it called that? Anyway, I'm sure Misti will do it for free. :lol

combs84
06-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't need my own thread so I just wanna say congrats on the W as well, very entertaining game. I can honestly say I am heartbroken right now, but I still believe in this team. As a fan, you just have to, even if the odds are stacked. I believe in these guys and think they can go into the hardest place to win, and win back to back games. Call me Crazy.

Robert Horry was incredible, he was the difference.

Congrats again, see ya on Tuesday. Just know we ain't goin down without a fight.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Props to the Pistons and their fans.

Great Game!

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:42 AM
but I still believe in this team. As a fan, you just have to, even if the odds are stacked. I believe in these guys and think they can go into the hardest place to win, and win back to back games. Call me Crazy.

Crazy? I will call you a great fan.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I am not heartbroken, deflated, etc. It's just plain stupid. They played a good game and SA just played a little bit better. The people who said the Spurs would sweep or that the series was over after G's 3 and 4 are nothing but frontrunners. These are the two best teams and finally we got a good game. I hope for the same in G6 regardless of who wins...

catydid
06-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Lotta class there, Pistons' fans. It is appreciated very much. Your guys did a great job tonight but not quite good enough. It was a great game and very good entertainment. We know you are disappointed and, no, this series is definitely not over yet! Hope the next one is just as exciting! Who in the world could call that a boring game?

slayermin
06-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Tough loss. But yes, I think it's over.

Unless all the guys become slaves of the opium the next 48 hours, I think we take it in six.

PistonFreak
06-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Wo doggie, that was a rough one to lose. Lets see Rasheed pull his head out of his ass and recover in San Antonio. Can't give up hope until the final buzzer of the final game.....Off to the wilds of northen Michigan for some Pistons playoff action on t.v. while sitting around the campfire with the hum of a generator for power. For the true Spurs fans,,,,congratulations on the win.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Nice game, someone had to lose, better ya'll than us though.

Detroit has a great ball team, and I'm glad Spurs and Pistons represent the NBA well. If that wasn't an exciting heavywieght toe to toe battle that was awesome to watch I dont know what is.

Detroit has been there before and I don't believe this is over by a long shot. Hopefully Timmy and the boys can put ya'll to bed on tuesday in the Alamo city. I don't think I could stand ole Fat Boy impersonator Mason spit his weak beat box announcing any more, Ole boy is the only thing wrong with Detroit Basketball.

efrem1
06-20-2005, 02:14 AM
JamStone:

Nice having you aboard. Yes, it is nice not to have any whining Laker fans in the finals! We are Spurtacus!!

kevm2
06-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Respect to you.

caŽlo
06-20-2005, 05:18 AM
hey jamstone. props to u bro. youre a great poster.

duncan_21
06-20-2005, 06:07 AM
What a great game. I wonder what would have happened had they called a fair game. I thought sa got the benefit of the doubt the first quarter and a half. Then from the middle of the 2nd quarter to about the end of the third det got some calls.

Overall it was one of the great games I've seen in the last few years. I thought my heart was going to die when timmy was missing those fts. Then I was preying that rip's shot wouldn't go in because I knew they wouldn't call the blatant offensive foul.

rwb
06-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Props to all the Pistons fans who have been good sports and class acts on this board. That game was absolutely awesome. These are definitely the two best teams in the NBA right now and it was nice to actually hear an announcer agree that there was nothing boring about it. Anyone who didn't want to watch it because of any lack of excitement due to the teams playing should slap themselves for being so shallow. Game 6 will probably be a tough one because the Pistons won't go down without a fight, but I just can't see the Spurs dropping any more.

fraga
06-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Now that was a game...heart wrenching....muscle clinching...too close to call...hoe yeah...

ajmac
06-20-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm going to second JamStone.

Awesome game! I'm a big Pistons fan, but an even bigger basketball fan.

Eventhough my team lost, I can't hang my head down. The game was like a tennis match back and forth. Great game!

All I can say is whoever wins this series, Spurs or Pistons, it's going to come down to being a classic.

I sure hope these two teams meet again in future Finals to come. :)

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-20-2005, 07:32 AM
My two cents: Now THAT was a basketball game. Tough one to lose, but they all are in the finals. Thank you, SA and Detroit for showing up on the same night.
Congrats, Spurs Fans.

Just wait'll next time.