PDA

View Full Version : Sessions, Beasley to Lakers

TheMACHINE
02-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Yo cats. My source just told me Beasley for Trade Exception, Sessions for late First Round pick. It's gonna go down soon.

Reck
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
So Lakers are pooling in the thugs from around the league now? :lol Desperate

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-21/lakers-trade-rumors-michael-beasley-pau-gasol-kobe-bryant-mitch-kupchak

I'd love it...we'd be contenders again. They could even start Beasley at the SF (doubtful) and once again have a massive frontcourt.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
fag u just heard that on around the horn

im at work...we must have the same source.

Giuseppe
02-21-2012, 05:35 PM

:lol

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Sessions/Blake/Fisher
Bryant/Glock
(Beasley)/MWP/Barnes
Gasol/Beasley/McRoberts
Bynum/Murphy

We could definitely use the youth and athleticism at those positions

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
This is actually a true rumor for once though:lol Except the trade exception for beasley bit--they haven't said what the potential deal with beasley would be for

JMarkJohns
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
If you get both Sessions and Beasley, I'd start Barnes and bring Beasley off the bench for offense when Kobe and/or Gasol are resting. Lakers bench sucks. No need to waste Beasley alongside talents like Bryant/Gasol when he could give so much more in their stead.

JMarkJohns
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
My guess is LA is giving up their 1st this year to Minnesota and a future 1st to Cleveland.

Lakers should keep the Dallas 1st.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
If you get both Sessions and Beasley, I'd start Barnes and bring Beasley off the bench for offense when Kobe and/or Gasol are resting. Lakers bench sucks. No need to waste Beasley alongside talents like Bryant/Gasol when he could give so much more in their stead.

Yeah, ultimately that makes more sense. Having those 5 closing games would be pretty swole though.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
This is actually a true rumor for once though:lol Except the trade exception for beasley bit--they haven't said what the potential deal with beasley would be for

yah the "news" dont know what the trade is for...but i do. :toast

JamStone
02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Sessions makes some sense. If they're working out a deal with Cleveland, they should also try to get Jamison then, instead of Beasley. Jamison is more than capable of giving similar offensive production off the bench they miss from Odom. He's not as versatile, but he also has some experience playing for Mike Brown and seems like he'd try to fit in whatever role they ask of him better than Beasley. Adding Beasley is adding another potential explosive personality when they already have World Peace. Lots of drugs in Hollywood to tempt Beasley.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Sessions makes some sense. If they're working out a deal with Cleveland, they should also try to get Jamison then, instead of Beasley. Jamison is more than capable of giving similar offensive production off the bench they miss from Odom. He's not as versatile, but he also has some experience playing for Mike Brown and seems like he'd try to fit in whatever role they ask of him better than Beasley. Adding Beasley is adding another potential explosive personality when they already have World Peace. Lots of drugs in Hollywood to tempt Beasley.

We have no FC depth and we're starving for some youth and athleticism. Jamison is ancient. I'd welcome the youth infusion..........and the subsequent drama.

jjktkk
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM

angelbelow
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Machine with the goods once again. Thanks for being so reliable these past few years.

jjktkk
02-21-2012, 06:36 PM

What would the Lakers do with MWP?

JamStone
02-21-2012, 06:43 PM
We have no FC depth and we're starving for some youth and athleticism. Jamison is ancient. I'd welcome the youth infusion..........and the subsequent drama.

Jamison is as much a PF as Beasley is. And while it's true Jamison is ancient, he's an ancient player still averaging 16+ points a game in the league at his age. Still a reasonably decent 3-point shooter at 35%, which would be one of the better shooting percentages on the Lakers. And he doesn't bring the baggage Beasley does. And probably wouldn't cost much. I think he makes more sense than Beasley.

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Agree to disagree, bro--for the most part. I hear your argument that Jamison is a good and familiar match with MB, and that Beasley could be disruptive, but this team is old and slow enough as is. Beasley has a ton of talent, but maturity issues. He's generally only been on young teams though, so having a bunch of championship-tested vets around him might do wonders. Sure, it could always backfire, but we need to get the youth movement started already and taking a chance on a player of his talents is worth it imo

Trill Clinton
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
fag u just heard that on around the horn

DPG21920
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Sons, Sessions cant be traded to LA for just a first round pick unless they use the TE on him. Then Beas would require a player(s) going back and if Sessions commands a first Beas prob will as well sons.

JamStone
02-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Agree to disagree, bro--for the most part. I hear your argument that Jamison is a good and familiar match with MB, and that Beasley could be disruptive, but this team is old and slow enough as is. Beasley has a ton of talent, but maturity issues. He's generally only been on young teams though, so having a bunch of championship-tested vets around him might do wonders. Sure, it could always backfire, but we need to get the youth movement started already and taking a chance on a player of his talents is worth it imo

Youth movement for what? The championship window for the Lakers is probably 2 years tops (if I'm being generous), if it's not closed already. Get the necessary pieces to win this season and maybe next season. Don't worry about getting younger for the longterm future.

Spur_Fanatic
02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Just me or TheMachine likes to jinx his own team tradess?

DeadlyDynasty
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Youth movement for what? The championship window for the Lakers is probably 2 years tops (if I'm being generous), if it's not closed already. Get the necessary pieces to win this season and maybe next season. Don't worry about getting younger for the longterm future.

I like Beasley better now, and in the future. They both put up #'s on bad teams, but one is 23 and the other is like 36 or something.

Signing Jamison would be a Danny Ainge-type move...I don't want to be like the Celtics where the roster keeps getting older and slower.

pass1st
02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Beasley still has a lot of potential, could get a lot better if he had the motivation

DMC
02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Lakers need more chuckers. What happens if Kobe goes down?

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Lakers need more chuckers. What happens if Kobe goes down?

He eats pusssy dipshit

Bonner4MVPzz
02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
He eats pusssy dipshit

Pinked

DMC
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM
He eats pusssy dipshit

You cannot even spell the word.

Not surprising.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Just me or TheMachine likes to jinx his own team tradess?

so im wrong 2% of the time. Sue me.

Koolaid_Man
02-21-2012, 09:03 PM
You cannot even spell the word.

Not surprising.

Paussay

LkrFan
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I'd be down with those moves. Sessions, Kobe, Barnes, Pau, Bynum with Blake, Glock, and Beasley rounding out the top 8. Best part for me? We don't have to break up KGB.

Beasley needs some guidance. He's a hell of a talent. I could see Kobe kicking him in the nuts if he fucks up. Sessions can't shoot the 3, but he is Rondo-lite in that he can do a lot of other things that makes his team go. Not a star, but a solid PG.

These two moves would solve 3 major Laker problems: PG, SF, and bench scoring. I could see Beasley giving us 10-15 points per in his sleep.

Win-win if you ask me - but I'd be surprised if either happened.

Kindergarten Cop
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67064/2107675-not_sure_if_serious_2.jpg

Spursfan092120
02-21-2012, 09:55 PM

You're on a major losing streak, tbh....

crc21209
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
So this is what it's come to huh? :lol Hoping for a weed smoking thug....nice. :tu

Banzai
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok honest question..if the lakers gOt rid of Kobe in bizzaro world..would this team be the worst team in the history of the NBA?

midnightpulp
02-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Ok honest question..if the lakers gOt rid of Kobe in bizzaro world..would this team be the worst team in the history of the NBA?

Not even close. Bynum and Gasol would still be good enough for 30-35 wins in an 82 game season.

Jelloisjigglin
02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Please let this be true. :cry

Killakobe81
02-22-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm with most of my lakers brethren not bad moves. Look sometimes u need to gamble to hit big. Jamison is the safe choice but no upside ...beasley has untapped potential. He probably never reach it fully but if we get 80% that would help

Killakobe81
02-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Sessions is no star but he would upgrade our pg position

ElNono
02-22-2012, 01:17 AM
we'd be contenders again.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

pass1st
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I wouldn't laugh, you know how well Beasley will fortify Kobe?

mavs>spurs
02-22-2012, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't laugh, you know how well Beasley will fortify Kobe?

please, the fortification would be minimal :rolleyes

pass1st
02-22-2012, 01:45 AM
please, the fortification would be minimal :rolleyes

Beasley will fortify Kobe and Sessions will fortify Walton, we will have an unstoppable lineup.

DJ Mbenga
02-22-2012, 02:22 AM
son your photoshop skills are much better than your sources.