PDA

View Full Version : Popobitch at it again; this is INEXCUSABLE.

Pages : [1] 2

Kewni Leonard
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM
What the FUCK is this joker doing? Who does he think he is? I get it, you coat-tailed Tim Duncan to 4 rings, which would have been more if not for you, but really... who the hell you think you are, you overrated Freddy Krueger-looking idiot? We're in the middle of a huge win streak. Is he purposefully trying to kill the momentum of this team? What makes him think now would be a good time to do this? Does his brain function properly? This makes me want to throw up. This is a time where Duncan needs to actually be vocal for once and question what the hell this guy is doing. You Popobitch-apologists actually want to tell me this will have no effect on the team psychologically?

SequSpur
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Dude, he just costed Spurs home court advantage vs. the dallas mavs. he should be fired.

Kewni Leonard
02-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Dude, he just costed Spurs home court advantage vs. the dallas mavs. he should be fired.

He should have been fired when he played Ginobili in a completely meaningless game, resulting in a broken arm and a first round exit. Instead, he chooses to give the entire team a night off when the best record in the West is still up for grabs and we're in the middle of a huge win streak. Brilliant idea, faggot!

rasho8
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
You are both fucking retarded.

SequSpur
02-21-2012, 11:52 PM

coming from a username with rasho8 in it huh? You must be the prize of your family or do they think you are a dbag like the rest of us. just wondering...

fo..

Kindergarten Cop
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
What the FUCK is this joker doing? Who does he think he is? I get it, you coat-tailed Tim Duncan to 4 rings, which would have been more if not for you, but really... who the hell you think you are, you overrated Freddy Krueger-looking idiot? We're in the middle of a huge win streak. Is he purposefully trying to kill the momentum of this team? What makes him think now would be a good time to do this? Does his brain function properly? This makes me want to throw up. This is a time where Duncan needs to actually be vocal for once and question what the hell this guy is doing. You Popobitch-apologists actually want to tell me this will have no effect on the team psychologically?

He should have been fired when he played Ginobili in a completely meaningless game, resulting in a broken arm and a first round exit. Instead, he chooses to give the entire team a night off when the best record in the West is still up for grabs and we're in the middle of a huge win streak. Brilliant idea, faggot!

Did you not just contradict yourself in your own thread?

Kewni Leonard
02-21-2012, 11:55 PM

Brilliant take, bro!

Kewni Leonard
02-21-2012, 11:56 PM

No.

my2sons
02-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Maybe he thought you needed your beauty rest...you seem irritable...or irritating or some idioticness

SA210
02-21-2012, 11:58 PM

No, when he didn't choose to sit Manu that last game last year, we already made it into the playoffs at an ok seeding.

We aren't guaranteed shit yet this season. Bitch move by a scared coach.

rasho8
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
coming from a username with rasho8 in it huh? You must be the prize of your family or do they think you are a dbag like the rest of us. just wondering...

fo..

No but they all think you're a dumb ass bald midget who knows shit about basketball.

Kindergarten Cop
02-22-2012, 12:00 AM

No.

In the first post you criticize Pop for resting key players in a regular season game and in your second you criticize him for playing key players in a "meaningless" regular season game?

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Maybe he thought you needed your beauty rest...you seem irritable...or irritating or some idioticness

I'm irritable due to the fact this fucking joker is still the coach of this team.

blackfire12
02-22-2012, 12:01 AM
I doubt this will matter much when it comes to momentum. The biggest issue is after the ASG bullshit to see how they play. This was the turning point last season and should be watched this season as well. I do agree that it was a lame attempt to try to steal one with the way portland played against the lakers. However, when you look at the big picture and realize the spurs were playing with basically all 3rd stringers it's nothing to get your panties in a bunch.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 12:02 AM
In the first post you criticize Pop for resting key players in a regular season game and in your second you criticize him for playing key players in a "meaningless" regular season game?

Um, this is not a meaningless game. Last I checked, the West is WIDE OPEN and home court advantage this year is HUGE, particularly for the Spurs, who are lights out at home and shit on the road. On top of that, we're in the middle of a big win streak and this completely kills the momentum of the team. The last game of the regular season was absolutely meaningless, there is no debating that, whatsoever.

DMC
02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
A dingo ate me baby

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I doubt this will matter much when it comes to momentum. The biggest issue is after the ASG bullshit to see how they play. This was the turning point last season and should be watched this season as well. I do agree that it was a lame attempt to try to steal one with the way portland played against the lakers. However, when you look at the big picture and realize the spurs were playing with basically all 3rd stringers it's nothing to get your panties in a bunch.

How do you come to the conclusion it will have no effect on momentum, when we're currently rolling, on a huge win streak, and then we get blown out like this?

TJastal
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
So anyone care to venture a guess how many grey hairs did Timmy gain sitting and watching his team get bent over, courtesy Popobitch?

DesignatedT
02-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Wait... I get it. He replaced vich with "bitch" in Popovich. LOL :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Wait... I get it. He replaced vich with "bitch" in Popovich. LOL :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

It's not supposed to be funny. I disrespect that 'man' in any way I can.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
So anyone care to venture a guess how many grey hairs did Timmy gain sitting and watching his team get bent over, courtesy Popobitch?

Did you see him on the bench? He looked heated. He needs to say something.

Sense
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Look at Duncan's minutes yesterday, without them.. we would have lost yesterday and possibly today.

We were going to lose either way.. get over it.

Sense
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM

InK
02-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I dont like how Pop gives up on games when we are down 15 and calls it a day but this game was a loss waiting to happen. Pop relied on his super intuition and made the right call, kudos.

SA210
02-22-2012, 12:32 AM
It's not supposed to be funny. I disrespect that 'man' in any way I can.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2012, 12:43 AM
came into this game with no game plan, no coaching, hence the bench played like dleague wankers chuckin up shots trying to get theirs while not executing any plays....fkn pathetic from guys who have teed contracts...

spurtech09
02-22-2012, 01:06 AM
:lol:p:

spurtech09
02-22-2012, 01:07 AM
No but they all think you're a dumb ass bald midget who knows shit about basketball.
:rolleyes:lmao

spurtech09
02-22-2012, 01:08 AM
i doubt this will matter much when it comes to momentum. The biggest issue is after the asg bullshit to see how they play. This was the turning point last season and should be watched this season as well. I do agree that it was a lame attempt to try to steal one with the way portland played against the lakers. However, when you look at the big picture and realize the spurs were playing with basically all 3rd stringers it's nothing to get your panties in a bunch.
+1

spurtech09
02-22-2012, 01:09 AM
How do you come to the conclusion it will have no effect on momentum, when we're currently rolling, on a huge win streak, and then we get blown out like this?
shit happens:downspin:

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:10 AM
shit happens:downspin:

Popobitch happens. I just feel sorry for Tim Duncan. He's had to have this idiotic loser his entire career.

jjktkk
02-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Popobitch happens. I just feel sorry for Tim Duncan. He's had to have this idiotic loser his entire career.

Lol, thats your best so far. :toast

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Lol, thats your best so far. :toast

Unfortunately, I agree. Popobitch is my greatest joke yet.

Arcadian
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Hm, interesting points all around. I'll admit that I'm a little torn on this one. I agree with the rage toward Popovich tonight because you're right, he killed a great winning streak that could potentially affect the team psychologically. To those who say "we would have lost either way," you don't know that, and I doubt it.

However, I'm not fully understanding Kewni Leonard's conclusion that he's an idiotic loser who shouldn't be coaching the Spurs. There is actually evidence that he a great coach...his play calling has won lots of games over the years. I'm just wondering why you have such an extreme view of him.

MinuteByMinuteSports
02-22-2012, 01:27 AM
If Pop is such a great coach the way everyone claims he is, how come he hasn't gone to the finals in 4 years? All the ''babysitting'' that he does to Timmy has not paid off. I think Tim should retire, because by Pop babysitting him its only hurting the team, and we end up losing.

Any coach in the league would kill to have an 11 game win streak. No coach would ever have given the game away when you only have 2 games left. And you all call Pop the best coach in the NBA? Y'all are delusional just like him if you honestly believe that.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:29 AM
However, I'm not fully understanding Kewni Leonard's conclusion that he's an idiotic loser who shouldn't be coaching the Spurs. There is actually evidence that he a great coach...his play calling has won lots of games over the years. I'm just wondering why you have such an extreme view of him.

It's only an extreme view because Spurs fans and ESPN-watchers have blinders on. They buy into hype and popular opinion. The fact of the matter is, Popobitch has been responsible for the loss of more championships than the ones he has won. I'll give a couple quick examples.

The best example is in 2006, when he was outcoached by a ROOKIE head coach in Avery Johnson, who is not even in the league any longer. He had by far the better team, yet managed to lose the series. He played Michael Finley at Power Forward for the first time ever. Literally. He had done it a total of 0 times the entire season before that. He had a huge front line and let Johnson dictate the matchups, ultimately losing the series because of it.

The other, in which should have been the final straw, he plays Manu Ginobili the final game of the regular season, a completely meaningless game, in which he ultimately breaks his arm and ends the Spurs season in the first round. The Spurs, who had the best record in the West and were arguably the best team in the league during the regular season. At a normal job, showing this kind of extreme negligence and sloppiness, you would be fired immediately.

Arcadian
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
@MinuteByMinuteSports
I think you're partially right, but your view is just too extreme. I can't agree that Tim should just retire...come on man...really? He's one of the greatest of all time. Enjoy it while he's still around.

He definitely makes questionable decisions at times, but I was just raising the point that he has certain qualities. Can you deny that he is very good at designing plays to win games?

Arcadian
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
@Leonard
Heh, you're right, those were pretty terrible decisions... Do you have any other examples?

MinuteByMinuteSports
02-22-2012, 01:40 AM
@MinuteByMinuteSports
I think you're partially right, but your view is just too extreme. I can't agree that Tim should just retire...come on man...really? He's one of the greatest of all time. Enjoy it while he's still around.

He definitely makes questionable decisions at times, but I was just raising the point that he has certain qualities. Can you deny that he is very good at designing plays to win games?

Yes, I agree. Pop does make good plays at end of games but you don't get my point. He does win a lot of games and designs good plays but that doesn't make him a brilliant coach like Phil Jackson. I don't believe Jackson would have ever given this game away tonight knowing you only have 2 games left and Kobe wouldn't stand for it.

All I'm saying is Pop shouldn't be put as 'the greatest coach' no great coach would give up a game, knowing you only have 2 games left and a streak going. Brilliant my ass (IMO) Pop was really good at one time, but we haven't gone to NBA Finals in 4 years and I doubt we'll ever go back again as long as Pop coaches the way he does.

As for Timmy, yes he is one of the best and he use to be a great player. Even though Pop babysits him too much and it never pays off (07-pres.)

Arcadian
02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
So, in simplified terms, there are two aspects of coaching: designing plays, and decision making. It seems like we agree that he is great at one and sometimes bad at the other.

Maybe when people call him a great coach, they're limiting the claim to his qualities? And maybe one could argue that designing plays is more representative of "coaching" than administrative decisions.

therealtruth
02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Yes, I agree. Pop does make good plays at end of games but you don't get my point. He does win a lot of games and designs good plays but that doesn't make him a brilliant coach like Phil Jackson. I don't believe Jackson would have ever given this game away tonight knowing you only have 2 games left and Kobe wouldn't stand for it.

All I'm saying is Pop shouldn't be put as 'the greatest coach' no great coach would give up a game, knowing you only have 2 games left and a streak going. Brilliant my ass (IMO) Pop was really good at one time, but we haven't gone to NBA Finals in 4 years and I doubt we'll ever go back again as long as Pop coaches the way he does.

As for Timmy, yes he is one of the best and he use to be a great player. Even though Pop babysits him too much and it never pays off (07-pres.)

Also no coach who was a former player would do that. That's what happens with the simulator crew.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
IMO, there are 2 things Popobitch is very good at, and aren't reasons to keep him as a coach: drawing up out-of-bounds plays and appeasing Tim Duncan. Those are literally the only 2 things I can think of that he is good at.

blackfire12
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM

Are you the only one that thinks our bench is full of kobe's then? Only 2 fucking starters were actually starting and they barely pass for bench players. Give me a fucking break if you think they can't get over it. Like I said, I'm way more worried about the ASG break and how they perform after when EVERYONE comes back.

Paranoid Pop
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
IMO, there are 2 things Popobitch is very good at, and aren't reasons to keep him as a coach: drawing up out-of-bounds plays and appeasing Tim Duncan. Those are literally the only 2 things I can think of that he is good at.

I can't even think of one single thing you're good at but I seriously hope procreating is not one of them.

MinuteByMinuteSports
02-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Now that this so-called ''brilliant coach'' gave this game away, will he be in a giving mood to give Karl and the Nuggets Thursday's game by not playing Tony/Tim again? I wouldn't put it past this Pizza face,wine drinking motherfucker.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Now that this so-called ''brilliant coach'' gave this game away, will he be in a giving mood to give Karl and the Nuggets Thursday's game by not playing Tony/Tim again? I wouldn't put it past this Pizza face,wine drinking motherfucker.

SA210
02-22-2012, 02:05 AM

:rollin

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Everyone can pinpoint many "bad" decisions made by any coach who has ever sat his ass on a bench. Mistakes are to be made, but tonight was not one of them. The streak was great and all, but this is a team and organization that puts emphasis on being opposite of what you little tards are crying for. We will never know what we could have done with TD and Tony starting, but the deck was stacked against us as the Blazers were hungry for blood after their embarrassing loss to LA, TD and Tony were played heavily the night before, and we are missing 2 key players, one of which is the most efficient big we have, against an athletic talented team. If we were to rest TD and Tony and take a night off without hurting our team psychologically, tonight was it. Hell, there was even a silver lining throughout this atrocious showing. We now know what some of our players are truly made of. Education can be expensive.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Everyone can pinpoint many "bad" decisions made by any coach who has ever sat his ass on a bench. Mistakes are to be made, but tonight was not one of them. The streak was great and all, but this is a team and organization that puts emphasis on being opposite of what you little tards are crying for. We will never know what we could have done with TD and Tony starting, but the deck was stacked against us as the Blazers were hungry for blood after their embarrassing loss to LA, TD and Tony were played heavily the night before, and we are missing 2 key players, one of which is the most efficient big we have, against an athletic talented team. If we were to rest TD and Tony and take a night off without hurting our team psychologically, tonight was it. Hell, there was even a silver lining throughout this atrocious showing. We now know what some of our players are truly made of. Education can be expensive.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I hope not. You think you can take anything away, evaluation-wise, from a game like this? There's nothing to be taken away from a game where you get demolished like this, except a loss and a killing of the streak/momentum.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 04:28 AM
came into this game with no game plan, no coaching, hence the bench played like dleague wankers chuckin up shots trying to get theirs while not executing any plays....fkn pathetic from guys who have teed contracts...

+1

It was an absolute disgrace to the name of professional basketball and a slap in the face to every fan that paid good money to come see a competitive game. It also reinforced to the networks why they should not show spurs on national t.v.

A perfect trifecta of FAIL.

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm not sure if you're serious, but I hope not. You think you can take anything away, evaluation-wise, from a game like this? There's nothing to be taken away from a game where you get demolished like this, except a loss and a killing of the streak/momentum.
Absolutely correct, for those who are limited.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 04:32 AM

:lmao

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:32 AM
+1

slap in the face to every fan that paid good money to come see a competitive game. It also reinforced to the networks why they should not show spurs on national t.v.

Unfortunately this is true.

SA210
02-22-2012, 04:35 AM
+1

It was an absolute disgrace to the name of professional basketball and a slap in the face to every fan that paid good money to come see a competitive game. It also reinforced to the networks why they should not show spurs on national t.v.

A perfect trifecta of FAIL.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Waiting for the first moron to say "who cares if we are national tv"

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:37 AM
"who cares if we are national tv"

TJastal
02-22-2012, 04:37 AM

We could have at least had our cake, cut it into squares, and maybe enjoyed a few. In other words, could have found out what a few of those guys "were made of" and still used Duncan and Parker for 20 minutes each. Might have still been a loss, but at least it wouldn't have been caused by a pussy coach dropping his pants and bending over for the other team. That is what is irking alot of folks here. There is a reason Pop is the only coach in the league that uses this foolhardy strategy, and more often than not it ends up biting the spurs in the ass.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 04:39 AM

There wasn't a single teaching moment in the game. This was more of " remember kids, wining or losing isn't important. All that matters is that you try your best. Now, lets go out and have some fun kids, and after the game we'll all go out for some pizza and wings."

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:42 AM
We could have at least had our cake, cut it into squares, and maybe enjoyed a few. In other words, could have found out what a few of those guys "were made of" and still used Duncan and Parker for 20 minutes each. Might have still been a loss, but at least it wouldn't have been caused by a pussy coach dropping his pants and bending over for the other team. That is what is irking alot of folks here. There is a reason Pop is the only coach in the league that uses this foolhardy strategy, and more often than not it ends up biting the spurs in the ass.
Or you can lose anyway and rest your aging tired stars who have been carrying the team all season. Also, Pop maybe the only coach in the league that uses that foolhardy strategy, but how many other coaches have 4 rings?

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 04:43 AM
There wasn't a single teaching moment in the game. This was more of " remember kids, wining or losing isn't important. All that matters is that you try your best. Now, lets go out and have some fun kids, and after the game we'll all go out for some pizza and wings."
Teaching moments? Not so much. I would call it more revealing than anything.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 04:48 AM

+1

Another salient point.

If anything all this game accomplished was instilling into the youngsters a whole boatload of new unfundamentally sound habits that will have to be ironed out now for the next month or so.

Pretty scary looking ahead to what this team is going to be like post-Duncan. Would be fitting if Pop retired the day Duncan did. Might be the
2nd smartest coaching decision he ever makes.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 04:48 AM
Or you can lose anyway and rest your aging tired stars who have been carrying the team all season. Also, Pop maybe the only coach in the league that uses that foolhardy strategy, but how many other coaches have 4 rings?

Funny you included the four rings. Pop didn't use this strategy when they won their rings. Since he employed this strategy, he hasn't gotten past the second round. So I guess you could say the stragedy really hasn't worked.

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Funny you included the four rings. Pop didn't use this strategy when they won their rings. Since he employed this strategy, he hasn't gotten past the second round. So I guess you could say the stragedy really hasn't worked.
Because the core players were not old then. Aging happens and precautions need to be made in order to prolong careers. Pop is not the only coach who has ever done this. Managing minutes does not slow down the aging process so you have to realize that every year he has done this, we have continued to age and continued to have key injuries. This is an utterly ridiculous discussion to be had if you are truly attempting to connect how he has managed minutes to why we have not won another championship. The main reason we have not won another championship is due to injuries and the fact we did not surround our stars with a better supporting cast as they have aged. No more, no less.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Teaching moments? Not so much. I would call it more revealing than anything.

Your right about this. What have we learn...

Pros

Leonard was solid both offensively and defensively

Cons

Green has no business starting

Rj will continue to get playing time eventhough he is a complete and utter liability both offensively and defensively.

Joseph should be playing for the Toros.

Dawson, its nine days and counting.

spurs4real
02-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Calm down! People calling for his firing need to realize this could be worse, we could be the Lakers with the ex coach of Lebron James. It's just 1 game. Chill.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Because the core players were not old then. Aging happens and precautions need to be made in order to prolong careers. Pop is not the only coach who has ever done this. Managing minutes does not slow down the aging process so you have to realize that every year he has done this, we have continued to age and continued to have key injuries. This is an utterly ridiculous discussion to be had if you are truly attempting to connect how he has managed minutes to why we have not won another championship. The main reason we have not won another championship is due to injuries and the fact we did not surround our stars with a better supporting cast as they have aged. No more, no less.

I was merely pointing out that 4 rings has really nothing to do with this discussion. I know the circumstances ae different now tht age is a factor. Phil had 10 rings and never employed this strategy.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Your right about this. What have we learn...

Pros

Leonard was solid both offensively and defensively

Cons

Green has no business starting

Rj will continue to get playing time eventhough he is a complete and utter liability both offensively and defensively.

Joseph should be playing for the Toros.

Dawson, its nine days and counting.

I thought Green had some nice moments. I would wager it might be asking a little much for him to be a full time starter going forward however. Next year perhaps. Leonard IMO should start however. Not only because RJ is horrible but I think he is a quick study who is ready to contribute in a playoff setting.

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I was merely pointing out that 4 rings has really nothing to do with this discussion. I know the circumstances ae different now tht age is a factor. Phil had 10 rings and never employed this strategy.
4 rings was used as a reminder, as you and others are questioning his ability to coach, which is ridiculous. Also, Phil never needed to.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I thought Green had some nice moments. I would wager it might be asking a little much for him to be a full time starter going forward however. Next year perhaps. Leonard IMO should start however. Not only because RJ is horrible but I think he is a quick study who is ready to contribute in a playoff setting.

If RJ isn't amnestied this offseason, Buford needs his head examined.

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 05:21 AM
If RJ isn't amnestied this offseason, Buford needs his head examined.
This we agree on.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 05:31 AM
4 rings was used as a reminder, as you and others are questioning his ability to coach, which is ridiculous. Also, Phil never needed to.

I never questioned his ability to coach. As I pointed out earlier, there wasn't a single teaching moment in the game. There wasn't a game plan nor strategy of attack. This was a free-for-all where anything goes. This was a school yard pick up game and I'm not sure if you could take anything seen on the court even half serious. If your into resting your players, then tell the refs you forfeit. Bench players aren't getting useful court time and experience by winging it. This was a total waste of time. Duncan and Parker should have been on the next plane to Denver resting and getting ready for Thursday.

Yuixafun
02-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Talk about hyperbole. These guys just won 11 in a row, 8 on the road??

This is gonna pass, and do way more good than harm.

And for Portland, this has to be an empty win, despite the blowout and seeding implications.

I didn't want to see the streak come to an end either, and in such an emphatic fasion, but don't get it twisted.

The risk for injury increases dramatically under conditions of fatigue and we don't know the inner secrets of the team. While I'm guessing morale is sky high, you have to understand for older players, they take longer to recover, especially when you play at a high level.

So playing them 20 more minutes, in a succeptible state, on fumes, against an angry, more rested, team at home... while giving us a chance to do better, ultimately would not have led to a win, just a less of an ass spanking.

I'd rather lose by 40, then possibly incurring a dramatic injury, for the sake of pride of a streak.

The Spurs were in prime position to sneak in a rest day for it's stars, while giving their youth a full game to put under their belt.

Maybe TP has some nagging minor injuries? If he goes down here, we're fucked. As evidenced lol....

This one game loss, in my opinion, will not ruin the psyche of this Spurs team in the least, and it was putting money in the bank.

It strikes me very similar to when he left his 2nd unit against Dallas, simultaneously instilling faith in them, and sending a message to the starters, that they can't just sleep walk, they need to play hungry and enthusiastically, and fight!

This move does the same thing, understanding that your players are human and do get tired in such a condensed schedule, while maybe showing players who were starting to get big headed.... not so fast.

Our 2nd/3rd stringers lost by 40 to their pissed off starters that got embarrassed the night before.

So now all our younglings understand and have experienced the pressure of a playoff caliber team playing with a chip on it's shoulder

Also it might have humbled anybody that was starting to think they were too big for their britches.

This to me was another sublime move by Pop, low risk, high reward, when it comes to developing a team and understanding your personnel. It's a smart, wise, move filled with foresight, just like the move he made against the Mav's.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
I never questioned his ability to coach. As I pointed out earlier, there wasn't a single teaching moment in the game. There wasn't a game plan nor strategy of attack. This was a free-for-all where anything goes. This was a school yard pick up game and I'm not sure if you could take anything seen on the court even half serious. Bench players aren't getting useful court time and experience by winging it. This was a total waste of time.
Then the criticism should have been focused on the team being ill prepared and less on the resting of 2 tired stars IMO.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2012, 06:04 AM
So anyone care to venture a guess how many grey hairs did Timmy gain sitting and watching his team get bent over, courtesy Popobitch?Zero.

UnWantedTheory
02-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Zero.
I am gonna go with this as well.

Calispursfan11
02-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Magua hate the Popovich name.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Talk about hyperbole. These guys just won 11 in a row, 8 on the road??

This is gonna pass, and do way more good than harm.

And for Portland, this has to be an empty win, despite the blowout and seeding implications.

I didn't want to see the streak come to an end either, and in such an emphatic fasion, but don't get it twisted.

The risk for injury increases dramatically under conditions of fatigue and we don't know the inner secrets of the team. While I'm guessing morale is sky high, you have to understand for older players, they take longer to recover, especially when you play at a high level.

So playing them 20 more minutes, in a succeptible state, on fumes, against an angry, more rested, team at home... while giving us a chance to do better, ultimately would not have led to a win, just a less of an ass spanking.

I'd rather lose by 40, then possibly incurring a dramatic injury, for the sake of pride of a streak.

The Spurs were in prime position to sneak in a rest day for it's stars, while giving their youth a full game to put under their belt.

Maybe TP has some nagging minor injuries? If he goes down here, we're fucked. As evidenced lol....

This one game loss, in my opinion, will not ruin the psyche of this Spurs team in the least, and it was putting money in the bank.

It strikes me very similar to when he left his 2nd unit against Dallas, simultaneously instilling faith in them, and sending a message to the starters, that they can't just sleep walk, they need to play hungry and enthusiastically, and fight!

This move does the same thing, understanding that your players are human and do get tired in such a condensed schedule, while maybe showing players who were starting to get big headed.... not so fast.

Our 2nd/3rd stringers lost by 40 to their pissed off starters that got embarrassed the night before.

So now all our younglings understand and have experienced the pressure of a playoff caliber team playing with a chip on it's shoulder

Also it might have humbled anybody that was starting to think they were too big for their britches.

This to me was another sublime move by Pop, low risk, high reward, when it comes to developing a team and understanding your personnel. It's a smart, wise, move filled with foresight, just like the move he made against the Mav's.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Only thing I saw out on the court was that the blazers' coaching staff taking complete advantage of the gifted game donated to them courtesy Pop & co by teaching their youngsters how to play good fundamentally sound basketball with their regular rotation guys while Pop instead just allowed his youngsters to wing it alone, where they learned the value of how to play no structured one on one basketball with no discipline whatsoever.

Overall a great learning experience. For the blazers, that is.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 06:39 AM
I almost forgot about that timeout where Pop told em to pass the ball more. I guess it wasn't competely unstructured basketball.

SpurNation
02-22-2012, 06:51 AM
:huh Blown way out of proportion.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 07:01 AM
To Popobitch apologist: What say you if the Spurs lose the #1 seed in the West by a game?

Paranoid Pop
02-22-2012, 07:13 AM
To Popobitch apologist: What say you if the Spurs lose the #1 seed in the West by a game?

1st seed didn't do any good with a roster that didn't peak at the right time and an injured Ginobili last year. We can win on the road but we can't win if Tim and Tony are not 100%.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 07:16 AM
1st seed didn't do any good with a roster that didn't peak at the right time and an injured Ginobili last year. We can win on the road but we can't win if Tim and Tony are not 100%.

So this 1 game is the magical game to sit them out? This 1 magical game prevented serious injury by one of them? Give me a break.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 07:19 AM

This whole idiotic argument that there is some magical "peak" to be attained once a season if only the team does this or that at just the right time is a crock of shit, most teams ride good and bad spells all year long, but the teams that win the championship can will themselves to their "peak" when necessary.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 07:21 AM
So this 1 game is the magical game to sit them out? This 1 magical game prevented serious injury by one of them? Give me a break.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3493/itsmagiciaintgottaexpla.jpg

Paranoid Pop
02-22-2012, 07:23 AM

I'll trust the guy who has inside knowledge.

We're driving on 2 tires instead of 4 and you want to maintain max speed. Recipe for disaster.

shraediggz
02-22-2012, 07:24 AM
There is a reason Pop is the only coach in the league that uses this foolhardy strategy, and more often than not it ends up biting the spurs in the ass.

How does it end up "biting us in the ass"... Did it in 2003 when Manu logged two DNP CD's http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emanuel_ginobili/bio.html Or in 2007 when pop sat the big 3? http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=136341

The only way this bites them in the ass is if they tank the rest of the season and finish the year at 34-32 (which would put them in a tie with Portland for the last playoff spot in the west). Then you could argue in retrospect that Pop made a blunder. But the Spurs would need to finish 11-22 for that to happen... in which case, I'd say we have bigger issues to this season than last nights game.... On another note...

Only thing I saw out on the court was that the blazers' coaching staff taking complete advantage of the gifted game donated to them courtesy Pop.

How did they take complete advantage? By keeping key members of their on the court during the 4rth quarter of a 40 pt blow out loss? "Wesley Matthews, who finished with 11 points, left the game early in the fourth quarter with a mild left ankle sprain." Great strategy, I'd love to see pop do that one with Manu.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320221022

SpurNation
02-22-2012, 07:32 AM

This "one" game loss isn't/wouldn't be an indication to how bad or good the team might be when playoffs do start.

It was a rest factor. Giving all the starters a chance to get extended time to rejuvenate prior to the second half of a long, grueling, condensed, b2b laden schedule prior to the playoffs beginning.

That...and a game to see which of the newbies/2nd year players would respond to handling themselves without playing next to starters in order to start getting an idea who best to use in finalizing a rotation pattern for the second half of the season.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 07:40 AM
How does it end up "biting us in the ass"... Did it in 2003 when Manu logged two DNP CD's http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emanuel_ginobili/bio.html Or in 2007 when pop sat the big 3? http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=136341

Already locked into the Western Conference's No. 3 seed, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said before the game they would not play against the Grizzlies, the NBA's worst team

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 07:45 AM
owned

shraediggz
02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
So what makes it ok to sit them THEN and not NOW???

This could be just as meaningless a game as that Grizz game. Does this loss change anything in the west?

Is OKC still in the first seed? Is San Antonio still the 2nd seed? Is Dallas still the 3rd seed? Is Portland still a non playoff team? What changes with this loss to Portland? The fact that we might have to face a "must win" for home court later on?

Like I've said before. even if we finish the season with a 17W - 16L record, it'd be good enough to give us home court in the first round. (23w10L + 17w16L= 40-26, good for a 60% win percentage, good enough for a fourth seed in today's standings).

I don't have to tell you that there aren't any top seeds out there who are guaranteed a free pass out of the first round. If an upset happens, San Antonio could end up getting home-court in the second round too under this scenario. So what are you really trying to say here. You think San An needs to catch and pass OKC, Miami and Chicago as a top seed in order to have a real chance at this years title??? Because that worked out so well for them last year.

And it's not like an 8th seed never made the finals in a lock out year before ... and it's not like San An never won a title in which they had to close out a series on the road right???

Seriously people....

Agloco
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
rofl thinking we would have won by playing Tim and Tony another 40 mins on the back end of a back to back.

Agloco
02-22-2012, 08:21 AM

Can you definitively say otherwise? Unless you can, there's not much point in beating a dead horse tbh.

Yuixafun
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Not to mention Portland was just emasculated the night before against the Lakers.

They were ready for blood from the get go.

And as we'd seen earlier in the season, sometimes that Spurs starting line-up starts off slow. Coupled with the fact they've been ridden extremely hard the past week, last two games especially for Tim and Tony.

So add up all the factors and, some people wanted to go all in with a pocket pair of 9's and the flop already reading Queen, King, Ace.

Gotta know when to fold them.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Can you definitively say otherwise? Unless you can, there's not much point in beating a dead horse tbh.

Pop wasn't resting them to prevent injury. If he was that concerned, he should have sent them out with pads and helmets.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Not to mention Portland was just emasculated the night before against the Lakers.

They were ready for blood from the get go.

And as we'd seen earlier in the season, sometimes that Spurs starting line-up starts off slow. Coupled with the fact they've been ridden extremely hard the past week, last two games especially for Tim and Tony.

So add up all the factors and, some people wanted to go all in with a pocket pair of 9's and the flop already reading Queen, King, Ace.

Gotta know when to fold them.

Great analogy :toast

shraediggz
02-22-2012, 08:27 AM
owned

What exactly does TJ own. A computer. A keyboard? If he truly OWNED anything why doesn't he own up to the simple question I posed and provide a viable answer?.

Question being;

How does it end up "biting us in the ass"

I'm just curious, because I've personally seen this sort of thing before, where it did nothing to bite us in the ass.

Likewise, look what happens when you choose NOT to rest your players when you have the chance to. Nate could have rested his starters the entire second half and still coasted to a 20 point win. Instead, he keeps a key guy like Matthews on the floor and loses him in the fourth.

Anyway. all I'm asking is one simple question;

What makes this ONE GAME in Portland so detrimental if we lose it? Give me a reason. I hear so much b!tch!ng and complaining, but no one wants to say WHY. I mean, actually give a reason. (Keep in mind, an opinion is not a reason).

703 Spurz
02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
It's only an extreme view because Spurs fans and ESPN-watchers have blinders on. They buy into hype and popular opinion. The fact of the matter is, Popobitch has been responsible for the loss of more championships than the ones he has won. I'll give a couple quick examples.

The best example is in 2006, when he was outcoached by a ROOKIE head coach in Avery Johnson, who is not even in the league any longer. He had by far the better team, yet managed to lose the series. He played Michael Finley at Power Forward for the first time ever. Literally. He had done it a total of 0 times the entire season before that. He had a huge front line and let Johnson dictate the matchups, ultimately losing the series because of it.

The other, in which should have been the final straw, he plays Manu Ginobili the final game of the regular season, a completely meaningless game, in which he ultimately breaks his arm and ends the Spurs season in the first round. The Spurs, who had the best record in the West and were arguably the best team in the league during the regular season. At a normal job, showing this kind of extreme negligence and sloppiness, you would be fired immediately.

Avery Johnson coaches the Nets assbag

Z mann R2
02-22-2012, 08:39 AM
OMG the idiocy in this thread is amazing...

Pop is the only reason this team is successful. Spurs play the best TEAM basketball in the league. THATS ALL COACHING! The OP and anyone who agrees with him knows JACK about basketball. Pop always has his teams prepared. He's like darth vader with his knowledge of other teams and what to do.

I havent checked in on this forum in a very long time and to see this thread at the top sickens me. You all should feel grateful Pop is still around and hasn't left to retire or go to a more glamorous team.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 08:44 AM

Pop is the only reason this team is successful.

Yeah, I'm sure the players have nothing to do with the Spurs success

TJastal
02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
What exactly does TJ own. A computer. A keyboard? If he truly OWNED anything why doesn't he own up to the simple question I posed and provide a viable answer?.

Question being;

I'm just curious, because I've personally seen this sort of thing before, where it did nothing to bite us in the ass.

Likewise, look what happens when you choose NOT to rest your players when you have the chance to. Nate could have rested his starters the entire second half and still coasted to a 20 point win. Instead, he keeps a key guy like Matthews on the floor and loses him in the fourth.

Anyway. all I'm asking is one simple question;

What makes this ONE GAME in Portland so detrimental if we lose it? Give me a reason. I hear so much b!tch!ng and complaining, but no one wants to say WHY. I mean, actually give a reason. (Keep in mind, an opinion is not a reason).

I'll give you 5 reasons:

1. Tim and Tony didn't really need the rest, this is just Pop needing to tinker with things just because he likes to tinker with things. Besides, every player in the nba will have a week off in 3 days, might as well take advantage of that instead of playing "mad scientist" and trying to avoid an unlikely injury.

2. You blow a nice winning streak to hell. You risk losing the confidence of your players. Also the chemistry of said players. Like others have mentioned, there really was nothing to be gained from throwing 5 inexperienced guys out on the court to wing it with no help; they would have learned just as much playing pick up games at the YMCA. In contrast the blazers' youth got some nice quality work in with the starters and actually learned some good disciplined structured basketball.

3. You lose a game in the standings. Could be critical later on. As well the games you will now lose because of the possibility of lost confidence. These games will likely matter as well.

4. You basically tell the world (and in particular your own team) that you don't think they had a chance to win the game. That's always great for team morale btw. Especially great if you also end up meeting said team in the playoffs.

5. You punk yourself in front of a national tv network and also piss off all the fans who paid to see the game in person. That's always a smart thing to do.

Happy now? You got 5 solid reasons why I think it was the wrong thing to do.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
I'll give you 5 reasons:

1. Tim and Tony didn't really need the rest...

You don't know if they needed it or not.

No need to read any further, tbh.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
You don't know if they needed it or not.

No need to read any further, tbh.

Name any other 30+ stars that were sat out entire games this week. I haven't heard of any. You're so full of Pop's shit your eyes have turned brown.

SpurYank
02-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Ahh Yes! The Spurs continue to lead the NBA in idiot posts. Things have a tendency to remain the same over the years.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Name any other 30+ stars that were sat out entire games this week. I haven't heard of any. You're so full of Pop's shit your eyes have turned brown.

How exactly does other-stars-not-being-sat-out-this-week prove Tim Duncan didn't need the rest he got?

acoelho1
02-22-2012, 09:07 AM
This thread is inexcusable. Pop has coached the team to 4 championships and most of the coaches in the league wish they had his record. Also, there have been a lot of hall of fame players that have not won anything so it's not just Duncan for the reason of our success.

Further, they played the night before so it's a great move to rest Duncan and Parker. In fact, I would probably rest them for the Denver game as well and they would have over a week of rest.

Lastly, we had the number #1 seed last year and it didn't really work out. So, don't worrying about seeding at this point since we have another half season to go. I expect us to be a top seed in the west and will have Pop to thank for bringing a healthy and rested group to our 5th playoff title run.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Dear stupid:

This is not hard to figure out. Popovich has never been unclear about how he approaches the regular season. And he laid it out again in his post game comments:

What the uninformed didn’t understand about Popovich’s banishment of his two stars was the utter lack of significance he places on anything as pedestrian as a win streak, even one that has reached double digits.

“We’ve had the same goal for 15 years: To be the best team we can possibly be come playoff time,” Popovich said before the game. “We’ve never ever talked about what our record should be, whether we are going to win a championship, or not. Never. It’s never come up in any practice or game for 15 years.

“We just try to get better every day, and whatever happens, happens.”

Listen, and understand. Remember this is from the consensus best coach in the NBA, according to most NBA players and coaches (forget ESPN).

TVI
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
dear stupid:

This is not hard to figure out. Popovich has never been unclear about how he approaches the regular season. And he laid it out again in his post game comments:

Listen, and understand. Remember this is from the consensus best coach in the nba, according to most nba players and coaches (forget espn).

+1

Z mann R2
02-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the players have nothing to do with the Spurs success

lol sorry....guess I shoulda said main reason.....this team has over achieved the past few years (with the exception of the playoffs)

Do you guys see the plethora of crappy caoches out there?? Pop is by far the best caoch in the league now that Phil Jackson retired

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
rofl thinking we would have won by playing Tim and Tony another 40 mins on the back end of a back to back.

rofl What was the win streak at again? rofl

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM

Pop is the only reason this team is successful. Spurs play the best TEAM basketball in the league. THATS ALL COACHING! The OP and anyone who agrees with him knows JACK about basketball. Pop always has his teams prepared. He's like darth vader with his knowledge of other teams and what to do.

I havent checked in on this forum in a very long time and to see this thread at the top sickens me. You all should feel grateful Pop is still around and hasn't left to retire or go to a more glamorous team.

LMFAO @ THINKING THAT ALL OF HIS SUCCESS ISN'T DUE TO ONE Timothy Fucking Duncan.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
This thread is inexcusable. Pop has coached the team to 4 championships and most of the coaches in the league wish they had his record. Also, there have been a lot of hall of fame players that have not won anything so it's not just Duncan for the reason of our success.

Those Hall of Famers are not Tim Duncan. They are not the greatest Power Forward of All-Time.

Further, they played the night before so it's a great move to rest Duncan and Parker. In fact, I would probably rest them for the Denver game as well and they would have over a week of rest.

Hey, I've got an idea... why don't we just sit them out until the playoffs start?

Lastly, we had the number #1 seed last year and it didn't really work out. So, don't worrying about seeding at this point since we have another half season to go. I expect us to be a top seed in the west and will have Pop to thank for bringing a healthy and rested group to our 5th playoff title run.

Right, from our BRILLIANT head coach playing Manu Ginobili in the last game of the regular season, a completely meaningless game. Yes, he sure is brilliant! Sure does know how to manage those minutes! What a genius!

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Dear stupid:

Listen, and understand. Remember this is from the consensus best coach in the NBA, according to most NBA players and coaches (forget ESPN).

Michael Jordan is also the consensus GOAT, when it's pretty clear that Wilt Chamberlain was a superior player.

Brazil
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
:lol whining about Pop being a dumbass after this streak. Before the RRT everybody would have killed to have a 7-1 record. I'm bashing Pop sometimes but he deserves a lot of credits for that record.

sabar
02-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Michael Jordan is also the consensus GOAT, when it's pretty clear that Wilt Chamberlain was a superior player.

Wilt was a stat-padder who didn't care about winning. He was afraid to have the ball in crunch time and feared fouling out to the point of deferring to less-skilled team mates. He played in Russell's shadow his entire career and was bitter about it for a long time. He's below Russell and Jordan, easy.

Get your history correct before you bring more takes about the present-era Spurs, imo. It isn't surprising that a pop-hater thinks a stat-stuffing loser and choker is superior to Jordan.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
:lol whining about Pop being a dumbass after this streak. Before the RRT everybody would have killed to have a 7-1 record. I'm bashing Pop sometimes but he deserves a lot of credits for that record.

He deserves no credit. He wasn't on the court. He doesn't win the games. He made no incredible sorts of adjustments of any kind. He deserves intense criticism for something inexplicable like this, though.

DesignatedT
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
There are 29 other NBA teams that would love to have Pop as coach. That's fact.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Wilt was a stat-padder who didn't care about winning. He was afraid to have the ball in crunch time and feared fouling out to the point of deferring to less-skilled team mates. He played in Russell's shadow his entire career and was bitter about it for a long time. He's below Russell and Jordan, easy.

Get your history correct before you bring more takes about the present-era Spurs, imo. It isn't surprising that a pop-hater thinks a stat-stuffing loser and choker is superior to Jordan.

hahahahahaha @ "get your history correct", when you're citing Bill Russell. Guy was nothing more than a glorified Ben Wallace, that couldn't play a lick of offense and played on a stacked team that carried him. When you're averaging 50 and 25, sorry, but Jordan doesn't belong in the same sentence with you. Also way more of a defensive presence than Jordan, even if Jordan was the best perimeter defender in the league(it's debatable whether he was the best perimeter defender on his own team, though).

Brazil
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
He deserves no credit. He wasn't on the court. He doesn't win the games. He made no incredible sorts of adjustments of any kind. He deserves intense criticism for something inexplicable like this, though.

because you know a lot of coaches capable to get this kind of record with this roster ? who ?

By your logic the team doesn't need a coach that's just a freaking terrible take tbh

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
because you know a lot of coaches capable to get this kind of record with this roster ? who ?

By your logic the team doesn't need a coach that's just a freaking terrible take tbh

Just about anyone. It is the players that win games. Just look at LA's record minus Phil Jackson, very comparable to last year, and they even lost a huge piece and are learning a new system.

Brazil
02-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Just about anyone. It is the players that win games. Just look at LA's record minus Phil Jackson, very comparable to last year, and they even lost a huge piece and are learning a new system.

So I guess NY roster just sucks, D'Antoni has never coached a solid roster

Trill Clinton
02-22-2012, 11:41 AM

man shut the fuck up

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
man shut the fuck up

No thanks, "Trill".

manufan10
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
tbh, this whole "they'll lose their confidence because they lost a game," is stupid. If a player loses all confidence because of one loss, then they have bigger issues than the game of basketball.

Also, who cares that the winning streak was ended? A regular season winning streak doesn't mean squat, and especially by losing one game. As we've seen, playoff seeding doesn't matter. What actually matters is getting to the playoffs. Throwing in the towel for ONE game isn't going to change that.

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 12:19 PM
tbh, this whole "they'll lose their confidence because they lost a game," is stupid. If a player loses all confidence because of one loss, then they have bigger issues than the game of basketball.

Also, who cares that the winning streak was ended? A regular season winning streak doesn't mean squat, and especially by losing one game. As we've seen, playoff seeding doesn't matter. What actually matters is getting to the playoffs. Throwing in the towel for ONE game isn't going to change that.

I think the players were playing a little over their heads during the streak. 3 or 4 of those games could have easily been loses. The defense took a dive the last 4 to 5 games and the offense did just enough to pull through. They certainly won't lose their confidence over losing 1 game, but now, I almost fully expect them to lose to Denver. Playing around and going rogue in the middle of the season when a team is playing well can cause a team to take a turn for the worst. It could only last a couple of games or it could last a bit longer. Regardless of how well they're playing, I don't trust them in pressure situations and their slumps always come at the most inoppurtune time.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
tbh, this whole "they'll lose their confidence because they lost a game," is stupid. If a player loses all confidence because of one loss, then they have bigger issues than the game of basketball.Well, TJ and company thing NBA players are as mentally fragile and weak as they are.

DJB
02-22-2012, 01:03 PM

You're a retard. :tu

bus driver
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
rofl What was the win streak at again? rofl

the only win streak that matters is during the playoffs

:flag:

manufan10
02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
You're a retard. :tu

Shouldn't really be insulting retards like that, tbh.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but playoff seeding is important. So is riding momentum.

manufan10
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but playoff seeding is important. So is riding momentum.

How many #1 seeds have gone on to win the NBA Finals in the last 10-20 years?

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM

Don't need a winning streak in the playoffs, as long as you win one more than your opponent in a 7 game series.

timvp
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
The New Age is spectacular in their ability to be floored by events that were clearly on the horizon.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 02:51 PM
How many #1 seeds have gone on to win the NBA Finals in the last 10-20 years?

Pretty much the epitome of a meaningless stat. Home court advantage is extremely important for this particular team.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Pretty much the epitome of a meaningless stat. Home court advantage is extremely important for this particular team.

But we lost on the home court in the 1st round last year. Obviously home court doesn't matter anymore. Right?

Sean Cagney
02-22-2012, 02:55 PM
The New Age is spectacular in their ability to be floored by events that were clearly on the horizon.

Agreed.

jjktkk
02-22-2012, 03:02 PM

Chase_the_Bass
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Losses will happen. Why not take a loss in a game that was likely to be an L anyways? Save some gas in Tim and Tony's tanks while putting some much needed wear on Kawhi and company.

Losing a game you are supposed to lose doesn't kill momentum like losing a game you could have won does.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM

I'm not talking about "Greatest Coach of All Time", that's way off topic from this discussion.

I meant he's the consensus best coach in the NBA right now. Do you disagree that he is the best coach according to a majority of coaches and players?

And don't try to change the subject by switching to a Wilt vs. Jordan discussion. (Can't help tossing my take out there though... correct answer... None of the Above... it's Bill Russell.)

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not talking about "Greatest Coach of All Time", that's way off topic from this discussion.

I meant he's the consensus best coach in the NBA right now. Do you disagree that he is the best coach according to a majority of coaches and players?

And don't try to change the subject by switching to a Wilt vs. Jordan discussion. (Can't help tossing my take out there though... correct answer... None of the Above... it's Bill Russell.)

The point is that just because it's a consensus doesn't make it right, at all. The majority of people are mouth-breathing morons.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll give you 5 reasons:

and I'll give you 5 answers

1. Tim and Tony didn't really need the rest, this is just Pop needing to tinker with things just because he likes to tinker with things. Besides, every player in the nba will have a week off in 3 days, might as well take advantage of that instead of playing "mad scientist" and trying to avoid an unlikely injury.

Oh, OK. Yeah I'm sure that a multimillion dollar franchise has employed someone who "just likes to tinker with things".

2. You blow a nice winning streak to hell. You risk losing the confidence of your players. Also the chemistry of said players. Like others have mentioned, there really was nothing to be gained from throwing 5 inexperienced guys out on the court to wing it with no help; they would have learned just as much playing pick up games at the YMCA. In contrast the blazers' youth got some nice quality work in with the starters and actually learned some good disciplined structured basketball.

Do you really think any NBA player gives a flying fuck about the second night of a back to back in the middle of a 66 game season when it's clear they'll make the playoffs, most likely with some sort of HCA? Much less "loses confidence" over it?

3. You lose a game in the standings. Could be critical later on. As well the games you will now lose because of the possibility of lost confidence. These games will likely matter as well.

Only 1/2 a game, and it was most likely a loss regardless of whether Tim and Tony sat or not, so it's fool's gold to think you really lost that 1/2 a game. As to confidence, getting beat up on the road playing worn out starters against a good team is more demoralizing than playing your bench.

4. You basically tell the world (and in particular your own team) that you don't think they had a chance to win the game. That's always great for team morale btw. Especially great if you also end up meeting said team in the playoffs.

Again you are making the fool's gold assumption that by playing Tim and Tony that it would have been a competitive game. They probably still would have lost by 20 or so. And again I think you are making ridiculous assumptions about "team morale". This team is playing about four games a week with travel interspersed. Do you think they really are fretting about some single second-night-of-a-back-to-back-on-the-road game? And getting all down about it?

5. You punk yourself in front of a national tv network and also piss off all the fans who paid to see the game in person. That's always a smart thing to do.

Ah now, in reason #5, the REAL source of your anger comes out. You identify your manhood with the Spurs, apparently. And when they do what they did, "you punk yourself". Plus, you are "pissed off" as a fan when this happens.

Well, all I can say is, get some perspective and stop tying up your sense of self worth and manhood with some pro sports team. Get a life in other words. No one on the Spurs thinks about their job or role on the team, or about the team's status, in anything like these (I must say) childish emotional street punk kinds of ways.

More like rationalizations of why you are so emotional about this.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
The point is that just because it's a consensus doesn't make it right, at all. The majority of people are mouth-breathing morons.

Maybe actually read my posts next time? I didn't say "consensus of people". I said "consensus of NBA players and coaches"... who should have more of a clue than you or I about this subject.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Personally I love the decision by Pop, even if Parker and Tim didn't need the rest (which they did), it allowed Leonard to emerge as a potential future star for the Spurs and got him some time in the limelight as the go-to guy on the team. Good leadership experience and will probably improve his play as the season moves forward.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Maybe actually read my posts next time? I didn't say "consensus of people". I said "consensus of NBA players and coaches"... who should have more of a clue than you or I about this subject.

I would guess NBA players have an IQ somewhere between 70 and 80, on average. And no, just because they've been lucky doesn't mean they would know more about the game.

Cry Havoc
02-22-2012, 04:45 PM
I would guess NBA players have an IQ somewhere between 70 and 80, on average. And no, just because they've been lucky doesn't mean they would know more about the game.

Where would you rate Pop's IQ? Would you say it's higher or lower than yours? :lol

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Where would you rate Pop's IQ? Would you say it's higher or lower than yours? :lol

Surely that's not a serious question? Look at his education. lol

YoMamaIsCallin
02-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Wow. Just wow. This is so stunningly warped a post that I really don't know what to say.

I'm thinking things like: am I dealing with a sociopath here? Good luck out there, dude.... keep it together...

Arcadian
02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
It's plausible...I would guess that their average IQ is closer to 85, but that's still one standard deviation below the mean.

manufan10
02-22-2012, 08:39 PM

How so? They struggled earlier in the season, but they just strung together 7 wins in a row on the road.

BackHome
02-22-2012, 08:51 PM

+1:bang

manufan10
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
:lol Kewni Leonard
:lol TJastal

:cry Pop ruined the momentum. :cry
:cry the bench will have psychological problems :cry

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
:lol Kewni Leonard
:lol TJastal

:cry Pop ruined the momentum. :cry
:cry the bench will have psychological problems :cry

but the portland fans were not happy.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Surely that's not a serious question? Look at his education. lolHigher or lower than you?

Serious question.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Still not 100% sold that the call to basically wave the white flag and forfeit a game was the right move. I just don't see the logic in not playing Tony and Tim at all (10-15 minutes apiece would have been about right in keeping injury concerns at a minimum) plus it would have given the young'uns a little structure to work off of so they wouldn't have looked totally dazed and confused the entire game. Plus the last thing you want to do is give a potential playoff opponent an enormous confidence boost like that.

And while it tentatively looks like the team wasn't affected mentally by the beating, I'm going to hold my judgement on that seeing as the nuggets have been struggling even worse than the blazers and were short key guys. They made Dejuan Blair look like an all-star, 'nuff said.

The upshot to all this is Tim & Tony will be getting a whole lot of rest now with the
all-star break, so they should be good and rested for the next couple weeks so we won't have to worry about Pop going into tinker mode for the time being.

TheCerebral1
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM

My thoughts entirely. :wakeup

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm blaming the next loss on Pop's benching Tim and Tony.

Whenever that is....

manufan10
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Still not 100% sold that the call to basically wave the white flag and forfeit a game was the right move. I just don't see the logic in not playing Tony and Tim at all (10-15 minutes apiece would have been about right in keeping injury concerns at a minimum) plus it would have given the young'uns a little structure to work off of so they wouldn't have looked totally dazed and confused the entire game. Plus the last thing you want to do is give a potential playoff opponent an enormous confidence boost like that.

And while it tentatively looks like the team wasn't affected mentally by the beating, I'm going to hold my judgement on that seeing as the nuggets have been struggling even worse than the blazers and were short key guys. They made Dejuan Blair look like an all-star, 'nuff said.

The upshot to all this is Tim & Tony will be getting a whole lot of rest now with the
all-star break, so they should be good and rested for the next couple weeks so we won't have to worry about Pop going into tinker mode for the time being.

In one you say that the Spurs gave an enormous confidence boost to a team when the Spurs rested their 2 best healthy players. Then you go on to imply that we can't judge the Spurs off of the game against the Nuggets because they were "short key guys." How does that work?

manufan10
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I can hear them now.. "But the Nuggets weren't at full strength, so this doesn't count." :cry

jjktkk
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
In one you say that the Spurs gave an enormous confidence boost to a team when the Spurs rested their 2 best healthy players. Then you go on to imply that we can't judge the Spurs off of the game against the Nuggets because they were "short key guys." How does that work?

Classic Tjastal mode: Post a shitty take, get throughly shitted on shitty take, tries to backtrack shitty take, with another shitty take. In conclusion, I would have to come away with the opinion, that Tjastal is full of shit. :lol

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Classic Tjastal mode: Post a shitty take, get throughly shitted on shitty take, tries to backtrack shitty take, with another shitty take. In conclusion, I would have to come away with the opinion, that Tjastal is full of shit. :lol

lmao

UnWantedTheory
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM

OMG....Your psychic.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Invalid comparison.

Even if Pop thought there was no possible way to win the blazer game, I think Pop shouldn't have revealed that to the blazers. And by holding out not one, but BOTH his best players he did just that. Obviously since there was plenty of rest to be had in just 3 days, it wasn't just all about rest. A head coach should never show fear or weakness to an opponent. He should have just played his two big guns albeit limited minutes. The bench scrubs would have still lost the game most likely but at least the blazers wouldn't have been stoked into a feeding frenzy of epic proportions. What if the spurs face those same blazers in the 1st round of the playoffs?

manufan10
02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Invalid comparison.

Even if Pop thought there was no possible way to win the blazer game, I think Pop shouldn't have revealed that to the blazers. And by holding out not one, but BOTH his best players he did just that. Obviously since there was plenty of rest to be had in just 3 days, it wasn't just all about rest. A head coach should never show fear or weakness to an opponent. He should have just played his two big guns albeit limited minutes. The bench scrubs would have still lost the game most likely but at least the blazers wouldn't have been stoked into a feeding frenzy of epic proportions. What if the spurs face those same blazers in the 1st round of the playoffs?

:lmao

All he did was rest two players. He didn't reveal anything.

UnWantedTheory
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Invalid comparison.

Yeah, what if?

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Even if Pop thought there was no possible way to win the blazer game, I think Pop shouldn't have revealed that to the blazers.

The only thing he revealed are his thoughts on a lockout condensed schedule. It's not safe.

What if the spurs face those same blazers in the 1st round of the playoffs?

What if we do? That game will have no effect on what will happen in the playoffs. Plus we still play POR one more time this season, a game that will much much closer to the playoffs and much fresher to the minds of the players.

Plus, How would suiting up Tim and Tony and still getting blown out have been better? Also, when guys dress out and know they are going to be playing limited minutes they tend to get hurt because they aren't going full speed/don't stretch out right/ etc. Your argument is retarded.

You either thought Tim and Tony didn't need rest and wanted them to play 35 minutes and go for the win or not play at all. Those are the only valid arguments here, not "should have played them 10 minutes" what the fuck would that have done.

Drachen
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Invalid comparison.

I can't see anyone getting all happy about beating a spurs team without tim tony manu and splitter. Pop made them play his game which was a glorified practice for his young guys. It was a Seniors V Freshmen Scrimmage and everyone, Seniors and Freshmen alike, knew this. The young guys needed some practice and some run and so Pop imposed his will on the situation. The game itself was meaningless.

rogcl1
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Invalid comparison.

If they face each other, the ref will thow the ball up, the clock will start, and the score will be kept, and the teams will compete and there will be an outcome. Do you really think that Duncan, Parker , Ginobli, and Splitter will be influenced by a game several months ago that they weren't even a part of. The role players ,if they are worth a crap ,will remember and respond with extra effort also and be bolstered by the presence of the core players.
Now if key players are injured for the Spurs they wll lose anyway so what difference would it make. There has to be better points to make.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
If they face each other, the ref will thow the ball up, the clock will start, and the score will be kept, and the teams will compete and there will be an outcome. Do you really think that Duncan, Parker , Ginobli, and Splitter will be influenced by a game several months ago that they weren't even a part of. The role players ,if they are worth a crap ,will remember and respond with extra effort also and be bolstered by the presence of the core players.
Now if key players are injured for the Spurs they wll lose anyway so what difference would it make. There has to be better points to make.

I do think the blazers will have a mental edge on the spurs the rest of this year, up to and including a potential playoff matchup. However slight that is.

DisAsTerBot
02-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I do think the blazers will have a mental edge on the spurs the rest of this year, up to and including a potential playoff matchup. However slight that is.

lol, because the starters beat our bench??? :lol

Blake
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM

Rofl

DisAsTerBot
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
talk about false confidence, im fine with them thinking that game gives them an edge.

jjktkk
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
A head coach should never show fear or weakness to an opponent.

The Ditz Brigade General with, yet another gem. Pop was resting his top players in a short, compressed, lockout, schedule. Lol, Pop showing fear.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM

The Spurs had already beaten the Blazes once before.. This game does nothing for their confidence.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=320113024

rogcl1
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM

And then the game starts and there are entirely different players out there than at the massacre. .What happened to all of the scrubs? We beat their scrubs badly.Who are these guys out here now? Duncan, Parker, Manu, Splitter. Where they come from? We had an edge but these guys are different.
Come on, slaughtering a bunch of scrubs has no effect when playing against the real players, it actually might hurt because the looks and opportunities are going to be way different. I can't believe I am engaged in this conversation.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Invalid comparison.

Even if Pop thought there was no possible way to win the blazer game, I think Pop shouldn't have revealed that to the blazers. And by holding out not one, but BOTH his best players he did just that. Obviously since there was plenty of rest to be had in just 3 days, it wasn't just all about rest. A head coach should never show fear or weakness to an opponent. He should have just played his two big guns albeit limited minutes. The bench scrubs would have still lost the game most likely but at least the blazers wouldn't have been stoked into a feeding frenzy of epic proportions. What if the spurs face those same blazers in the 1st round of the playoffs?You think the Blazers are as stupid as you are.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM

The Spurs had already beaten the Blazes once before.. This game does nothing for their confidence.

"We needed to get back on track, we needed to bounce back from that loss that we had and we did it tonight," Aldridge said.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:27 PM
^ I would venture to say he was referring to the loss the night before against the Lakers, but nice try.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
^ I would venture to say he was referring to the loss the night before against the Lakers, but nice try.

No kidding. I was just pointing out the fact that the game was a huge confidence lift for the blazers.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
No kidding. I was just pointing out the fact that the game was a huge confidence lift for the blazers.

So you admit that the game has no effect on the next matchup between the Spurs and the Blazers.

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 03:33 PM
:lmao just stop posting in this thread TJizzedon. The thread is over.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
So you admit that the game has no effect on the next matchup between the Spurs and the Blazers.

Nope, didn't say that.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
OMG....Your psychic.

Now if only I could get those damn lotto numbers down. :lol

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Nope, didn't say that.

Blake
02-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Rofl mental edge!

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
"Remember that time we beat the Spurs by 40?"

"Yes. We now have a slight mental edge over them as long as their best four players are out."

Caeman
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
"Remember that time we beat the Spurs by 40?"

"Yes. We now have a slight mental edge over them as long as their best four players are out."

No asshole, you're missing the point. The point is Pop is a pussy. Those of us without Pop's dick in our mouths can see this. More importantly, the opposition sees this.

You remember what happened last year? The Grizzles saw the Spurs were pussy-like in nature. A part of that has to do with Pop's pussy-like nature.

The result? The Grizzles/Hollins punked the Spurs/Pop delivering the league the fourth time an 8th seed eliminated a number 1 seed.

You're out of your fucking mind if you don't think the mentality you carry into a game doesn't matter. You don't want playoff contenders (especially the Blazers, who plays well against us) knowing they can punk you. This is irrespective of who is playing; sometimes certain teams have your number.

If you don't believe me then think about this; Why do the Bucks/Philly, historically, always play well against the Spurs? I submit to you that the Bucks/Philly are overcome with a different type of confidence when they opponents (Spurs) they do well against. This occurs even in games when the Big 3 are featured. Confidence means everything in this league when practically in the league can ball.

Nevermind all this though. Get back to sucking that old man's dick. He probably won't be around too much longer, so enjoy that shit. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
No asshole, you're missing the point.If Pop sits the four best players in the playoffs, you will win the internets.

Oh, and lol meltdown.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 05:47 PM
No asshole, you're missing the point. The point is Pop is a pussy. Those of us without Pop's dick in our mouths can see this. More importantly, the opposition sees this.

You remember what happened last year? The Grizzles saw the Spurs were pussy-like in nature. A part of that has to do with Pop's pussy-like nature.

The result? The Grizzles/Hollins punked the Spurs/Pop delivering the league the fourth time an 8th seed eliminated a number 1 seed.

You're out of your fucking mind if you don't think the mentality you carry into a game doesn't matter. You don't want playoff contenders (especially the Blazers, who plays well against us) knowing they can punk you. This is irrespective of who is playing; sometimes certain teams have your number.

If you don't believe me then think about this; Why do the Bucks/Philly, historically, always play well against the Spurs? I submit to you that the Bucks/Philly are overcome with a different type of confidence when they opponents (Spurs) they do well against. This occurs even in games when the Big 3 are featured. Confidence means everything in this league when practically in the league can ball.

Nevermind all this though. Get back to sucking that old man's dick. He probably won't be around too much longer, so enjoy that shit. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Pop was bieng a pussy when the Spurs beat the Blazers by 16! :cry

DisAsTerBot
02-24-2012, 05:49 PM

ok, bucks/philly. So they can beat us with or without the big 3, which has nothing to do with your argument at all.

What does that have to do with portland, especially with us beating them earlier this season???

Blake
02-24-2012, 05:50 PM
:lol :lol

Caeman
02-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Pop was bieng a pussy when the Spurs beat the Blazers by 16! :cry

Pop was a pussy when Hollins punked his old ass last year too, huh? :lol

Blake
02-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Pop was a pussy when Hollins punked his old ass last year too, huh? :lol

Hollins had the mental edge!

Caeman
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
ok, bucks/philly. So they can beat us with or without the big 3, which has nothing to do with your argument at all.

What does that have to do with portland, especially with us beating them earlier this season???

I've been watching the Spurs for as long I can remember. There are certain teams that play against them well. Portland is one of those teams. Other teams include the Bucks, 76er's, Lakers (Phil always punks the senile old fuck), OKC (playing 8 on 5 is a bitch).

The last team you wanna give a freebie is a playoff opponent that we very likely might see again. I know Portland. I've been there and seen games. You don't want that arena on your ass during the playoffs. I'm not saying the series is already lost, but don't fucking push these assholes. The Grizzles should serve as a reminder. When a team thinks it can beat you, and has in the past, they'll beat you when it matters too (see Grizzles).

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Pop was a pussy when Hollins punked his old ass last year too, huh? :lolDid Pop sit his four best players against Memphis last season? Huh? Huh? Huh? :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I've been watching the Spurs for as long I can remember. There are certain teams that play against them well. Portland is one of those teams. Other teams include the Bucks, 76er's, Lakers (Phil always punks the senile old fuck), OKC (playing 8 on 5 is a bitch).

The last team you wanna give a freebie is a playoff opponent that we very likely might see again. I know Portland. I've been there and seen games. You don't want that arena on your ass during the playoffs. I'm not saying the series is already lost, but don't fucking push these assholes. The Grizzles should serve as a reminder. When a team thinks it can beat you, and has in the past, they'll beat you when it matters too (see Grizzles).Hmm, good teams seem to play well against the Spurs.

Fascinating.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Hollins had the mental edge!

Yep. It was also exhibited by everyone of the Grizzles' players. They sent our asses packing home early last year; in historic fashion as well.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Did Pop sit his four best players against Memphis last season? Huh? Huh? Huh? :lol

Pop played the Big 3 against them and still couldn't change the fact that Hollin's was gonna punk that old ass. He punked that ass good too; one for the ages. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Pop played the Big 3 against them and still couldn't change the fact that Hollin's was gonna punk that old ass. He punked that ass good too; one for the ages. :lolAnd you loved every minute of it.

You loved watching the spurs lose so you could bitch about it.

You couldn't bitch about last night, so you had to go back to last season. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Tell us again how good teams play basketball well.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:03 PM
And you loved every minute of it.

You loved watching the spurs lose so you could bitch about it.

You couldn't bitch about last night, so you had to go back to last season. :lol

I love this shit. Last night I was with my friends drinking and watching the game. We had fun. We always do, but it's best when the Spurs win.

I love the Spurs. I hate pretentious faggots like you that think you're a better fan than me because you have Pop's dick in your mouth

I had fun last night. But I guess you're saying you had more fun?:rolleyes :rollin

Go back to sucking that old man's dick.

I'll go back to watching my TEAM play basketball. :flag:

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:04 PM
I love this shit. Last night I was with my friends drinking and watching the game. We had fun. We always do, but it's best when the Spurs win.

I love the Spurs. I hate pretentious faggots like you that think you're a better fan than me because you have Pop's dick in your mouthI'm better than you because I'm not an idiot.

I had fun last night. But I guess you're saying you had more fun?:rolleyes :rollin

Go back to sucking that old man's dick.

I'll go back to watching my TEAM play basketball. :flag:You sure think about sucking dick a lot.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Tell us again how good teams play basketball well.

Why don't you tell us how giving a good team (say, like the Grizzles) more confidence helps the Spurs? From what we saw last year, it doesnt. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Why don't you tell us how giving a good team (say, like the Grizzles) more confidence helps the Spurs? From what we saw last year, it doesnt. :rollinWhen did the Spurs sit their four best players against Memphis during the regular season?

Link, please. You're just making shit up now.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm better than you because I'm not an idiot.

You sure think about sucking dick a lot.

Wait, aren't you the no-life loser that watches all the development games?

You're right. You're way better than me. :lmao

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
When did the Spurs sit their four best players against Memphis during the regular season?

Link, please. You're just making shit up now.

Hey dickhead, you keep missing the point. When you're coach is a pussy, other teams will not respect you. SEE THE GRIZZLES LAST YEAR. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Wait, aren't you the no-life loser that watches all the development games?

You're right. You're way better than me. :lmaolol mental edge.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey dickhead, you keep missing the point. When you're coach is a pussy, other teams will not respect you. SEE THE GRIZZLES LAST YEAR. :rollinlol you're

lol mental edge

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
lmao

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
lol you're

lol mental edge

You agree then? Pop is a pussy. :lol

Mel_13
02-24-2012, 06:13 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/7/129073301514313053.jpg

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:14 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/7/129073301514313053.jpg

Unfortunately, CumDumpster is to far in Pop's ass to go anywhere else but further in. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately, CumDumpster is to far in Pop's ass to go anywhere else but further in. :rollinPretty sure he wasn't talking about me.

lol you're mental edge

Blake
02-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Mental Edge ©

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Pretty sure he wasn't talking about me.

lol you're mental edge

You're a faggot. Check it, it's correct.

Your lips are wrapped around Pop's cock. That's factually and grammatically correct.

It's called a typo you D-league fuck. :rollin

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Mental Edge ©

I think the Grizzles had a mental edge last year. :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:24 PM
http://di1-4.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/42/cb/e6/34593733-260x260-0-0_Source+Naturals+Source+Naturals+Mental+Edge+240+ Ta.jpg

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
If only they could bottle that stuff!

timvp
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan in the last game of the regular in 2003 against the Mavs. Dallas won 93-72 and got the slight mental edge they needed.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200304160SAS.html

I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan and Ginobili against the Suns in the infamous Robert Sarver chicken flapping game back in 2005. The Suns won the game and obviously got the slight mental edge.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200503090PHO.html

I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan, Parker and Ginobili back in 2007 against the Nuggets. The Nuggets destroyed the Spurs 100-77 and got that damn slight mental edge.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704180SAS.html

Pop needs to stop being a pvssy and man up!!!!1!!1111!one!!!!1uno!!

timvp
02-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Oh wait the Spurs won a championship each of those years while beating each of those teams in the playoffs ... despite the lack of mental edgedness.

DesignatedT
02-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Also 2010 last regular season game vs the Mavs.

Rick Carlisle "They want us, they got us"

Mel_13
02-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan in the last game of the regular in 2003 against the Mavs. Dallas won 93-72 and got the slight mental edge they needed.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200304160SAS.html

I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan and Ginobili against the Suns in the infamous Robert Sarver chicken flapping game back in 2005. The Suns won the game and obviously got the slight mental edge.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200503090PHO.html

I'm still mad at Pop for resting Duncan, Parker and Ginobili back in 2007 against the Nuggets. The Nuggets destroyed the Spurs 100-77 and got that damn slight mental edge.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200704180SAS.html

Pop needs to stop being a pvssy and man up!!!!1!!1111!one!!!!1uno!!

Oh wait the Spurs won a championship each of those years while beating each of those teams in the playoffs ... despite the lack of mental edgedness.

Also 2010 last regular season game vs the Mavs.

Rick Carlisle "They want us, they got us"

Now you've gone and cluttered the discussion with facts.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Popobitches come out in full force :) Let's how many more faggots I can get to come out of the woodwork.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:33 PM
MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS!MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS!MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS! MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS!MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS!MENTAL EDGE! SUCKING DICKS!
http://aiminglow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/internet-typing.gif

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Check this quote out from last year. :rollin

"They feel they match up well with us. They chose to play us," Duncan said. "They got us. We'll see what happens."

We all saw what happened. A CONFIDENT, YOUNG team punked that ass. Punked it good too.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
http://aiminglow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/internet-typing.gif

CumDumster "You don't know D-League. You don't watch the D-League like my loser ass does." :rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Now you've gone and cluttered the discussion with facts.

Check this quote out from last year. :rollin

"They feel they match up well with us. They chose to play us," Duncan said. "They got us. We'll see what happens."

We all saw what happened. A CONFIDENT, YOUNG team punked that ass. Punked it good too.So you're calling Duncan a pussy now.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:40 PM
CumDumster "You don't know D-League. You don't watch the D-League like my loser ass does." :rollinlol Dumster

lol losing your shit.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:46 PM
lol Dumster

lol losing your shit.

I love you Popobitches. I really do. So easy to troll. :rollin

Keep it up, I like to think I'm keeping you away from your D-league games. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I love you Popobitches. I really do. So easy to troll. :rollin

Keep it up, I like to think I'm keeping you away from your D-league games. :lolI love it when guys start looking stupid so they say they are "just trolling" :tu

dirkdirkastan
02-24-2012, 06:51 PM
lol Dumster

lol losing your shit.

Lol Chumpydumper getting his shit wacked.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Lol Chumpydumper getting his shit wacked.lol never heard of you

lol wacked

Caeman
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I love it when guys start looking stupid so they say they are "just trolling" :tu

You keep coming back for more though. When it comes to faggots like you I'm just like Pop. You always come back for more. You can never get enough of that dick. I'm sure when you're sucking Pop off you're constantly thanking him for those 4 rings. All the while, Pop is thinking "I didn't do shit, it was the Big 3. I rode those coattails. But, hell if i'm turning this suckoff down. :rollin

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Does Pop and the FO come to you when they're looking for some D-league talent? Or is it simply a one way road where you suck him off for absolutely nothing?

Do you realize that Pop doesn't know you exist? Yet, you defend that senile old man as if it's his dick that is in your mouth. LOL

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
lol never heard of you

lol wacked

Of course you haven't heard of him. He doesn't play in the D-League. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
You keep coming back for more though. When it comes to faggots like you I'm just like Pop. You always come back for more. You can never get enough of that dick. I'm sure when you're sucking Pop off you're constantly thanking him for those 4 rings. All the while, Pop is thinking "I didn't do shit, it was the Big 3. I rode those coattails. But, hell if i'm turning this suckoff down. :rollinLooks like you can't get enough tbh.

rr2418
02-24-2012, 07:03 PM
This thread is still going on??

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Pop is managing this season beautifully so far from a big picture perspective, and y'all dickheads should STFU. :lol

ChumpDumper
Does Pop and the FO come to you when they're looking for some D-league talent? Or is it simply a one way road where you suck him off for absolutely nothing?

Do you realize that Pop doesn't know you exist? Yet, you defend that senile old man as if it's his dick that is in your mouth. LOLThere you go again.

timvp
02-24-2012, 07:04 PM
The .jpg and .gif usage in this thread is top notch :tu

Tbh, this Caeman guy has potential as a poster. Underneath his homoerotic obsession and his propensity to let regular season games cause a meltdown, he offers decently solid takes ... and can actually type coherent sentences. It'll be interesting to see if he can pull it all together or if he will become a caricature of himself.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Looks like you can't get enough tbh.

Actually, just the opposite. I've had enough of the Popobitches in this forum. I'm tired of those guys sucking Pop off like he is some god. Newsflash, the asshole rode Timmy's coattails. You know, like Kobe rode Shaq? Timmy carried the old man.

It's time for you to get off that dick and enjoy life. It might be good for you.

DPG21920
02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Timvp with the reverse if I tell them they're good maybe they'll buy it goods

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Actually, just the opposite. I've had enough of the Popobitches in this forum. I'm tired of those guys sucking Pop off like he is some god. Newsflash, the asshole rode Timmy's coattails. You know, like Kobe rode Shaq? Timmy carried the old man.

It's time for you to get off that dick and enjoy life. It might be good for you.Well, we know how you enjoy life.

lol not knowing what I was talking about.

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:10 PM
The .jpg and .gif usage in this thread is top notch :tu

Tbh, this Caeman guy has potential as a poster. Underneath his homoerotic obsession and his propensity to let regular season games cause a meltdown, he offers decently solid takes ... and can actually type coherent sentences. It'll be interesting to see if he can pull it all together or if he will become a caricature of himself.

:toast

I want to contribute more. But I will admit that when people take homerism to far, I have to bring them down. I love the Spurs. I love the Big 3. Hell, I even like Pop.

When I talk shit about the Spurs or Pop, I do it to troll these assholes that believe they're a better fan than those that criticize.

The fact is, holding your tongue does not make you a better fan.

Hell, neither does watching the D-League. :lmao

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:11 PM
:toast

I want to contribute more. But I will admit that when people take homerism to far, I have to bring them down. I love the Spurs. I love the Big 3. Hell, I even like Pop.

When I talk shit about the Spurs or Pop, I do it to troll these assholes that believe they're a better fan than those that criticize.

The fact is, holding your tongue does not make you a better fan.

Hell, neither does watching the D-League. :lmaoSo trolling and talking about your homoerotic fantasies makes you a better fan?

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Just look at this thread. So much offense taken on behalf of Pop.

I think everyone is guilty of taking this shit too serious. Those that meltdown, and those that get trolled over some harmless critique of the Pop/Spurs.

If you can't see that. You're taking this shit to seriously.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Just look at this thread. So much offense taken on behalf of Pop.

I think everyone is guilty of taking this shit too serious. Those that meltdown, and those that get trolled over some harmless critique of the Pop/Spurs.

If you can't see that. You're taking this shit to seriously.What about when you melt down?

Caeman
02-24-2012, 07:15 PM
So trolling and talking about your homoerotic fantasies makes you a better fan?

Hey, you're the one defending Pop as if he's your dad or boyfriend. Not me.

Does holding one's tongue make them a better fan?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey, you're the one defending Pop as if he's your dad or boyfriend. Not me.Actually, I'm just making fun of you. Your take was pretty terrible.

Does holding one's tongue make them a better fan?Never said it did. You made a straw man there. Do you want to go back to calling me names and talking about dicks now?

dirkdirkastan
02-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey, you're the one defending Pop as if he's your dad or boyfriend. Not me.

Does holding one's tongue make them a better fan?

Cumdumpster DID pop so it actually makes a lot of sense.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Timvp with the reverse if I tell them they're good maybe they'll buy it goods

Great season so far. The question is, how much better can the D get? Oh, and can we stay healthy enough to go anywhere?

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Cumdumpster DID pop so it actually makes a lot of sense.More latent fantasies from GNSF.