PDA

View Full Version : Resting players.

xellos88330
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
After watching what I think was a basketball game, I began to wonder if resting players is a double edged sword. On one hand, you can keep your stars fresh. On the other, you can seriously destroy any confidence your bench players have built in this crazy season.

I want to know what SpursTalk.com posters think about this subject and whether or not resting your players is a good idea. I mean last year Pop rested Manu, but it didn't stop him from getting hurt. I think shit just happens and that "resting" players is not a good enough reason to throw a game.

Thoughts?

Robz4000
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I mentioned this earlier in the game thread about how this loss can and very well may destroy any of the confidence the bench has built, much like how the Mavs game gave them confidence. Guess we'll know in the coming weeks if the team goes on an 11 game losing streak.

Fireball
02-22-2012, 12:32 AM
yep ... confidence killer is right ... and both Timmy and Tony lookd good playing those minutes ... saving minutes was not rewarded the last years, perhaps Pop should just quit doing it and let Timmy enjoy his final season(s) ...

Beanzamillion21
02-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Shit sucks. These assholes get paid all this money to take nights off. I would be fired if I showed up to work and did nothing. I think it is horrible for a team to go through what they did tonight. The bench is probably exhausted and nothing good came out of it.
Resting players is useless. IMO!

spectator
02-22-2012, 12:34 AM
listen man, you obviously have not played or competed in any sport that requires recovery time; i did both tennis and track, and i can tell you that rest is a huge factor when it comes to performance. fyi, most of the drugs cyclists use do not boost performance, but recovery time.

take a chill pill people and enjoy the 2nd best record in the west - without ginobili.

oh yeah, and the kid kawhi is pretty good.

Beanzamillion21
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
listen man, you obviously have not played or competed in any sport that requires recovery time; i did both tennis and track, and i can tell you that rest is a huge factor when it comes to performance. fyi, most of the drugs cyclists use do not boost performance, but recovery time.

take a chill pill people and enjoy the 2nd best record in the west - without ginobili.

All individual sports brah.

spectator
02-22-2012, 12:46 AM
All individual sports brah.

i guess i should return all my doubles trophies cause i must have been sleeping

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2012, 12:48 AM
resting players is cheating fans who pay tickets to go watch the game

fkn they should be forced to play their best 10, or released the roster lineups b4 the game....if ppl knew shit players were playing instead of starters/stars of the game, they wouldnt even bother wasting money on that shit....

i think in soccer, they get penalized if they dont select their best 11

Spurminator
02-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I have yet to see any real evidence on either side of the argument. There's no precedent to show that if you coddle your best players in the regular season and limit their minutes, they will perform better in the postseason... But who knows if some teams in the past might have benefitted from more rest?

The wear and tear of the regular season really only affects postseason performance when there is an injury. While it can reasonably be suggested that more rest means injury is less likely, I'd be surprised if anyone can actually show a real-life example of this proving itself out in an actual NBA season.

Part of the problem is the small sample, since Pop is the only coach I know of that has utilized the approach to this degree. But the Spurs have been ill-prepared for the postseason the last three years, and this isn't the first season that Pop has been careful about minute distribution.

So without having any way of knowing if resting players is a good thing or not, I guess I'd prefer for my coach to have the same level of expectations of his star players that every other coach in the league has, and take my chances.

(This reflects my opinion on resting players in general over the course of the season, and not necessarily my thoughts on this particular game. I actually don't have a problem with resting Duncan but I would have liked to see Parker start the game and sit out the second half if it was a blow out.)

Beanzamillion21
02-22-2012, 12:50 AM
i guess i should return all my doubles trophies cause i must have been sleeping

Guess so.

Keepin' it real
02-22-2012, 12:53 AM
After watching what I think was a basketball game, I began to wonder if resting players is a double edged sword. On one hand, you can keep your stars fresh. On the other, you can seriously destroy any confidence your bench players have built in this crazy season.

I want to know what SpursTalk.com posters think about this subject and whether or not resting your players is a good idea. I mean last year Pop rested Manu, but it didn't stop him from getting hurt. I think shit just happens and that "resting" players is not a good enough reason to throw a game.

Thoughts?

First and foremost, I think sitting players is a huge disservice to the truest of fans, the ones who actually pay big money to see the games in person. Attending a game in which the best players sit is like going to Jurrasic Park and not seeing the T-rex. What's the point?

Now, as I step off my soapbox, I will say that if a team were a legit title contender, and if key players from that team could benefit by resting here and there, well at least I can understand the logic. The question is: are the spurs a legit title contender?

I think many of us could agree the spurs have an outside shot (pun intended) given the lack of a clear favorite. That said, the next question is: what benefits the team more, rest or home court? If you believe the team can win on the road in the playoffs, rest the stars. But if you believe home court is essential for success, then you play 'em every night to get the highest seed possible.

pookenstein
02-22-2012, 12:56 AM

fkn they should be forced to play their best 10, or released the roster lineups b4 the game....if ppl knew shit players were playing instead of starters/stars of the game, they wouldnt even bother wasting money on that shit....

:tu

No. At least not in any european major league.

spurtech09
02-22-2012, 12:56 AM

Agree

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2012, 12:57 AM
resting players is stupid like pops white flag bullshit clearing the bench to chase down a blowout lead...sometime it works, sometime it doesnt...

Reck
02-22-2012, 12:58 AM
You can never rest all your good players at any giving time during the season.

Pop puzzles me. This is not the end of the season, you"re not in coasting mode. Pop is a moron.

The loss tonight did by far most damaged then playing your players, which by the way are paid to.

If teams werent taking the Spurs seriously before they sure as fuck not gonna show respect now.

Pop is just pathetic.

Fireball
02-22-2012, 01:00 AM

:lmao

Mugen
02-22-2012, 01:00 AM
You can never rest all your good players at any giving time during the season.

Pop puzzles me. This is not the end of the season, you"re not in coasting mode. Pop is a moron.

The loss tonight did by far most damaged then playing your players, which by the way are paid to.

If teams werent taking the Spurs seriously before they sure as fuck not gonna show respect now.

Pop is just pathetic.

What exactly is the benefit of other teams taking the Spurs more seriously and showing them respect?

Reck
02-22-2012, 01:07 AM
What exactly is the benefit of other teams taking the Spurs more seriously and showing them respect?

The diffrence between knowing your playing a total scrub team and an elite team.

When a team gets embarrass like this, do you think other teams go into that game shaking their boots?

Get real.

mexicanjunior
02-22-2012, 01:10 AM
I am for resting players when playoff seeds in your conference are decided (like we should have done last year) but not when we are this early in the season. I could understand it more if this was the middle game of a b2b2b with no rest in site but we are 3 days away from the ASG...no reason to have thrown this game away before tip off. That said, we would have lost tonight even if Duncan and Parker played, the Blazers were just too hot from the 3 point line.

Spurs9
02-22-2012, 01:11 AM
I've heard the "diservice" to the fan argument before, I go to many games myself. This season is condensed and has a TON of crazy schedules, 3 games in 3 nights etc etc. Would it still be a diservice is Pop played the crap out of Duncan, and he got injured on the 3rd game of a 3 game in a row night and he ends up out for 4 weeks? You guys would bitch, "Pop should have rested Duncan blah blah blah" The Spurs just won 11 games in a row. Hell rest the players, theres no rule saying Pop can't. At the end of the day Pop is still smarter than any of the experts on this forum think he should be doing. People are always bitching about Pop and what he does or doesn't do. At the end of the day we have won 4 championships in a short amount of time, and have the top 3 highest winning percentage of active players(Tim, Tony, and Manu). So the method to his "madness" has some thought to it. We are here for the long haul, not worried about playing the shit out of our starters who have been producing like crazy so far. Pop is not the only one to do it, Eric does it with the Heat too. Stop being bitches guys. Spurs 2012 Champs.:flag::flag::flag:

Mugen
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
The diffrence between knowing your playing a total scrub team and an elite team.

When a team gets embarrass like this, do you think other teams go into that game shaking their boots?

Get real.

lol "shaking in their boots" in the nba

Do you really think other teams are gonna take much from a game where the Spurs don't have their 4 best players?

If the Lakers sat Kobe/Bynum/Gasol and we beat them by 40, would you expect the same outcome when you play them again full strength?

I don't think the Spurs or any other team for that matter really cares what their opponent thinks of them. It's just a matter of executing and playing to the best of your abilities.

tuncaboylu
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm OK with Pop's decision. This is 8th straight away game and we've just lost 2 key members to injury. We can not handle another injury at this time and if one of Tony or Tim injures, we can lose more than 1 game.

Kewni Leonard
I am for resting players when playoff seeds in your conference are decided (like we should have done last year) but not when we are this early in the season. I could understand it more if this was the middle game of a b2b2b with no rest in site but we are 3 days away from the ASG...no reason to have thrown this game away before tip off. That said, we would have lost tonight even if Duncan and Parker played, the Blazers were just too hot from the 3 point line.

I disagree with this totally. It's an entirely different game if they both play. They were free to fire from 3 with little doubt in their mind they were going to win this game. Shots become a lot harder when there is doubt in your mind.

Brutalis
To the OP:

I just came onto ST thinking the same damn thing. Great, get our guys rest. But oh fuck, we just threw KL and crew under the bus.

I don't even agree with Pop tonight... you dress our players, period. Duncan could have went 10-15 mins along with Parker. This is complete bullshit.

Kewni Leonard
02-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm OK with Pop's decision. This is 8th straight away game and we've just lost 2 key members to injury. We can not handle another injury at this time and if one of Tony or Tim injures, we can lose more than 1 game.

Guess we better rest Tim, Tony and Manu until the playoffs start then. Wouldn't want to take the risk of them getting injured.

jjktkk
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't like Pop sitting players, but the only thing I worry about is a healthy squad heading into the playoffs.

SenorSpur
02-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Part of the problem is the small sample, since Pop is the only coach I know of that has utilized the approach to this degree. But the Spurs have been ill-prepared for the postseason the last three years, and this isn't the first season that Pop has been careful about minute distribution.

The Spurs have not been ill-prepared for the postseason the last three years, rather they've been ill-equipped. From the recurring injuries to Manu, to the lack of players with necessary and specific skill sets. However the greatest issue for the Spurs has been the inevitable decline of their once-great superstar player, Tim Duncan.

If this were the Duncan of 5-8 years ago, we wouldn't even be discussing this. You simply cannot win in the playoffs without superstar performances from superstar players. If your superstar is in decline, he cannot conjure up moments of greatness on a consistent basis, you're not going to make a deep run in the playoffs. Forget about championships. That is where the Spurs are at. And that has nothing to do with tanking a game or two in the middle of the season.

xellos88330
02-22-2012, 01:27 AM

Are you serious? Isn't that why Pop is limiting minutes? Why not limit Tim's minutes? Chemistry isn't found by playing w/o your rotation players. How many assists did the Spurs have tonight? If Pop was going to pull this bullshit, why didn't he do the Denver game? Altitude, Denver coming off a back to back, and the Spurs' stars could pretty much rest through the all star break.

Don't make assumptions about people you don't know either dude. OBVIOUSLY you have no idea who I am and what I have done or am doing. Are you stupid or something? :toast

SA210
02-22-2012, 01:31 AM
To the OP:

I just came onto ST thinking the same damn thing. Great, get our guys rest. But oh fuck, we just threw KL and crew under the bus.

I don't even agree with Pop tonight... you dress our players, period. Duncan could have went 10-15 mins along with Parker. This is complete bullshit.

I have yet to see any real evidence on either side of the argument. There's no precedent to show that if you coddle your best players in the regular season and limit their minutes, they will perform better in the postseason... But who knows if some teams in the past might have benefitted from more rest?

The wear and tear of the regular season really only affects postseason performance when there is an injury. While it can reasonably be suggested that more rest means injury is less likely, I'd be surprised if anyone can actually show a real-life example of this proving itself out in an actual NBA season.

So without having any way of knowing if resting players is a good thing or not, I guess I'd prefer for my coach to have the same level of expectations of his star players that every other coach in the league has, and take my chances.

(This reflects my opinion on resting players in general over the course of the season, and not necessarily my thoughts on this particular game. I actually don't have a problem with resting Duncan but I would have liked to see Parker start the game and sit out the second half if it was a blow out.)

:tu

ElNono
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree with Senor. Duncan wasn't "tired" or "not rested enough" last playoffs. He just got worked by younger guys simply because Timmy unfortunately isn't the force he used to be and he didn't have enough help around him.

On that vein, I have no problem with Pop sitting him a game here or there. That wear and tear is more pronounced at this stage of his career and if that saves him from some injury due to fatigue, then it's welcome.

What I don't know is why Tony is resting. I know he played a lot of minutes in the last few games, but frankly he's currently #19 in mpg among guards and he's still a young guy.

venitian navigator
02-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Guys, Tim and Parker played more than 35 minutes just 24 hours ago...more than any other "young" player of the team.
plus, TP is carryng the offensive load in all this RRT and Tim is one of the best over 35 players ever...at his age and with his knees he should play a very limitesd amount of time he we want him to play aagain for some more season.
Both absolutely needed some rest.

And one more thing.
JA behavior needed an answer.
'cause if any player, just after one (or some, for the matter) decent game can think he has the right to ask for being traded (or for asking a "fair" amount of money next season...that's for JA but also for the other free agents or semi free agents next year, see, for example, Green or Neal or Blair) then he must AT LEAST show something important when having the chance to play and shine by his own light.
Sink or swim.
And if you can't swim (and looks like a lot of our bench players still can't) you just have to stay humble with your requests...

therealtruth
02-22-2012, 03:27 AM
The Spurs have not been ill-prepared for the postseason the last three years, rather they've been ill-equipped. From the recurring injuries to Manu, to the lack of players with necessary and specific skill sets. However the greatest issue for the Spurs has been the inevitable decline of their once-great superstar player, Tim Duncan.

If this were the Duncan of 5-8 years ago, we wouldn't even be discussing this. You simply cannot win in the playoffs without superstar performances from superstar players. If your superstar is in decline, he cannot conjure up moments of greatness on a consistent basis, you're not going to make a deep run in the playoffs. Forget about championships. That is where the Spurs are at. And that has nothing to do with tanking a game or two in the middle of the season.

That's precisely the problem. I would rather Pop played TD so he could go out at a high level with one more ring rather than baby him with no chance of competing again. I would rather Duncan have won a ring or two more by now and be retiring than not playing at a high level and playing 5 more seasons.

therealtruth
02-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Don't just look at Pop's record. When's the last time a coach won a title by resting his players?

Proxy
02-22-2012, 04:07 AM
I wonder if Duncan and Parker were as big of bitches about this as some of you guys are.

Paranoid Pop
02-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Don't just look at Pop's record. When's the last time a coach won a title by resting his players?

When is the last time a coach won a title with a glass player as his first option?

Fans' responsability >>>>>>>> Pop's

Yuixafun
02-22-2012, 05:50 AM
They got whooped by angry rested starters on their home court.

I don't think this kills any confidence.

More like takes people down a peg who were maybe starting to getting harder to coach due to success?

Yuixafun
02-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Guys, Tim and Parker played more than 35 minutes just 24 hours ago...more than any other "young" player of the team.
plus, TP is carryng the offensive load in all this RRT and Tim is one of the best over 35 players ever...at his age and with his knees he should play a very limitesd amount of time he we want him to play aagain for some more season.
Both absolutely needed some rest.

And one more thing.
JA behavior needed an answer.
'cause if any player, just after one (or some, for the matter) decent game can think he has the right to ask for being traded (or for asking a "fair" amount of money next season...that's for JA but also for the other free agents or semi free agents next year, see, for example, Green or Neal or Blair) then he must AT LEAST show something important when having the chance to play and shine by his own light.
Sink or swim.
And if you can't swim (and looks like a lot of our bench players still can't) you just have to stay humble with your requests...

cosign

shraediggz
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Does anyone here seriously think we could have pulled out a W by letting Parker lead a Duncan-less front line, or worse, Cory Joseph struggling to get the ball to TD while Parker rests.

Likewise. Does anyone believe resting TD and TP for half the game, or limiting their minutes in any way would have resulted in a win? We needed an average of 38+ minutes from the both of them to eek out our last 2 wins.

And lastly, Is it wise for us to assume TD and TP would both be able to sustain high level of play whilst logging heavy minutes? When was the last time a team won a championship with their key players logging that many mpg?

It just doesn't happen very often. Last time it did happen for the Spurs, Duncan was 26yo.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Does anyone here seriously think we could have pulled out a W by letting Parker lead a Duncan-less front line, or worse, Cory Joseph struggling to get the ball to TD while Parker rests.

Likewise. Does anyone believe resting TD and TP for half the game, or limiting their minutes in any way would have resulted in a win? We needed an average of 38+ minutes from the both of them to eek out our last 2 wins.

And lastly, Is it wise for us to assume TD and TP would both be able to sustain high level of play whilst logging heavy minutes? When was the last time a team won a championship with their key players logging that many mpg?

It just doesn't happen very often. Last time it did happen for the Spurs, Duncan was 26yo.

What's to sustain? They all have a week long fucking vacation in 3 more days.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Well that's not entirely true, TP gets to play some spot duty in the all-star game. I'm sure he'll be on the ground gasping for air after that rigorous affair. :lol

bklynspursfan
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
A couple different takes on it... I have mixed feelings. But good God I can't wait for Ford to come back so Cory Matthews can go back to the Toros. And I really hope there's something in the works to limit Blair's time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37458/spurs-sacrifice-win-streak-for-a-little-rr

http://www.basketballticket.com/spurs-are-staying-smart/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+basketballticket%2FIZge+%28Ba sketball+Tickets%29

jgome21
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM

Lol what kind of soccer you watchin?

jgome21
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
people are making too big a deal of this. the only reason why pop's doin this is because of the compressed schedule. TP and TD have been playing lots of mins and we don't need to run them into the dirt. it's already been done so it's time to move on.

manufan10
02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Some of you are acting like Pop rested Tim and Tony during a playoff series. The rest of you, well, you're going to hate on Pop no matter what he does, so this was to be expected from you.

ManuTastic
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I have no problem with resting Tim and Tony last night. They've played a ton of minutes, Tim's old, and those old legs need recovery time. Good move for the Spurs. Did anyone think they were going to win every game for the rest of the season?

The only problem I have with it is how it screws the paying fans. NBA tix are expensive, and fans pay to see the stars compete hard.

So how's this: if a team rests its starters, they have to pay a certain amount of money as a refund to the people who bought tickets for that game. Doesn't have to be a total refund, but maybe 50%. Something like that might work; these teams are in show biz after all.

cheguevara
02-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Pop is known for his stupid experiments. He is a control freak and maybe a little schizo.

His hack-a-mole is a tired and unsuccessful schtik. His resting players has already backfired last year in the Manu injury. Yet he still goes with this shit.

But what is really unforgiveable is sending our Spurs in without any bigmen. Did he want to teach them a lesson? They have been playing well, why punish them?

SenorSpur
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
For everyone that either praises Pop or derides him for decisions like this, analysts and fans alike, I would like to remind everyone that Pop coaches and works with a level of autonomy that virtually no other coach has. As President of Basketball Operations, he reports to the owner. He also has 4 rings in his back pocket also affords him another level of autonomy that other coaches simply do not have. Therefore, I don't think it's as gutsy or brilliant as some have indicated. Just something to remember.

silverblk mystix
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I didn't have a problem with last nights decision by Pop...actually I think they would have lost anyway...they were due for a loss..and Portland always beats the Spurs at home...or so it seems lately.

I actually think Pop should rest TP & TD again in Denver....because they will also lose that game with or without TP & TD...so might as well get them another day of rest...

LongtimeSpursFan
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM

I played and coached basketball. From first hand experience games like this do not affect the teams confidence. In most cases, players usually have a good time and laugh about what went on on the court. After the game Timmy and Tony were sarcastically congratulating those that played on how they let the 11 game winning streak end. They were also mocking Dawson for that shot he made where he shot it over his head. As a matter of fact, they may even try to do the same thing during practice to see if they can perform same shot. Those players that did play were probably telling Timmy how great he looks in a sports coat.
Resting players, especially those that have been getting extended minutes is a non-issue to the players themselves.

Horse
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM

You make a great point but I don't know if I would admit I'm a man who plays tennis around these parts.

therealtruth
02-22-2012, 01:41 PM
For everyone that either praises Pop or derides him for decisions like this, analysts and fans alike, I would like to remind everyone that Pop coaches and works with a level of autonomy that virtually no other coach has. As President of Basketball Operations, he reports to the owner. He also has 4 rings in his back pocket also affords him another level of autonomy that other coaches simply do not have. Therefore, I don't think it's as gutsy or brilliant as some have indicated. Just something to remember.

Kerr called it back in '10 when the Suns swept the Spurs. He said Pop's been playing with house money.

TJastal
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
I didn't have a problem with last nights decision by Pop...actually I think they would have lost anyway...they were due for a loss..and Portland always beats the Spurs at home...or so it seems lately.

I actually think Pop should rest TP & TD again in Denver....because they will also lose that game with or without TP & TD...so might as well get them another day of rest...

Might as well just make it the rest of the month and add the Chicago game too to make it a perfect trifecta of turning the other cheek.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Thoughts?

Question answered! 8-1 Rodeo Road Trip. Without Manu and some without Tiago. This team is stacked. :lobt:

xellos88330
02-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Question answered! 8-1 Rodeo Road Trip. Without Manu and some without Tiago. This team is stacked. :lobt:

Agreed. I still think that Parker and Duncan should have sat out this game, and not the prior one. The bench matches up better against the Nuggets.

Bruno
02-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Pop has open the Pandora's box.

Tanking a game in the middle of the season is an ugly and unnatural move fro a coach. Pop, the most respected coach in the league, has done it with success. Beating a tired and injured Nuggets team isn't a big deal but the start of the game showed that there is no kind of psychological impact of tanking a game for a team.

During the all star break, a lot of coaches will look at their respective schedule and see what games they could/should possibly tank.

therealtruth
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Pop has open the Pandora's box.

Tanking a game in the middle of the season is an ugly and unnatural move fro a coach. Pop, the most respected coach in the league, has done it with success. Beating a tired and injured Nuggets team isn't a big deal but the start of the game showed that there is no kind of psychological impact of tanking a game for a team.

During the all star break, a lot of coaches will look at their respective schedule and see what games they could/should possibly tank.

Yeah, it's really a Pandora's box and you have to wonder what happens when teams start doing it consistently. Let's say every time a good team was about to face the Spurs they decided to tank the game. That would negatively affect the Spurs since they wouldn't know how they matchup with good teams.

DisAsTerBot
02-24-2012, 02:56 PM
you have to wonder what happens when teams start doing it consistently. Let's say every time a good team was about to face the Spurs they decided to tank the game. That would negatively affect the Spurs since they wouldn't know how they matchup with good teams.

ok, and what coach would do that and why? You're saying a good team would tank 4 games against a team just so said team wouldnt get a look at them??????

:rollin

spurs10
02-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Any interesting juxtaposition is McMillan doing the opposite. Playing his starters in a blowout win of 40 points. How's Matthews' ankle? Who's the smarter coach?

jjktkk
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah, it's really a Pandora's box and you have to wonder what happens when teams start doing it consistently. Let's say every time a good team was about to face the Spurs they decided to tank the game. That would negatively affect the Spurs since they wouldn't know how they matchup with good teams.

What is your definition of "consistantly"? Imo, your overeacting on resting players.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:10 PM

ok, and what coach would do that and why? You're saying a good team would tank 4 games against a team just so said team wouldnt get a look at them??????

:rollin

:lol

It's not like it gives another team an advantage either. They wouldn't know how they match up with the Spurs.