PDA

View Full Version : Why not this trade for NY?

JR3
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
I was thinking and if I was NY, I would do this in a heart beat! I would trade Carmelo Anthony for Dwight Howard. Its the best deal that Orlando will get so its a no brainer. I have not heard a rumor like this so this is just me thinking out loud. What do you guys think? Would both teams do it? would you?

JR3
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
That is a great idea JR3! The Knicks would be a lock for the finals! Too bad their coach is horrible and can't win in the playoffs.

pass1st
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Melo wouldn't resign for Magic and would probably demand a trade. He either wants to win or live in NY.

Giuseppe
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
The Knicks would be a lock for the finals! Too bad their coach is horrible and can't win in the playoffs.

Who in their right fucking mind woulda predicted that Duncan would drift to the arc and hoist that goddamn 3?

Please.

Ace
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Who in their right fucking mind woulda predicted that Duncan would drift to the arc and hoist that goddamn 3?

Please.

Culburn don't be so bitter. You're a 16 time champion, act somebody...

JR3
02-22-2012, 01:40 PM

Please.

Pop.

Giuseppe
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Culburn don't be so bitter. You're a 16 time champion, act somebody...

Of course. The horse has left the barn. Now, I'd like to go back and take a chance from that point on. That rampaging Daddy reaches the arc and blocks that 3, the Suns advance to the next opponent. What was the itinerary of that playoff session? I'd probably be 5-3, Kobe, and still O & 43.

Reck
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Melo for Dwight.

Melo is not half what Dwight is worth.

Orlando probably will go empty handed and laugh while doing so before signing off on this trade.

JayTheClown
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
^What he said

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
They'd have to put together a deal that sends Chandler out with him if they were planning on getting Howard, and Chandler's deal is big enough that he'll be tough to move. You couldn't play them together and I don't know anyone who could justify paying a guy that much to play off the bench. Then you run into the problem of the coach. Adding Howard to an average defense would elevate it to good to great range. Adding him to a D'Antoni team would just be wasting his talents on that end of the floor.

On top of that, I'm not sold on building a team around Melo, which the Magic would be committed to doing with such a deal. Better off turning Howard into some picks and starting from scratch.

And, because I honestly can't remember, were the Knicks one of the teams on Dwight's supposed list of places where he'd sign an extension? If he would make the Knicks a lock for a ring then he'd be worth a one year rental but there's no way they could adjust their whole scheme quickly enough to maximize him and get the rest of the team clicking to make a run at a championship this year.

JR3
02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I know its not a fair trade. I know it leaves orlando without a big man. I'm just saying... What else would orlando do? what better offer would they get?..

cheguevara
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Gasol + someone else is a better deal than Melo

Hoops Czar
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM
I was thinking and if I was NY, I would do this in a heart beat! I would trade Carmelo Anthony for Dwight Howard. Its the best deal that Orlando will get so its a no brainer. I have not heard a rumor like this so this is just me thinking out loud. What do you guys think? Would both teams do it? would you?

Its not better than Bynum. Anthony did wonders for the Nuggets and Knicks.

pookenstein
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Of course. The horse has left the barn. Now, I'd like to go back and take a chance from that point on. That rampaging Daddy reaches the arc and blocks that 3, the Suns advance to the next opponent. What was the itinerary of that playoff session? I'd probably be 5-3, Kobe, and still O & 43.

Spurs 4th title: 2007
Duncan 3: 2008

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-22-2012, 05:17 PM
i would trade Dwight + bad contracts for Melo, Chandler, & Fields.

Leetonidas
02-22-2012, 05:29 PM

...it was the first game of the first round, which SA has lost numerous times and went on to beat that ass in the following games. :lol Not to mention that was in 2008...........

As for that trade, awful idea. They already have Chandler and Amare in NYK, and Amare has already be reduced to being a midrange shooter next to Anthony and Chandler, do you really think Howard would fit? You can't just put names next to each other.

Chandler/Amare for Howard is a much better move and probably one of the better offers Orlando could get, but I'm sure Amare will blow his knee out sooner or later and that makes teams cautious about trading for him

m>s
02-22-2012, 05:38 PM
melo is a cancer orlando ain't wantin no part of his fat ass, plus it doesn't make much sense to NY either when they already have TC/amare.

DMC
02-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Howard sells tickets. Melo does not.

baseline bum
02-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Melo wouldn't resign for Magic and would probably demand a trade. He either wants to win or live in NY.

He's locked up through 2015. While he does have a player option the last season, no way he's turning it down at $23.5 million.

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Orlando is fucked either way. They can't compete with what they have, no stars want to play there, and their by far most important player wants out. It's gotta be tough managing a team like Orlando at the moment... every star player wants to team up with others, because that's what everyone else is doing to win. The trend has already been set, and now it's hard to stop. If I owned the Magic, I'd sell the team and be done with it. Outside of the big markets, only a couple of teams are relevant.