PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan is Overrated

GuaranSHEED36
06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes I am a pistons fan and no I am not just being bias but I honestly do believe Duncan is overrated. Yes he has talent no doubt but with his other championchips he had the admiral with him and a great supporting cast and yet hes the symbol of the spurs. ROBERT HORRY PROTECTED TIM DUNCAN'S LEGACY TONIGHT NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. I've never seen such a "superstar" or "arguably the best PF in the history of the nba" choke that much. He doesn't deserve to put his hands up and he should be on his knees giving horry some major dome because without rob right now the pistons would be up 3-2 and sportscenter would be talking about duncan choking and how he couldnt lead "HIS" team to victory.

But other then that... great win by the spurs although I do think the pistons outplayed them tonight... Horry was a phenom
i can honestly say that was the greatest playoff performance i've ever seen... yes even more than any jordan moments
and the thing i like is that horry didnt run back dancing or throwing his hands up because hes not cocky liek that
but if it was wade or some1 else they woulda been going crazy and i'd be hating on them right now but as much as that loss hurt... I have the utmost respect for robert horry
he seriously was superman tonight and he is the reason tim duncans legacy will still be great and why tim is not public enemy number 1 right now

Summers
06-20-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm editing my reply to be polite. :)

Yes, Robert Horry is the man! But Tim Duncan is hardly overrated.

exstatic
06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
You're seeing about a 80% Tim Duncan. Sorry, it's the truth.

Tobias
06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Sour grapes AND already covered by Tobias (a spur-fan) forum.

violentkitten
06-20-2005, 12:23 AM
:lol

SouthernFried
Letsee now...Duncan had like 28 points and 19 rebounds, 8 offensive?

Ya, one overrated dood cuz he missed FT's.

Whatever...

violentkitten
oh yes, violentkitten is imagining that piston fan comes up in here posting ridiculous shit.

samikeyp
so then its all Tim's fault and nothing to do with Detroit's defense. Interesting.

Yeah, he sucks.

Chris
06-20-2005, 12:24 AM
26 points 19 rebounds 2 assists 2 blocks is overrated?

dav4463
06-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Spurs would be nothing without Tim Duncan. Nobody is perfect, that is why it is a team game. It's about time somebody carried him for a change.

prrao
06-20-2005, 12:25 AM
I think I have seen major choke jobs by the other "best PF" as well. Remember "The Mailman doesn't deliver on Sunday"? Who got the ball ripped from their hands before MJ's last shot before retirement (b4 he decided to come back again)?

Agree that Horry saved TD's ass tonight.

ICE3000
Well If Duncan Is Overrated Than So Hakeem,shaq, And Kobe.... Horry Has Bailed All Of Those Guys Out Before... But You Fail To Realize Without Timmys 26 And 19 It Would Have Been Another Pistons Blowout... See How That Works

WayDowntownBang
Just a silly thing to say.

Duncan choked at the end, there's really no way to argue that.

But overrated?

Even Jordan missed clutch shots in his career. It happens.

Now, YES.. we'd be talking a LOT more about Duncan's piss poor fourth quarter if Horry misses that 3 point shot, but he didn't. That's how the ball bounces.

Spurminator
06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Nobody's ever "rated" Duncan's FT shooting very high.

His legacy is secure.

MadDog73
06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, shit. I was going to say something to defent Timmy, but it looks like Spurs fans have it covered.

The real question should be is Ben Wallace over-rated? :rolleyes

(and no, I don't think so. Ben is awesome.)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure he "protected Tim's legacy", but Bob certainly did save his arse tonight.

Tim has nights where he cannot make a FT. We all know this, as Spurs fans it drives us completely insane, and no-one knows why it happens. Is it mental fragility? Maybe, but I doubt it, not given the fact that 80% of the time he is absolutely clutch (just go back to the Sonics series, or the Lakers and Nets in 2003 when he singlehandedly destroyed teams... many other instances... just look at his record!).

Beyond the ankle injuries, I have a feeling there's something very wrong with his knees - he has no lift, doesn't flex during his FTs. Whatever it is, I7m not sure it detracts from his legacy, althugh that was a terrible stretch for him through the end of the 4th and OT.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
The FT line was a choke......otherwise Detroit played good D.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Duncan with 26 and 19 on two bad ankles. Yeah, he's overrated :rolleyes

TwoHandJam
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM

But overrated?

Now, YES.. we'd be talking a LOT more about Duncan's piss poor fourth quarter if Horry misses that 3 point shot, but he didn't. That's how the ball bounces.
Well said.

Duncan struggled down the stretch to be sure be Horry isn't even in this position were it not for Tim.

mrcoon29
06-20-2005, 12:30 AM
26 points 19 rebounds 2 assists 2 blocks

Not his best game ever. But, see Duncan gets his shit done quietly. The Silent Assassin.

constantstate
06-20-2005, 12:32 AM

But overrated?

exactly... and coming off of 2 games where everyone is questioning your heart... a bad free throw shooter misses a few and he choked? billups missed a free throw... you guys would have won the game had he made it... did he choke?

duncan doesnt have any lift... and it showed on that tip in he should have gotten or slammed... people are right when they say he's not 100%... i think to some extent its true that robert horry's performance made sure no one got to talk about why tim duncan lost the game etc... but coming back with 26 and 19... pretty solid.

mavsfan1000
06-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Duncan might not make big shots but he does all the little things like rebounding, blocking, steals, and scores big for most the game.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 12:33 AM
UR FUCKN ARGUMENT IS LAME

u sayin duncan never win a ring without drob, why dont u also say that about the shaq-kobe team, the jordan-pippen team, every team has a 1+2 punch.

duncan is the only one that is playin consistently outthrough the series even though he had bad 3+4 games in the series but they are still solid numbers even when rest of the team or core players didnt bother to turn up to games.

whats ur definition of overrated??
i dont see KG in the playoffs, i dont see bron in the playoffs, do u c shaq or kobe in the finals = NO

you have lost all creditbility in ur post

Horry For 3!
06-20-2005, 12:34 AM
No way that Duncan is over-rated, he did miss some huge fts in the game but other than that he hade a HUGE game. Horry kept the Spurs in the game and Won it. Gotta love my screenname...Horry For 3!

sally2004
06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
So, Timmy is not allowed to have bad games?

rwb
06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Sometimes we forget Tim's stats because he does things so quietly. I was pissed off at him for missing those FT's plus not making what looked like an easy followup for the win before OT. But you just can't ignore his stats. I was stunned to see how well he did tonight. Once I saw the numbers I couldn't be mad at him any more. But I think that's just because it's when he doesn't come through it's so much more obvious. We Spurs fans have come to expect Tim to play at a certain level. Overrated, my ass. I want Tim here until he's too old to move.

MadDog73
06-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Tim and Robert were both so cool about the whole situation.

Tim understood Robert saved his ass. But Robert knew Timmy had put the Spurs in a position to win in the first place. I love this team, I hope Robert stays for at least one more year.

prrao
06-20-2005, 12:37 AM
And rwb, you know what the good thing about TD is? He isn't the most athletic player around. So as long as he takes care of his body, he won't have a major dropoff in numbers as he gets older.

GrandeDavid
06-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes I am a pistons fan and no I am not just being bias but I honestly do believe Duncan is overrated. Yes he has talent no doubt but with his other championchips he had the admiral with him and a great supporting cast and yet hes the symbol of the spurs. ROBERT HORRY PROTECTED TIM DUNCAN'S LEGACY TONIGHT NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. I've never seen such a "superstar" or "arguably the best PF in the history of the nba" choke that much. He doesn't deserve to put his hands up and he should be on his knees giving horry some major dome because without rob right now the pistons would be up 3-2 and sportscenter would be talking about duncan choking and how he couldnt lead "HIS" team to victory.

But other then that... great win by the spurs although I do think the pistons outplayed them tonight... Horry was a phenom
i can honestly say that was the greatest playoff performance i've ever seen... yes even more than any jordan moments
and the thing i like is that horry didnt run back dancing or throwing his hands up because hes not cocky liek that
but if it was wade or some1 else they woulda been going crazy and i'd be hating on them right now but as much as that loss hurt... I have the utmost respect for robert horry
he seriously was superman tonight and he is the reason tim duncans legacy will still be great and why tim is not public enemy number 1 right now

You obviously do not understand anything about NBA basketball, chump.

The Spurs wouldn't even be so much as SNIFFING the NBA Finals were it not for Tim Duncan. Now crawl back to the hole you came from. :)

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Its funny how the poster doesnt back up his claims, go hide under a rock dont base ur claims after one game.

SouthernFried
06-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Good point. Tim doesn't rely on "athleticism" for his game. He relies on skills, court awareness, great poistioning on D and solid post up moves.

Guys like that can play long after the youthful "athletic" talents lose a step.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:46 AM
:lmao I'll take my overrated finals MVP anyday over 'sheed.

TheTruth
06-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Idiot.

dcole50
06-20-2005, 12:56 AM
without duncan's play through three quarters and even some of the "little things" he did later on, we don't win the game.

overrated? nope. he just has a solid supporting cast.

GuaranSHEED36
06-20-2005, 12:56 AM
tim duncan is talented and not overrated as a player
but his legacy is overrated is my argument... obviously hes better than rasheed and ben
but it pisses me off that hes the cornerstone and the symbol of the spurs and the media sucks on this guys nutz all day long and talking about after game 4 how he has to lead the team

it wanst only free throws
stupid shots....
catching the ball in the post and then losing it for a big turnover
the man choked
face it

obviously he can dominate a game stats wise b/c hes talented
but his LEGACY AS A LEGEND IS OVERRATED
get the argument right b4 u start calling ppl idiots
IDIOTS

GuaranSHEED36
06-20-2005, 12:58 AM
as you can see ducan is a premier pf but it pisses me off that the spurs and pistons both play as teams yet they make the spurs look its only duncan's team

without duncan obviously the spurs would be CRAP and im nto saying they woudlnt be
both teams play as TEAMS
thats y u never see the pistons have ONE player as the cornerstone of their franchise

duncan is the best pf in the game today
but his legacy is overrated

jordan had pippen obviously but he made the plays when they counted
take away horry and duncans legacy is gone tonight
he looked like a rookie out there in the 4th q and OT
IDIOTS

cheguevara
06-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Raheed Wallace and the Detroit Pistons are overrated

SequSpur
06-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Spurs in Six!

LOL.

Summers
06-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Beyond the ankle injuries, I have a feeling there's something very wrong with his knees - he has no lift, doesn't flex during his FTs.

I've been hesitant to bring it up because I didn't want to seem dramatic, but I really think there's something wrong with his hips... his left hip, specifically. he's been walking really funny lately, and not just in that shit-my-ankles-hurt way.

TDfan2007
06-20-2005, 01:02 AM

:idiot

Sense
06-20-2005, 01:03 AM
Tim Duncan is underrated..

Pistons fans shouldn't have an opinion on Duncan.

TDfan2007
tim duncan is talented and not overrated as a player
but his legacy is overrated is my argument... obviously hes better than rasheed and ben
but it pisses me off that hes the cornerstone and the symbol of the spurs and the media sucks on this guys nutz all day long and talking about after game 4 how he has to lead the team

it wanst only free throws
stupid shots....
catching the ball in the post and then losing it for a big turnover
the man choked
face it

obviously he can dominate a game stats wise b/c hes talented
but his LEGACY AS A LEGEND IS OVERRATED
get the argument right b4 u start calling ppl idiots
IDIOTS

GuaranSHEED36
and its funny how MOST but not all of you spurs fans after game 2 talked so much crap about how the pistons suck then you get blown out twice and then you gusy try to be all humble and give pistons respect but not after game 5 you guys bash the pistons again

i respect the spurs as a team and both teams look quite even
i stated my honest opinion on duncan... not b/c of a loss tonight but b/c i truly think his legacy is overrated

pistons will win game 6 b/c we're gonna feed horry some kryptonite

TDfan2007
06-20-2005, 01:04 AM
as you can see ducan is a premier pf but it pisses me off that the spurs and pistons both play as teams yet they make the spurs look its only duncan's team

without duncan obviously the spurs would be CRAP and im nto saying they woudlnt be
both teams play as TEAMS
thats y u never see the pistons have ONE player as the cornerstone of their franchise

duncan is the best pf in the game today
but his legacy is overrated

jordan had pippen obviously but he made the plays when they counted
take away horry and duncans legacy is gone tonight
he looked like a rookie out there in the 4th q and OT
IDIOTS

ceds
06-20-2005, 01:10 AM
In my mind TD's rep just took a huge hit, i wont look at him as i once did. There is not a bigger moment in the NBA then the 4th quarter of a close finals game. The stage was set for TD to firmly establish himself as an all time great and he pulled a Webber like choke job. Hell even worse then anything Webber has done

All the missed free throws in the fourth
The point blank miss at the end of regulation
Turnovers and bricks in OT

You could tell without a doubt that he was shook.Robert fucking Horry put the team on his back and won game 5 of the NBA finals. Unbelievable! You guys are lucky

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 01:16 AM
So, Timmy is not allowed to have bad games?

Not in the fucking finals.

Guys, let him rant....i totally agree with him. Duncan made a fool of himself out there tonight towards the end of the game. If we lost tonight then Duncan would never hear the end of it, even if we win the series. Duncan with 3 horrible finals performances in a row??? He'd be ruined.

robert horry totally saved our asses....and tim's

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 01:17 AM
and its funny how MOST but not all of you spurs fans after game 2 talked so much crap about how the pistons suck then you get blown out twice and then you gusy try to be all humble and give pistons respect but not after game 5 you guys bash the pistons again

actually there have been more people bashing the spurs than bashing the pistons

me included

prrao
06-20-2005, 01:19 AM
GuaranSHEED36, maybe if Malone had won a couple rings, maybe if Barkley had won a couple, maybe then people wouldn't be talking about TD being the greatest PF.

I agree that the Spurs play as a team. But that's more in the last couple years. Remember SA vs Lakers. TD was an one man army. He was absolutely mind blowing then. And SA lost. I think TD learnt his lesson then. He realized it is a team game. He allowed other players to develop.

Yeah, he does tend to disappear in 4th Q's on occasion. But consider everything else he brings to the table--superior offensive skills, awesome defense, team player, humble superstar, very coachable, solid citizen etc etc. Finally, you can never argue with success. Guy's got 2 rings, 2 MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs etc etc.

I think his legacy is well-deserved.

DDS4
06-20-2005, 01:25 AM
The guy has 2 gimpy ankles. Of course he isn't 2003 Duncan, but I'll take his 26 and 19 anyday.

And soon he'll be a 3 time champion and the greatest power forward ever.

Deal with it.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 01:25 AM
ON realgm theres a fuckn thread like this posted today based on one lame game today and already it has gone to 7 pages and im gettin tired of defending spurs players and to tell you the truth i just let duncan and the spurs let their game do the talkin.

Alot of trolls just dont accept the way duncan plays his style of baskebtall and our team concept.

patty
06-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Tim is a very important guy, even though he was not good in game 3 and game 4. We know that Tim is a good leader and he know how to win the game. We should support and believe Tim, right? Nobody is perfect in every game.

nkdlunch
06-20-2005, 01:29 AM
TD rules!

toosmallshoes
06-20-2005, 01:30 AM
great win by the spurs although I do think the pistons outplayed them tonight... Horry was a phenom

No, the pistons outplayed the spurs three days ago, but the scoreboard tells us who outplayed who on father's day.

Who are the spurs gonna get to bail them out once big shot bob retires? they've already been bailed out by the last two great finasls role players. bob and kerr. they might have to resign sjax to get that back. perhaps they could sign fisher. at any rate.....
GO SPURS GO!

prrao
06-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Who are the spurs gonna get to bail them out once big shot bob retires?

The time will find the man.

Do I sound like Phil Jackson?!

CubanMustGo
06-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Do I sound like Phil Jackson?!

No, Phil would have charged $100,000 to impart such "wisdom."

2centsworth
06-20-2005, 01:35 AM
He crumbled down the stretch, but of course the spurs are nowhere close without him.
After getting punked in game 3and4 he came back strong with 19 boards, 6 offensive. IN my eyes his legacy is only getting starting. Highly impressed with his come back performance. He's showing that he'll probably carry the spurs on his back in the 4th the next game.

N.Y. Johnny
06-20-2005, 01:37 AM
I hope like fuckin hell that Tim accomplishes what he ALMOST did in 2003, I hope he drops a fuckin QUADRUPLE DOUBLE and cements his name amongst the greats of all time in these finals....a Legend Born!

2centsworth
06-20-2005, 01:42 AM
I hope like fuckin hell that Tim accomplishes what he ALMOST did in 2003, I hope he drops a fuckin QUADRUPLE DOUBLE and cements his name amongst the greats of all time in these finals....a Legend Born!
Keep taking it to the hole, be a beast on the boards, and make some big shots down the stretch is really all that's needed.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Lets just hope he doest concentrate on big stats in the next game but finish the pistons in the next game.

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Ok I am going to be 100% honest here. I bashed Tim Duncan for pretty much the entire fourth quarter in Spurs chat. I knocked him for being a choker. I called him out for missing freebies.

Now that I have had time to sit back and think about the game and watch lots of film I think Tim was just down right exhausted in the fourth. He has the defensive player of the year leaning on him, pushing him and geting away with just about anything for three quarters. I think thats why he was leaving his FT's short and he short armed his put back. The guy just had nothing left in the tank.

Normaly I would call that choking. Tonight however I am taking the optimistic side. The guy left everything on the court tonight. He gave his best all game long until late in the fourth he just had nothing left to give. It was the fact that Tim carried us all night that allowed big shot Rob to be the hero. Had Tim not brought everything he had to the table tonight Rob's 3's would have meant nothing.

Tim Duncan, I apologize to you. After as much heat as you took in the last two games it would have been easy to crawl inside your shell. It would have been easy to defer to Tony, Manu and anyone else tonight. You didnt though. You sucked it up and brought your A game.

For gods sake people, 26 and 19! All anyone has done the last two games is talk about how great Ben Wallace has been and Tim Duncan DESTROYED Wallace tonight. The man is not over rated. The man has been playing basketball for over a year straight. The man deserved to be carried for one quarter.

The man WILL carry this team to its 3rd world championship on Tuesday!

Tim Duncan, you are THE MAN

TDfan2007
06-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Ok I am going to be 100% honest here. I bashed Tim Duncan for pretty much the entire fourth quarter in Spurs chat. I knocked him for being a choker. I called him out for missing freebies.

Now that I have had time to sit back and think about the game and watch lots of film I think Tim was just down right exhausted in the fourth. He has the defensive player of the year leaning on him, pushing him and geting away with just about anything for three quarters. I think thats why he was leaving his FT's short and he short armed his put back. The guy just had nothing left in the tank.

Normaly I would call that choking. Tonight however I am taking the optimistic side. The guy left everything on the court tonight. He gave his best all game long until late in the fourth he just had nothing left to give. It was the fact that Tim carried us all night that allowed big shot Rob to be the hero. Had Tim not brought everything he had to the table tonight Rob's 3's would have meant nothing.

Tim Duncan, I apologize to you. After as much heat as you took in the last two games it would have been easy to crawl inside your shell. It would have been easy to defer to Tony, Manu and anyone else tonight. You didnt though. You sucked it up and brought your A game.

For gods sake people, 26 and 19! All anyone has done the last two games is talk about how great Ben Wallace has been and Tim Duncan DESTROYED Wallace tonight. The man is not over rated. The man has been playing basketball for over a year straight. The man deserved to be carried for one quarter.

The man WILL carry this team to its 3rd world championship on Tuesday!

Tim Duncan, you are THE MAN

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Go-spurs-Go
06-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Duncan tonight: 26 pts, 19 rebs

Ben Wallace: 13 pts, 12 rebs
R. Wallace : 12 pts, 5 rebs

And, you stupid Detroit fans said TD is over-rated? Remember, TD was playing with 2 bad ankles. 2 Wallace(s) NOT every match 1 TD?

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 03:40 AM
i think i just ended up the thread on realgm with my defense about duncan :D :D , btw im udrih14

td = mr.consistency

leemajors
06-20-2005, 03:58 AM
come on man, this guy has been playing for 3 years straight with no summers off as well as 2 recently injured ankles. i think we can cut him a little slack for being a bit tired at the end of a very very long couple of years. as far as i know, the only person on the pistons who has made that sort of commitment timewise is larry brown - he is probably also paying the price for his olympic commitments healthwise at this time.

Sense
06-20-2005, 04:04 AM
come on man, this guy has been playing for 3 years straight with no summers off as well as 2 recently injured ankles. i think we can cut him a little slack for being a bit tired at the end of a very very long couple of years. as far as i know, the only person on the pistons who has made that sort of commitment timewise is larry brown - he is probably also paying the price for his olympic commitments healthwise at this time.

He still manages to lead his team and get his MVP numbers...

I think he's a miracle worker.

Warlord23
06-20-2005, 05:11 AM
In the game 3 pre-game, Stuart Scott said that Ben Wallace had GUARANTEED that Tim Duncan would not have more points and rebounds than him and Rasheed combined ... over the next 2 games he got away with a hell of a lot on Tim by way of pushing, bodying up and hacking ...

They were doing all of it today, making life HELL for Tim .. but he gave it everything he had ... how many times today did he miss, then get the rebound and go at it again and get the points ... dunked one, got an And-1 another time, tipped in other people's misses ... he did a lot of good things ... and a lot of bad ones starting from the 4th qtr onwards .. but the good outweighed the bad easily

Kaster
06-20-2005, 06:13 AM
No. End of story.

MI21
06-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Through 5 games of the NBA Finals against the team with the best interior defense in the league, he has been the best Spurs player.

..and he is at best 80% fit.

Amazing.

ididnotnothat
06-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Tim Duncan did his job and Horry did his.
TEAM.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Yes, he missed FTs, but it is not like he does not miss FTs all the time. He will miss them again, he is less confident in his FTs than any other part of his game. In the grand scheme of things, I would take Shaq, Wilt Chamberlain and TD on my team in a heartbeat even though all three of them are not good FT shooters.
Overrrated??? No freaking way. Do you even watch him play??? He is not only one of the best rebounders and scorers in the NBA, he is one of the top 3 defenders in the league as well.

He admitted that he choked at the FT line, he said that Horry bailed him out, he knows everything that people are saying about his screwup, but he is still the best player in the league, and is is NOT overrated.

:flipoff

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Spurs would be nothing without Tim Duncan. Nobody is perfect, that is why it is a team game. It's about time somebody carried him for a change.

fucking ditto. :tu

ambchang
06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
I love labelling a dude with 2 championships (hopefully 3 soon), 2 Finals MVP, 2 MVP, I don't remember how many first team All-NBA, defensive teams, and All Star teams with 5 missed FTs and a couple of dumb mistakes. I also love forgetting the fact he scored the game winning layup vs. the Sonics, how he destroyed the Suns and the Nuggets, how he sucked in the Pistons defense, sacrificing his own stats for the good of the team. Sure he is overrated.
And isn't it funny how Duncan is overrated because he can't win w/o the Admiral, but then the Admiral rode Duncan's coattails to two championships?
BTW, Horry is great, but I doubt Wade would do all those antics, he seemed to have his feet on the ground most of the time, can't fault him for being young, good, and the media jumping all over him. But if it was Sheed who did it .... hmmm ... oh well, I still like Sheed, the dude is fire.

ambchang
06-20-2005, 08:17 AM

i respect the spurs as a team and both teams look quite even
i stated my honest opinion on duncan... not b/c of a loss tonight but b/c i truly think his legacy is overrated

pistons will win game 6 b/c we're gonna feed horry some kryptonite

and it's funny how you just came in here and changed the subject of how Duncan is overrated (some shit about his legacy, which is what?), got your arse handed to you on a silver platter and is now changing to another subject because you can't argue the first one.
And it's even funnier how you are going to get your ass chewed on this one too because the Spurs (along with most of this board) had the utmost respect for the Pistons and understood that the first two games were not normal games for the Pistons.

Cathreina
06-20-2005, 08:24 AM
Duncan overrated??? Hun take a good look in your own back yard. Overrated is that chest thumping RasheedNONguaranteed that has yet to show his questionable talents in this series.

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2005, 08:41 AM
I fundamentally disagree with the idea that Timmy is overrated -- he's clearly one of the top 3-5 players in the NBA (if only because he's lifted his team to 3 Finals).

Timmy has also been a big-time performer in the tightest moments of Finals games in other years. He has been dominant in each of the Spurs title-clinching games, including his duel with Sprewell in 1999 and his near quad in 2003.

So, those who wish to point to 1 game and claim that he's an overrated player, we'll see . . . If one game can undo 8 years of greatness and clutch play in big situations, will you admit that the legacy is intact if Timmy has a great performance in Game 6?

I have no idea why people are so hellbent on tearing Timmy down.

SouthernFried
06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
HOLY SHIT!!

Tim Outrebounded And Outscored Both Ben And Rasheed COMBINED!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!

:owned :owned :owned

What a fucking moronic thread :stfu :idiot

td4mvp21
06-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Also did you not hear what Popovich was saying in an interview? He said Tim's ankles still get sore in the fourth quarter, and going in to overtime probably made them worse. His ankles probably were hurting pretty bad, thats why he missed the tip in.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Overrated by what standards would be a good question. If a Pistons fan were to go strictly by what gets said around here after any Spurs loss they might think that Duncan was already overrated and that he somehow stumbled his way into two MVP's while being the softest PF in the league.

Calling Duncan overrated, especially for how little respect he gets some times, is silly. With that said, the dude choked pretty hard in the fourth on his FT's. I don't really blame him for the missed put back since he hasn't had his usual lift for a while now.

ctpsb
06-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Overrated by what standards would be a good question. If a Pistons fan were to go strictly by what gets said around here after any Spurs loss they might think that Duncan was already overrated and that he somehow stumbled his way into two MVP's while being the softest PF in the league.

Calling Duncan overrated, especially for how little respect he gets some times, is silly. With that said, the dude choked pretty hard in the fourth on his FT's. I don't really blame him for the missed put back since he hasn't had his usual lift for a while now.

Absolutely agree. Not overrated, but one of his weaknesses (FT shooting) is glaring and can tend to overshadow all of his otherwise great talent. And believe me his bad FT shooting drives me crazy!!

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
I just wish this guy was a little more consistent from the charity stripe...

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 10:36 AM
I just wish this guy was a little more consistent from the charity stripe...

He was just aweful at the stripe. Is he usually like that? I've never understood how players can be so bad at free throws. Horry saved him from being the goat.

SPARKY
06-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Horry ripped your heart out and left it next to the 5 empty Milwaukee's Beast cans in front of you last night.

SouthernFried
06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I wish TD was a little better at the FT line too...and at the 3 point line, a better shot blocker, a little taller, quicker, able to leap tall buildings, faster than a speeding bullet. Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird...a plane...it's TIMMY!

Damn, I guess I'll just have to settle for him being better than the entire frontcourt of Detroit.

Disappointing as that may be...

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
He was just aweful at the stripe. Is he usually like that? I've never understood how players can be so bad at free throws. Horry saved him from being the goat.

He is inconsistent. He went 15-15 in Game 3 against Phx...then 3-12 in Game 4. If he starts to miss, IMO, he tends to overanalyze.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Yes, always...and once he bricks front rim one time, that's where his shots will be hitting all night.

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Horry ripped your heart out and left it next to the 5 empty Milwaukee's Beast cans in front of you last night.

Your old lady drank the rest of my Milwaukee so I had to switch to Altes.

my2sons
06-20-2005, 10:45 AM
those are the same people that were saying how tim saved david's ass and now tim can't have a legacy without winning one w/out david. well this will be three rings and probably 3mvps, because w/out his consistency we would not be in this position...so to all the pistons who saw fit to finger the san antonio fans and media....i got a finger for you after game six....my index finger...oh ya you can still use your finger, you'll just have to use your index finger as well because you'll be number two....

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 10:52 AM
those are the same people that were saying how tim saved david's ass and now tim can't have a legacy without winning one w/out david. well this will be three rings and probably 3mvps, because w/out his consistency we would not be in this position...so to all the pistons who saw fit to finger the san antonio fans and media....i got a finger for you after game six....my index finger...oh ya you can still use your finger, you'll just have to use your index finger as well because you'll be number two....

ok, thanks. But what if I only have one finger? That could pose a problem.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 10:54 AM
ok, thanks. But what if I only have one finger? That could pose a problem.

Thumbs are acceptable. :)

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Your old lady drank the rest of my Milwaukee so I had to switch to Altes.

You can keep her. :)

HULKAROCK
06-20-2005, 11:05 AM
You can keep her. :)

Too late.. I sent her to the neighbors.

sickdsm
06-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't say he's overated but i think people are overating his performance last night. Whoever the guy doing the interview said something about his breaking out tonight. If Kobe has about as many points as FGA against Bowen, even though he's not as good as a percantage guy being a perimeter player as duncan, he's ridiculed as being shut down. If this was KG all of you guys would be on him for his poor scoring night. Last nights game was one big shot by Horry away from making a good night a crappy night for Duncan's numbers.

Leetonidas
06-20-2005, 05:21 PM

Tim Duncan is the most UNDERRATED player in the NBA. You talk about a choke job on Timmy, well, what about the choke job on your entire team?

caspian
06-20-2005, 05:26 PM
...you're saying that the Pistons are not that great.

Duncan had a couple bad games in a very hostile environment on his way to a third title (with Finals MVP awards) and playing against a freakishly athletic Pistons defense.

Losing last night doesn't mean the series was lost at all. "You're supposed to win at home". Pistons haven't won in San Antonio in over 8 years. He also had 26 points and 19 rebounds last night.

Dre_7
06-20-2005, 05:32 PM

By the end of his career, Timmy could possibly be considered the G.O.A.T. We will just have to wait and see though. :spin

Tom_Foolery
06-20-2005, 05:53 PM
#1. This thread was started by a Piston's fan.
#2. It was after a Piston's loss.

No need to comment on this ridiculous thread. You'd have to be an idiot to take this guy seriously. You've all been had.

ballhog
06-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Just have to look at that game last night. Whenever Duncan was out of game, the lead would shrink in a big hurry. Can't shoot free throws. What can you do about it. Shaq can't shoot very well either but nobody will remember that in 25 yrs.----just his rings and his big play.

peskypesky
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
You know another guy who was over-rated? Wilt Chamberlain. Totally over-rated.

Only managed to win 2 measly championships. Couldn't hit free-throws.

Yeah, Tim Duncan is over-rated. He belongs in the doghouse of the over-rated with the likes of Chamberlain.

spur4life
06-20-2005, 11:46 PM
actually duncan is underrated...even when he has a bad game he still gives you a double double....which other player does that?