PDA

View Full Version : Corey Joseph v. Justin Dentmon

SpurNation
02-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Justin Dentmon is currently ranked as 7th in efficiency in the DL. http://www.nba.com/dleague/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp

He's been in the least, a steady player for the Toros and provided glimpses of being nba material.

Question I have to those more in the know...what makes Corey Joseph more favorable to being on the Spurs roster than Dentmon?

Also...if Marcus Lewis was providing better numbers than Eric Dawson...why would the Spurs select Dawson over Lewis out of the DL?

SpurNation
02-23-2012, 07:36 AM
ixnay the Lewis/Dawson question. Not much of a difference between the two to warrant. And Dawson's numbers were slightly better in all around efficiency.

Darkwaters
02-23-2012, 08:05 AM
I suppose you could argue age - Joseph is 20 while Dentmon is 26.

You could also argue that the Spurs owe Joseph guaranteed money while Dentmon is owed none.

Beyond that though, I'm not really certain. Frankly, I can't comment on Dentmon much, and CJ is still a question mark for basically every Spurs fan.

elemento
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Man I'm sick of this threads dismissing Joseph. We got him as raw prospect. We wouldn't even use him if Ford and Manu were healthy.

Everyone knew he was not ready to contribute immediately, so it's not a surprise that he is not playing well yet.

Cory was born in 91 and Dentmon was born in 85. Dentmon turns 27 this season and still plays in the D-league.

Enough said.

SpurNation
02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Man I'm sick of this threads dismissing Joseph. We got him as raw prospect. We wouldn't even use him if Ford and Manu were healthy.

Everyone knew he was not ready to contribute immediately, so it's not a surprise that he is not playing well yet.

Cory was born in 91 and Dentmon was born in 85. Dentmon turns 27 this season and still plays in the D-league.

Enough said.

Wasn't dismissing Joseph. Just curious about Dentmon since he has been playing well. Joseph shouldn't have even come out of college. Should have stayed another year to develop. Should be playing D-league right now.

Dentmon? Don't know...would seem in the lack of T.J. could have been an alternative to Joseph so Joseph could build his game and confidence through the DL instead of being thrown to the wolves without being properly prepared.

jjktkk
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM

You could also argue that the Spurs owe Joseph guaranteed money while Dentmon is owed none.

Beyond that though, I'm not really certain. Frankly, I can't comment on Dentmon much, and CJ is still a question mark for basically every Spurs fan.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

wildbill2u
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM

Enough said.

Well, we better hope joseph is still growing because it got really old watching the Blazer guards posting him up for a guaranteed score the other night. Does anyone really believe this kid is 6'3" (taller than Tony at 6'2") as listed on the roster?

underdawg
02-23-2012, 02:03 PM

Joseph needs time with the Toros - the guaranteed money shouldn't matter if you're adding a spot on the Spurs' roster with a 10 day contract. It was very frustrating to watch Cory struggle to get open against Portland's D the other night - he needs a lot of work and we know that's not going to happen on the Spurs this year.

Dentmon is a scorer and with TJ always being an injury risk, it is in the Spurs interest to have a viable option to TJ should he get hurt again. Neal has been adequate, but it could end up being a risk in the playoffs with a chance of hurting his rythm.

Bottomline - get Cory the experience he needs to develop into the player that deserves guaranteed money and give Dentom a shot to see if he's useful for this season.

elemento
02-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Well, we better hope joseph is still growing because it got really old watching the Blazer guards posting him up for a guaranteed score the other night. Does anyone really believe this kid is 6'3" (taller than Tony at 6'2") as listed on the roster?

Everyone played like shit in that game (expect for Leonard). Can we be mad because an established player like Jamal Crawford owned Joseph ? Not to mention that Batum was guarding him most of the time and he is a great defender.

We should be mad with veterans like Richard Jefferson playing like a piece of shit.

And yes, he is a strong 6'3. He was measured 6'3"5 in shoes.