PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol appreciation thread.

midnightpulp
02-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Guy responded like the 2 time champ he is with two stellar games in a row after all the trade talk. Mentally soft he is not. Lakers fans need to appreciate this guy before he's gone.

And lol 7-24.

Pelicans78
02-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Guy responded like the 2 time champ he is with two stellar games in a row after all the trade talk. Mentally soft he is not. Lakers fans need to appreciate this guy before he's gone.

And lol 5-17.

Some things never change when it comes to the Lakers. Gasol is their best offensive player, has been their best offensive player and will be their best offensive player. Everyone talks about trading Gasol, but he's their best offensive player while Bynum is their best defensive player. That leaves Kobe as the most expendable. Lakers need to pull the trigger.

DAF86
02-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Some things never change when it comes to the Lakers. Gasol is their best offensive player, has been their best offensive player and will be their best offensive player. Everyone talks about trading Gasol, but he's their best offensive player while Bynum is their best defensive player. That leaves Kobe as the most expendable. Lakers need to pull the trigger.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Assuming Manu remains healthy, that trade makes LA better, imho.

BRHornet45
02-24-2012, 12:55 AM
sons I dropped these bombs numerous times before and they remain 100% facts. the media tells us that Kobe Bryant is the next best thing to Jordan for one reason and for one reason only .... $$$$$$ .... they needed a guy to "crown" as the best even though his stats prove otherwise.

sons I posted this in another thread, but for those of you not viewing it I didn't want you to miss these truth bombs.

what did Kobe do during that 3 and a half year span when he didn't have daddy there? oh yea that's right! he didn't do shit!!!

Kobe as team leader without Shaq or Gasol ...

2004-05

Lakers: 34-48 (failed to even make playoffs)

2005-06

Lakers: 45-37 (stomped out by PHX in first round)

2006-07

Lakers: 42-40 (stomped out by PHX again in first round)

2007-08

Kobe cries to be traded because he knows he can't lead a team so Stern sends him Gasol and the Lakers immediately hit a 10 game winning streak that started on Gasol's third game as a Laker and they finish the season 27-9 since Gasol's arrival.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189727

midnightpulp
02-24-2012, 12:57 AM
sons I dropped these bombs numerous times before and they remain 100% facts. the media tells us that Kobe Bryant is the next best thing to Jordan for one reason and for one reason only .... $$$$$$ .... they needed a guy to "crown" as the best even though his stats prove otherwise.

sons I posted this in another thread, but for those of you not viewing it I didn't want you to miss these truth bombs.

what did Kobe do during that 3 and a half year span when he didn't have daddy there? oh yea that's right! he didn't do shit!!!

2004-05

2005-06

2006-07

2007-08

Kobe cries to be traded because he knows he can't lead a team so Stern sends him Gasol and the Lakers immediately hit a 10 game winning streak that started on Gasol's third game as a Laker and they finish the season 27-9 since Gasol's arrival.

Great, great post, son.

NRHector
02-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Gasol needs to get the hell out of there, he should go play with his brother or a real contender

BRHornet45
02-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Gasol needs to get the hell out of there, he should go play with his brother or a real contender

agreed. Gasol has done about everything he can do in L.A. over the last 3.5-4 years, yet still gets disrespected there. its funny how so many Lakers fans and the media forgets that in the 3.5 years BEFORE Gasol's arrival in L.A. the Lakers had a record of 121-125 under Kobe Bryant and missed the playoffs as well as couldn't even get out of the first round back to back years.

Once Gasol leaves the Lakers they will be the same garbage ass team they were for 3.5 years when Shaq left them.

baseline bum
02-24-2012, 01:24 AM

They need a point guard; maybe ship Kobe's ass off to NYC for Lin.

pass1st
02-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Maybe he got a new girl

DMC
02-24-2012, 02:10 AM

Are you trying to say Gasol is the best offensive player?

mavsfan1000
02-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Too bad the Lakers didn't trade him. Stern helped them out.

FkLA
02-24-2012, 03:28 AM

2004-05

2005-06

2006-07

2007-08

Stone cold irrefutable facts son. Kobe has always been a glorified Tmac.

Hornet fans doing work in this thread tbh. Agree with everything but noone wants a part of 90 mill over 3 yrs. Lakers are stuck with that chucking TOSB.

Samuel Eto'o
02-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Assuming Manu remains healthy

Thats funny

BRHornet45
02-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Assuming Manu remains healthy

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dl0ohy.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/efjwp4.gif

NewcastleKEG
02-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Underrated post

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 05:56 AM

Ouch!

mavsfan1000
02-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Ouch!
Yeah man the Lakers bigs will be a handful in the playoffs. Especially Gasol.

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Yeah man the Lakers bigs will be a handful in the playoffs. Especially Gasol.

God willing & BR keeps winning 4 out of every 6.

tee, hee.

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2012, 08:06 AM
God willing & BR keeps winning 4 out of every 6.

tee, hee.

Here's how the PM conversation went:

Midget: Hey BR what up dawg...

BR: Awww nothing dog what's up with you...

Midget: Hey man let's get together tonight and see if we can troll some Laker fans...

BR: Ok cool, this time you start the Kobe sucks post masked as a Pau thread.

Midget: Ohhh goodie this should be good...

BR: Fuuucckkk, it looks like no one took the bait...

Midget: I know, it's rare my friend BR but I feel like a fucking idiot tonight...

BR: Wait let me see if I can bump my old post about why Kobe sucks that's sure to get them to bite...

Midget: ok try it out and see what happens..

BR: Well looks like we're double fucked no one took that bait either...

Midget: Don't worry BR it was a good try, we still have each other...

BR: I know Midget but still....hey what you doing this weekend.

Midget: I was just gonna stay in, maybe take in a cowboy western, eat some chili, and have a cold billy. You wanna hang out with me?

BR: Sure I have nothing to do here except lay-out rat traps and roach pellets throughout my house.

Midget: Don't worry come to my house and we can watch All-Star festivities together since neither of us have a player from our team attending this year. I will order a pound pf chicken wings and some potato salad.. What kind of sauce do you like?

BR: I like the cream colored sauce...btw what should I wear?

Midget: I prefer Cheetah colored spandex with a White-T and dress shoes..

BR: You got it midget...and ohhh I look very forward to seeing you this weekend ( smile)

Midget: Don't worry I'm smiling alright.

Rummpd
02-24-2012, 08:09 AM

2004-05

2005-06

2006-07

2007-08

Absolutely right on about the continually over hyped MR 17 (all time rank in PER)....who was not even the MVP or leader of the most dominant teams of his career (that was definetely Shaq)
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html

redzero
02-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Here's how the PM conversation went:

Midget: Hey BR what up dawg...

BR: Awww nothing dog what's up with you...

Midget: Hey man let's get together tonight and see if we can troll some Laker fans...

BR: Ok cool, this time you start the Kobe sucks post masked as a Pau thread.

Midget: Ohhh goodie this should be good...

BR: Fuuucckkk, it looks like no one took the bait...

Midget: I know, it's rare my friend BR but I feel like a fucking idiot tonight...

BR: Wait let me see if I can bump my old post about why Kobe sucks that's sure to get them to bite...

Midget: ok try it out and see what happens..

BR: Well looks like we're double fucked no one took that bait either...

Midget: Don't worry BR it was a good try, we still have each other...

BR: I know Midget but still....hey what you doing this weekend.

Midget: I was just gonna stay in, maybe take in a cowboy western, eat some chili, and have a cold billy. You wanna hang out with me?

BR: Sure I have nothing to do here except lay-out rat traps and roach pellets throughout my house.

Midget: Don't worry come to my house and we can watch All-Star festivities together since neither of us have a player from our team attending this year. I will order a pound pf chicken wings and some potato salad.. What kind of sauce do you like?

BR: I like the cream colored sauce...btw what should I wear?

Midget: I prefer Cheetah colored spandex with a White-T and dress shoes..

BR: You got it midget...and ohhh I look very forward to seeing you this weekend ( smile)

Midget: Don't worry I'm smiling alright.

You put a lot of work into being unfunny.

Killakobe81
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Pau is a very good player. One of the most highly skilled big men in the game. He can post, pass and shoot at an elite level. He also is a above average defender with a knack for the timely putback or late block or shot "alteration". That being said, he is at times soft. Does not always respond to pressure and needs to be prodded by Kobe, coaches or rumors to be aggressive. Physical defenders can take him out of his game.

I appreciate all Pau has and continues to do for the Lakers. Problem is he makes too much as he ages (Kobe too) and since Kobe cant be traded to upgrade the team they need to trade either Gasol or Bynum.

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
he (Gasol) is at times soft. Does not always respond to pressure and needs to be prodded by Kobe, coaches or rumors to be aggressive. Physical defenders can take him out of his game.

It has at times proved withering to both Phil and Kobe. Now Brown is being baptized with the same water.

One's end of the NBA log is more than enough for that one. One shouldn't have to babysit at the highest level of of their profession. Though, I've never heard Bryant grudge his charge.

Leetonidas
02-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Gasol/Barnes for Ginobili/Jefferson. Let's do it

Killakobe81
02-24-2012, 11:06 AM
If Manu were healthy would love to have him but i want no part of the butt-buddy Arizona Wildcats crew on the same team ...

manufan10
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
If Manu were healthy would love to have him but i want no part of the butt-buddy Arizona Wildcats crew on the same team ...

C'mon, then we can get a lot more of this to laugh at:

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Richard-Jefferson-Luke-Walton-Basketball-Players-Bromance-Vacation-11.jpg

Spur_Fanatic
02-24-2012, 04:07 PM

:king