PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Blair - Rotoworld

deibero
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT ICY GLARE THEY MENTION?

http://rotoworld.com/playernews/nba/basketball

DeJuan Blair - F/C - Spurs

DeJuan Blair tied a career-high with 28 points on 12-of-21 shooting to go with 12 rebounds, three assists, two steals, and one block in 35 minutes on Thursday.
Blair delivered an icy glare to Danny Green for not passing him the ball in the final seconds, as Blair had an easy chance to break his career-mark and Green unknowingly continued on with an uncontested layup. Of course, this highlights why Blair doesn't get consistent minutes and Green is one of Gregg Popovich's favorites. We don't know if this will jump-start Blair after the break, but with Tiago Splitter out at least a week on the other side -- Blair is worth a short-term look.
Related: Tiago Splitter

Amuseddaysleeper
02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Instead of going for personal achievements Blair should focus on helping the team as a whole. Nice performance against DEN, but Blair has been pretty awful this year, and his rebounding needs to get back up to par.

SenorSpur
02-24-2012, 01:07 PM
If he would've converted a couple more of those "bunnies" that he missed in the second hald, he would've easily broken his career-high.

GSH
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not going to swallow it just because some fantasy basketball writer say so. Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. But I didn't notice it myself, or hear it from someone I trust, so I'm not playing.

BTW - I wonder if Rotoworld has the league's permission to use official team logos on their web page?

Dex
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't notice the "icy glare", but I was concerned to see how Dejuan went into stat-padding mode last night. Once he started working his way into the high 20s, he started ball-hogging and taking quick shots, even when the Nuggets were mounting their comeback. When you are up 15-20 in the final quarter, there is no reason to take a shot with more than 7 seconds on the clock. Eat the time away, and make the other team play near-perfect basketball if they want to get back in it.

Instead, you could definitely tell he was going for that career high, putting up dumb shots and constantly looking up at the scoreboard. I suppose part of its human nature and all players do it to some degree, but Blair needs to figure out that stats don't matter. Playing the game right and letting it come to him is what matters, and if he does that, the stats will come.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I didn't notice the "icy glare", but I was concerned to see how Dejuan went into stat-padding mode last night. Once he started working his way into the high 20s, he started ball-hogging and taking quick shots, even when the Nuggets were mounting their comeback. When you are up 15-20 in the final quarter, there is no reason to take a shot with more than 7 seconds on the clock. Eat the time away, and make the other team play near-perfect basketball if they want to get back in it.

Instead, you could definitely tell he was going for that career high, putting up dumb shots and constantly looking up at the scoreboard. I suppose part of its human nature and all players do it to some degree, but Blair needs to figure out that stats don't matter. Playing the game right and letting it come to him is what matters, and if he does that, the stats will come.

Let him stat pad all he wants, hopefully it will boost his trade value up.

deibero
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not going to swallow it just because some fantasy basketball writer say so. Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. But I didn't notice it myself, or hear it from someone I trust, so I'm not playing.

i just had a chance to watch the replay a couple of times on nba league band broadband and he did seem to glare at green and shout something...

definitely has some base to it!

VBM
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Rotoworld is usually on point with their info.

ColinB
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM

BTW - I wonder if Rotoworld has the league's permission to use official team logos on their web page?

Why wouldn't they have permission? It's owned by NBC.

boutons_deux
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
2 feet from the basket, he rushed his putback, the ball bounced off the lower front of the rim and straight down. ugh

timvp
02-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Green and Blair are best friends. If the "icy stare" happened -- which I didn't see -- it was obviously playful.

But don't let me stop this from being another reason why ST hates Blair . . .

manufan10
02-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I didn't see it, tbh.

TJastal
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Green and Blair are best friends. If the "icy star" happened -- which I didn't see -- it was obviously playful.

But don't let me stop this from being another reason why ST hates Blair . . .

I seriously hope Green isn't hanging around this lardbucket, and picking up bad lazy habits from this clown.

spurs10
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
There were some shots by both Blair and Green going up too early on the shot clock. I'm sure more than a few Spurs fans were yelling "run some $^@#ing clock!"

gospursgojas
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Green owes him Whataburger now

Robz4000
02-24-2012, 03:55 PM
People are looking too far into this imo. It was a blowout, Spurs were gonna win it by then. I agree he shouldn't of been forcing shots when Denver had momentum, but Blair also was a main reason why that momentum died after getting to the free throw line on back-to-back possessions and converting his shots. Him and Green are good friends so I doubt it was anything serious anyway. Also who the hell cares if they hang out? Blair is a really cool guy irl, he just has issues with his game.

cheguevara
02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
wake me up when Blair posts these numbers vs. a good team or in the playoffs

bklynspursfan
02-24-2012, 04:05 PM
If he didn't miss a few of those easy put backs he would've had it.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Not sure the Nuggets were ever in comeback mode. The closest they got the game was 12 points. And Tim was resting. This game was never a threat.

Spurtacus
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I see lots of fake fans here. You guys have nothing better to do then rag on a guy who plays well for your favorite team. He's not perfect but he plays well when given minutes. The man is only 22 years old and plays center at 6'7.

The man has no fucking ACLs and is a starter in the NBA. What the hell have you accomplished?

Dex
02-24-2012, 05:07 PM
The man has no fucking ACLs and is a starter in the NBA. What the hell have you accomplished?

This one time, I ate an entire Lulu's chicken fried steak.

100%duncan
02-25-2012, 02:14 AM
I see lots of fake fans here. You guys have nothing better to do then rag on a guy who plays well for your favorite team. He's not perfect but he plays well when given minutes. The man is only 22 years old and plays center at 6'7.

+1 you suckas

TJastal
02-25-2012, 02:19 AM

He would not start for any other serious contender, he'd be a bench scrub playing limited minutes. Only reason he starts is because Popo is too much of a wanker to use Splitter.

jjktkk
02-25-2012, 02:22 AM

Really?

Fpoonsie
02-25-2012, 02:27 AM

Such an idiotic post.

First off, he's been pretty bad this year...consistently.

Secondly, he gets paid millions of dollars to play a game, professionally (and considering the majority of his showings this season, I use that term loosely). The thought that he's immune to criticism is fucking laughable. It's the least he deserves.

superbigtime
02-26-2012, 03:18 AM
Blair just needs to show consistency. He misses close range shots, yet he's developed a pretty nice floater/teardrop. He's got good court vision and passing ability, but he travels and misses easy rebounds sometimes. He has defensive liabilities. All in all, I want this guy to stay a Spur. He's got some mofo and lots of ability. He's just a little immature, and hey who isn't at this age. Just think of where he could be in a couple more years. If we had another big, his short comings wouldn't seem so glaring. If trading him brings a true big, I could live with it. I doubt there is any significant waiver pickups or trades or other player movement from the Spurs FO this year unless something unexpected develops. So Tiago, get well soon. Everybody get well soon.