PDA

View Full Version : UFC 147: Jun 16, 2012

ace3g
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.tatame.com.br/imagensup/28108/13385548178860.g.jpg

Venue: Estadio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (also known as "Mineirinho")
Broadcast: Pay-per-view, FX and Facebook

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Rich Frankin vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes ("TUF: Brazil" middleweight final)
Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira ("TUF: Brazil" featherweight final)
Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum
Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno
John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges Pancini vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos
Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira

(NOTE: The exact date for this event hasn't been determined)

09MJRoOTUwY

Sir Loin
02-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Don't really know why they made vitor and wanderlei 2. Vitor is still in title contention and wandy although still bad ass really isnt

ace3g
02-27-2012, 11:44 AM
SZG0sNDa2JQ&feature=player_embedded

djohn14
02-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Im ready to see Silva-Sonnen 2. Bad blood plus a what should be hostile crowd. Belfort and Wandy should be fun too. Hopefully they add a 3rd fun fight because at 45 bucks a pop for a PPV I wanna get my moneys worth and I have no idea how the TUF season is going to turn out

dbreiden83080
02-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Im ready to see Silva-Sonnen 2. Bad blood plus a what should be hostile crowd. Belfort and Wandy should be fun too. Hopefully they add a 3rd fun fight because at 45 bucks a pop for a PPV I wanna get my moneys worth and I have no idea how the TUF season is going to turn out

What's up buddy??

I'm not sure Chael makes it out of Brazil alive, especially if he wins..

Rip-Hamilton32
02-28-2012, 04:53 AM
i can't see it actually happening in brazil for safety of chael and his corner

dbreiden83080
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
i can't see it actually happening in brazil for safety of chael and his corner

They'll sell a billion tickets so the UFC obviously has a large financial interest in this fight happening in Brazil; however Chael's safety is a major concern. Chael will NOT stop trolling Brazil as the promotion draws near he will amp it up a notch. It does not matter what Chael says, it is solely the job of the UFC to keep him safe. Anything happens to him and it is the worst PR MMA could possibly get...

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
They'll sell a billion tickets so the UFC obviously has a large financial interest in this fight happening in Brazil; however Chael's safety is a major concern. Chael will NOT stop trolling Brazil as the promotion draws near he will amp it up a notch. It does not matter what Chael says, it is solely the job of the UFC to keep him safe. Anything happens to him and it is the worst PR MMA could possibly get...

Yeah, you have a sport getting legitimacy by leaps and bounds in the US and then all of sudden the biggest story about the sport will feature clip after clip of Sonnen sounding like he's cutting promos for the WWE. Dana White's too easy to cast as an asshole who publicized the hell out of those very comments that would put Sonnen in danger all in the name of making money.

On top of that I'm sure there's people in that country who understand how bad that would look for Brazil if anything happened to Sonnen. He's hardly a household name, but it's easy to see how any muckrakers in the American media could whip up a frenzy if something went down. Handsome white guy, All American collegiate career, Olympic alternate, the American flag trunks. Even all the shit talking he's done could be spun. He was a proud American exercising his 1st Amendment rights and them damn foreigners killed him for it! Hell, some might even try to draw some Ali comparisons. Think about the weeks worth of shit the Nancy Graces of the world got out of the Natalie Halloway story.

If they have to pick him up at the airport in an armored car, drive him all the way down the aisle to the door of the octagon, and then drive him straight back as soon as the fight's done they'll make it happen to pull this card off.

djohn14
02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
What's up buddy??

I'm not sure Chael makes it out of Brazil alive, especially if he wins..

Nothing much man. We moved out in the country and are in the process of getting the internet set up finally. Hopefully ill be a regular again in the next week or so! :king

polandprzem
02-29-2012, 02:35 AM
It will not be that bad in Brazil for Sonnen.
The worst thing for him is to go there and face the presssure. The biggest in his career. I mean really you never heard such loud booos in your life and brazilians can get crazy.

Also with the shape Sonnen was against Bisping I don't know if he is able to survive Silvas striking this time as Anderson knows Chael goes forward.

I'm gonna rewatch the 1st fight :)

ace3g
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
gDIb_BxYCI8

The TroutBum
03-07-2012, 01:00 AM
gDIb_BxYCI8

That was super gay until the last four seconds. Actually laughed out loud.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Young Guns FTW!

CubanSucks
03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
gDIb_BxYCI8

Young Guns reference?

The TroutBum
03-08-2012, 02:48 AM
"Dear Governor Axtell. I've heard that you will give 200 dollars for my head. Perhaps we should meet and talk. I am at the Juarez village at the border. Send 3 men, and instruct them not to shoot, as I am unarmed. In short, Sir; I surrender. Your obedient servant William H. Bonney. PS: I changed my mind. Kiss my ass."

ace3g
03-12-2012, 02:05 PM
kLq8JUtE0ec

polandprzem
03-27-2012, 11:53 AM
23rd and not 16th

http://mybrazilianbrasil.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/engenhao.jpg

shyne
04-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Anderson saying he won't fight chael unless it's in brazil, Dana says if he doesn't he will be fired. Fight Is going to Vegas if there is one.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Anderson saying he won't fight chael unless it's in brazil, Dana says if he doesn't he will be fired. Fight Is going to Vegas if there is one.

:lol

Brian ‏ @FrontRowBrian
Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil.

@FrontRowBrian
UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight

@FrontRowBrian
Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt

@FrontRowBrian
Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball

The fight will happen.. Silva can't be this scared of Sonnen..

ace3g
04-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Sonnen said if he walked down to the octagon and the crowd didn't stay silent, he would leave the building... I think each is just doing their part to hype the fight

polandprzem
04-21-2012, 05:18 AM
He is ducking Sonnen for 6 years now

The TroutBum
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Roy Nelson ‏ @roynelsonmma

Close

Just asked if I would fight cain for #1 contendership, answer is YES! Overeem pissed hot is my gain!

How awful is the HW division starting to look? When Big Country is fighting for #1, you know you've got problems -- and I'm a huge BC fan.

ace3g
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
that was false info and I put that in the wrong thread, belonged in 146; either Nelson received false info or was just tweeting something out of hope.

--

bBUB7ZljnR4&feature=player_embedded

ace3g
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
man I missed the presser today, but I check twitter and see this:

https://p.twimg.com/ArQZJsoCEAIe5ZB.png:large

--

oh this fight is now moved to UFC 148 in Vegas

ace3g
05-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.

via Twitter

dbreiden83080
05-27-2012, 12:56 AM
Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.

via Twitter

Bullet dodged by Wandy...

ace3g
05-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Rich Franklin steps in:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28961/rich-franklin-steps-into-ufc-147-headliner-against-wanderlei-silva.mma?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

dbreiden83080
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Rich Franklin steps in:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28961/rich-franklin-steps-into-ufc-147-headliner-against-wanderlei-silva.mma?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rich has done the UFC like a thousand favors..

ace3g
06-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Rich looks weird with long hair

C2DTNNn8h8w&feature=plcp

polandprzem
06-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Anybody watched weigh-ins?

Joe was unable to read the names correctly :)

That means UFC really needs to think about cutting events.

polandprzem
06-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes ("TUF: Brazil" middleweight final)
Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira ("TUF: Brazil" featherweight final)

ace3g
06-23-2012, 02:01 PM
lol

tbl3koRABZ4&feature=player_embedded

and my predictions:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

I didn't watch any of the TUF Brazil show, so I'm just guessing on those picks, lol

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Wandy is one of the classiest acts ever in MMA..

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 04:00 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Big fan of both these guys.. My gut says Wandy might have one good fight left here.. Wandy VIA UD in a war just like the first one..

Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes

Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira

The TroutBum
06-23-2012, 05:12 PM
How can you NOT love Franklin? Or Wandy for that matter?

Stringer_Bell
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm a huge fan of Franklin/Silva, but I favor Franklin more because of the whole Silva/Chael thing. Kinda annoyed me tbh, cuz Wandy never shit talked Anderson for disrespecting the entire sport on numerous occassions.

But yea, I got Franklin by Split Decision.

Stringer_Bell
06-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Also, Rich is in the hall of fame and should definately have a job with UFC fighter relations since I suspect he was instrumental in the whole health insurance thing. Props to Brazil for filling up that stadium and sounding crazy even tho the card changed so much.

ace3g
06-23-2012, 11:11 PM
main event time

ace3g
06-23-2012, 11:31 PM
great recover round by Rich in the 3rd

dbreiden83080
06-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Last time i ever stream anything i damn near got a virus..

Rich won, Wandy easily got the 2nd and then gassed.. 2 should have been a 10-8 RD bad MMA scoring strikes again.. But Rich won for sure.. Wandy should retire.. I hope he does..

dbreiden83080
06-24-2012, 12:10 AM
BTW that is 2 wins against Wandy for Rich.. Both came when Wandy was past it but still 2 wins.. Rich continues to be one of the most accomplished and underappreciated MMA legends of all time.. Career record of 29-6 with 2 of those losses against Anderson.. Rich was a great MW champ before Silva took the reigns.. His loss against Hendo i thought Rich Won.. Also has a loss to Vitor and Forrest.. He has wins over Wandy twice, Chuck, Okami, Tanner, Shamrock, Lutter, Hammill,

Rich at 37 is still plugging along.. One hell of a career...

MannyIsGod
06-24-2012, 04:06 AM
IMO, the 2nd round probably should have been stopped and Rich's comments at the end show that. Rich Franklin is awesome though.

dbreiden83080
06-24-2012, 09:46 AM
IMO, the 2nd round probably should have been stopped and Rich's comments at the end show that. Rich Franklin is awesome though.

I never like to hear that excuse. If you come back to win the fight then it should not have been stopped.. Rich pretty much dominated the rest of the fight..