PDA

View Full Version : Sources Rasheed Wallace to the lakers

IronMaxipad
02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Source: Rasheed Wallace to sign with Lakers

CSNNE.com has learned that the former Boston Celtic forward plans to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Wallace hasn't played in an NBA game since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, alerting the C's shortly before the game that he planned to retire.

Although he had two years remaining on his contract, Wallace and the Celtics came to terms on a buy-out of the remaining years believed to be worth about $1 million.

His return to action has been rumored for weeks, fueled by a decent showing at Pro-Am tournament in North Carolina this summer.

It only became heightened by, according to league sources, a renewed conditioning regimen that apparently has him looking better than he has "in years."

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Source-Rasheed-Wallace-to-sign-with-Lake?blockID=657492&feedID=3352

fml

Reck
02-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow the Lakers are this desperate? They were old, if this is true Wallace would make them ancients. :lol

Robz4000
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
:lmao they just basically added negative weight to the team

Maybe he'll start so Gasol can come off the bench, or maybe it's a prelude to him being traded?

baseline bum
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Sweet, now they can trade Gasol and open up an extra 10 shots a game for Kobe.

IronMaxipad
02-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Backup for dwight. Nothing to see here. :wakeup

JamStone
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
If he's anywhere close to being in shape, it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot. Obviously, a huge if whether he's in shape or not. They're using Troy Murphy right now as basically the third big. Brown stopped playing McRoberts, which I'm not sure why because I thought he played well in the beginning of the season. I figure Sheed "might" be an upgrade over Murphy if he's in shape. If he's not, then waive him. Doesn't hurt to try.

baseline bum
02-24-2012, 04:33 PM
So is Sheed broke as shit like Iverson, Pippen, and Antoine Walker were when making their failed return bids?

JamStone
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Doubtful. He walked away from something close to $7 million guaranteed from Boston when he retired. If he was close to broke then, he would have kept playing for that Celtics paycheck. Now, he'll probably play for a minimum deal not even worth $1 million.

Mel_13
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
The lack of interest from Boston tells you everything you need to know about what Sheed has left.

baseline bum
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Doubtful. He walked away from something close to $7 million guaranteed from Boston when he retired. If he was close to broke then, he would have kept playing for that Celtics paycheck. Now, he'll probably play for a minimum deal not even worth $1 million.

It happens though; look at Sprewell walking away from $20+ million.

Killakobe81
02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
The lack of interest from Boston tells you everything you need to know about what Sheed has left.

I doubt he has much left, but the argument you make is like saying Odom is washed up because he traded him for a pick and the TPE ...

Sure Lamar has sucked, in Dallas ...but Rasheed was bought out of a deal for over $7million. Maybe they would of liked him back, but not at THAT price ...i wouldnt pay him that either ...and that wa sthe main reason we let go of Lamar. why pay a digruntled employee $9 mill?!

As for the move ...who knows?! Mitch is a UNC alumn maybe the folks in Chapel Hill gave him some insight that he still has something left ...

This season sucks. even if you ignore the VETO, Stern and his owners took a steaming hot pile dump on the overall quality of play. Outside of the Heat, bulls Clips and OKC (and Lakers of course) I wouldnt pay a dime to see any of these teams play ...

The schedule has played havoc on shooting %'s and the compressed schedule has led to even MORE injuries ...

manufan10
02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
It happens though; look at Sprewell walking away from $20+ million.

:cry I gotta feed my family. :cry

jeebus
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Cool, someone to chuck 3's. Sign Gilbert Arenas and you've got the dynasty for the 10s.

Spur_Fanatic
02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Sweet, now they can trade Gasol and open up an extra 10 shots a game for Kobe.

:king

IronMaxipad
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
big move coming sons. Mitch got the ball rolling.

Sign sheed
Phase 1 complete

stay tuned

Banzai
02-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Laughable really...

tlongII
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Sheed and Metta World Peace on the same team???

Reality Television.

NewcastleKEG
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Stupid for both parties

Shoulda gone to a Spurs if he wanted to get respect & win

Mel_13
02-24-2012, 05:21 PM
I doubt he has much left, but the argument you make is like saying Odom is washed up because he traded him for a pick and the TPE ...

Sure Lamar has sucked, in Dallas ...but Rasheed was bought out of a deal for over $7million. Maybe they would of liked him back, but not at THAT price ...i wouldnt pay him that either ...and that wa sthe main reason we let go of Lamar. why pay a digruntled employee $9 mill?!

As for the move ...who knows?! Mitch is a UNC alumn maybe the folks in Chapel Hill gave him some insight that he still has something left ...

This season sucks. even if you ignore the VETO, Stern and his owners took a steaming hot pile dump on the overall quality of play. Outside of the Heat, bulls Clips and OKC (and Lakers of course) I wouldnt pay a dime to see any of these teams play ...

The schedule has played havoc on shooting %'s and the compressed schedule has led to even MORE injuries ...

Where did I say anything about 7M?. Boston could have had him for the minimum just like the Lakers. They just weren't interested.

manufan10
02-24-2012, 05:23 PM

Reality Television.

:tu

BlackSwordsMan
02-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Lakers already have a bench and the leagues best Center why are they trying to stack more good players?

bus driver
02-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Backup for dwight. Nothing to see here. :wakeup

:lmao

stay +

Banzai
02-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Lol..Kobe and shred going to set a record for technicals in a game.

baseline bum
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Where did I say anything about 7M?. Boston could have had him for the minimum just like the Lakers. They just weren't interested.

It wasn't the other way around? I mean, no way he gravy-trains a ring there now. LA is still talented enough to win a title.

Jodelo
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM

Reality Television.

Non-issue.

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Last time he was at Staples they had to call SWAT and carry him out.

tee, hee.

NewcastleKEG
02-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Last time he was at Staples they had to call SWAT and carry him out.

tee, hee.
Lakers are still shooting free throws

:lol

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Lakers are still shooting free throws

:lol

That's what happens when you put last second game winners in the basket during the first 82 games......you parade to the free throw line in California in June, and call SWAT afterward to clean up the sour grapes.

tee, hee.

NewcastleKEG
02-24-2012, 05:50 PM
That's what happens when you put last second game winners in the basket during the first 82 games......you parade to the free throw line in California in June, and call SWAT afterward to clean up the sour grapes.

tee, hee.
Atleast you acknowledge the bullshit

Good for you

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 06:04 PM
^Never denied it. I'm like that Malcolm X fellow:::"by any means necessary."

jag
02-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Stupid for both parties

Shoulda gone to a Spurs if he wanted to get respect & win

It takes a special kind of team to still want Sheed. The Spurs are not that team.

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
It takes a special kind of team to still want Sheed. The Spurs are not that team.

My ass. You guys were running that exact Thread upstairs months ago, wettin' your ditties over him.

Don't even start.

lefty
02-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

jag
02-24-2012, 06:51 PM
My ass. You guys were running that exact Thread upstairs months ago, wettin' your ditties over him.

Don't even start.

I don't recall seeing RC Buford and Pop posting in any Rasheed Wallace threads upstairs.

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Source-Rasheed-Wallace-to-sign-with-Lake?blockID=657492&feedID=3352

fml

In addition my sources tell me that a Blockbuster Deal is the works that will certainly reshape the foundations of the NBA..here is what is being worked:

A 4 team trade, involving the Lakers, Magic, Nets, and Timberwolves.

Lakers receive: Dwight, Deron, and Anthony Randolph.
Magic receive: Bynum, Anthony Morrow, Metta World Peace, Matt Barnes, Jordan Farmar, and the Utah Jazz 2012 first-round pick via Minnesota.
Nets receive: Jameer Nelson, Derrick Williams, Michael Beasley, Martell Webster, Darko Milicic, and the Mavericks 2012 first-round pick via Los Angeles
Timberwolves receive: Hedo Turkoglu, Pau Gasol, Mehmet Okur and JJ Redick.

stay tuned...

DPG21920
02-24-2012, 06:58 PM
:lmao Stern nixed Sheed to LA due to pending legal issues:

New York(AP)—The Lakers say attempts to sign forward Rasheed Wallace have been halted by commissioner David Stern due to "pending legal issues".

The legal issues stem from an assault case in 2006 where Wallace was accused of stabbing a patron at a club in Las Vegas.

This controversial ruling from commissioner Stern is on the back of another unpopular ruling involving the Lakers when a trade that would have landed Chris Paul on the Lakers was nixed in the eleventh-hour.

Lakers GM was Mitch Kupchak was unavailable for comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqaGIeIZSJvU9YlosPQ0Lc68vLYF?slug=ap-stern-wallacelegal

Muser
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
nvm

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Can't be worse than pairing Rodman with the choir boy. I remember how giddy you all were when that cross dresser came to town.

Luva is correct here. And Rodman ended up quitting in the middle of the playoff session.

My Luva

Reck
02-24-2012, 07:24 PM
What did the Lakers do to Stern? He's hell bent on butt fucking them any chance he gets. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Can't be worse than pairing Rodman with the choir boy. I remember how giddy you all were when that cross dresser came to town.How giddy were you when that cross dresser came to your town?

jag
02-24-2012, 08:02 PM
My Luva

Soft ass old man referring to other men like that. I'm not surprised considering your history of sexually deviant behavior.

Latarian Milton
02-24-2012, 08:13 PM
swordy you think sheed is a good player for real? :rolleyes

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Soft ass old man referring to other men like that. I'm not surprised considering your history of sexually deviant behavior.

With quote/endquote Mr. & Mrs. MVP mandated (young adullts)?

Reck
02-24-2012, 08:25 PM
With quote/endquote Mr. & Mrs. MVP mandated (young adullts)?

I need some vbucks pappa.

NRHector
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Expect more players-only-meetings

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
^You should climb the steps and denounce all your buddies castigating Pop for missing out.

NRHector
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
^You should climb the steps and denounce all your buddies castigating Pop for missing out.The Spurs can afford to lose some games once in awhile and they don't need players-only-meetings

IronMaxipad
02-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Just got off the phone with one of my sources. Here's the latest:

Lakers are bringing in Sheed for a workout.
Gives a 80% chance ' Sheed signs with the Lakers

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 09:50 PM
The Spurs can afford to lose some games once in awhile and they don't need players-only-meetings

But, they do need to obey U.S. labor laws concerning part time employees.:rollin

Reck
02-24-2012, 09:51 PM
But, they do need to obey U.S. labor laws concerning part time employees.:rollin

Speaking from experiencia Giupp? :lol

Giuseppe
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Speaking from experiencia Giupp? :lol

Please.